• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Curiosity regarding the <ruby> tag

BlackHadou

A Resting Bui
I'm uncertain how much control you actually have over the BBCode editor and the Rich Text Editor, but I was wondering if it was possible to add a function to it that uses the html <ruby> tag (or even just lets you write said tag into the editor and have it work ala the table formats).

The <ruby> command has the following format:

<ruby>Blah<rt>Blah2</rt></ruby>

And it has the output of, if you look on this page, placing a word or line of text in line with the others and giving a header line on top of it, as demonstrated by the Japanese text and the text "Hogu, Nouburu Fantazumu".

Admittedly... my interest in this is entirely to represent the names of Noble Phantasms properly, so it might not be worth the effort of man power to implement. I'm told Beast Lair has it enabled, though.

This is theoretically possible. I'm coming up on Christmas break, so I may have the time to try something like this. It would overwhelmingly likely work only in the plain-text editor; the rich-text does its own thing, and I can't really modify it.

This is theoretically possible. I'm coming up on Christmas break, so I may have the time to try something like this. It would overwhelmingly likely work only in the plain-text editor; the rich-text does its own thing, and I can't really modify it.
Thank you. I only use the Rich Text Editor to keep the spacing formatting when I copy from word anyway. I do all my actual formatting in the BBCode Editor in the first place.

Shouldn't it still be possible to simply write the tags in the rich-text editor though? Works with other stuff.

Shouldn't it still be possible to simply write the tags in the rich-text editor though? Works with other stuff.
I suspect the Rich Text Editor filters its tags through its own module. You'd need to add the functionality to that module before it'll work.

Though really, I can't say for sure without knowing shit about the backend, and honestly, I don't. All I know is that the editors strip out html tags (and for good reason), or I'd adhoc it manually.

I don't know anything about the rich-text editor. If it passes through bbcode written in the rich text, then presumably it would work for new tags as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back