• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Knight Lost in Sengoku

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

I wake up, and this beautiful day starts with a most dreadful migraine.

"Ooh, my head..." I...

Introspective Tinkerer

Searching for their Answer
I wake up, and this beautiful day starts with a most dreadful migraine.

"Ooh, my head..." I open my eyes only to shut them almost immediately, the light from the sun pounding my skull like one of Torch's warhammers. As I sit down my hands come up and remove the helm, allowing me to massage my temples to ward off the headache.

Wait a moment. My helm? I never sleep with my helm: it would be too uncomfortable to sleep properly. The only way...would be fainting!

My eyes shot open and I scan my surroundings. I am resting next to a small road in the middle of a forest. But the trees...they aren't anything like I have ever seen. Granted I am not an expert, but I traveled around Wadenstein and nearby countries enough that I have become familiar with a lot of different environments. The air is warm but not too humid, meaning I am in the East.

I check myself: my armor is fine (as it should: I had it repaired just two days ago), my shield is on my left forearm and my sword still in its sheath. The helm is fine too. I open my pouch, finding some gold coins.

All in all there is nothing wrong with me. How did I end here then? Think...think...

Now I remember! The Vicarius told me about a rogue wizard terrorizing a small village. It was a simple mission, so I went alone without taking with me any of the men from my squad. Once there it was easy tracking down the knave. He tried to fight me off, but after seeing that no spell worked on my armor he fled. I chased him into a cave...a strange altar...then nothing. Absolute darkness.

What happened to me?

My musings are cut short as I hear a familiar sound: the gallop of horses. On a road, this means people! I stand up, shaking off the last trace of my migraine, holds my helm to my left side and walk toward the road.

However, my hopes of finding answers dwindle as the raiders come into view: the men riding the horses, an unfamiliar breed, are armed but instead of armor they are wearing tattered clothes. Some of them have a plate placed onto strategic points like the hearth, but they're too thin: any good greatsword would break through it like wood. Another strange detail is the coloration of their skin: it's slightly yellow, and their facial structure...

I realize with dread that I may be more distant from home than I thought.

The raider at the head raises a hand as he sees me, and the others stop their horses. "Well, well, well..." He grins. "What do we have there?"

"Salutations." I say as politely as possible. "It appears I am lost. This land is unknown to me. Could you please help me?"

"Of course. We will help you right away." He gestures, and the others get down and swiftly surround me, weapons pointed at me.

I sigh. Why can't thing be easy for a change. "I suggest you change your mind. This is an unwise course of action."

"Watch your mouth!" The leader snarls. "I won't be patronized by a filthy foreigner!"

"Filthy? If my nose is not deceiving me the only ones filthy here are your lot." I retort back.

He shouts in rage and charges at me, his sword hold high.

My shield comes up and smashes into his face, breaking his nose. "Idiot. If you are going to ambush someone, be silent while you're doing it."

Two more attack me from the front. I parry their spears with my shield and with a swift movement draw my sword, slicing through their weapons like butter.

"Normally I try to be merciful. After all condemning people to death is the judge's job." I say to their stupefied faces before I separate their heads from their shoulders. "But brigands like you, ready to rob a lost man, are not worthy of mercy!"

What follow next is not a battle, but a massacre: the difference in skills between them and me is too great. It's true I am wearing heavier armor, but I've worn it for so many years that it isn't an impediment anymore.

With a final thrust I plunge my sword into the leader's chest, killing him instantly, while my other hand takes the horse's reins.

I stop and relax a little, then I collect the bodies and arrange them in a neat file next to the road. I can't bury them, so this is the only service I can offer. "Now your fate is in the hands of the gods." I recite the traditional formula.

Then I mount the leader's horse and start galloping in the direction the bandits were going to. Almost a hour later I reach the end of the forest.

What greet me is a small village, the houses build in a style completely foreign to me. Around it are many fields, for some strange reason covered by a sheen of water, and walking between them are more people with a yellow tone of skin.

It's official. I have no idea where the hell I am.

"Torumoshdag, help..." I offer a prayer to my god, but I doubt he can do something: he's the God of Valor, Combat, Defense and Victory, not the God of Lost Wanderers.

What should I do now?

[] Communicate with the locals.
[] Wait at the edge of the forest and observe them for a little.
[] Write-in.
----

Alexander and Introspective Tinkerer presents:

A Fantasy Knight in Feudal Japan

[X] Write-in: Approach the village openly and with your weapon visible but not drawn. Stop at the very edge and ask the nearest local for directions to whoever is in charge of the village. Remain as polite as possible, but be insistent.

[X] Write-in: Approach the village openly and with your weapon visible but not drawn. Stop at the very edge and ask the nearest local for directions to whoever is in charge of the village. Remain as polite as possible, but be insistent.

[X] Gideon020

Do we have proper plate armor?
Either way, is our equipment decent by medieval europe standard?

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Wait at the edge of the forest and observe them for a little.

If one of them sees and approaches us first, so much the better.

Full plate is the order of the day, and keep in mind you were able to outmaneuver a group people who were all wearing just rags in armor that made people prefer riding a horse in the Middle Ages. Equipment-wise your sword has served you admirably over the years, splitting both demon and dragon hide. While your shield has been a bulwark against many a foe.

Introspective Tinkerer said:
Full plate is the order of the day, and keep in mind you were able to outmaneuver a group people who were all wearing just rags in armor that made people prefer riding a horse in the Middle Ages. Equipment-wise your sword has served you admirably over the years, splitting both demon and dragon hide. While your shield has been a bulwark against many a foe.
That's nice, while full plate contrary to popular belief didn't really limit mobility we should have nice endurance and pretty much invulnerable armor is nice.

[X] hang back for a bit to see if you can find anyone of higher standing than the farmers, then approach the village openly and with your weapon visible but not drawn. Stop at the edge of the village and ask the high ranked individual for the lay of the land
-if a high ranked individual is unavailable, then approach the village openly and with your weapon visible but not drawn. Stop at the edge of the village and ask for the lay of the land or someone who would know

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys turns out I started this before I was ready so I'm going to have end this quest. Sorry guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back