• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Life Without Regrets

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Though you probably have no right to say it you - Tanaka Momo - have a life filled with...

Master of Squirrel-fu

The Original
Though you probably have no right to say it you - Tanaka Momo - have a life filled with hardship.

Though not quite as dramatic as most would assume from such a line you still felt life had dealt you an off hand and it wouldn't be wrong to say your life tended to be filled with more misfortune that not. But occasionally the line blurred between good luck and bad luck so much that you'd only be able to discern the difference in hindsight.

This was one of those moments.

You sat before a girl who looked barely into puberty judging by size alone eating a simple meal of instant ramen. It wasn't much but it was all you could afford as a street musician. The girl silently ate her portion of the food with a slight scowl on her face. Less as if displeased with the current situation but more like she was simply aggravated by default. An awkward silence hung in the air between you two. You'd attempted a couple times to make small talk but such was either ignored or given a terse if sarcastic reply that would shut down the conversation before it could really start.

Clink

You looked down at your bowl to realize it'd been cleaned out while you were lost in thought. You pondered making a second bowl for yourself before dismissing it. Having a guest was draining enough on your resources, if you started to eat more you'd end up having to squeeze blood from the stone to meet ends meat. With a sigh you sat back and waited for your new house guest to finish her own bowl. She was not on the first, you noted, she'd been on her third when you lost track of time and had only added two more to the pile. You could feel your wallet weeping at what your food bill for the month is going to be with her around.

"What?" You flinched back as she leveled a glare at you, "You've been staring at me for the last 10 minutes. ... Don't tell you your like that?"

The last was said with a hint of a smirk. A joke then. It doesn't really bother you. You weren't like that. Or like anything for that mater, your priority list was 1) Music, 2) Staying Alive, 3) Keeping your house. Things of that nature didn't really even register to you unless specifically pointed out to you. And her current eating habits seemed to be jeopardizing the later two.

"Well, it's just that I was wondering how long it would take till you eat me out of house and home." You normally aren't so snippy but you didn't ask for much out of life and acted aggressively to defend what little you'd been blessed with. You sigh though trying to relax, "I suppose a growing girl needs food."

Oddly the later statement seemed to be the one to tick her off. She sent a scathing look into your eye, and you're ashamed to say that a you were intimidated by the harsh glare of a girl 10 years your junior. She quickly slurped down what was left of the noodle and broth and slammed the bowl down on the table.

"I didn't see you telling me to stop," She proceeded to lean back into a posture probably would have been obscene for a woman but was merely improper on her. You think if she had been wearing a skirt you'd have been able to see her panties without having to move your head. All and all it was the relaxation posture of a drunken layabout with zero shame, "You said you wanted to repay me didn't you?"

You sighed, that you did.

The girl, Sakura Kyouko, was your savior, your hero, she'd rescued you from certain death. You'd been lured into a trap by an alien creature who'd intended to kill and devour you when she'd saved you. The way she fought, her motions, her grace, everything simply entranced you, like poetry in motion. With every stab you could hear her anger, with every slash her despair, and every block her defiance. With her every motion she captivated you. It had lasted mere seconds but for you it felt so much longer.

You weren't one to lie to yourself, you'd learned long ago that such things only ended badly for you. Instead you took a moment to be sure of it, and in your heart you felt no doubt.

You were in love.
...with a little girl. You felt it wise to keep that to yourself. You might have stopped living in denial but that didn't mean you blurted out incriminating things for no reason. Again, you weren't like that. Either version of that. It was love not lust, you didn't desire her so much as enjoyed being in her presence.

So you'd approached her after she'd destroyed the creature, something that seemed to surprise her though she never elaborated why, and offered her some kind of repayment for her help. She'd attempted to dismiss it as "Just a familiar" but to you the difference was meaningless. You'd have been just as dead in the end between the fake and real thing. You'd pestered her until she snapped and said if you were so grateful you'd let her stay with you indefinitely. Obviously a demand that was supposed to make you back down. You found a bit of guilty pleasure in the look on her face when you instantly and loudly replied with yes.

That was 3 days ago. Three days of her lounging around mooching off you. Three days of her eating all your food. Three days of grumpy shouting and harsh glares. Three days of her being quite possible the worst house guest she could be short of burning the building down.

You didn't regret a moment.

Still you wish she'd act a bit more like a girl her age and less like a the "Sexy drunk nee-chan" type character found in manga. The discrepancy in body type only made it more awkward.

"I'm not made of money Kyouko-chan," You got up and stepped around the table towards her, "But unless you don't mind sleeping outside in the streets you need to cut back a bit."

You reached down towards her, she tensed as she usually did but didn't physically attack like the first couple times. You hand reached for her shirt... and straitened it up. You automatically began correcting her cloths and posture to be a bit more presentable. Shirt no longer scandalously loose, shorts buttoned up, jacket off because we were inside dammit! Your mother likely would have had a heart attack with how this girl acted.

[X] Nagging: "A young lady shouldn't leave themselves so open,"
[X] Teasing: "If you keep acting like this I might think you're trying to seduce me."
[X] ???

[X] Nagging

You finished maneuvering the girl into a less unwholesome pose. The moment you broke contact however whatever spell had been holding her in place fuss free also shattered. With a surprised yelp she threw herself away from you with a blush spreading over her face which you found just adorable. Her mouth moved though only a few incoherent stammers and squeeks came out for a moment before she got her baring once again.

She glared wholeheartedly at you, angry at the embarrassment.

"You... I was right you are like that!" It actually hurts a bit the tone of her voice, with ears like your you could pick out the hints of betrayal and niggling disgust. Best to nip that in the bud before it could get out of hand.

"I wasn't trying anything Kyoko, like I said I'm not like that. And you can take my word that I'm not just going to spontaneously develop some sort of complex," half true, as you already have one. Sort of. Only for her that is, "You shouldn't leave yourself so open Kyoko-chan, if I happened to be one of those kinds of people why I'd have so many opportunities to do such disreputable things to you."

She'd relaxed a bit from the slightly teasing tone of your admonishment. Still though it wouldn't do to have her take such a thing too lightly and forget it later. You go in for the kill and to hopefully end her bad habit early before it could get her in trouble later.

"A young lady needs to be mindful of such things Kyoko-chan," Had your feelings been any less innocent you didn't think you'd have been able to stand such acts. Then again you still aren't. Odd that...

That however seemed to be the exact wrong thing to say. The girl who had once been cooling off had her temper reignited by your words. She gave you a very harsh glare to which you flinched back. Not one of embarrassment at the nagging but as if you had just jabbed her in an old infected wound. As much as you could see anger in her eyes what hit you the hardest seemed to be the hurt you'd accidentally caused her which vanished almost as soon as it was glimpsed.

"Tch, is that all you ever do, complain?" She stood up pointedly making a point of not looking at you as she began to make her way to the door, "If you have a problem with me just come out and say it rather than pretending to be some kind of nice girl. You don't like how I act? Fine, your place sucks anyway."

She shoved her way past you as you had stood there momentarily stunned. At the jolt you came to your senses and turned to grab her arm before she could make it to far.

"Kyoko wait!"

"What?" She spat back in your face.

You hesitated for a moment, you'd stopped her without any real plan of action, not even really getting what had set her off so. She only seemed to get angrier, and not wanting to make things worse blurted something, anything out to hopefully keep her from leaving.

"You're not wearing a bra!"

In hindsight it was a very stupid thing to say. It was just the first thing that popped into your head, something that had been bothering you but you'd not addressed. Indeed there was only a thin layer of cloth between her and the rest of the world, one that had loosed quite a bit from lack of care over a long period. In fact if you tilted your head just a bit more you could see her... Your train of thought was halted in the form of a foot dropping painfully on your toes.

"The hell are you staring at?" While still angry at least it was no longer so harsh, having switched more to indignant. You couldn't see her face though, as you were more preoccupied with your wounded foot.

"You're a girl Kyoko-chan you should be more mindful of such things. It's just not proper," You mumble out.

"Hn, you're still on that?" She grunted out, though something in her tone unsettled you. It was far too dark, "Just like him, you never have anything to say to me unless it's inconvenient to you not to. What I think doesn't even factor in.

"Let me tell you Momo I threw away such things when I chose to become a Mahou Shojou. Because to be a Magical Girl is to live a constant battle where any faltering is death. It's a death game where you can't win, and so all you can do is keep from loosing as long as possible. I don't have the time or energy to waste on useless crap like that! In this world strong eat the weak, sticking your neck out for others will just get it cut off, and no matter how hard you try or how much you pray you can still end up with nothing to show for your efforts. If you can't understand something so obvious you have no right to judge me.

"Kyoko-chan," Over the course of her rant she'd lost much steam. Ironically you would have preferred her belting the whole thing at you to what you'd seen. She'd seemed to go more and more hollow and mechanical with every word, as if reciting it rather than saying it. By the end her eyes had lost their shine leaving only bitterness. You squeezed her hand tight, "So what is there then, do you just lie back and stop caring? Could you really accept that?"

Surely not. The Kyoko you had seen was a fighter. A candle burning bright despite the conditions in which it was kept.

"Of course I have," She looked down at you, "If it's inevitable than there's no point in fighting, it's just a waste of effort and time. Caring only leads to despair and regret in the end any hope will just crash and burn, and all the passion will just be gas dumped on the fire. If I never experience great hope than I'll never experience that despair, it's a zero-sum equation and in the end it all evens out. If I live this way or that way it's all the same in the end, just this way I don't get burned as bad."

Your head hung down, your eyes to the floor. Your grip slackened until your hand fell from her arm.

"... Figures," Kyoko said and turned once again to leave.

"Kyoko..."

"Wha-" The younger girl turned around, exasperated. She did not have time to react to the palm until far too late.

Smack!

"Ow, what the hell you psycho bitch!?" She landed on the floor, looking up at you, who was now standing, in anger and confusion, "Why the hell did you hit me?!"

"That," You grunt, leveling a harsh stare down at the girl, pinning her in place "Was the stupidest goddamn thing I have ever heard."

"Hey!" She tried to protest, but you didn't give her time.

"Is that your answer then? The world is cold and unforgiving so you're supposed to be too? That's not an answer, that's called giving up!" Your hands began to hurt with how tight you'd clenched your fists. You'd seen the sadness in her eyes before. That she held inner demons locked up, which she'd now let out. But you'd never thought it'd be like this. You weren't angry, no that word did not do justice to the burning fury ignited in you, not at her of course but at such a philosophy, it was something that ran completely opposed to the woman known as Tanaka Momo at the most fundamental level, "While I'll admit cynicism and caution have their place. A necessary to temper and protect us from ourselves. But to look out at the world and see nothing but an empty wasteland filled with dreary darkness and to treat any stray ray of light like some kind of curse will only cause you to linger even longer in that hell you trapped yourself in."

"Maybe there's times when life doesn't seem fair. Maybe not every good deed goes rewarded not evil punished and sometimes you might just want to give up, but don't go making excuses if you do. My father was a spineless addict, my mother a monster, and my family loathsome and hateful. I've gone hungry before, that gnawing feeling is like an old friend, I've taken lumps, I've cried and I've yelled, I've done many things I'm not proud of to claw my way up to where I am right now, one step above vagrancy and two bellow everyone else. And you know what? I can still smile! With as fucked up as life is and how hard it's tried to stomp me down I can still look around and see a world worth living in."

By this point Kyoko had risen back to her feet. And much a reverse of earlier had occurred with her being the one looking down. You could see the tension of her body. You grabbed her shoulders and made her look up and meet your eyes. Her eyes were wet but she stubbornly refused to let herself cry, instead glaring impertinently back at you. Before she could say anything or shake you off you threw yourself forward.

You felt her stiffen in your arms. You just held her all the tighter.

"You aren't alone Kyoko-chan," you whisper to her, "Not anymore. I know you have hopes and dreams and all the mental that comes with growing up too early. I want you to smile, I want you to know it's not wrong to care and believe. I want you to be happy, because I want you to be happy, because I know you, because I am you, but mostly because you deserve to be happy.

You relaxed your grip as you felt her too begin to slacken. You spent several long moments just like that, her head in your chest and you comfortingly holding her, neither of you moving to break the moment.

"I'm here for you Kyoko, it doesn't matter if you were lonely before because now you aren't," You pulled back so you could see her face. With one hand you lifted her head slightly to look her in the eye and grinned, "Because if nothing else I'll stay with you, and you'll see that hope isn't such a bad thing. If anyone ever tells you otherwise I'll be there to knock some sense into them, like you."

She gave a snort and grinned back at you. With the disaster averted rubbed her head affectionately, to her chagrin. You were happy, it always upset you to hear such cynicism especial from one so young. You could never understand how people could just wallow in their own misery like that and purposely blind themselves, to one who had vowed to live free of regrets it was your anathema.

"But seriously, you should start wearing a bra Kyoko-chan, that's indecent."

She groaned.

[X] Time for work, bills don't pay themselves!
_[X] Play at the nearby park.
_[X] Play at a nearby shopping center
_[X] Play at a nearby hospital
[X] Spend time with Kyoko.
_[X] Shopping! At the local thrift store. ...You aren't made of money!
_[X] Hang out at the mall.
_[X] Just stay home.
_[X] What ever she wants.
[X] ???

Should I recognise her or is she a pure original char?

Money makes the world go round, yannow.

Sorry for the delay guys but lotta stuff on my plate right now. Not only Halloween and plans for that but also alot of birthdays in my family i forgot and I gotta do stuff for that, plus a few surprises I had planned that I gotta get a rush on. So maybe on the first I should have it the snip. sorry guys.

This looks neat. Lets see where it goes!

[X] Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart

"Ugh, why are we here?" Kyoko leaned against a nearby wall with a scowl. She made no effort to hide her displeasure at being dragged to someplace she didn't want to go in the first place.

"We're shopping," You held up a small blouse and check it over. You nod in satisfaction, cute without being childish.

You didn't have to be looking at her to to know she was shooting your an irritated look, "You're shopping, I'm here against my will."

You hummed and continued to go through the cloths. "You need cloths Kyoko-chan, in all the time we've been together I haven't seen you in anything but that tanktop and shorts. ...And no, your 'uniform' doesn't count."

You could hear the click as her mouth quickly snapped shut followed by a soft 'harrumph'. "Tch, this is a waste of time."

"You need to take better care of yourself Kyoko; a girl should care about how she presents herself after all."

"If that's the case than why did you come here?"

You actually tore yourself away from your investigate at that comment. You lifted your head above the clothes racks to take a look around the store to maybe find what she found so offensive. A little dingy and messy sure but nothing too out of place for a second hand store. The place you had chosen to shop at was a non-profit charity if you recalled, run by the a local mission for some new religion. The workers were mostly volunteers from the community and the sponsoring church, and while they weren't as in-your-face with their particular sect as others (with the speed they seemed to spawn and disappear it you were somewhat surprised they were still around), they still trolled for converts from their down trodden customers. All the walls in the place also held what you assumed were symbioses of their faith, weird loopy things, an oval inside another with a circle in the middle that resembled an eye. Subliminal advertising?

"And what's so bad about this place?" You actually were somewhat annoyed at her complaint as you actually frequented the store yourself. Did she think you some kind of wacky cultist? You weren't one for religion, oh you approved in belief and faith you just like the message of 'Do as we say and you won't go to hell' that came with most.

"You're kidding right?" Her looks spoke volumes. After a few moments her eyes widened until her face was filled with horrified awe, "Oh dear Jesus you aren't. Seriously? Seriously!? Look at this place! Take a sniff it smells like the inside of a public toilet! And this!"

She grabbed a ragged looking jacket off a nearby hanger and held it up to you. You thought you actually might have seen something crawling on it before the younger girl tossed it away on the floor. ...Okay, you admit she had a bit of a point. Still it was the only place in the city you could afford to shop at. And with her as your new house guest for life you had an even tighter budget.

"Well not everything here is that bad Kyoko, just look at me."

"I am, and it just proves my point."

"Oh Ouch," You dramatically grabbed your heart, "You wound me Kyoko-chan. But you still need more cloths than you do now, what would you do if they got torn or something?"

"Fix'em." She picked up another shirt and inspected it for a moment. It was just as raggedy as the coat you noted in bemusement.

"You sew?" Odd, you didn't think she'd have such a feminine talent.

"No," She raised a hand to silence your next question and simply tossed the shirt to you. You caught it out of the air and it unfurled in your hands, revealing a whole and clean cloth, "Magic. I can clean, repair, and "enhance" mundane objects. I usually don't do it too much, costs y'know... still, pretty useful ne?"

You nodded, impressed by the usefulness magic seemed to have. It explained how her clothes seemed to always be fairly clean, immaculate, and free of unpleasant odors despite you never seeing her clean them. Unbidden the thought of how much money you could save on laundry if you abused Kyouko-chan's magic. Ah~ You'd never do something so despicable as use someone as a tool, especially Kyoko-chan but not being dirt poor was a wonderful fantasy.

Still...

"That doesn't change the fact you don't have any other cloths Kyouko-chan," And you wanted to spend some time with your new roommate, that the situation could loosely, vaguely, ...maybe if you squinted at it from the right angle, be seen as a date was icing. Perhaps it'd even turn out like you'd read in manga, with each of you trying on new cloths and showing them off to each other! "At the very least we need to get you some more underwear."

For some reason that line caused her to jump back and give you disgusted look. You suddenly felt very worried you'd accidentally made some kind of come on without intending to.

"There is no way in hell I'm buying something like that from here! God only knows where those things have been." She eyed the store's wares with a suspicious eye, "I worked charity before, people don't give out of the goodness of their hearts they're doing it because it's convenient. Trust me, when I say they don't give a shit if they spread what ever they got around. Magic or no, there is no way I'm not putting anything from second hand store on."

"You do charity?" Probably not the nicest thing to say, doubting her femininity was one thing but doubting she'd do something for someone else free of charge seemed pretty rude. Especially given your relationship. The grimace on her face made you feel guilty about doubting her.

"It's nothing, not like it matters anymore. Can we just leave now, I'd rather not get to close to anything here?" You'd think she meant the cloths though when you followed her line of sight you traced it over to a symbol hanging just above a rack. The look only lasted for a moment before she moved her gaze.

She hung her head and the shadows, as if sensing the mood, moved to shadow her eyes. She didn't seem angry but you could see the deep hollowness from before reemerging. An awkward silence hung in the air, the normally ignored background sounds of other shoppers becoming much more noticeable, almost deafening. You looked down at the clothes you had in your arms.

A sigh escaped your lips, you knew what you had to do, as much as it pained you to admit it.

"I," You don't make eye contact as she turned back to look at you. It was taking quite a bit of will power to force the next words out of your mouth, "I supposed we can go someplace better (more expensive) if you want..."

Ugh, you'd given a teenage girl free reign over your shopping trip, you were sure that by the end of the week you'd be giving your poor wallet a funeral. Still though, it was for Kyouko-chan. It was obvious that her problem probably wasn't the state of the cloths, or at least not just that, as it seemed charity stores like this seemed to open old wounds.

Besides, what was the worse that could happen in indulging her a little?

==============​

The two of you walk out of the small shop much later with several bags of things. That... That went far better than expected really, tempting fate aside. As it turned out Kyouko's choice of clothing supplier was a 99 yen store you'd never noticed before. In fact she had dragged you to many very cheap out of the way shops you'd gone all these years without knowing. She'd bought a couple dirt cheap packs of panties and tank tops, and at your insistence a few more presentable options to dress in. Ironically you'd ended up being the one to spend the most, buying several skirts and bloused for the both of you plus several miscellaneous items. Still you couldn't help the small amount of disappointment in your relief though.

"You didn't spend all your money did you?" Kyouko asked not sounding all that concerned, "It'd suck to end up back on the street because you got carried away."

"No no," You wave her off, "I got a bit saved up for a rainy day." And you'd probably have to dip into that to get by for the month

"Oh," She returned her eyes to the road, though she seemed somewhat anxious about something. She glanced your way a few times as if she had something to say before hesitating and returning her previous stance of looking ahead. You couldn't quite pin down what it w- Oh! Epiphany! She probably thought you were angry with her spending so much or similar.

"I'm just a little disappointed," Her head snaps around to look at you, "Oh not in you of course Kyouko-chan! It's just..." You paused to consider for a moment exactly what to tell her, finding and arranging the words in your head, "I've never gone out with anyone before."

Perhaps a bit more thought would have helped there. Kyouko-seemed embarrassed and about to no doubt accuse you of having strange proclivities.

"As friends! I meant I've never gone out with a friend before," though you hadn't actually gone out in that fashion either it would be better to clear up the misunderstanding and the technical truth would just make things more complicated, "When I was a kid I couldn't make or keep any because of my family. And when I left them I couldn't do so either because I didn't have the time with work."

Well actually you didn't work long hours, in fact you spent less time working than most of japan's employed. The truth of the matter was that it was just a convenient excuse, You were used to being alone and you didn't really know how exactly to approach and interact with others. You had acquaintances but no real friends before. The loneliness sucked but, again, you were used to such a thing, it was almost comforting in a way.

"I was actually kind of hoping today would turn out like it does in the manga when girls go out," You felt your cheeks redden and you pointed your face skyward to avoid having to look into your new friend's eyes, "You know right? Gossiping, window shopping, trying on clothes and showing off, girlfriend stuff."

You walked again in silence. Though this time it was a bit less awkward, but just a bit. After several minutes though the tension was back. It was still a walk back to your apartment and you'd both run out of conversation material. Small talk didn't seem quit right somehow.

"Oh look a falling star," You'd blurted out, it taking a moment before you'd actually realized what you'd said and what had occurred. Kyouko had looked up too late to see it though, and as you'd only been barely paying attention you didn't actually know if it was true or not. While you were distracted in determining the legitimacy of your memories you walked right into something.

"Oof!" Or rather someone.

The woman, tall and exotic with a deep tan, brushed past you forcefully, with enough strength that you stumbled a bit in an effort to keep from falling. Kyouko caught you from behind and helped steady you, you give an annoyed scowl at the retreating woman. Very rude, but living in the city you were used to much worse when it came to such encounters. At least no one was yelling or extorting money....

Still something about the brief encounter felt off. Like you were forgetting something important, like forgetting the answers to a test you'd crammed for hours before. Perhaps you knew her? You'd likely never get the chance to ask as she seemed to melt into the crowd moments later.

"Oi!" You were surprised to hear Kyouko's exclamation. She tensed, ready to run after the woman, "Where the hell do you think you're going?"

"It's fine Kyouko-chan I'm not hurt," You smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder in an effort to reassure and stop her.

"Wha- I don't care about that!" You felt a curious muscle spasm in your face, centered around your eye, at that declaration, "She just pick pocketed you! Get back here!"

She broke contact and ran off after the woman without a moment's hesitation, shoving her way into the crowd. Less than a second later she's completely out of sight and you are alone.

"..." You stand there for a second confused.

"Wha- Hey! Let go of m-Gah!" The sound of a body hitting the floor reached your ears, "Get off of me you brat! Huh, what are... Kya! Get your hand out of there you pervert!"

[X] You should pull Kyouko off this woman and run before someone calls the cops.
[X] Let's just let Kyouko handle it for now, you can step in if it goes too far.
[X] Whistle nonchalantly and ignore this. No way were you getting involved in this!

[X] Let's just let Kyouko handle it for now, you can step in if it goes too far.

What's the worst-case scenario, anyway?

i-want-you-to-make-a-contract-with-me-poster-44xRS9.jpg

... Uh huh.

[X]Pat yourself Down for your Money.
-[X]Find it Missing.
[X]Go Give the bitch a nice Hard Look to see if you shouldn't kick her on an exposed side.

[X] Haha, joke's on you woman! I'm broke as a joke!

iamnuff said:
... wow.

not what i was expecting.
Yes, Kyouko isn't exactly the most selfless of Puella is she?
Vindictus said:

What's the worst-case scenario, anyway?
She can be a Puella/witch/yokai that will attack Kyouko?

Or perhaps she'll just scream rape and we'll be forced to shell out more money for bond?

[X] Wait and See~

We trust in Kyoko-chan~

Himura said:
Yes, Kyouko isn't exactly the most selfless of Puella is she?She can be a Puella/witch/yokai that will attack Kyouko?

Or perhaps she'll just scream rape and we'll be forced to shell out more money for bond?

[X] Wait and See~

eh, considering Kyoko's apparent age? I don't think screaming rape is going to be taken seriously at all.

doesn't she look, like 12 or something?

[X] Leave it to Kyouko. What's the worst that can happen?

You decided caution was the better part of valor in this scenario, and rather than rush forward you walk towards the disturbance that while out of sight, was still fairly close. You doubted you could contribute anything more than getting in the way, and if things turned south you trusted Kyouko to hold her own. Not that you would hide if something happened, quite the opposite, you just knew where you stood compared to a girl who could create and shoot spears with her mind and fought nightmarish creatures for a living.

"You pick-pocketed my friend!" You heard Kyouko yell out in response. She sounded strained, "You're not going anywhere until I get that wallet back!"

You couldn't (nor could you see a reason to) keep the small smile that graced your lips off your face. Friend. You weren't certain how Kyouko thought of you but you'd hoped it was nice, to have that confirmed eased a burden that you didn't know was there.

You began to make your way to the scene. The crowd had gathered a bit and were reluctant to move to allow you through.

"Now, you see, we've got a problem here," You heard another voice, likely the supposed pick pocket's, much less stressed than Kyouko's, "I was just minding my own business and then some crazy redheaded brat just tackles me from behind and gives me a 'Japanese hello'!"

You heard a meaty smack and a grunt from Kyouko.

"But joking aside you've done fucked with the wrong girl; Wallet, Now. Or I stop playing nice."

You managed to squeeze through the crowd to arrive at the front. Honestly it wasn't quite as climactic a scene as you would have expected. Yes the two were squaring off, glaring each other down from four meters apart in the middle of a crowd with, but it was less a stand off between equals, as one lay on the floor before the other, more like a cat cornering an injured mouse.

Kyouko being the mouse in this situation.

It was the same woman you'd bumped into, no ifs, ands, or buts. The foreigner was massive, standing at least 180 cm tall, utterly dwarfing her opponent, and even under her clothes you could tell she had the body of an athlete. She stood in some sort of abridged martial arts stance, very relaxed to the point that you could almost call it half assed. But you knew it wasn't, the woman had the aura of a predator. Like a Lion.

Height and build aside Kyouko also seemed to be sporting a nasty bruise on her left temple and favoring one leg as she picked herself up. Her eyes still looked defiant, challenging. You, and the woman too you'd bet, knew that even if her opponent was more skilled and physically better she'd still fight, if not to win than just to spite who ever was facing her. Her left hand, arm tucked into her core tightly, held a light brown square piece of leather. Was that? You absently began to reach towards your own back pocket at the sight...

Wait...

"Like hell, just try and take it." Your friend began to prepare herself for the impending scuffle.

"Who's the thief now," The woman didn't look upset with the answer she received, instead a small smirk began to grow on her face as she advanced on Kyouko, "That's my wallet you got there, drop it now and we can just laugh this off as a simple mistake. If not... you'll be kissing my boot."

"Kyouko-chan!" Before the girl could dig herself any deeper you interrupted the trap you knew had been laid before her, "It's fine, please stop this that's-"

"No way, I ain't letting this kogal bitch..."

What ever else she had to say would remain a mystery as any air in her lungs at that moment was quickly expelled courtesy of a tanned fist. There had been no time warn her or talk your friend down, in that half second of lapsed concentration the foreign woman had moved. She'd rocketed herself forward, crossing the remaining 3 meters in a single step, and brushed aside Kyouko's reflexive counter before grabbing her arm and kneeing the girl in the core hard enough to lift her off the ground. The sequence of events so fluid and quick you couldn't even register them until several seconds after the fact, where you had simply stared at her towering over a downed Kyouko who sounded like she was trying expel a lung.

"This is my natural skin color you mouthy brat."

"Kyouko!" Without any of the previous caution you simply ran as fast you could towards the now all too still body on the floor, crashing through anybody who didn't move out of your way fast enough. As you drew within less than a meter you dropped to your knees beside her, ignoring the standing woman in favor of ensuring the girl's health. You never thought you'd been so relieved when you saw the steady rise and fall of her chest.

"You..." You finally turned your attention on the woman responsible for this. Who effortlessly took down a magical girl and could probably rip through you like tissue paper. You tensed ready to offer what little resistance you could give against this Boss-type character if she thought to attack. You were quite surprised to see something you didn't expect in her expression, confusion and surprise, which soon became hidden behind a more neutral if cordial face, "Relax, the girl's fine. Quick too, jumped back at the last second to soften the blow."

Naturally you didn't really take that statement at face value, "Kyouko-chan, are you okay?"

"... I just got sucker-punched in the diaphragm; do I look okay to you?" contrary to her chastisement she seemed to be recovering quickly, trying to pull herself back up, "But yeah, I've had worse."

"That I don't doubt," The woman held out a hand to Kyouko, who did not hesitate in knocking it away before finishing standing with your support, "*sigh*Look, just give me back that wallet."

"Give her the wallet Kyouko-chan," You put in before she could once again refuse. You moved to grab it, "It's-"

"I'm not giving her your wallet!" She pulled back her hand to keep you from taking it, "You might not care but I'm not-"

"It's not my wallet Kyouko-chan."

"let her... Wait, what?" Poor Kyouko, today just kept throwing one twist after another at her.

"She said it's not her wallet, you hard of hearing kid? It's not like I've been telling you the exact same thing right? Oh wait..." You felt that muscle spasm in your eye again at the foreign woman's unwanted input. Please stop 'helping' you're just gonna make things more complicated.

In an effort to both distract from that that woman's taunt and offer proof to keep the peace you reached into your pocket and retrieved it's contents, "This is my wallet," You told her showing her the shoddy thing you jury-rigged out of duct-tape and cardboard that you kept your money in. ...Like hell were you going the shell out 1500¥ just to carry around your own money comfortably!

Kyouko, understandably confused, glanced back and forth between the wallet in yours and her hand.

"What's the matter kid you're friend's just confirming what I already know; What, don't you trust her?" The aggravating woman mocked, "Not that I'd blame you, I mean, she's got the eyes of a girl who'd knife you in the back to save herself."

So very aggravating. The glare Kyouko shot her informed you that she felt the same as you. The younger girl, rather than returning the stolen item instead deigned to open it. Though not to help herself to the money inside, Kyouko merely inspected something within with an intense eye.

"Iimuuru Chaanakuba?" You blinked owlishly at the random bout of gibberish. Where had that come from?

"Ow," You turned back to the woman, to find her wincing, "That was actually painful to listen to. Ugh, you Japanese always mangle my name into something that offends the ears to listen too, I'm actually amazed your people don't bite off your own tongues trying to speak anything but your own dreadful language. Not like the old tongue...

"But yeah, now that you've seen my ID I trust there's no issue with giving back my things?" She reached out to grab the wallet from Kyouko only for the redhead to snatch her hand out of reach, "Oi!"

"One last thing," Kyouko said, "Why'd you touch her?"

"I wasn't looking where I was going," the woman, Chaanakuba supposedly, shrugged and made another lazy attempt at the leather piece.

"That's wasn't what I mean," Chaanakuba(?) frowned as Kyouko once again kept her from her rightful property.

"Ah, that," The woman smiled and leaned in, gesturing for Kyouko to as well, which she did with some hesitance. Chaanakuba(?) gave you a smile before whispering into Kyouko's ear, using her hand to block any stray sound from being over heard. While Chaanakuba(?)'s expression remained smug Kyouko's shifted rapidly over the course of the few second long private discusion. First Anoyance, followed in order by confusion, realization, embarrassment, and finally anger. She threw herself away from the taller woman, face flushed.

"You! You," Whatever she had heard had left the girl much too embarassed or angered to properly form a coherent sentence, instead she settled on a scathing glare and growls to make her displeasure known.

"Now I have a question for you ," She leaned in close, invading her personal space and putting her face level with the younger girl's, "How did you managed to spot me?"

"Wha- No! I didn't, I'm not like that!", That actually managed to douse her temper, leaving behind only the embarrassment, seemingly magnified, she stammered half mumbled denials to something you did not know. You felt distictly as if something important had just transpired before you without your knowledge. Chaanakuba(?) just flashed another grin before snatching the wallet from her unresisting hands.

"Yoink!" The woman walk away from the still embarassed but now much more coherent girl towards you, "Sorry about this miss, just a misunderstanding but now that's cleared up I'll be on my way."

"Er," You felt happier than you'd like to admit that she was leaving now, "It's um, fine Chaanakuba-san."

She winced," Please don't call me that, it's Shanaqba īmuru," At your blank stare of incomprehension of the foreign name she sighed, "Sana, just Sana."

You didn't know why she was introducing herself to someone she'd likely never see again, let alone after what just transpired, but you'd follow formality in this regard, if only to end this sooner, "Yes, Sana-san. Then good day to you."

"And I'll see you around Momo-chan~" Rather than bow with you she stood there waiting for you to finish before simply walking away with that line. As she passed you she blew you a kiss and then quickly disappeared into the crowd. Did... Did she just flirt with you?

[X] Interlude: The Fighter
[X] Interlude: The Ghost
[X] Interlude: The King
[X] Interlude: The Schemer

...based on your reactions i'll assume Sana is from something?

I have absolutely no idea. I was laughing because of Kyoko getting called out on staring at our ass, and us not noticing a random girl groping our ass.

Hmm. Let me see.

... Nope, Shanaqba Imiru gets two results. I don't think it's even a real name.

You walk the streets towards you destination, neither hurried nor slowed.

It is late, the the dead of night, the sun long since passing beyond the horizon and the moon already making it's decent. The light of the planet's largest and oldest satellite casting long and dark shadows, easily hiding from view anything caught within their boundary. You do not worry about what could possibly lurk inside them, the death of your current [AVATAR] is of little consequence. The streets are deserted, only the occasional soul wandering through. Again ignorable, they would witness nothing of your passing as always.

Your destination appeared, an abandoned warehouse. You wondered vaguely what purpose this served, any location from a crowded room to the surface of the moon would have been equally viable, only the energy and time expended in travel being different. The house was not even protected, there was no data altered in the local environment to prevent eaves dropping from the rare entities that could observe you nor was the space within isolated.

Perhaps it was just your compatriot's eccentricities showing through again. With no hesitation you entered the building.

The interior was barren, it's contents all no doubt either retrieved upon it's closing or else stolen by the local vagrants that frequented the area nearby. All that was left was trash, vermin, and the random element left by the humans who had occasionally taken shelter there. The air was stale and held a distinct odor, mixed scents of rotting garbage and excrement both animal and human. None the less you continued to pace towards the center of the building, where upon you sat and waited for the arrival of the one who had invited you.

"Always right on time, eh Kyuuchi~" The speaker could not be seen, the environment echoing the voice so as to obscure even the location from train ears. The tone indicating that you were being mocked with the deviation of your [HANDLE], expected. It was common for The [ABERRATION] to use such methods to attempt to instigate conflict, a game it enjoys playing, going so far as to craft its [AVATAR] specifically to aggravate the humans with which it interacted. Most [MAHOUSHOJOU] and even [INCUBATORS] did not interact with it more than necessary because of it's perceived unprofessional-ism, "Never early; Never late, that's Kyuuchi~"

"It is inefficient to do otherwise," You answer back mentally. Being either would whaste valuable time that could be spent on other things. The only purpose of your walk being that it was the time lost was less valuable than the energy taken to [TRANSITION] to the location immediately. You did not elaborate though, choosing to sit staring ahead in [IDLE ANIMATION].

"You need to stop and smell the roses Kyuuchi," The voice had changed location but the speaker had not made itself visible, "This world has such wonders, it's a shame to simply let it all pass you by. I'd forgive you if you were late and would be so happy if you liked me enough to come early."

"That is irrelevant," If you were capable of such insanity you suspected that you'd be feeling exasperation at this point. As you are a rational being you continue [IDLE ANIMATION], "Please leave your hiding place and explain why you requested a meeting Shiibey or I will leave, it would be inconvenient to continue this meeting if you are being evasive."

"Aw... just kill my fun Kyuu-chan, round it up and in put in a camp why don't you," Incubator Unit 99382-03-04 [HANDLE: SHIIBEY] [THE ABERRATION], exited from behind a large pile of trash 3 meters north of you, "What's a secret meeting without all the ambiance?"

"Efficient, now I would like an explanation for this collusion."

Rather than answering he chose to to walk towards you, an impressive feat given the proportions of his [AVATAR] should have rendered such a motion into a clumsy waddling, you suspect [DATA ALTERATION] may have been involved in its creation. When he reached you, rather than stop he continued until he reached your tails still swaying in the [IDLE ANIMATION] meant to calm [MAHOUSHOJOU] and [CANDIDATES] at which point he reached out and made contact.

NOTIFICATION!
[DIRECT CHANNEL] OPENED to [SHIIBEY]
DATA TRANSFER from [SHIIBEY] to [KYUUBEY]
RECEIVED: SecretFiles_Yo~.rar
ACCEPT: Y/N

That was unexpected. You accepted the data pack, an inspection reveled it to be relatively simple, a text document filled with garbage data. Given the nature of your companion it would not be outside the relm of possiblity that it was simply nothing more than a trick. Nothing more than a packet of useless data. ...Though, while the [SHIIBEY] might have been an [ERROR] you found it unlikely it would go though such efforts for so little results. You store away the data for later investigation.

"Thank you," [SHIIBEY] moved away, breaking the connection the moment the transfer was completed, "Any other Incubator would have deleted the file immediately, possible even [RESETTING]."

"You have nothing to gain from my demise, corruption would have been detected quickly and you would be liquidated regardless of intent or value," you stated the logic leading to your decision, "You may have become an [ERROR] but were you entirely irrational you would have been liquidated by now."

"Aww, I love you too Kyuuchi~"

"Please let go of me."

"Will you say you love me too?"

"No, that would be insanity."

The rest of the night bore nothing more of note. It is several hours later that you emerged from building, having gambled and lost time that could have been better spent. As you make your way back to your current residence you review the data of the last 3.67 hours to perhaps salvage something useful. Were you capable of such insanity you are certain that you'd be feeling "Pissed Off" at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, don't know why that was so hard to get out. Decided to just gut the part I had trouble with. Will get back to the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back