• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A question about how the forum works

Esoterica

Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?
I just joined this forum this afternoon. I'm coming from a community that just closed down upon a friends recommendation. My question is, do you have request threads? How do writers find each other on here?

I just joined this forum this afternoon. I'm coming from a community that just closed down upon a friends recommendation. My question is, do you have request threads? How do writers find each other on here?
While there isn't a request thread, there are threads by writers. Some of whom do take requests, while others do commissions.

Having no idea what you mean by "request thread", I expect you'll also want to know about the various ideas threads. They're loosely sorted by "genre" of writing (quest, fiction, etc) and then by fandom within that. They're generally a good place to look for feedback on your ideas or drafts from others interested in the same topic.

Maybe I need to be more clear about what I mean. I hope I don't sound silly, and I'm not trying to be condescending, but this is a roleplaying site, right? It's not just a place to showcase short stories and to find people to commission to do writing for you?

How do writers connect with one another to rp

Hm. I do fics and occasionally quests, that's not really my bailiwick. It sounds like you probably want to lurk around the play-by-post sections for a bit. On SB, I would be suggesting the RP portions of RP and quests, play-by-post appears to be QQ's equivalent.

You don't sound silly, you're just asking about something outside of my experience.

Thank you for the clarification I have gotten on this matter. For the moment I think I get it. I appreciate the help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back