• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A ripple in the Song

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

An Ai writing experiment set in Westeros soon before Aegon's Conquest. SI with Essence of the Dragonlord.
Chapter 1

theshadow603

Know what you're doing yet?
'Author's' note: I was playing around with Google Gemini, trying to create some kind of narrative or game and this came out. I apologize if this is against the spirit of the forum. I really only claim a loose series of ideas and the basic plan. This is largely unoriginal and at least half generated by AI. Its pretty experimental. Also based partially on Essence of the Dragonlord.

You find yourself standing on a cliff overlooking Dragonstone, the ancestral seat of House Targaryen. The wind whips through your silver-gold hair, and your purple eyes gaze out at the vast expanse of the Narrow Sea. You feel the power of your dragon coursing through your veins, a bond forged in blood and fire.
You have a choice to make. Will you use your immense power to aid Aegon in his conquest, forging a new empire in fire and blood? Or will you oppose him, defending the Seven Kingdoms from the Targaryen invaders? Perhaps you will carve your own path, establishing a new dynasty in a land ripe for conquest.
The choice is yours, Dragonlord. What will you do?

Landing my dragon on the beach of Dragonstone, I wait for my fellow dragonlords, allowing them to recover from their surprise.

With a thunderous roar, your dragon, a magnificent beast of obsidian scales and crimson eyes, descends upon the black sands of Dragonstone. The earth trembles beneath its weight as it folds its wings, steam rising from its nostrils as it surveys the ancient fortress.
Your fellow dragonlords, Aegon, Visenya, and Rhaenys, emerge from the castle, their expressions a mix of shock, awe, and perhaps a hint of fear. You dismount from your dragon, allowing the creature to rest and recuperate from the journey. The wind whips your Targaryen cloak around you as you approach your siblings, a confident smirk playing on your lips.
"Greetings, family," you say, your voice carrying the power of your dragon's roar. "I trust my arrival was...unexpected?"
The silence stretches for a moment before Aegon steps forward, his gaze unwavering. "Indeed," he says, his voice low and measured. "We were not expecting another dragonlord."
"Nor were you expecting me," you reply, your smirk widening. "But here I am. And I have a proposition for you."

"I want to come to an understanding. through my dragonglass candle, I have seen you wish to conquor and rule Westeros. In exchange for allowing me to appoint the lord of the Iron Isles as a vassal under you, I wish for a non agression pact and your acknowlegement of my rights to conquor Essos and the Stepstones. I will assist your conquest and in return i would want help taking Pentos. what say you?"

Aegon's eyebrows raise slightly at your proposal. He glances at Visenya and Rhaenys, a silent conversation passing between them before he turns back to you.
"A bold proposition," he says, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "You speak of a dragon glass candle... and knowledge of our plans. Yet, you offer aid and seek not to oppose us."
He pauses, considering your words. "The Iron Islands... a harsh land, but strategically valuable. And Pentos... a rich prize indeed. Yet, Essos and the Stepstones... vast and turbulent lands. What assurance do we have of your intentions?"
Visenya steps forward, her voice sharp as a Valyrian steel blade. "And what of your claim? By what right do you offer such terms? Are you a Targaryen, lost to the annals of time?"
Rhaenys, ever the diplomat, places a calming hand on Visenya's arm. "Peace, sister. Let us hear what our... kinsman has to say."
The stage is set. Your answer could forge an alliance that reshapes the fate of two continents, or ignite a conflict that consumes them both.

"I am Setion Valtigar and I bring with me many secrets of Valyria. I wish to found a sanctuary of culture and artifice on the Stepstones. My family were primarily lorekeepers and scribes of the old empire. I will lend my dragon and sword to assist you in your ventures if you in turn share copys of your books and perhaps some of the subjects of Dragonstone. I only possess my ship and my family along with our crew. We only recently fled the isle of Tolos as it was erupting in a second small Doom. Tolos was where we first fled to."

A hush falls over the gathering as you reveal your name and lineage. Setion Valtigar, a descendant of Valyrian lorekeepers, carrying the secrets of an empire lost to ash and fire. The weight of your words hangs heavy in the air, as if the echoes of Old Valyria itself resonate within them.
Aegon's eyes gleam with a scholar's curiosity. "Valtigar," he murmurs, tracing the name on his lips. "A house renowned for its knowledge and preservation of Valyrian culture. Your offer intrigues me, Setion Valtigar."
Visenya's suspicion remains, but a flicker of respect enters her gaze. "A sanctuary of culture and artifice on the Stepstones," she repeats, her voice thoughtful. "A bold ambition. But can a Valtigar truly wield a sword as well as a quill?"
Rhaenys, ever the pragmatist, sees the potential in your offer. "A dragon and a sword to aid our conquest," she muses. "And in return, you ask only for knowledge and resources. It seems a fair exchange."
Aegon nods in agreement. "Your proposal has merit, Setion Valtigar. The Stepstones are a treacherous realm, but with your dragon and our support, a Valyrian sanctuary could indeed rise from the ashes of the past. As for your request for knowledge and resources, we are amenable to sharing our books and offering you a selection of Dragonstone's skilled artisans and crafters."
He pauses, a calculating glint in his eyes. "However, we would require your oath of fealty to House Targaryen. You would rule the Stepstones as a vassal of the Iron Throne, pledging your allegiance to our cause."
The terms are laid bare. Your decision will determine the course of your destiny and the fate of your Valyrian legacy.

"I would swear fealty for ten years, untill you help me take Pentos in turn and then we would jointly hold jusristiction over a Valyrian colony of the Stepstones. You would rule over Westeros and I would persue an empire in Essos. I will agree to this."

A sense of anticipation fills the air as you voice your counter-proposal. The Targaryens exchange glances, their expressions a mix of surprise and intrigue. Your willingness to swear fealty, albeit with conditions, demonstrates a shrewd understanding of power dynamics and a keen ambition for your own legacy.
Aegon leans forward, a glint of admiration in his eyes. "Ten years," he repeats, considering your words. "A finite term, yet within that time, much can be achieved. And a joint jurisdiction over a Valyrian colony on the Stepstones... a fascinating concept."
He turns to his sisters, seeking their counsel. Visenya remains cautious, but a hint of fascination flickers in her gaze. Rhaenys, ever the peacemaker, sees the potential for a mutually beneficial alliance.
After a moment of silent deliberation, Aegon nods decisively. "We accept your terms, Setion Valtigar. You will swear fealty to House Targaryen for ten years, during which time you will lend your dragon and sword to our cause. In return, we will aid you in taking Pentos and establishing a joint Valyrian colony on the Stepstones."
He extends his hand, a gesture of both welcome and challenge. "Together, we shall forge a new era. An era of dragons, conquest, and the resurgence of Valyrian glory."
The pact is sealed. Your destiny is intertwined with that of House Targaryen, and the future of two continents hangs in the balance. A new chapter in the history of Westeros and Essos is about to begin, and you, Setion Valtigar, will play a pivotal role in its unfolding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back