• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Sphinx's Flights of Fancy (snippet thread)

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

This is where I'll be shoving any snippets that aren't ready to become full stories.

BastOfTheXV

Ave Imperator! Remember Prospero!
This is where I'll be shoving any snippets that aren't ready to become full stories.

Red Like Roses I
I'll be working on this one once I've gotten a bit further with On Shining WIngs.

"So you have come to listen to an old queen ramble hatchling?" I ask, turning my head to look at the amber-scaled dragonet before me.

"Yes elder." He says gazing up at me without a trace of fear.

I dip my head and nudge the youngster close, and he settles between my forelegs and against my chest.

"Then let me tell you of my youth, in an age when we were being pushed to the brink by humanity taking our lands and dragon battled dragon for the scraps they left." I resettle myself into a more comfortable position, dulled scarlet wings unfurling to absorb every bit of the warmth of the fire my youngest daughter lit for me. My own fire has dwindled, and I now struggle to produce more than a single short burst too cool to start a hearth fire. The dragonet nestles closer to my my breast, an action that in my day would have been unthinkable. No queen of my generation would have tolerated another's young in her den, and yet here I am watching over my daughter's offspring.

My earliest memory starts with warmth and quiet. I drowse, unaware of the passing of time, until for the first time I feel hunger. I try to shift position as I had done before, but cannot move. My hind paws brush something hard and I kick out. Something gives, and I kick again. There is a crack, more heard than felt, and my hind paws break through. I ram my head against the hardness repeatedly until it too breaks, and squirm until it shatters completely. I tumble out and immediately shiver as the chill hits me. Something touches my belly, and I blink open my eyes for the first time. It is bright, almost painfully so and I shut my eyes against it. When I open them again there is a large shape looming over me, and it drops something with a quiet splat. It smells wonderful, and I stagger over to it on unsteady paws. I try to lower my head slightly, and instead whimper as my head slams into something hard inside it. I lift my head slightly and shake it before trying again. This time I succeed and the instant I open my mouth instinct takes over and I take a massive bite, barely chewing in my desperation to fill my belly. Behind me I can hear cracking sounds and soon I can feel other bodies against mine, pushing and shoving to get their share. Far too soon it's all gone, and nothing but the hard stuff in the middle is left. The large shape comes back and starts licking us, cleaning the remnants of our first meal off our scales. Exhausted, we flop into a heap of bodies and fall asleep.

Oh shit. I just realized I accidentally posted this thread in the wrong forum. I meant to stick this is NSFW Creative Writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back