• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Absolute Hero Quest

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

This world needs a Hero.

An invincible, Absolute hero. One who can find the path to Victory in...

shaderic

An ordinary cat?
This world needs a Hero.

An invincible, Absolute hero. One who can find the path to Victory in any situation. One who can inspire hope and faith in justice, that can make people believe, even just a little, that maybe the world isn't all bad.

A great hero that can lead the world to a golden age.

I am not that kind of guy.

I'm weak, kind of cowardly, and terrified of lobsters. At best, I'm just sort of average in most categories. But even though I'm not really what you'd call a winner, you'd be almost dead wrong to call me a loser. In fact, if there's one thing you can say I'm good at, it's Not Losing. Which is quite different from what most people would consider winning, and isn't really losing either.

I know, it sounds confusing and the sort of thing you hear from a stereotypical Rival, but for me? It's what works.

I get myself beat up, knocked down, my bones broken, blood drained, my entire body poisoned, and all sort of other stuff.

But none of that matters.

Not the bruises, not the pain, not the ridiculous methods I have to use in order to recover.

What matters, is that I get to the end. That when I'm on the ground, I stand back up. That when the other guy's punching me, he's not hitting someone else. That the world continues to spin freely into the future, no matter what anyone with a doomsday machine, giant robot, or a massive alien army thinks.

What're my blood and bones worth, compared to the world and it's smiles anyway, right?

Anyway, where was I?

Oh, right.

The world needs a Hero.

I'm not that kind of guy.

But, sometimes you just have to make do with the cards you're given.

Which, in this case, is a dork somewhat lacking in common sense and a magical belt buckle.

Ah, well. What sort of world is this anyway?

[ ] My World. Good old Earth. A plain and ordinary planet. Kind of. Well, it's where I was born, so that's where my sense of normal comes from anyway. Zettai Hero Project

[ ] A World of Monsters. Alternatively, high school. Honestly, there's not much difference. Rosario To Vampire

[ ] A World of Marbles. Or is that Marble Worlds? Honestly, it's kind of confusing. Nasuverse

[ ] A World of Secrets. Mystery Box Option~

[ ] Another World. Well, I don't know all of them anyway. (Write in)

zhphr.png

[X] Another World. Well, I don't know all of them anyway.
-[X] A world in desperate need of a savior to pull them away from certain doom: Dark Souls.

Hard Mode is go!

[X] A World of Secrets. Mystery Box Option~

[X] A World of Marbles. Or is that Marble Worlds? Honestly, it's kind of confusing. Nasuverse

[X] A World of Monsters. Alternatively, high school. Honestly, there's not much difference.

A Zettai Hero Project quest.
Wow.
Not what I was expecting to see here.

[X] A World of Monsters. Alternatively, high school. Honestly, there's not much difference.

It's been a while since I've seen a Rosario Quest.

[X] A World of Marbles. Or is that Marble Worlds? Honestly, it's kind of confusing.

[X] A World of Secrets. Mystery Box Option~

[X] Another World. Well, I don't know all of them anyway.
-->[X] Hellsing

Changed Vote .

[X] A World of Marbles. Or is that Marble Worlds? Honestly, it's kind of confusing.

By the way, is this separate from the spacebattles version of this quest?

[X] A world of color-coded schoolgirl superheroes. (Sailor Moon)

[ ] My World. Good old Earth. A plain and ordinary planet. Kind of. Well, it's where I was born, so that's where my sense of normal comes from anyway. Zettai Hero Project
[ ] A World of Monsters. Alternatively, high school. Honestly, there's not much difference. Rosario To Vampire
[ ] A World of Marbles. Or is that Marble Worlds? Honestly, it's kind of confusing. Nasuverse

darklord said:
[ ] A World of Secrets. Mystery Box Option~

Shirou WISHES he was the Unlosing Ranger.
Well, endgame Unlosing Ranger anyways.

Emral282 said:
Shirou WISHES he was the Unlosing Ranger.
Well, endgame Unlosing Ranger anyways.
Considering how little real world time went by, there isn't much difference between start and finish Ranger in terms of time.
Time to punch out Type-mercury.

You know...that's hilarious isn't it?

He can nosell any attack which is an auto-lose. Can it it injure him? Sure. Break bones. No problem. Amputation? Ehhh he'd pass out right? No Sold.

Stabbing him through the heart? No Sold.

I want to put this guy through the nasuverse just so every over the top Servant attack fails to hurt him.

[X] My World. Good old Earth. A plain and ordinary planet. Kind of. Well, it's where I was born, so that's where my sense of normal comes from anyway.

Like A Shooting Star,
The Hero Arrives!

Space.

It's quiet, cold, and empty.

And for all that, it's surprisingly serene. It's just me, whatever systems keeping me alive, and the stars drifting by my boots. The only sound I hear is my own breathing. Looking up, I see the beautiful blue pearl that is mother earth.

There's this great sense of scale.

Looking up at the planet like this, I can only just barely make out the signs of civilization. Cities are more tiny discolored dots than anything else. It really hits home that for all of humanities achievements, we're still less than a speck on a speck on the stage of the universe.

My musings are interrupted fairly shortly by the realization that, while it is indeed cool to be in space again, I'm also starting to plummet headfirst toward the planet.

Again.

You'd think after doing something like this a few times, I'd have gotten used to it by now. Maybe you'd also think that fighting a giant death robot on foot would have made dissociated from the risk of death.

Speaking from experience, death hurts like a son a of a bitch, and nothing really makes it stop hurting, no matter how many times you do it.

So, it is with my usual silent screaming that I begin to careen out of control on a collision course with planet earth.

Speaking from experience, it looks like I'm going to land in...

[ ] England?
[ ] Japan?

10451_earth.jpg

[X] Plan Bii
[X] Japan
- - [X] Land of the Magic Girls and Shiny Tech Toys amidst traditional farmlands outside the cities!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back