• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Ascent of a Lunar Maelstrom [Naruto/Exalted]

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

"Who am I? I am the Lunar Exalt and Jinchūriki Shinobi of Konohagakure no Sato. My name is...

MerelysSoul

Warning: Tends to irreverent in most situations.
"Who am I? I am the Lunar Exalt and Jinchūriki Shinobi of Konohagakure no Sato. My name is Uzumaki Naruto and this is how it all began…"

-
(Naruto POV)

It was raining, I could feel it even if my body was numb. Was this how it ends, in failure? Not being able to stopped that black haired bastard Sasuke from going to that monster Orochimaru. Not being able to keep my promise to Sakura-chan, that I would bring back him. Sounds about right, after all, our former teammate just proved that he was superior. Even with the power I have, he still won.

"I'll handle him. This guy is mine. Get going! Hurry!" Chōji...

"Now get going. I will be right behind you." Neji...

"Kiba! Akamaru!"

"Now Naruto!" Shikamaru ...

"Well what are you waiting for. Go! The thumbs-up, Naruto, Remember. You gave it to Sakura. You made her a promise. Do not worry, I can finish this one. I promise." Lee...

Were their sacrifices all for nothing? All because of my own failure? After everything, I am still the Dead Last of this generation. The Loser who failed the Genin Exams three times because he couldn't do a simple Bushin. Only able to become a shinobi after being tricked by a traitor and learning about my burden.

"Naruto... only you... My only wish... Please... bring Sasuke back!"

"I will bring Sasuke back for sure. This is a promise of a lifetime!"

Sakura-chan, I am sorry, I couldn't keep my promise to you. You truly care for Sasuke, more then you will ever care for me. To be honest, if it would truly make you happy then I will step aside for you to be with him. Even if I don't think the bastard deserves you especially after this, after hurting you. Guess I will never become more than a friend and a teammate.

"There's no question that you were special... Unfortunately, you're not quite as special as I am."

"So you're special, huh?, you won't be so special when I'm through with you!"

Sasuke, guess you were right about you being more special. After all, you are an Uchiha, one of the founding clans. Blessed with those damned red eyes, the Sharingan. Having the love of the village and everyone's attention, including Sakura-chan's. Even our Sensei liked you the most, giving you special treatment.

"My name is Uchiha Sasuke. There are plenty of things I dislike, considering there is almost nothing I do like. It is pointless to talk about "dreams"...That's just a word...But one thing I have is determination. I am going to restore my clan and there is a certain someone who I have sworn...to kill."

"My only goal in life... is revenge."

Is revenge truly the only thing important to you? Your brother's death the only thing that you desire? Don't our team and everyone in Konoha mean something to you? Doesn't Sakura-chan's love mean something?

"Just shut up for once! What the hell do you know about it?! It's not like you ever had a family in the first place! You were on your own right from the beginning, what makes you think you know anything about it?! Huh?! I'm suffering now because I had those ties, how on earth could you possibly understand, what it feels like to lose all that!"

Yeah, I am an orphan with no name. My parents are either dead or have abandoned me because of what I hold. Jiji would always diverted the question when I brought it up so I guess it is the latter. Nor would anyone try to adopt me. After all, who would want the Kyūbi host for a child after what it has done to the village. Parents would take their kids away whenever I tried to play with them and the adults would avoid me like a plague. Sometimes, I pretend to be the secret love child of my favorite person, the Yondaime Hokage, to make the pain go away.

The rain keeps falling as I couldn't move my body, I was in too much pain and completely exhausted. Why? Why couldn't I finally defeat the bastard? Even with the power of the mighty Kyūbi, he still defeated me. Am I just that weak? Was this Fate truly showing me that I am nothing, not to Sasuke and others? If so then I guess it is time to finally give up-

"NO!"

A part of me couldn't accept that. Refused to accept that. This smallest of sparks was still alive, burning even in such a pitiful state. As if to defy everything that Fate threw at it.

"I will become Hokage!"

That was my dream, wasn't it. A dream born out of desperation to be noticed, to recognized as Naruto not the Kyūbi. They won't let me in the end become Hokage because of my burden, won't let a demon take the hat. Even if I could, how can I if I couldn't save Sasuke from himself. No, it is only a dream, one that would never become real.

"I'm not gonna run away and I never go back on my word, that is my nindō! My ninja way!"

The spark was starting to grow. Never giving up and keeping my promises, that was my path. No, it still is. I won't just lay here and let myself die. If I was going to die then it was going to be standing up. Slowly, the spark started to become a flame.

"I am going to bring back Sasuke!"

Trying to move my hands, I could only do slight movements. Yes, I am going to keep my promise or die trying. Even if it is mostly likely going to be the latter. Anything else would make everything so far truly worthless. The sacrifice of my friends made for him to get here meaningless, every single one of them. If the Shinigami itself wants my soul then I won't give it without a fight.

"I am Uzumaki Naruto! Just who the hell do you think I am?"

My strength was returning as I was forcing myself to move. Even it means taping more from my tenant, I would succeed with his promise. I will protect those I consider precious and become Hokage. Nothing was going to stop that, not as long as I continued to live.

Suddenly I felt a great surge coursing through my body. It was if I was being reborn anew. Every muscle in my body was rejuvenated and my chakra was completely restored. In my mind, I saw a vision of the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

Her hair was silvery-white, like the moon itself, and was long enough to reach her hips. Those silvery eyes seemed to pierce into my soul. Pale skin that truly held no flaws covered by a black dress with white spots, like the night sky. The look she gave me stunned me, it was the loving look that I saw mothers give to their children.

Uzumaki Naruto, you have stubbornly struggled your way throughout your entire life to prove your own existence.

Even now, your determination and resolve still shines against despair and sorrow that threatens to devour you whole.

She sounded like mother softly and kindly talking to their children. A motherly goddess that he wanted his own to be.

You have become one of the Exalted Hosts. A Hero granted great power to change everything to fulfill your dreams and desires.

Not just any Exalted but one of my own. For you are now a Lunar Exalt, Chosen of the I, Luna, Goddess of the Moon.

The now-stated Moon Goddess reached down and touched my forehead as I felt a symbol burn in my skin. It was a Crescent Moon made from a silver-like substance.

Be known that you are of the Changing Moon Caste also known as the Children of the Shifting Moon. Become the Silver Mirror, forever in a state of constant flux.

Go Forth, my Protean Champion. Show them the majesty and the fury of the moon, and of your own existence. Never falter and surrender, my son.

That last word hit me hard as tears began to fall. Before I could speak, a flash of light appeared and everything when white.

-
(Sasuke POV)

Damn that blond former teammate of mine and his annoying nature. He just had to stick his nose into this. Doesn't he understand? As long as Itachi lives, I will never find peace. Especially when he threatens every attempt I make. That is why I must do this and walk into the darkness.

"You are weak. Why are you so weak? Because you lack … hatred."

Itachi, you were right. I lacked the hatred needed to defeat and end you. But now, I will attain that hate and finally avenge the clan. Even if it means selling my soul to someone like Orochimaru, retribution will be mine.

"Did you know... This place is called "The Valley of the End." It's the perfect stage. Right... Naruto?"

"I only share one bond - that of hate with my brother. Naruto... Come! Let me break those bonds!"

Yes, in order to attain the level of hatred I need. I must break the bonds that I share with others, those bonds would only get in the way. After I finished you off, I will return to the village and reforge those bonds. But as long as you still live, I must not get attached for you will target those important to me. Simply to hurt me more.

"I have woken up...don't you see..? That guy who dreamed of a happy future full of peace and friendship... he was the one who was asleep. That's why I left the village, that's why I've gone in search of power..it's not the future I've dream of anymore...only the past.. that's where my dream lies."

'You know what they say, don't you Naruto...When two Shinobi are powerful enough...They read each other's thoughts, simply through an exchange of fists. Without ever uttering a single word...Get it. You've always been naïve...Naruto. Tell me...Do you know my thoughts? Can you tell what's on my mind?!"

Naruto, you have always been alone, since the beginning. In a way that has made you stronger then most. You struggled and grasped your way through life, without the help of the village. Without a family to guide and protect you, you forged ahead with stubborn abandon. For a simple purpose of being noticed, to be seen. I wonder sometimes about the kind of family you have, who could have given birth to someone like you. Whoever they are or were, they weren't ordinary people.

"I will acknowledge that you are strong. Because.. You are someone who knows the same pain of loneliness that I do. And.. That pain makes a person stronger."

"Naruto, you are one of the people I want to fight the most."

It because you were strong that I wanted to test myself against you. Despite being the dead last of the academy, you started to grow faster than anyone. Somehow, you tapped into some hidden potential that allowed you to come so far. Was it finally the strain of solitude or perhaps was it the bonds you made? Like now, the bond we shared, the one that drove you here to this place in order to stop me.

"Naruto... Just what exactly are you?!"

Even now, I can't seem to make the final blow. Why? Is it that our bond was still there after all that I did to break it? Even now, you seem to be the most annoying person I ever met. Almost like a little brother… that one word brother. Could it be that we have become like that? Funny, compared to my real one, you are somewhat better. Not that I would ever tell you that but I have a feeling I don't need to.

"I never want to see another important person die in front of me again."

Looking back down at you, I could see the slightest movements you were making. Stubborn to the end, right Naruto? Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Your resolve and determination is far greater than most will ever realize. More movements, as if you were trying to force yourself to get up despite your current condition.

-
(Regular POV)

Sasuke jumped away when he felt the change. "What…"

In front of him was none other than the blond, his eyes shining stronger than they ever were before. Around the tattered remains of his black and orange tracksuit was a silver aura. His forehead was a Crescent Moon made from silver. "I am Uzumaki Naruto and I am the Changing Moon. Hope you are ready, Teme. Cause here is round two."

The Uchiha took time to recover as he took a pill to restore his body and chakra. "Fine by me. It seems like I need to beat you down again."

[] Attack.
-[] Stunt? (Write in)

Character Sheet (WIP)

naruto_uzumaki__kid____render___6_by_obedragon-d5t5u29.png
[/url]
Name: Uzumaki Naruto
Exalted Name:
Exaltation Type: Lunar
Caste: Changing moon
Totem: Fox
Tell: Fox Whiskers
Motivation: To become the Greatest of Hokage
Battle Theme:
Virtue Flaw: Curse of the Crocodile Mother
Anima Banner: http://www.iwallscreen.com/stock/white-nine-tailed-fox.jpg
Anima Power:
A changing moon can spend 10 motes to craft an illusion that appears of any one person they know. The Trick last for a scene, and comes complete with voice and smells. The imagery is accompanied by the by the perception of trustworthiness, lending bonus dice equal to the character's permanent Essence to any social action that such an aura assists. If the Lunar's anima banner activates at any level, however, its light pierces the illusion, and his tattoos may become visible. This dispels the illusion, but bathes the Changing Moon in an array of ever-shifting shadow and sliver light that makes him difficult to see clearly. Add the Lunar's Essence to the difficulty of any effort to discern his identity by sight, assuming that the investigator did not see him before the activation of anima banner.
Once the Lunar expends 11 or more of Peripheral Essence, this anima activates automatically without cost. Since the Changing Moon's anima is active at this point, the anima effect automatically results in shifting light and shadow.

Attributes:
Physical - Secondary
Strength:00
*Dexterity: 0000
*Stamina: 00000

Social - Primary
*Charisma: 0000
*Manipulation: 00
*Appearance: 000

Mental - Tertiary
Perception:000
Intelligence:00
Wits: 0000

Abilities-
Archery:
Martial Arts:00
Melee:00
Thrown:
War:
Integrity: 00
Performance:
Presence:00
Resistance: 00
*Survival: 000
Craft:
Investigation:
Lore:
Medicine:
Occult: 0
Athletics:000
Awareness:00
Dodge:00
Larceny:00
*Stealth:000
Bureaucracy:
Linguistics:
Ride:
Sail:
Socialize:

Specialties:
Melee (Knifes):00
Integrity (Future Hokage): 00
Presence (Broken People): 000
Occult (Ninjutsu): 0

Merits/Flaws:

Advantages:
Backgrounds

Virtues:
Compassion:3
Conviction:2
Temperance:1
Valor:5

Virtue Flaw:Curse of the Crocodile Mother
The character is overwhelmed by the realization that there are those who will want to hurt the ones she cares for. She will defend her wards vigorously, even laying her own life on the line. The Crocodile Mother will do everything in her power to stop anyone or anything that actively tries to harm those in her care. Those who move too close to her wards or who otherwise act threateningly or disagreeable will be warned to cease their behavior, lest she will attack them outright to nullify the perceived threat.

Partial Control: While the character will still try to stop disagreeable or threatening behavior, she will not initiate physical violence to do so. If her wards are physically attacked or otherwise obviously threatened, she will protect them, but she will not lay down her life for them.
Limit Points: [] [] [] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Intimacies:

Essence:000
Personal: 17/17
Peripheral: 46/46
Committed (Personal): 0
Committed (Peripheral): 0
Committed (Total): 0

Willpower:7/7

Soak:
Bashing: 5
Lethal: 2
Aggravated:

Health:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ] [ ]
-2 [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
Incapacitated [ ]
Dying [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Combat:
Join Battle: 6
Dodge DV: 5

Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy 7, Damage 2B, Parry DV 4, Rate 3. Tags: N
Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy 6, Damage 5B, Parry DV 2, Rate 2. Tags: N
Clinch:Speed 6, Accuracy 6, Damage 2B, Parry DV 3, Rate 1. Tags:N, C, P
Knife: Speed 5, Accuracy 7, Damage 4L, Parry DV 3, Rate 3. Tags: T

Join Debate:6
Dodge MDV: 7
Parry MDV: 3

Knacks:

Charms:

Jutsu:
Kage Bushin no Jutsu "Shadow Clone Technique"
Tajū Kage Bunshin no Jutsu "Multiple Shadow Clone Technique"
Rasengan "Swirling Sphere Technique"
Henge no Jutsu "Transformation"
Oiroke no Jutsu "Sexy Technique"
Kawarimi no Jutsu "Body Replacement Technique"
Kuchiyose no Jutsu "Summoning Technique"

Weapons:
Kunai (Knife)
Melee
Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage +2L, Defense +0, Rate 3, Tags:
Thrown
Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage +2L, Range 15, Rate 3, Tags: T

Unarmed
Clinch
Speed 6, Accuracy +0, Damage +0B, Defense +0, Rate 1, Tags: C,N,P
Kick
Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage +2B, Defense -2, Rate 2, Tags: N
Punch
Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage +0B, Defense +2, Rate 3, Tags: N

Armour:

Experience:
Current: 2 xp
Total acquired: 30xp

Last edited:
Re: Ascent of a Lunar Maelstrom [Naruto/Exalted/Toaru]

Other Information

okay, chaning moon caste. someone explain this for me so i know how to handle the stunt.

http://tentacledvitriol.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/exalted-lunars-changing-moon-caste/

Here is some information for you to help. Kinda going to be working on the CS and all that.

What Charms/Knacks do we have? I suppose our Animal Totem is a Fox?

It should be a frog.

Alexander said:
What Charms/Knacks do we have? I suppose our Animal Totem is a Fox?

Still working that out, technically Naruto is a new born and doesn't exactly have any charms.

Larekko12 said:
It should be a frog.

Kurama overwrites the totem. Thus it is a fox (more like a nine-tailed one).

MerelysSoul said:
Still working that out, technically Naruto is a new born and doesn't exactly have any charms.
I believe every new Exalt received some free Charms at Exaltation, based on their strongest talents. For Naruto one it's obviously Stamina. We can also try going into Warform.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander said:
I believe every new Exalt received some free Charms at Exaltation, based on their strongest talents. For Naruto one it's obviously Stamina. We can also try going into Warform.

Well that and Charisma. True, they do.

I do have a question. Can I borrow your CS lay out?

indeed. Charms are instinctual and exalts get the baseworks of them based off their skill sets. Stamina Wits or Dex or Str is what Naruto is likely to have. And which ever excellency boost pulling one overs someone.

More is Exaltation killed consumed Kurama and turned him into xp.

And for Fighting. Deceptive clone spam. Hit every direction with a frontal charge sneak some clone under ground herd sasuke some where initiate under ground clinch Drop a rasengan.

MerelysSoul said:
Well that and Charisma. True, they do.

I do have a question. Can I borrow your CS lay out?
Sure, go on.

Alexander said:

Thanks.

Larekko12 said:
indeed. Charms are instinctual and exalts get the baseworks of them based off their skill sets. Stamina Wits or Dex or Str is what Naruto is likely to have. And which ever excellency boost pulling one overs someone.

More is Exaltation killed consumed Kurama and turned him into xp.

And for Fighting. Deceptive clone spam. Hit every direction with a frontal charge sneak some clone under ground herd sasuke some where initiate under ground clinch Drop a rasengan.

No Kurama is still around.

If Naruto was Ninja Jesus with his charisma before... jeez once this is over he is going to make people drool.

Ok, Got the CS a good bit done. IF there is something I missed or did wrong don't be shy and call me out on it. I won't hold it against you (much).

Lunars get 8 Charms or Knacks (at least 4 caste/favored Attributes and 1 knack) so lets have fun with that.

Que? That's a bit lopsided. And Naruto's not that hot nor that physically weak, dumb, dull, or inable to game at this point in canon.

His' skill set is also a bit hollowed out. He did leave the academy and work with kakashi. He can throw shit. Larceny would be like the Ninja skill and the pranking skill.

Did you build this purely of rules for starting character limits?

Larekko12 said:
Que? That's a bit lopsided. And Naruto's not that hot nor that physically weak, dumb, dull, or inable to game at this point in canon.

His' skill set is also a bit hollowed out. He did leave the academy and work with kakashi. He can throw shit. Larceny would be like the Ninja skill and the pranking skill.

Did you build this purely of rules for starting character limits?

You mean, did I use the bonus points. No, not yet. Would like to get the basics out of the way first before modifying. And I thought I did add Larceny... only one point. Still working on it.

No I mean did you fully consider the adjustment from Naruto already being supernaturally trained and having worked in his own adventure and developed as well as his fairly massive initial power.

Here's my take on the stats. Naruto should have xp from his adventures and training as a heroic mortal, and character creatuion rules only are to make typical exalts they don't actually represent the mechanics of the exaltation.

Here are how I would change the stats to better represent Naruto
Physical: Strength and dexterity are fine but Naruto is a clear Stamina 5.
Social:The updated version of this is good.
Mental:I would reccomend moving one of those intelligence dots to wits. Naruto is dumb but has really good instincts

Abilities
Thrown: Naruto should have a dot in this.
Integrity: Naruto is way to stubborn and insistent on his dreams to not have dots in integrity maybe two dots in this and a two dot specialty in (Future Hokage!!!)
Presence: Naruto is a bit weird with this one in that he really sucks at conventional social skills but is really good at connecting with broken people which is what speicalties are for he should have a 3 dot specialty in (Damaged Individuals).
Performance: Why does he have any dots in this? He has no experience putting on shows of speeches.
Lore/Occult: Naruto should probably have dots in one of these representing ninjutsu. I would thing modeling jutsu as combat speed socery is a good idea.
Socialize: He should have no dots in this. Naruto is a social pariah and has no experience manipulating public opinion or controlling rumors which is what socialize is.

cyberswordsmen said:
Here's my take on the stats. Naruto should have xp from his adventures and training as a heroic mortal, and character creatuion rules only are to make typical exalts they don't actually represent the mechanics of the exaltation.

Here are how I would change the stats to better represent Naruto
Physical: Strength and dexterity are fine but Naruto is a clear Stamina 5.
Social:The updated version of this is good.
Mental:I would reccomend moving one of those intelligence dots to wits. Naruto is dumb but has really good instincts

Abilities
Thrown: Naruto should have a dot in this.
Integrity: Naruto is way to stubborn and insistent on his dreams to not have dots in integrity maybe two dots in this and a two dot specialty in (Future Hokage!!!)
Presence: Naruto is a bit weird with this one in that he really sucks at conventional social skills but is really good at connecting with broken people which is what specialties are for he should have a 3 dot specialty in (Damaged Individuals).
Performance: Why does he have any dots in this? He has no experience putting on shows of speeches.
Lore/Occult: Naruto should probably have dots in one of these representing ninjutsu. I would thing modeling jutsu as combat speed socery is a good idea.
Socialize: He should have no dots in this. Naruto is a social pariah and has no experience manipulating public opinion or controlling rumors which is what socialize is.

Thanks. I am kinda learning as I go about the system. Honestly I thought Socialize was talking to people. Ok, time to calculated XP from his previous quests.

Should I include the three movies or no. Well the first one at least.

You should, it expands the universe pretty well and opens more chances of interaction.

Crow said:
You should, it expands the universe pretty well and opens more chances of interaction.

Yeah. Going from what I can figure out, Points wise.

Canon Arcs- 25
With Movie 1 - 30
With Movie 1 and the filler arc Land of Tea - 35

I think I should go with Canon Arcs with Movie.

-21 xp to boost stamina.

Naruto is not retarded. He's Ignorant. Which is represented by fucked Lore occult Score. One dot int is retarded.

The brat is able to come up with fucking insane ideas and moves on the fly and implement them. So yeah I agree, he's ignorant not retarded.

Larekko12 said:
Naruto is not retarded. He's Ignorant. Which is represented by fucked Lore occult Score. One dot int is retarded.

Going by official Stats. Int is 1.5 by the end of Part one. Part two is int 3.

So yeah, I could round up and add point in Int. Only cost -4 xp. Still learning here so i ask that you point them out (even if it is crudely)

Introspective Tinkerer said:
The brat is able to come up with fucking insane ideas and moves on the fly and implement them. So yeah I agree, he's ignorant not retarded.

Which is why he has a high Wit score.

The general idea for deciding what social ability you should use follow the following rules.

Presence: This consists of personalized and one on one interactions. If the communication goes both ways and people are being addressed individually you should use presence. Naruto is good at this. He is unpopular on the large scale but if he gets a specific person to talk to him he wins them over. Think of it as being the martial arts, melee, or archery of social skills.

Performance: This one is for communication that goes one way only. You are giving a speech, performing a play, playing music, singing or anything else that consists of one way communication to a large group. Think of this being the skill for AoE social skills.

Socialize: This one is more formal and intellectual. It involves the understanding and manipulation of social groups and motivations. You are using socialize when you start or oppose a rumor, you are using socialize when you try to discern someone true motives. You are using socialize when you try to change the views or beliefs of an organization or society. Think of it as the War of social combat. Naruto tanks at this. He is easily manipulated and never got to interact with people in normal situations to learn how to navigate complex social politics.

When a politician runs for office they campaign using a mix of performance for speeches and events and socialize to manipulate public opinion and perception in their favor. Naruto's tendency towards rudeness and lack of respect for authority suggests he lacks any dots in socialize (if he had them he would both know how to fake it and understand the benefit for doing so)and he never gets an audience for performance.

For apearance here is how it scales out to the different number of dots.
1: Ugly
2: Nothing special
3: The cutest girl in your class, or workplace.
4: Above average supermodel.
5: Helen of Troy

Naruto is never really commented on to be particularly attractive so I would imagine he is at most a three and more likely a two. Sasuke would a a three.

The general rule with stats they are good at something it is 3, anything above that requires it to be a notable character trait, although since we are judging by the standards of ninja here we might want to add a dot to that to account for them having high standards.

Charisma is more about being honest and forthright, while manipulation is more about presenting yourself as what you feel they will respond well do. Naruto is very good at charisma.

cyberswordsmen said:
The general idea for deciding what social ability you should use follow the following rules.

Presence: This consists of personalized and one on one interactions. If the communication goes both ways and people are being addressed individually you should use presence. Naruto is good at this. He is unpopular on the large scale but if he gets a specific person to talk to him he wins them over. Think of it as being the martial arts, melee, or archery of social skills.

Performance: This one is for communication that goes one way only. You are giving a speech, performing a play, playing music, singing or anything else that consists of one way communication to a large group. Think of this being the skill for AoE social skills.

Socialize: This one is more formal and intellectual. It involves the understanding and manipulation of social groups and motivations. You are using socialize when you start or oppose a rumor, you are using socialize when you try to discern someone true motives. You are using socialize when you try to change the views or beliefs of an organization or society. Think of it as the War of social combat. Naruto tanks at this. He is easily manipulated and never got to interact with people in normal situations to learn how to navigate complex social politics.

When a politician runs for office they campaign using a mix of performance for speeches and events and socialize to manipulate public opinion and perception in their favor. Naruto's tendency towards rudeness and lack of respect for authority suggests he lacks any dots in socialize (if he had them he would both know how to fake it and understand the benefit for doing so)and he never gets an audience for performance.

For apearance here is how it scales out to the different number of dots.
1: Ugly
2: Nothing special
3: The cutest girl in your class, or workplace.
4: Above average supermodel.
5: Helen of Troy

Naruto is never really commented on to be particularly attractive so I would imagine he is at most a three and more likely a two. Sasuke would a a three.

The general rule with stats they are good at something it is 3, anything above that requires it to be a notable character trait, although since we are judging by the standards of ninja here we might want to add a dot to that to account for them having high standards.

Charisma is more about being honest and forthright, while manipulation is more about presenting yourself as what you feel they will respond well do. Naruto is very good at charisma.

Yeah figured a good bit of that out. But thanks for a few thing I didn't like the appearance thing.

Yeah, I'm seeing a few problems, but I like the idea to much just to disregard it.

[X] Stunt: The aura- your Anima- flares silver as you rush forward, Sasuke answering you in kind. Your fists meet in a cacophony of muffled thumps, each impact driving you further on. What strikes you can't block, you dodge, flowing around Sasuke's attacks in a way that's more reminiscent of his fighting style than your own. Eventually, you score the first strike, your fist sinking into his abdomen even as his own attack seeks out your head.

Am I doing it right?

We need to do this fast; we don't want Kabuto to come see what's taking so long.

John At DAwn said:
We need to do this fast; we don't want Kabuto to come see what's taking so long.

Don't forget Kakashi is currently on his way here. Though I can agree to finshing this quickly so no other bullshit happens.

[X] You rush, intent on making the best of your newfound power. Let the Teme eat his words, you were never one to give up, and neither you intend to start now. You strike, an upward kick to the face and he evades low. But that was only the first shot. A pair of shadow clone follow through with straight punches to both sides of his head forcing him to block. A third turns a ground-sliding kick into a handstand, again manifesting your grudge with his face. His arms occupied, he has no way to guard, but you hadn't finished: your last clone of this batch has just finished aiming you down, and down you come, your fist on his skull like a meteor, driving the back of it to the earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back