• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Blurry Profile Pic

RSR2000

Versed in the lewd.
My profile pic is still blurry even after I resized the image to 200x200
ezgif-2-bf0190b973.png

ezgif-2-1129b9cc59.png

I get a .jpg when I download your profile pic. Based on your screenshot, it's a .png where it's saved on your computer. JPEG is a different format and uses compression, so that's what's causing the blur. Don't know why the forum software converts it, but now you know and can plan around it.

I get a .jpg when I download your profile pic. Based on your screenshot, it's a .png where it's saved on your computer. JPEG is a different format and uses compression, so that's what's causing the blur. Don't know why the forum software converts it, but now you know and can plan around it.
I converted it to jpeg and it's still blurry.
ezgif-1-2d63c1b554.png

I converted it to jpeg and it's still blurry.
9r3rM5c.jpg

It doesn't look blurry for me... this is basically what I get when looking at your avatar.

What are you using to view the site? Firefox? Chrome? MS Explorer/Edge? Safari?

Also what is the scale you're viewing the site at.

9r3rM5c.jpg

It doesn't look blurry for me... this is basically what I get when looking at your avatar.

What are you using to view the site? Firefox? Chrome? MS Explorer/Edge? Safari?

Also what is the scale you're viewing the site at.
I use chrome at 175% because the text is too small for me at 100%
ezgif-1-e066be27e1.png
ezgif-1-6517b7c35f.png
Preferably, I would like to use the original 1046x1060 version for full HD if possible, but every version I've tried uploading came out a little blurry.
ezgif-1-13aabf933e.jpg

I use chrome at 175% because the text is too small for me at 100%
ezgif-1-e066be27e1.png
ezgif-1-6517b7c35f.png
Preferably, I would like to use the original 1046x1060 version for full HD if possible, but every version I've tried uploading came out a little blurry.
ezgif-1-13aabf933e.jpg

Going to be honest, it's the scale of your browser that is making your avatar blurry. XD

Going to be honest, it's the scale of your browser that is making your avatar blurry. XD
...Well it would certainly be funny if that's the case XD However, the reason why I noticed my profile pic was blurry in the first place was because someone pointed it out when I still had my old profile pic, so I'm somewhat sure it's not just me.
ezgif-1-aba2cc3ef5.png

ezgif-1-1c81727d10.png

...unless both Coldbluestreak and I view our browsers at high scale, which would just make this whole thing even funnier XD

...Well it would certainly be funny if that's the case XD However, the reason why I noticed my profile pic was blurry in the first place was because someone pointed it out when I still had my old profile pic, so I'm somewhat sure it's not just me.

...unless both Coldbluestreak and I view our browsers at high scale, which would just make this whole thing even funnier XD
Basically when the page is zoomed... images generally become blurry. This is especially true when the image has fine details.

Basically when the page is zoomed... images generally become blurry. This is especially true when the image has fine details.
Well alright then, I'll just use the 1046x1060 version and trust that it isn't blurry for other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back