• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Both SV and SB seem to be down.

OSRfanatic1

...Meh
Both SV and SB seem to be down. I don't now if this is the right thread for this though. If it is not can a mod switch this post to the correct thread? Please and thank you if true.

I get a Error 522 message when i try to open either SB or SV. I wonder what happened?

If both fall apart at the same time, chances are Cloudflare did something ruinous. All we can do is wait and hope.

The server for SB an SV are down for people that don't know already.

Both SV and SB seem to be down. I don't now if this is the right thread for this though. If it is not can a mod switch this post to the correct thread? Please and thank you if true.

I get a Error 522 message when i try to open either SB or SV. I wonder what happened?

I heard that their server caught fire, and exploded. Twice! Now they have to start all over from the beginning again.

I heard that their server caught fire, and exploded. Twice! Now they have to start all over from the beginning again.

Nah. Server's data center lost power, spun up their backup generator. THAT caught fire, caused some sort of electrical fault. Fire department cut all power, put out fire. This may have caused water damage to the servers that SB and SV use. We're not sure yet. SV at least is looking into new hardware already, and should be up soon, maybe tomorrow. SB may or may not be doing the same thing. In both cases, they have off-site backups, and will lose no more than half an hour or so of content.

Nah. Server's data center lost power, spun up their backup generator. THAT caught fire, caused some sort of electrical fault. Fire department cut all power, put out fire. This may have caused water damage to the servers that SB and SV use. We're not sure yet. SV at least is looking into new hardware already, and should be up soon, maybe tomorrow. SB may or may not be doing the same thing. In both cases, they have off-site backups, and will lose no more than half an hour or so of content.

Oh. Well, that's a huge relief. I was afraid all those fics were completely lost.

Oh. Well, that's a huge relief. I was afraid all those fics were completely lost.
SB is very old, and SV uses the same guy for tech support (which is why they share a data center). SB learned to have backups the hard way before a not-insignificant chunk of its userbase was even born, and SV benefited from that institutional knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back