• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Change is bad

LurkingInTheDeceit

“Brave” explorer treading “New” land
Since the forum transition, the 'Postings' section of profiles now includes Conversation messages. This makes it harder to go through public posts. Am I missing an option to disable this, or can that option/filter become available?

Last edited:
Update: The 'Latest activity' section of the profile only shows *public* posts/reactions, which would solve the problem, but some people have that specific section of the profile disabled (possibly the 'Allow users to: Receive your news feed:' privacy setting), so back to square one.

Since the forum transition, the 'Postings' section of profiles now includes Conversation messages. This makes it harder to go through public posts. Am I missing an option to disable this, or can that option/filter become available?
Update: The 'Latest activity' section of the profile only shows *public* posts/reactions, which would solve the problem, but some people have that specific section of the profile disabled (possibly the 'Allow users to: Receive your news feed:' privacy setting), so back to square one.
Why are you trying to do this to begin with? It seems unnecessary.

Why are you trying to do this to begin with? It seems unnecessary.
My (and a friend's) public to private message ratio skews massively in favour of the latter, so if I want to look through either of our profiles I have to go through a magnitude more posts.

This is an inconvenience that didn't previously exist, though (contradicting the satirical title) XenForo 2 has on the whole been a net positive for my user experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back