• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[DELETED]

Suggesting a No Affairs of Othe Boards Rule because the Other Board Rant threads are filled with Rule 8 Violations. And recently this resulted in a lock of the SV thread.

It's inevitable that someone's going to break Rule 8 discussing other boards and it's shown that it just keeps happening. A No Affairs Of Other Boards Rule would solve a lot of problems and save work for the mods in having to monitor these threads.

SV in particular is hard to discuss without breaking Rule 8 because the entire board is heavily left leaning and this permeates the board's culture and population.

I mean these threads themselves just come off as inane and the apparent weekly infractions make them seem like a headache to deal with.

The alternative I can think of is relaxing Rule 8 in the relevant threads to avoid constant bans and another lock, but in all honesty I'm not interested in this, I doubt other people are, and I highly doubt the mods are either.

The point of QQ is writing and lewds, yes? And while I understand the community has grown with time to include other things, discussing other boards and their affairs just seems to cause problems in the long term and extra work.

We already talked about this in the staff forum and I doubt the opinions of any of my colleagues have changed in the time since. (Although, uh, they're totally free to tell me that I'm stupid and wrong if their opinions have changed.)

The main point of contention here is that having no AOOB rule is something that's hardbaked into QQ ever since it started which is why an AOOB rule's not going to be implemented.

Agreed. The problem isn't affairs of other boards, the 'problem' is people trying to 'win' arguments, and unnecessarily bringing politics, over. The first, well, we let the users mock people trying to win an argument in this way. The second, we already have policies in place for such things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back