• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Embossed Silver (Dresden Files/Worm) Self Insert

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Deleted. If you still want to read this message me and I will send you the story.

It's not...
Just a few minor nitpicks.

'denarii' is plural. 'denarius' is singular. Latin, you know. (a bit of trivia: in the old form of pounds/shilling/pence, pennies were represented by 'd', which did indeed stand for 'denarius').

The bullet itself narrowly missed my suit jacket and hit the brick wall behind me at terminal velocity, sending chunks of fire baked clay and cement flying.

'terminal velocity' specifically refers to a falling object, at the point where air resistance prevents further downward acceleration. A bullet travelling laterally is not in free fall.

I completed my spin, moving forward as I did, until my back was against the stunned mugger.
The commas make it much more readable.

A curious stacked triangle symbols, reminiscent of an hourglass was branded into my flesh.
This sentence doesn't quite work right. Perhaps 'symbol' rather than 'symbols'? Also, a comma after 'hourglass' would make it more readable.

The experience was just a touch too surreal.
Typo.

Apart from that, nicely started. However, the overall problem is that the protagonist seems to be uncaring about basically everything. There's no personality showing through, nothing for us to latch on to and relate to. But I will be watching to see where this goes.

Just a few minor nitpicks.

'denarii' is plural. 'denarius' is singular. Latin, you know. (a bit of trivia: in the old form of pounds/shilling/pence, pennies were represented by 'd', which did indeed stand for 'denarius').

'terminal velocity' specifically refers to a falling object, at the point where air resistance prevents further downward acceleration. A bullet travelling laterally is not in free fall.

The commas make it much more readable.

This sentence doesn't quite work right. Perhaps 'symbol' rather than 'symbols'? Also, a comma after 'hourglass' would make it more readable.

Typo.

Apart from that, nicely started. However, the overall problem is that the protagonist seems to be uncaring about basically everything. There's no personality showing through, nothing for us to latch on to and relate to. But I will be watching to see where this goes.
Thanks for the advice, I'll correct those errors sometime today.
I was kind of intending the SI to come across as mildly shell shocked and apathetic, at least at the story's beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back