• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Few questions about NSFW label applied to textual description of gore and body horror

TrueN'aelkaen

Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?
I have few clarifying questions about what does and doesn't count as NSFW (in text, not images) that can be boiled down to two:
  1. What is the basic line for gore to qualify as NSFW? Graphic descriptions of exposed internal organs? Severed body parts?
  2. Does disturbing body horror (shedding skin, turning inside out) qualify as NSFW?
For clarification, I am considering to write a story featuring character that is shapeshifting monstrosity a la Carpenter's Thing. The story's tone isn't really that dark and the character's injuries in the battles are played for laughs due to their monstrous regeneration. Something along the lines:

"Die, Fiend!" the Knight cried out as he charged towards his foe.
With decisive swing of silver sword, Monster's head was flung rolling on the floor of the temple as viscous black blood fountained from the severed neck. However, the body didn't fall on the floor. With the gurgling sigh from bleeding throat, the headless body easily dodged Knight's next swing and with a kick send him flying across the room. With opponent pushed off, it crouched to pick its severed part from the floor. With wet smacking sound, the Monster placed its head back onto the neck, which almost instantly healed.
"I am really tired of this," commented the Monster looking at the Knight with contempt.

Does something like this require placing in NSFW category?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back