• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General D&D/Pathfinder Thread.

The Shadowmind

Well worn.
General thread for discussing Dungeons and Dragons regardless of edition and it's offshoot, Pathfinder.

My argument with Bailey Matutine:
Quoting Rosaline Meda-Vici @ stackexchange on why scribing scrolls don't work

Clerics, druids, experienced paladins, and experienced rangers can cast divine spells. Unlike arcane spells, divine spells draw power from a divine source. Clerics gain spell power from deities or from divine forces. The divine force of nature powers druid and ranger spells, and the divine forces of law and good power paladin spells.

Divine spells are powered by Divine Energy. Arcane spells are powered by a different source. What source? It's anybody's guess, but it ain't Divine.

Decipher the Writing

The writing on a scroll must be deciphered before a character can use it or know exactly what spell it contains. This requires a read magic spell or a successful Spellcraft check (DC 20 + spell level). Deciphering a scroll is a full-round action.

Deciphering a scroll to determine its contents does not activate its magic unless it is a specially prepared cursed scroll. A character can decipher the writing on a scroll in advance so that she can proceed directly to the next step when the time comes to use the scroll.

Anybody, even non-spellcasters, can determine the nature of a scroll (What spell it contains and whether it's divine/arcane) so long as they're skilled enough.

Activating the Spell

To have any chance of activating a scroll spell, the scroll user must meet the following requirements.
• The spell must be of the correct type (arcane or divine). Arcane spellcasters (wizards, sorcerers, and bards) can only use scrolls containing arcane spells, and divine spellcasters (clerics, druids, paladins, and rangers) can only use scrolls containing divine spells. (The type of scroll a character creates is also determined by his class.)
• The user must have the spell on her class list.
• The user must have the requisite ability score.

Here we are explicitly told an Arcane user can only activate an Arcane spell.

The writing for an activated spell disappears from the scroll as the spell is cast.

I'll come back to this one in just a moment.

If we go back to Arcane Magical Writings, we come to:

Spells Copied form Another's Spellbook or a Scroll

A wizard can also add a spell to his book whenever he encounters one on a magic scroll or in another wizard's spellbook. No matter what the spell's source, the wizard must first decipher the magical writing (see Arcane Magical Writings).

The quote argued above saying "No matter what the spell's source..." does not refer to the nature of divine or arcane, but where the spell is being drawn from: spellbook, scroll, etc. This renders that point moot. Regardless of how you feel about this interpretation, we end up at the same place which is: "Decipher the Magical Writing", which we touched on above.

Personally, it's at this point that the Arcane caster finds the Divine Scroll useless in terms of copying into his spellbook. Once he discovers it's Divine, he would understand it's of no use to him. But let's continue to find out why he would draw this conclusion.

The process leaves a spellbook that was copied from unharmed, but a spell successfully copied from a magic scroll disappears from the parchment.

While this doesn't explicitly state that copying from a scroll into a spellbook is an act of "activating" a spell, it does help build an argument. Both situations result in the spell disappearing from the parchment.

Such an argument is further supported by:

Replacing and Copying Spellbooks

A wizard can use the procedure for learning a spell to reconstruct a lost spellbook. If he already has a particular spell prepared, he can write it directly into a new book at the same cost required to write a spell into a spellbook. The process wipes the prepared spell from his mind, just as casting it would. If he does not have the spell prepared, he can prepare it from a borrowed spellbook and then write it into a new book.

Here, writing a prepared spell into a spellbook, works much as casting it would. While the spell hasn't technically been cast, it requires much of the same energy (An arcane spell slot).

Thus if copying from memory works like casting, copying from a scroll works like activating the scroll. If you cannot activate it, you cannot copy it.

I understand that this interpretation of the rules might not work for some people because it's not explicitly stated. That's okay.

Even ignoring such a conclusion and you allow your Wizard to copy a Divine spell into his Spellbook, his Wizard class does not provide him with any Divine spell slots. He would be unable to prepare the spell as a Wizard because it's powered by divine energy, which he has none of for that class.
Note that Pathfinder, which Rosaline Meda-Vici is talking about specifically says:
PFSRD said:
A wizard can only learn new spells that belong to the wizard spell lists
That said, I am going to reply as though this were talking about SRD-augmented-by-splatbooks D&D 3.5, because that is what I was talking about.

There are two levels of argument here:
  1. "A Wizard can only copy spells that are actually on the Sor/Wiz list into her spellbook"
  2. "Even if she could do that, she couldn't actually cast it, because she doesn't have divine spell slots."

For #1: "A Wizard can only copy spells that are actually on the Sor/Wiz list into her spellbook"
Assumption: the following text actually allows the Archivist to learn spells:
Heroes of Horror said:
At any time, an archivist can also add spells found on scrolls containing divine spells to his prayerbook, but he must make any rolls and spend the time required (see Adding Spells to a Wizard's Spellbook on page 178 of the Player's Handbook).
Conclusion: the following rules text can be used on scrolls containing divine spells:
PHB said:
Adding Spells to a Wizard's Spellbook
[...]
Spells Copied from Another's Spellbook or a Scroll: A wizard can also add a spell to her book whenever she encounters one on a
magic scroll[...]
Assumption: the Wizard can use the rules section titled "Adding Spells to a Wizard's Spellbook"
Conclusion: the Wizard can transcribe scrolls containing divine spells to her spellbook.
Fact: that rules section makes no mention of divine spells.
Assumption: Wizards can learn and cast spells from the Sor/Wiz list
Conclusion: that rules section is not limited to scrolls containing divine spells, and can in fact apply to all spells.

That leaves #2: "Even if she could do that, she couldn't actually cast it, because she doesn't have divine spell slots."

Well, guess what? A wizard doesn't have arcane spell slots either! She just has "spell slots".

Assumption: the following text actually lets the Frost Mage cast Summon Ice Beast:
Frostburn said:
Gain Knowledge (Ex): Beginning at 3rd level, the frost mage gains knowledge of the spell conjure ice beast I, if he does not already have it. Former wizards get to add this spell to their spellbooks for free, and former sorcerers and bards get to add this spell to their spells known, even if this takes them over their normal limit. For each two levels gained in the prestige class, he gains knowledge of the next higher level in the conjure ice beast spell progression (conjure ice beast II at 5th level, conjure ice beast III at 7th level, and conjure ice beast IV at 9th level). At 7th level, in addition to gaining conjure ice beast III, the frost mage gains animate snow as a spell known. At 9th level, in addition to gaining conjure ice beast IV, the frost mage gains frostfell as a spell known.
This class feature does not change the level of the spell. A frost mage still must have a spell slot of the appropriate level to prepare or cast a spell acquired through the gain knowledge ability.
Fact: The Frost Mage is an arcane spellcasting class. "Spells: Able to cast 1st-level arcane spells."
Fact: The conjure ice beast # spells are Cleric/Druid spells.
Fact: The prerequisite feat "Frozen Magic" just adjusts caster level, not any sort of arcane/divine division
Conclusion: Knowing a spell allows you to prepare/cast it using your spell slots.

Now, having thought about it, I don't actually know of a reason why you couldn't argue that a Wizard would actually cast those spells as divine spells, and thus you couldn't actually get them through the CYOA from that. I was making the DM-based assumption that "no DM would let you ignore arcane spell failure by learning spells through divine scrolls, because that sounds OP and Wizards were already too good before we learned they could cast every spell that can fit on a scroll."
You can teach stupid, and you can convince a fool, but the best thing to do with a liar is walk away. Thank you for confirming that you have in fact read the archivist's full entry and you simply chose to misrepresent it to make wizards more powerful and feed your wizard fetish. I am disappointed but not surprised that you chose not to take the chance I gave you to back down on this. In the future, I will simply remain aware that any time you bring up wizards I should ignore you.
Here is the part of the Archivist class entry that describes the Archivist spellcasting
Heroes of Horror said:
Spellcasting: An archivist casts divine spells, drawn primarily from the cleric spell list although he can eventually uncover, learn, and prepare noncleric divine spells spells. Unlike clerics, archivists prepare spells from a prayerbook, a collection of copied divine spells. To learn, prepare, or cast a spell, an archivist must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against an archivist's spell is 10 + the spell level + the archivist's Int modifier.

Like other spellcasters, an archivist can cast only a certain number of spells of each level per day. His base daily allotment is given in Table 5–1: The Archivist. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Wisdom score (see Table 1–1 on page 8 of the Player's Handbook). He must choose and prepare his spells ahead of time by getting a good night's sleep and then spending 1 hour studying his prayerbook. The archivist decides which spells to prepare while studying.

Prayerbook: Unlike a cleric, an archivist does not receive his daily spell complement from whatever deity or cosmic force he worships. Rather, he must seek out and collect new spells much as a wizard does, but from such esoteric sources as holy tablets, ancient steles, or other magical scriptures. He cannot prepare any spell not recorded in his prayerbook except for read magic, which archivists can prepare from memory.

An archivist begins play with a prayerbook containing all 0-level cleric spells plus three 1st-level cleric spells of the player's choice. For each point of Intelligence bonus the archivist has, the prayerbook has an additional 1st-level cleric spell. At each new class level, the archivist gains two new cleric spells for his prayerbook; these can be of any spell level or levels that he can cast (based on his new archivist level). At any time, an archivist can also add spells found on scrolls containing divine spells to his prayerbook, but he must make any rolls and spend the time required (see Adding Spells to a Wizard's Spellbook on page 178 of the Player's Handbook). The archivist can learn and thus prepare nonclerical divine spells in this fashion but the two free spells he gains for advancing in class level must be selected from the cleric spell list.
Here is the relevant fucking section:
an archivist can also add spells found on scrolls containing divine spells to his prayerbook, but he must make any rolls and spend the time required (see Adding Spells to a Wizard's Spellbook on page 178 of the Player's Handbook).
The Archivist can add non-Cleric spells to his spellbookprayerbook, but he still has to follow the usual procedures. (i.e., the same ones Wizards use to do the same thing)

He is also limited to spells found on scrolls that contain divine spells. (However, if a scroll somehow contains both divine and arcane spells, he can learn all the spells on that scroll)

EDIT 2: Whoops, I forgot a post in between:
You just quoted the sentence you claimed didn't exist. I'm suddenly uncertain which of the three categories you fall under.
How does that invalidate my argument?
  • "The archivist can learn and thus prepare nonclerical divine spells in this fashion": being able to use the Wizard's trick allows the Archivist to cast non-Cleric divine spells
  • "the two free spells he gains for advancing in class level must be selected from the cleric spell list.": the spells the Archivist doesn't use the Wizard's trick to learn must still be Cleric spells.
EDIT 1: Another post:
That sentence specifically allows archivists to learn non-cleric spells, after already establishing that they otherwise work like wizards. If wizards could do that, the sentence would be unnecessary. Therefor, you are wrong and wizards can not do that.
So, your argument is that D&D 3.5 contains zero redundant sentences?

Last edited:
Page 29 of the Official 3.5 FAQ from the Wizards of the Coast Website said:
Not only has Wizards officially spoken on this matter, they didn't even think you would be confused enough to believe you could copy divine magic in this way.

I like these 2 "monk" builds
Rubik's

shaikujin's
Because the formating update screw up tables, I posted the an unedited verison of the build in the spoiler.
It is long, so care when clikcing.
shaikujin;15529636 said:
While any class can use parts of the build, there are a couple of abilities unique to a monk - Unarmed Damage progression, Flurry progression (which is an enhanced TWF that works on 2 handed weapons), Unarmored Speed progression, AC progression.
These are the abilities I try to synergize and capitalize on.
Fulfilment of criteria
Criteria|Success at fulfilling criteria|Description
WBL 760,000|Succeeded|
210,000 XP|Succeeded|Build uses XP within limit
No use of Ice Assassin, Simulacrum or Astral Seed|Succeeded|No banned spells used
Official 3.5 sources used|Succeeded|All sources used are official WOTC products
Going through all challenges without needing to respec|Succeeded|All challenges met
32 point buy for stats|Succeeded beyond spec|25 PB used
2 flaws used|Succeeded|2 flaws used
No use of leadership|Succeeded|Leadership not used
How little the UMD skill is used|Succeeded|UMD not used
Viability from level 1|Succeeded|No VoP/DCFS
No infinite loops|Succeeded|
Sticking to monk as closely as possible|Succeeded|All 20 levels of monk used
Use of as many monk abilities as possible|Succeeded|
  • Monk variant in SRD used at level 1, 2 and 6 to gain bonus (by RAW, the indicated feats were selected at the requisite level, subsequent DCFS shouldn't remove the bonus)
  • Bonus feats used
  • Flurry optimized
  • Unarmed damage optimized
  • AC bonus optimized
  • Unarmored speed optimized
  • Evasion used (to trade for Invisible Fist)
  • Effective use of Slow fall
I present:
Rorc Lee, the Half-Orc Lv 20 Monk
RorcLee2_zps09f278d8.jpg

The TLDR version is Ubercharger that does "Over 90006000!" damage and is able to treat every roll as a natural 20. (Turned out I had an extra parameter in my excel formula, so damage was incorrectly calculated as 9000+ instead of 6000+)
Warning : I overdid it methinks…kinda hard to read even with tables
Race
Race|Source|Type|Cost|Description
Frostblood Half-Orc|Dragon Magic Pg 10|Race - Medium Humanoid (Human/Orc/Dragonblood)|0 LA|Str +2, Int -2, Cha -2. Darkvision 60. Bonus feat (Endurance). Resistance to Cold 10, Vulnerability to Fire. Using Races of Destiny Pg 150 sidebar to avoid burning a feat on Human heritage
Unseelie Fey|Dragon Compendium Pg 222|Template - Medium Fey (Human/Orc/Dragonblood)|0 LA|Str -2, Dex +2, Con -2, Cha +2, (Ex) Flight at twice normal speed, (Ex) Iron Vulnerability (Touching Steel/Iron incur 1 damage. Take 1d6 more damage from Steel/Iron weapons, DR applies). (Su) Summer Caress (Magic Circle against anything not animal/beast/fey/magical beast. CL = HD). DR 15/Cold Iron. Darkvision 60 ft. +4 racial to intimidate
Traits|SRD|Aggressive|AC -1|Initiative +2
Traits|SRD|Quick|Gain -1 HP every lvl|Land speed +10
Flaw 1|SRD|Pathetic|Reduce Cha by 2|Which will be circumvented via Awaken
Flaw 2|SRD|Vulnerable|Reduce AC by 1|Rorc Lee has AC over 100, -1 AC is acceptable
Stats
Stats|Str|Dex|Con|Int|Wis|Cha
25 point buy|17|14|14|8|8|8
Race/Templates|0|2|-2|-2|0|0
Awaken Tree*|0|0|0|27|27|27
Wish/Tome*|5|5|5|5|5|5
Level Increment|3|1|1|0|0|0
Venerable Age|0|0|0|3|3|3
Enhancement|6|6|6|6|6|6
Final Tally|31|28|24|41|41|41
  • Awaken specifics - Hire NPC spellcaster to "Polymorph any Object" Rorc Lee into a Tree, then cast a Maximized Empowered Awaken to get 18 + (0.5 x 3d6). Repeat until I get max on the rolls. If Epic feats allowed (Gate scrolls with high enough CL to gate in Epic level Solars/Dragonwrought Kobold), I will use Intensified.
  • Would have also tried polymorphing into a animal subsequently for another Maximum Empowered Awaken to get an arbitarily high Cha. But I'm not sure if the 2 HD messes with this challenge, and also whether this pushes it into the no infinite loops restriction.
  • Timeless body allows Rorc Lee to gain +3 to Mental abilites from aging without suffering physical penalties.
Class Levels
Lvl|Class/ACF/Sub|Skill|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|HD|Flurry|Unarmed|AC|Speed|Feats (* denotes a bonus feat)|Skills|Special
1|Monk (Overwhelming Attack Style)|4|0|2|2|2|d8|-2/-2 |1D6|0|0| Flaw 1* Battle Jump*, Flaw 2* Hidden Talent*, Stunning Fist* Power Attack*, IUS*, Lion Tribe Warrior|Knowledge (Local) 2|(Ex) AC Bonus, (Ex) Flurry of Blows, (Ex) Fast Movement
2|Monk (Overwhelming Attack Style, Invisible Fist)|4|1|3|3|3|d8|-1/-1 |1D6|0|0| Deflect Arrows* Improved Bull Rush|| (Ex) Evasion (Su) Invisible Fist (Every 3 rounds, can take an immediate action to become invisible for 1 round)
3|Monk|4|2|3|3|3|d8|+0/+0 |1D6|0|10|Planar Touchstone||(Ex) Still Mind
4|Monk (Holy Strike)|4|3|4|4|4|d8|+1/+1 |1D8|0|10||| (Su) Ki Strike (Magic) (Su) Holy Strike, (Ex) Slow Fall 20
5|Monk (Planar)|4|3|4|4|4|d8|+2/+2 |1D8|1|10||Jump 8, Knowledge (Planes) 8| (Ex) Purity of Body (Ex) Resistant Body (Gains Acid Resistance 5)
6|Monk (ECS)|4|4|5|5|5|d8|+3/+3 |1D8|1|20| Improved Trip* Whirling Steel Strike, Leap Attack||(Ex) Slow Fall 30
7|Monk (Dark Moon Disciple)|4|5|5|5|5|d6|+4/+4 |1D8|1|20||| (Su) Wholeness of Body (Su) Shadowblend (Gain total concealment when not under full daylight. No action required to activate. Rorc Lee is always considered to be under the shade of his Oak tree, sooo...)
8|Monk|4|6|6|6|6|d8|+5/+5/+0 |1D10|1|20|||(Ex) Slow Fall 40
9|Monk (Invisible Fist)|4|6|6|6|6|d8|+6/+6/+1 |1D10|1|30|Shock Trooper|| (Ex) Improved Evasion (Su) Invisible Fist (Every 3 rounds, can take an immediate action to Blink for <Wis mod> rounds)
10|Monk|4|7|7|7|7|d8|+7/+7/+2 |1D10|2|30|||(Su) Ki Strike (lawful), (Ex) Slow Fall 50
11|Monk|4|8|7|7|7|d8|+8/+8/+8/+3 |1D10|2|30|||(Su) Diamond Body, (Ex) Greater Flurry
12|Monk|4|9|8|8|8|d8|+9/+9/+9/+4 |2D6|2|40|Headlong Rush||(Su) Abundant step, (Ex) Slow Fall 60
13|Monk|4|9|8|8|8|d8|+9/+9/+9/+4 |2D6|2|40|||(Su) Diamond Soul
14|Monk|4|10|9|9|9|d8|+10/+10/+10/+5 |2D6|2|40|||(Ex) Slow Fall 70
15|Monk|4|11|9|9|9|d8|+11/+11/+11/+6/+1 |2D6|3|50|Darkstalker||(Su) Quivering Palm
16|Monk (Planar)|4|12|10|10|10|d8|+12/+12/+12/+7/+2 |2D8|3|50||| (Su) Ki Strike (Adamantine) (Su) Ki Strike (Cold Iron), (Ex) Slow Fall 80
17|Monk|4|12|10|10|10|d8|+12/+12/+12/+7/+2 |2D8|3|50|||(Ex) Timeless body, (Ex) Tongue of the Sun and Moon
18|Monk|4|13|11|11|11|d8|+13/+13/+13/+8/+3 |2D8|3|60|Item Familiar||(Ex) Slow fall 90
19|Monk|4|14|11|11|11|d8|+14/+14/+14/+9/+4 |2D8|3|60|||(Su) Empty body
20|Monk|4|15|12|12|12|d8|+15/+15/+15/+10/+5 |2D10|4|60||Concentration 23, Listen 23, Jump 23, Hide 23, Move Silently 23, Sense Motive 23, Spot 23, Tumble 23|Perfect self, (Ex) Slow Fall any distance
|Subtotal|380 (20 x 4 + 20 x 15)|15|12|12|12|209 (19d8 + 1d6 from class, + 20 x 7 from con, - 20 from Quick trait)|+15/+15/+15/+10/+5 |2D10|4|60|||

Feats
#|Feat|Source|Cost|Description
*|Endurance|SRD||Gain +4 bonus to Swim/Con/Fort checks. Sleep in light/medium armor without being fatigued
*|Battle Jump|Unapproachable East Pg 42||Requires coming from the Taer region or Knowledge (Local) 2. Can charge by simply jumping or dropping from a height of 5 ft - 30 ft. Deal double damage, but takes falling damage from the jumped distance (negated by monk's Slow Fall)
*|Hidden Talent|Expanded Psionics Handbook Pg 67||Gain PP reserve of 2 PP to manifest Expansion at ML 1. ML boost (ioun stone, karma bead, symbols, create magic tattoo) increases ML to 9, Allowing augmentation of +6 PP for 2 size increase & 2 PP to change 1 rd/lvl duration to 10 min/lvl
1|Power Attack|SRD||Requires Str 13. Damage = 2 x BAB
2|Lion Tribe Warrior|Shining South Pg 20 Online ||Regional feat. May make a full attack with a single light weapon as part of a charge action
3|Improved Bull Rush|SRD||Requires Str 13, Power Attack
4|Planar Touchstone (The Catalogues of Enlightenment)|Planar Handbook Pg 41 Online & Pg 166|250 gp + 10 xp|Gain granted power of a domain and 1/day ability to cast a spell from this domain. Selecting the War Domain of the deity Shar. Her favored weapon is the Chakram. Rorc Lee now has Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Chakram) & Weapon Focus (Chakram)
*|Martial Weapon Proficiency (Longsword)|SRD for War Domain power, ECS Pg 68 for The Sovereign Host's favored weapon||Gains proficiency
*|Weapon Focus (Longsword)|As above||Gain +1 bonus on attack rolls
5|Whirling Steel Strike|ECS Pg 65||ECS Pg 38 allows this feat to be taken as one of the bonus monk feats. Can flurry with a longsword
6|Leap Attack|Complete Adventurer Pg 110 Online ||Requires 8 Jump, Power Attack. Errata'd to +100% of Power attack damage, also changes PA ratio for 2 handed weapon to 3 * BAB
7|Shock Trooper|Complete Warrior Pg 112||Requires BAB 6, Imp Bullrush, Power Attack. Must PA for at least 5, shunts penalty to AC
8|Headlong Rush|Races of Faerun Pg 164 Online ||Requires BAB 4, Orc/Half-Orc. Charge that provokes AoO from every foe including target. Doubles damage.
9|Darkstalker|Lord of Madness Pg 179||When hidden, opponents with blindsense, blindsight, scent, tremorsense must still make Listen or Spot checks (whichever DC is higher)
10|Item Familiar|SRD||
*|Cleave|SRD||Requires Str 13, Power Attack
*|Great Cleave|SRD||Requires BAB 4, Str 13, Cleave, Power Attack
Equipment Total Costs = 715,912
Primary Weapon

Weapons
Weapon|Source|Type|Cost|Description
Rope Dart|Dragon 319 Pg 73|Weapon|2310|
  • 2 handed Exotic Weapon
  • 15 ft reach
  • Allows flurry, trip, weapon finesse
  • 1d4, Crit 20/2.
  • This is a shuriken that is morphed into its current form
**Kaorti resin| Online |Special Material|-|
  • Kaorti costs 315/3 gp, plus 315/2 in XP (NPC rate per XP is 5 gp, so 787.5 gp).
  • Cost of enhancing this item with magic item is then reduced by 315/2 x 5 gp (which cancels out the 787.5 gp)
**Scorpion Karma|MIC Pg 201|Kama made from Kaorti resin|4,000|
  • Weapon's base damage now scales with unarmed damage, changing from 1d4 to 12d8
**Gloryborn|DMG II|Template|600|
  • Gain +1 Untyped bonus to damage on a charge attack
**Item of Legend|War of the Lance|Item Quality|1,500|
  • Superior Masterwork item that improves the masterwork bonus to attack rolls to +5
**Psychic| SRD |Enhancement|35,000|
  • Scaling enchancement bonus based on Power Point pool
  • 130+ PP means +5 Enhancement bonus
**Sizing|MIC Pg 43|Enhancement|5,000|
**+1 Enhancement|SRD|Enhancement|2,000|
**Intelligent Item|SRD|Intelligence|15,000|
  • AL LG; Int 19, Wis 19, Cha 10
  • Speech, Telepathy
  • 120 ft. darkvision, blindsense and hearing
  • Ego score 14 + Enhancement bonus
**Lesser Power 1|AE&G|Intelligence|10,000|
  • Combat Reflexes
**Lesser Power 2|AE&G |Intelligence|10,000|
  • Improved Initiative
**Lesser Power 3|AE&G |Intelligence|25,000|
  • Evasion
**Lesser Power 4|AE&G |Intelligence|10,000|
  • Locate object at will
**Greater Power 1|AE&G |Intelligence|81,000|
  • True Seeing at will
**Greater Power 2|AE&G |Intelligence|81,000|
  • Passwall at will
**Dedicated Power|SRD|Intelligence|80,000|
  • +2 luck bonus on attacks, saves, and checks
*Tattoo Avatar| Tattoo |Slotless Wondrous Item|3,000|
  • (2000 gp x 1.5)
  • Item can store 20 slots of Psionic Tattoos
  • Standard action to move tattoos
  • 1 PP to move tattoo off item
Subtotal||| 363,100 7,262|
  • Qualifies to become a Weapon of Legacy as it has no more than +1 effective enhancement
Legendary Weapon ||||
  • Mutable selections can be reconfigured to any equivalents by swapping out components (1 full round action)
  • Eg, swapping out Lvl 7 Creature Compass to ignore DR of Constructs instead of Outsiders
  • Or swapping out Many Fanged & Wrathful Healing at lvl 18 to a different set of +6 abilities
Menu selection|Source|Type|Cost|Description
Lvl 5
  • Knife Made Mind
  • Sneaky Intentions
|
  • WoL 115
|Least A||
  • Standard action to convert weapon into a Mindblade
  • +2 Competence bonus on Hide and Move Silently
Lvl 6|-|HP -2|
Lvl 7
  • Creature Compass (Su)
  • Faithful Strike (Ex)
  • Accurate Strike (Su)
|
  • WoL Pg 189
  • ToB Pg 135
  • ToB Pg 138
|Least Mutable B (Select 3 x A)|Skill check penalty 1|
  • Ignore DR of 1 type of creature. +6 (+1 per 3 lvl)
  • Untyped bonus to attack and damage creatures of alignment CE (+3 against just C or E)
  • 3/day swift action to ignore all miss chance on next attack
Lvl 8|-|-|HP -2|
Lvl 9|-|-|HP -2|
Lvl 10
  • +1 (Valorous)
  • Stable Focus
|
  • ToB Pg 148
  • WoL 115
|Least Mutable C (Select 2 x B)|HP -2|
  • Doubles damage on a charge
  • Treat as always focused for one psionic feat
Lvl 11
  • Cunning (Su)
||Lesser D||
  • Never Flat footed as long as holding, wearing, or wielding weapon
Lvl 12|-|-|HP -2|
Lvl 13
  • Penetrating Proposal (Sp)
  • Wolf's Cunning (Su)
  • Boundless Determination (Ex)
|
  • WoL Pg 115
  • WoL Pg 174
  • ToB Pg 135
|Lesser Mutable E (Select 3 x D)|Skill check penalty 2|
  • ML 10 Suggestion with DC 14 + Cha modifier
  • +5 Untyped bonus to Initiative
  • At will Immortal Fortitude stance
Lvl 14|-|-|HP -2|
Lvl 15|-|-||
Lvl 16
  • Student of the Master (Su)
  • Invisibility (Su)
|
  • WoL Pg 34
  • WoL Pg 196
|Lesser Mutable F (Select 2 x E)|HP -2|
  • +5 monk levels for AC and unarmed damage
  • At will Invisibility
Lvl 17 |-|-||
Lvl 18
  • +6
  • Many Fanged
  • Wrathful Healing
|
  • Serpent Kingdomws Pg 152
  • Enemies and Allies Pg 20
|Greater Mutable H (Select 3 x G)|Skill check penalty 3. HP -2|
  • Quadruples damage, quintuple on crit
  • Heals half the damage done
Lvl 19
  • +1 (Morphing)
|
  • MIC Pg 39
|Greater G|HP -2|
  • Normally morphed into a Rope Dart (or Cestus)
Lvl 20
  • +1 (Aptitude)
|
  • ToB Pg 148
|Greater G|HP -2|
  • Weapon benefits from all of wielder's feats that apply to other weapons
  • +1 to attack bonus and damage if weapon type already benefits from any of the wielder's feats
Item Familiar ||||Applying this after the weapon already has +10 worth of enhancements (say by losing the initial one and designating a new item familiar) will allow it to have +13 worth of enhancements
**+1 Galvanic Crysteel Blade|Magic of Eberron Pg 125|Enhancement|Free|+1 Untyped bonus to damage if wielder has at least 1 PP. Can be charged with up to 20 PP. Can allocate up to 5 PP on an attack to add an equal bonus to damage
**+1 Martial Discipline Weapon|ToB Pg 148|Enhancement|Free|+1 Untyped bonus to attack and damage. Increase to +3 if using a manuever
*+1 Mindfeeder|MIC Pg 39|Enhancement|Free|Critical hits gives 1 temporary PP (lasts 1 min) for every 5 damage dealt
Greater Demolition Crystal|MIC Pg 65||6,000|Against Constructs: +1d6 damage, adamantine, can crit and sneak attack as if living creature
*Least Crystal of Return|MIC Pg 65||450|(300 gp x 1.5) Draw Weapon as a free action
Subtotal|||6,450
Secondary Weapons
Braid Blade |||310|This is a shuriken that is morphed into its current form
**Blood Glass|Secrets of Xendrik Pg 147|Material|500|Grants +1 bonus of damage for piercing or slashing weapons
**Psychic| SRD |Enhancement|35,000|Scaling enchancement bonus based on Power Point pool. 130+ PP means +5 Enhancement bonus
**Ringsword|A&EG Pg 115|Enhancement|4,000|Gain benefits of an attached ring
**Shifting|Secrets of Xendrik Pg 147|Enhancement|3,000|As morphing, but only for weapons made from Blood Glass
**Spellblade|Player's Guide To Faerun P120|Enhancement|6,000|
**+1 Defending| SRD |Enhancement|6,000|Free action every turn to transfer all enhancement bonus to AC. Specifically stacks with all other bonus.
**+1 Flying|Magic of Faerun Pg 140|Enhancement|10,000|30 ft flight and is treated as an animated object
**Intelligent Item|Modelled after Khazid'hea |Intelligence|72,000|AL LG; Int 17, Wis 17, Cha 10; Telepathy; 120 ft. darkvision and hearing; Ego score 14 + Enhancement bonus. Grants Cleave, Great Cleave and Improved Sunder. Dedicated Power: Can cause "Rage" on wielder as per spell
**Dedicated Power|Modelled after Khazid'hea |Intelligence|-|Defend Unseelie Fey Frostblood Half Orcs. Can cause "Rage" on wielder at will as per spell
*Tattoo Avatar| Tattoo |Slotless Wondrous Item|3,000|(2000 gp x 1.5) Item can store 20 slots of Psionic Tattoos. Standard action to move tattoos. 1 PP to move tattoo off item
*Subtotal||| 146,810 2,936|
Boot Blade (Left) |Complete Scoundrel Pg 109|Dagger|2,310|This is a shuriken that is morphed into its current form
**Blood Glass|Secrets of Xendrik Pg 147|Material|500|Grants +1 bonus of damage for piercing or slashing weapons
**Psychic| SRD |Enhancement|35,000|Scaling enchancement bonus based on Power Point pool. 130+ PP means +5 Enhancement bonus
**Shifting|Secrets of Xendrik Pg 147|Enhancement|3,000|As morphing, but only for weapons made from Blood Glass
**+1 Defending| SRD |Enhancement|6,000|Free action every turn to transfer all enhancement bonus to AC. Specifically stacks with all other bonus.
**+1 Flying|Magic of Faerun Pg 140|Enhancement|10,000|30 ft flight and is treated as an animated object
**Rapid Wrath|Ghostwalk Pg 66|Enhancement|3,400|Getting just the effect that doubles speed
**Intelligent Item|SRD|Intelligence|1,000|AL LG. Int 17, Wis 17, Cha 10; Telepathy. 120 ft darkvision and hearing. Ego = 14 + Enhancement bonus.
**Lesser Power 1|SRD|Intelligence|5,000|Item has 10 ranks in Diplomacy
**Lesser Power 2|SRD|Intelligence|5,000|Item has 10 ranks in Sense Motive
**Lesser Power 3|SRD|Intelligence|5,000|Item has 10 ranks in Spot
**Dedicated Power|SRD|Intelligence|50,000|Defend Unseelie Fey Frostblood Half Orcs. Item can use dimension door on itself and wielder
*Tattoo Avatar| Tattoo |Slotless Wondrous Item|3,000|(2000 gp x 1.5) Item can store 20 slots of Psionic Tattoos. Standard action to move tattoos. 1 PP to move tattoo off item
Subtotal||| 146,210 2,924|
Boot Blade (Right) |Complete Scoundrel Pg 109|Dagger|2,310|This is a shuriken that is morphed into its current form
**Intelligent Item|SRD|Intelligence|1,000|AL LG. Int 17, Wis 17, Cha 10; Telepathy. 120 ft darkvision and hearing. Ego = 14 + Enhancement bonus.
**Lesser Power 3|SRD|Intelligence|5,000|Item has 10 ranks in Spot
**Dedicated Power|SRD|Intelligence|50,000|Defend Unseelie Fey Frostblood Half Orcs. Item can use dimension door on itself and wielder
Subtotal||| 142,810 2,856|
Elbow Blade (Left) |Complete Scoundrel Pg 109|Punching dagger|2,310|This is a shuriken that is morphed into its current form
**+2 Burning|ECS Pg 266|Enhancement|32000|Creatures hit makes Ref DC 11 save or catch fire for 1d4 rounds. +2 untyped bonus to initiative. Gains Flaming property (weapon is sheathed in fire), extra 1d6 fire damage
**Lesser Power 3|SRD|Intelligence|5,000|Item has 10 ranks in Sense Motive
*Subtotal||| 174,810 3,496|
Elbow Blade (Right) |Complete Scoundrel Pg 109|Punching dagger|2,310|This is a shuriken that is morphed into its current form
**+1 Eager|MIC Pg 34|Enhancement|14,000|Gain +2 Untyped bonus to initiative. Gain +2 Untyped bonus on damage in surprise round and first round of combat as long as it's "wielded"
**+1 Warning|MIC Pg 46|Enhancement|18,000|Gain +5 Insight bonus to initiative
Subtotal||| 174,810 3,496|
Knee Blade (Left) |Complete Scoundrel Pg 109|Short sword|2,310|This is a shuriken that is morphed into its current form
Knee Blade (Right) |Complete Scoundrel Pg 109|Short sword|2,310|This is a shuriken that is morphed into its current form
Sleeve Blade (Left) |Complete Scoundrel Pg 109|Dagger|2,310|This is a shuriken that is morphed into its current form
**+1 Deflecting|Complete Warrior Pg 134|Enhancement|14,000|1/rd Ref 20 to deflect a ranged weapon or projectile
[*]Subtotal||| 156,810 3,136|
Sleeve Blade (Right) |Complete Scoundrel Pg 109|Dagger|2,310|This is a shuriken that is morphed into its current form
Poison Ring #1 |Dragon Magazine Compendium Pg 115|Light Weapon|345|This is a shuriken that is morphed into its current form
Subtotal||| 136,845 2,737|
Poison Ring #2 - #16 |As above|Light Weapon|41,054|2736.9 gp x 15
Part 1 of 2
shaikujin;15529639 said:
Continued…
Worn Gear
Arms: Armbands, bracelets, bracers
Item|Source|Type|Cost|Description
Bracelet of Bolts | Online ||300|(200 gp x 1.5) Standard action to activate Bolt power by burning 2 uses of a level 0 pionic power. Can be combined with Bracelet of Thrust to form 1 item
**+1 Armor bonus to AC|MIC Pg 234|Common effect|1,000|Basically bracers of armor and allows armor crystals
**+4 Soulfire|Book of Exalted Deeds Pg 112|Enchantment|24,000|Immunity to all death spells, magical death effects, and energy drain & any negative energy effects
**Gloryborn|DMG II|Template|150|Gain +1 Untyped bonus to AC when charging. Lasts until next turn
Iron Ward Diamond|MIC Pg 26|Lesser Armor Augment Crystal|2,000|DR 3/- that stacks with any other source. Absorbs up to 30 damage a day
*Bracers of Murder|Drow of the Underdark Pg 98||8,000|+2 Profane bonus on attack and damage rolls against flat-footed targets. Reroll any result of 1 on sneak attack and sudden strike
*Bracers of Striking (Left 1)|Magic of Faerun Pg 155||1,965|(1310 gp x 1.5) Adds ability to treat bracers as double blunt weapons
*Bracers of Striking (Right 1)|Magic of Faerun Pg 155||-|
Subtotal|||41,415
Bracelet of Thrust | Online ||200|(200 gp x 1.5) Standard action to activate Thrust power by burning 2 uses of a level 0 pionic power. Can be combined with Bracelet of Thrust to form 1 item
**+1 Armor bonus to AC|MIC Pg 234|Common effect|1,000|This allows armor crystals
Iron Ward Diamond|MIC Pg 26|Lesser Augment Crystal|2,000|DR 3/- that stacks with any other source. Absorbs up to 30 damage a day
*Bracers of Striking (Left 2)|Magic of Faerun Pg 155||1,965|(1310 gp x 1.5) Adds ability to treat bracers as double blunt weapons
*Bracers of Striking (Right 2)|Magic of Faerun Pg 155||-|
Subtotal|||9,165
Body: Armor, robes
Ghost Shroud |MIC Pg 104|Body|5,000|Grants +1 Deflection bonus to AC, all melee attacks affects incorporeal creatures as if wielding a ghost touch weapon
**+1 Armor bonus to AC|MIC Pg 234|Common effect|1,000|This allows armor crystals
Iron Ward Diamond|MIC Pg 26|Lesser Augment Crystal|2,000|DR 3/- that stacks with any other source. Absorbs up to 30 damage a day
Subtotal|||8,000
Face: Goggles, lenses, masks, spectacles, third eyes
Third Eye Conceal | SRD |Third Eye|120,000|Adding effect to Veil of Whispers. Mind Blank
Turquoise Veil|MIC Pg 212|Set item: Seven Veils (Eye)|11,000|Immunity to Blue prismatic spell effect. Can be worn concurrently with a Veil of Whispers. Worn as headband/face mask
*Veil of Whispers|MIC Pg 212|Set item: Seven Veils (Face)|10,500|(7000 gp x 1.5) Immunity to Indigo prismatic spell effect. Can be worn concurrently with a Turquoise Veil Worn as scarf/face mask
Subtotal|||141,500
Feet: Boots, sandals, shoes, slippers
Boots of Gravity|Planar Handbook Pg 82|Boots|50,400|Free action 1/round to choose direction of Gravity. Considered 60 ft per round fly unless using freefall rules
*Boots of Skating| SRD |Boots|10,500|(7000 x 1.5) +15 ft Enhancement bonus to speed. +15 ft Circumstance bonus to speed if downhill (boots of Gravity allows me to consider myself as always downhill)
*Boots of Speed| SRD |Boots|18,000|(12000 x 1.5) Free activation Haste 10 rd/day. 1 extra attack when using full attack action, +1 Untyped bonus on attack rolls, +1 Dodge bonus to AC & Reflex save, 30 ft Enhancement bonus to all movement modes
*Sandals of the Vagabond|Complete Champion Pg 142|Set Item : Garb of the Vagabond|6,000|(4000 x 1.5) +2 Luck bonus to initiative. Gain immunity to exhaustion
Subtotal|||84,900
Hands: Gauntlets, gloves
Chainmail Glove of Taarnahm the Vigilant| Online |Gauntlet|8,000|Enhancement +1, +1 Untyped bonus to initiative. Alerts possessor if any creatures within 120 that intend harm, but not the identity of the threat
*Gauntlets of Destruction|MIC Pg 192|Set item: Armor of the Watching Master|9,915|(6610 x 1.5) +2 Enhancement bonus to Str. 3/day Swift action to treat next attack as Adamantine (doesn't have to be with the gauntlet)
*Gauntlets of War|Complete Champion Pg 139||6,000|(4000 x 1.5) Gain +1 untyped bonus to melee weapon damage. Bonus increases to +3 if worshiping a Deity that grants access to the War domain and using that Deity's favored weapon
*Glove of the Master Strategist|Ghostwalk Pg 71|Gloves|5,400|(3600 x 1.5) Glove of storing. Truestrike 1/day
*Reach Gauntlets|MIC Pg 120||750|(500 x 1.5) 3/day swift action to expend 1 power point to extend melee reach by 5 ft until end of turn
*Battlefist (Left hand)|Eberron Campaign Setting Pg 268|Warforged attached component||Left gauntlet created as a Battlefist at no additional cost. 1d8 slam attack. Bludegeoining/Piercing. If wielder has Monk levels, unarmed damage increased by 1 size category. Add enhancement bonus to unarmed attack and damage rolls
*Least Crystal of Return|MIC Pg 65|Weapon Augment Crystal|300|Draw weapon as a free action
Subtotal|||40,865
Head: Circlets, crowns, hats, headbands, helmets, phylacteries
Horned Helm|AE&G Pg 133||30,000|Created as a circlet. Doubles base speed. Comes with horns that can be enhanced (morphed & sized into a round gem-like sling bullet)
*Helm of Wounding Sight|MIC Pg 193|Set item: Armor of the Watching Master|9,750|(6500 gp x 1.5) )Light at will; 3/day blinding fire cone
Subtotal|||50,250
Rings: 2
Talon Rings Left| Online ||200|Set of 8 rings that counts as a single magic ring. Using this as a precedence for wearing 8 poison rings
Talon Rings Right| Online ||200|Set of 8 rings that counts as a single magic ring. Doesn't have the exact wording like the Bracelet of Thrust though, but could be used as a precedence for wearing 8 poison rings
*Fanged Ring|Dragon Magic Pg 101||10,000|Carried in Ringsword. Grants Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Natural Attack (unarmed strike) feats. Critical hit with unarmed strike deals 1 point of Con damage.
*Ring of Anticipation|Drow of the Underdark Pg 98||6,000|Carried in Ringsword. Gain +2 Competence bonus on Listen and Spot checks. Roll twice for Initiative and take the better result
*Ring of Free Movement| SRD ||40,000|Carried in Ringsword. Freedom of movement
Subtotal|||56,400
Shoulders: Capes, cloaks, mantles, shawls
Throat: Amulets, badges, brooches, collars, medals, medallions, necklaces, pendants, periapts, scarabs, scarfs, torcs
Psionatrix of Psychometabolism |Expanded Psionics Handbook Pg 175||8,000|Grants +1 Enhancement bonus to save DCs of Psychometabolism (transparency equivalent to Transmuting school) powers. Serves as base of a stacked Psionatrix. Up to 6 can be stacked together to form 1 single item.
*Necklace of Natural Attacks #1| Online ||Amulet|900|1.5 x 600. Weapon properties can now be added to the Psionatrix
**+1 Flying|Magic of Faerun Pg 140|Enhancement|6,000|30 ft flight
Subtotal|||16,900|
Psionatrix of Concealing Amorpha |Complete Psionic Pg 112|1,620|Greater concealing amorpha (EPH 85)
*Necklace of Natural Attacks #2| Online |Amulet|900|1.5 x 600. Weapon properties can now be added to the Psionatrix
Subtotal|||4,520|
Psionatrix of Damage Repair |Complete Psionic Pg 112|1,620|Psionic repair damage (EPH 126).
*Necklace of Natural Attacks #3| Online |Amulet|900|1.5 x 600. Weapon properties can now be added to the Psionatrix
Subtotal|||4,520|
Psionatrix of Psychic Sensitivity |Complete Psionic Pg 112|1,620|Sensitivity to Psychic Impressions (EPH 131).
*Necklace of Natural Attacks #4| Online |Amulet|900|1.5 x 600. Weapon properties can now be added to the Psionatrix
Subtotal|||4,520|
Psionatrix of Stunning Energy |Complete Psionic Pg 112|1,620|Energy Stun (Complete Psionic Pg 88).
*Necklace of Natural Attacks #5| Online |Amulet|900|1.5 x 600. Weapon properties can now be added to the Psionatrix
Subtotal|||4,520|
Psionatrix of Thought Reading Complete Psionic Pg 112|1,620|Read Thoughts (EPH 128)
*Necklace of Natural Attacks #6| Online |Amulet|900|1.5 x 600. Weapon properties can now be added to the Psionatrix
Subtotal|||4,520|
Torso: Shirts, tunics, vests, vestments
Waist: Belts, girdles, sashes
Belt of battle|MIC Pg 73|Sash|12,000|+2 Competence bonus to initiative. 3 charges/day to gain move/standard/full round action
Subtotal|||12,000|

Other Equipment
Slotless Equipment
Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis|Tome of Magic Pg 156|Wondrous Item|22,000|Item disappears into flesh when activated. Grants Dark template: +10 feet to all modes of movement, Darkvision 60 ft, Superior low light vision, (Ex) Hide in Plain Sight, Resistance to cold 10, Hide +8, Move Silently +6
Psychoactive Skin of Proteus| SRD |Psychoactive Skin |84,000|Since ML is higher than 15, can Metamorphosize into any form with 15 HD
Thought Bottle|Complete Arcane Pg 150|Wondrous Item|20,000|
Heward's Handy Harversack| SRD |Wondrous Item|2,000|
Subtotal|||128,000
Potions (Consumables)
Greater Mighty Wallop|Races of the Dragon Pg 115|Wiz 3 CL 20|750|Increase damage of bludgeoning weapons by 5 size categories (max Colossal). Lasts 20 hours
Dolorous Blow|Spell Compendium Pg 70|Wiz 3 CL 20|750|Weapon's threat range doubled, threats auto-confirmed. Lasts 20 mins
Greater Magic Weapon|SRD|Wiz 3 CL 20|750|Grants +5 enhancement bonus to 1 weapon or 50 touching projectiles. Lasts 20 hours
Subtotal|||2,250
Other consumables
Sparring Dummy of the Master|AE&G Pg 137|||Makes a 10 ft adjustment whenever a 5 ft adjustment can be made
Buffs
Ran out of time, but as a note, Rorc Lee is considered to have any beneficial spells with a duration cast on him
Buff|Source|Duration|Description
Axiomatic Creature|BoED Pg 91|Permanent|1/day (Su) Smite Chaos for extra 20 damage. (Ex) Linked Minds: Telepathic communication with any axiomatic creature within 300 ft. 60 ft darkvision. SR = 25. Resistance 20 to cold, electricity, fire and sonic attacks
Incarnate: Danger Sense|SRD|Permanent|Gain +4 Insight bonus on both AC and Ref saves against traps. Gain Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge
Greater Magic Fang|SRD|Permanent|Very cheap way to get a permanent +5 enhancement bonus to unarmed attacks
Extract Gift| Fiendish Codex I Pg 92|Permanent|Without optimizing, simply choose a Succubus, which has high enough stats to grant +6 Enhancement bonus to all stats
Grafts
Mighty Arms|Faiths of Eberron Pg 158|Construct Graft|1,000|Sacrifice 2 hp. Gains slam attack. Arms and hands can be fitted with Warforged components. Cost is for 1 pair, but doing it for only 1 arm for fluff reasons
Subtotal|||1,000|
Magical Locations
Location|Source|Type|Cost|Description
Worm of Minauros|Fiendish Codex II Pg 49||8,000|Highest stat is increased by 1. Commit an act of obeisance (commited daily by following a law I consider stupid, such as polygamy) to renew it for another 30 days
Shriver|Fiendish Codex II Pg 52||30,000|Cannot be shaken/frightened/nauseated/panicked/sickened/confused/fatigued/exhausted, +2 Untyped bonus to Fort & Will saves, (Ex) Regeneration 5/Good & Chaotic. Divert cure spells cast within 100 ft. 9 points of obeisance will renew for another 99 days
Pillar of Geryon|Fiendish Codex II Pg 58||36,000|Attacks with left hand gains the following : count as Magic and Evil, +3 enhancement bonus (+6 against good or chaotic outsiders), adds 1d4 damage (if monk), 1/round counts as touch attack. Commit an act of obeisance to renew it for another 30 days.
Tabjari|Fiendish Codex II Pg 75||10,000|Melee weapons and spells deal extra 2d6 damage to chaotic outsiders. Gain +4 Untyped bonus to Knowledge and Charisma-based skill checks with regards to legal proceedings. Commit an act of obeisance to renew it for another 30 days
Cavern of Peerless Form|Secrets of Xendrik Pg 139||2,000|Gain 7 bonus PP that can only be spent on psychometabolism powers. Remains until used or revists Cavern
Crystal Node|Complete Psionic Pg 117||4,500|Power Point reserve is 5 PP higher. Remains for 1 year
Athenaeum of Boccob|Complete Champion Pg 151||2,000|Sudden Empower and Sudden
Subtotal|||92,500|
Psionic Tattoo
Type |Power Level|Slots (Max 17)|Cost|Description
Basic Circuit ||||
**Integrated Circuit |1|1|50|As a standard action, can move, join or separate tattoos using 1 PP
**Capacitor |3|1|1,250|Tapped tattoos do not fade away. Recharge at 1 PP a day using character's PP
**Transducer |3|1|1,250|Can spend PP to recharge capacitor at 1 PP for every 2 actual PP spent
**Inducer |4|2|2,400|Trigger condition: Activate linked tattoo when the its' linked capcitor has enough PP
**Amplifier |3|1|1,250|All variable, numeric effects of an amplified tattoos power are increased by one-quarter (min 1) for every 2 PP spent
Subtotal||6|6,200|
Psionic Tattoo
Type |Power Level|Slots (Max 17)|Cost|Description
Power (Reality Revision) |9|13|7,650|17 PP. CL 40. Pump 210,000 + 21,000 (from Item Familiar) Xp into this. See Notes section. Can't fit this with the rest. This is normally stored in one of the tattoo avatar weapons.
Power (Wish) |0|1|25|1 PP
Power (Surge of Fortune) |0|1|25|1 PP. Complete Champion Pg 128. +2 Luck bonus to attack/damage/saves/skill/ability/spell penetration/AC rolls. Can discharge to treat next roll as a natural 20
Power (Dimension Hop/Bestow Power) |2|1|300|2 PP. Dimension Hop Metapower Linked to Bestow Power. 4 PP to force charge capacitor, Bestow Power gives back 2 PP that do not expire
Power (Synchronocity/Bestow Power) |2|1|300|2 PP. Synchronocity Metapower Linked to Bestow Power
Subtotal|||8,300|
The higher level tattoos are actually quite large and may take up the entire torso. However, each tattoo have a connector that stretches down the arms and the connecting parts of the circuit is designed to terminate in the palm. So that the connectors can easily be reconfigured using only the thumb on that same hand.
Here's the rough layout.
Palm circuit:
PsionicTattoo_zps983ad423.jpg

Shoddy concept art
PsionicDragonTattoo1_zps0b5a8785.jpg

Demiplane "The Rorc":
Trait|Category|Chosen Trait|Description
Physical|Gravity|Subjective Directional Gravity|
  • Modeled on the Elemental Plane of Air. Changes all movement to free actions (by falling).
  • Creatures with a fly speed have their maneuverability improved by one grade
Physical|Time|Timeless with respect to aging, hunger, thirst, magic|
  • Non instantaneous spells are permanent until dispelled
Physical|Shape and Size|Finite 180 feet cube|
  • Underground with enough shafts to provide light but not enough to be considered full daylight. Underground for Earth Nodes at a later stage. No full daylight for triggering HiPS
Physical|Morphic|Magically Morphic|
  • No special properties
Elemental and Energy|Elemental|Air|
  • Modeled on Elemental Plane of Air
  • Manueverability of all creatures with flight is improved by 1 category
Elemental and Energy|Energy|Minor Positive Dominant|
  • Modeled on Ysgard.
  • Gains (Ex) Fast Healing 2.
  • Those slain on this plane, will rise each morning as if true resurrection was cast, fully healed and ready to fight anew
Alignment|Good/Evil/Lawful/Chaotic|Mildly Neutral-Aligned|
  • No special effects
Magic|Enhancement|Enhanced Magic and Psionics|
  • Modeled after Demiplane of Ectoplasm
  • All Arcane/Divine/Psionic spells/powers/effects are /Empowered/Maximized/ Quickened/Consecrated/Purified
  • All spells and powers gain the Good descriptor from being Consecrated/Purified
  • Reduce PP cost of manifesting all powers by 1 (min 1, but stacks with any other PP cost reduction)
  • Canath Trees planted every 15 ft. Each has 2-5 fruits that can serve as a single-use crystal capacitor with 1-17 PP
Magic|Limitation|Limited Magic|
  • Modeled after Outlands
  • Different effects at different locations. At certain places, even SU abilities or Divine powers are annulled
  • Default rule on the plane is that only Psionic powers with the Good descriptor is allowed. Also Dispel, Disjunctions, Antimagic and similar effects do not work unless they are also Psionic Good versions
  • I can have my trusty construct move my oak tree to any location where I want specific types of magic to be allowed
  • There's even a spot where even Psionics with the Good Descriptor is shutdown
Below are 2 layouts that will work.
1) Binary coded, where each of the green patches represent a single permutation of all possible combinations
Demiplane2_zps02467bc8.jpg

2) By overlapping zones, eg Zone 6 is for enabling Arcane Magic, 7 is for enabling Divine, Zone 9 for Psionic other than "Psionic Good", 8 is for enabling Su abilities.
So zone 12 enables both.Arcane and Divine.
Zone 3 enables Arcane, Divine & Psionics.
Zone 1 enables all.
That is for level 1.
Level 2 is almost the same, except Dietific powers are also annulled.
Level 3 is dead magic zone to everything, even Pisonic Good (this dispels the Acorn and Planar bubble before it can affect the buffs on me)
Demiplane1_zps966bfc8b.jpg

Notes
Topic|Description
All spells as arcane|
  • An arcane generic spell caster (from Unearthed Arcana and SRD) can learn any spells from any lists as arcane. This means a non-epic STP Erudite can learn any spell as long as it's lower than level 9
Reducing Wish to a level 0 spell|
  • A generic caster with the Sanctum Spell metamagic (Tome and Blood) casts a level 9 Wish outside his sanctum
  • The spell has an effective spell level 1 lower for all effects
  • A dragon with the Spellhoarding psychosis (Dragon #313 Pg 79) can counterspell this as a level 8 spell. Using its Spellcatching ability, the Dragon is able to learn Wish as an 8th level spell
  • Said dragon makes this level 8 Wish as his Sanctum spell. He exits his sanctum and casts it at another Spellhoarding dragon as a level 7 spell.
  • Using spell catching, the second dragon learns Wish as a level 7 spell. He makes this his sanctum spell, exits his sanctum and casts it at the first dragon as a level 6 spell
  • They repeat casting it on each other until they learn Wish as a level 0 spell
  • They do this for all other spells and now know all spells as level 0. Now an Erudite can convert any spells of any level
  • Unfortunately, even under Magic-Psionic transparency, Psionic Powers cannot be counterspelled, so I haven't found a way to do this for Psionic Powers yet
Converting all spells to powers|
  • Since all spells are level 0, an STP Erudite can learn all spells as level 0 powers. No worries about learning level 9 spells
  • Having established that all spells can exist as level 0 powers, this means they can be learned/taught via various means such as expanded knowledge and Psychic Chirugery
Infinite Wishes during setup|
  • Use a level 0 scroll of Wish (12.5 gp, which even a level 1 Monk can afford) to start the normal Candle of Invocation chain and get unlimited wishes plus other consumables during setup
Items that are immune to Dispel| Magic Item type and alignment|
  • All magic items are Psionic versions and have been crafted(DMG)/consecrated/redeemed(BoED) to be considered "Good" (not using the 30% cost reduction)
  • Intelligent item have Lawful Good alignment
Thought bottle|
  • It takes 500 XP to store XP into the bottle, but retrieving XP doesn't remove them from the bottle
  • Hence, it can be used an unlimited number of times to restore XP
  • Store all 230,500 xp (210,000 (level 20 + extra 20,000 from Tippy) + 21,000 xp (Item familiar) - 500 (cost of storing XP)) in a Thought Bottle
Number of Psionic Tattoo slots|
  • Took me a while to search for this due to the wording, adding this as a note to myself
  • In Psionics Handbook Pg 129, the slot limit is seventeen (17)
  • This was updated in XPH Pg 170, and increased to twenty (20)
Psionic Tattoo Reality Revision|
  • How to have a quickened Wish on tap
  • Wish for a scroll to summon a Wight or a Succubus and use that to get level drained to level 1
  • Use Thought Bottle to restore XP
  • Wish for (directly if allowed, otherwise wish for enough money to pay a Psion to inscribe) the Tattoo circuit and the Reality Revision set of Tattoos with ML 100 (using CL & ML boosting methods)
  • Supply all 230,500 XP into the Reality Revision Tattoo
  • Restore XP using Thought Bottle again
  • When this tattoo is tapped, it can produce any effect listed in the power's description, but with 230,500 XP built-in without needing more from the owner
  • Reality Revision can duplicate the effects of any power of level 6 and below (including spells converted to powers by an STP Erudite)
  • Wish for a Tatto Avatar so that I can swap it out if required
Psionic Tattoo Psychic Chirurgery|
  • Do the same for a tattoo of Psychic Chirurgery
  • When this tattoo is tapped, it can produce any effect listed in the power's description, but with 230,500 XP built-in without needing more from the owner
Psionic Tattoos|
  • Repeat for any other spell or powers that cannot be duplicated by Reality Revision
Inherent bonus to ability scores|
  • Use wishes to get +5 Inherent bonus to all ability scores
Getting PP|
  • Use a Mindfeeder weapon to Leap attack the ground until a crit is scored
  • If DM doesn't allow attacking the ground, fit the weapon with a Demolition/Truedeath crystal to attack summoned constructs/undead
  • If DM doesn't allow that either, wish for a non-intelligent flying shield (considered as an animated object) made out of Aurorum. Attack this instead, when it breaks, put it back together again
  • Since damage output is over 1,000 per hit, that equates to 200 temp PP (lasts 1 min). Flurrying with a Scimitar and Dolorous Blow, this averages to 300 PP a round
  • Activate Orange Ioun Stone, Beads of Karma and other CL tricks to get at least an ML of 10
  • Activate Reality Revision (considered level 9 and 17 PP) to manifest Bestow power (considered augmented to 17 PP). This will give 10 bonus PP that will not expire and will not go away until used
  • Recharge tattoo using temp PP. That's 100 PP after 1 min.
  • Repeat for around 1 hour, until we have at least 6,000 PP, that should get us started
  • While the mages spend their 1 hour memorizing spells daily, we will spend it smashing a brick of Aurorum to gain PP. And that's not including the PP we will gain from normal combat
  • Wish for the same set of Tattoos for my simulacrum and have him do the same whenever he is free. He will gain 14,400 PP a day and can transfer this to meNo Simulacrum
Buddy Simulacrum |
  • Wish for a scroll of simulacrumNo simulacrum, see next section
  • Use it to create a simulacra of myself. I'll call him Buddy
  • Cast a permanent Rary's Interplanar Telepathic Bond (SPC Pg 125) on Buddy and myself
Buddy Construct|
  • Hire Artificer or Mage with the Craft Construct feat to help me make a Dedicated Wright
  • Artificer supplies the feat requirements, I supply the XP
  • I shall name the Dedicated Wright "Buddy"
  • Cast a permanent Rary's Interplanar Telepathic Bond (SPC Pg 125) on Buddy and myself
Intelligent Items mental ability scores |
  • To create loyal and slightly cheaper intelligent items which are under my absolute command like a simulacrum. Not using this method since Simulacrum is banned. See next section
  • Wish for 1 gem worth 25,000 gp, plus a 2,000 gp gem for each intelligent item I intend to have
  • Wish for a scroll of Nybor's Psychic Imprint. Cast on simulacrum to store its 41 Int/Wis/Cha into the 25,000 gem
  • Tap tattoo to manifest Body Purification on simulacrum to restore stats to 19 Int, 19 Wis, 10 Cha
  • Tap tattoo to manifest Nybor's Psychic Imprint on simulacrum to store its 19 Int, 19 Wis, 10 Cha into a 2,000 gem
  • Repeat last 2 steps for the rest of the 2,000 gp gems
  • A&EG Pg 139 shows that each +1 bonus from mental stats costs 400 gp. Using Nybor's Psychic Imprint reduces this to 250 gp. That's 150 gp cheaper for each point of bonus
  • Use the 2,000 gp gems to create intelligent items. The 25,000 gp gem will be used on an Item Familiar (to avoid conflicts due to the high Ego score)
Intelligent Items using Fission instead of Simulacrum|
  • Since simulacrum is banned, I will use Nybor's Psychic Imprint on my fissioned self instead
  • Tap Reality Revision Tattoo to manifest Fission on myself
  • Tap Reality Revision Tattoo to manifest Nybor's Psychic Imprint on my Fissioned self (henceforth called Fizz to store my 41 Int/Wis/Cha into the 25,000 gem
  • Tap tattoo to manifest Body Purification on Fizz to restore stats to 19 Int, 19 Wis, 10 Cha
  • Tap tattoo to manifest Nybor's Psychic Imprint on Fizz to store its 19 Int, 19 Wis, 10 Cha into a 2,000 gem
  • Repeat last 2 steps for the rest of the 2,000 gp gems
  • A&EG Pg 139 shows that each +1 bonus from mental stats costs 400 gp. Using Nybor's Psychic Imprint reduces this to 250 gp. That's 150 gp cheaper for each point of bonus
  • Use the 2,000 gp gems to create intelligent items. The 25,000 gp gem will be used on an Item Familiar (to avoid conflicts due to the high Ego score)
Intelligent Items powers|From looking at Khazid'hea, it looks like giving speech to an intelligent item is optional, even when it has sufficiently high intelligence
[*]AE&G has several listed abilities for intelligent items and their associated costs
[*]We will cut out certain abilities to maintain Ego below 20 and prevent conflicts
[*]Ego for dedicated purpose and associated powers doesn't say "for each", so multiple powers for dedicated purposes only increase Ego once
[*]An item that does not have speech cannot have read magic
[/LIST]
Permanent spell effects 1|
  • Character is considered to have all drawback-free buff spells/powers permanently, even those normally not persistable. This is done via 2 methods.
  • Method 1 - The Master Alchemist PRC in Magic of Faerun Pg 34 can make potions up to level 9. Magic/Psionic transparency should be expand this to Psionic Powers as well
  • Potions can be made permanent here: Potion Miscibility (3.x re-hash of rules from 1.x and 2.x)
  • Yes, it's an April Fool's article, same as the Collar of Perpetual Attendance (also another April Fool's article), which some games allow. It is WOTC published material after all
  • Instruct Buddy to do the following action when I say "Eureka"
  • 1 - Use a standard action to tap the tattoo and manifest Forced Dream (Magic of Eberron Pg 104)
  • 2 - Once he exits the Time Hop that I will cast on him, see if I am showing him the thumbs up sign
  • 3 - If not, use his swift action to revert the timestream
  • I will ready an action to manifest Time Hop on him once I see him manifest Forced Dream and doesn't give me an alarmingly low number
  • I say "Eureka", then once he has manifested, use Time Hop on him and send him 2 rounds into the future.
  • I mix 2 potions and drink (1 round). If I get a permanent effect, I show the thumbs up sign and wait for my simulacrum to appear
  • If something bad happens, Buddy will reset the timeline
Permanent spell effects 2|
  • Method 2 is using a demiplane that has the timeless trait with respect to magic
Carrying over Planar Traits|
  • Create an intelligent magic Braid Blade. It should already qualify as a creature, but give it the Flying enchant so that it's treated as an Animated Object and thus a creature
  • Cast a Planar Bubble (Planar Handbook Pg 102) on the Blade Blade. Bubble starts off as a 10 ft radius emanation centered on target
  • Apply Widen (SRD). Emanation area increased by 100% to 20 ft radius
  • Apply Sudden Widen (Miniatures Handbook Pg 28). Emanation area increased by 100% to 40 ft radius
  • Cast by a Recaster (Races of Eberron Pg 157) using Metamorphic spell (space). Emanation now has a 80 ft radius
  • Use the Braid Blade to secure hair, then wrap it up securely it with a cloth hairband
  • When covered with the hairband, line of effect is blocked, so only the wearer is affected by the Planar Bubble
  • When the situation demands, remove the cloth hairband to uncover the Blade Blade and unblock line of effect
  • This will result in an 80 ft radius zone of dead magic (Except for Psionics with the Good descriptor)
On the fly adjustment of Planar traits|
  • We'll do this by using an acorn of far travels and re-positioning the oak tree
  • Grow an Oak tree on the plane
  • Polymorph it into a giant and cast Return to Nature to instantly reduce its' size enough to fit in a small flower pot
  • Dispel polymorph
  • Remove an acorn and cast Acorn of Far Travels
  • Hand pot to Buddy
  • Instruct Buddy to carry the tree to whichever location on the demiplane that corresponds to what type of magic I want nullified
  • Whenever I need, say I'm facing against a Deity, as a free action, tell Buddy to disable Deity powers
  • He will use a free action to "fall" to the corresponding location
  • This means that I can disable any magic, including Deitific powers, from affecting me (or even within 80 ft) as a free action
Free action activation of Tattoos|
  • Instead of swift action Mental taps or standard action normal taps, we will use Inducer to activate it without requiring actions
  • We'll use Surge of Fortune as an example
  • Link it to an Inducer with the activation criteria "Activate when the capacitor is filled with enough PP to activate the linked tattoo"
  • Link the tattoo to a capacitor and a transducer
  • Charge the Capacitor with 1 PP, (no action required), since the tattoo requires only 1 PP, the Inducer's criteria is met and the tattoo is activated
  • Discharge the Surge of Fortune to treat next roll as a Natural 20
  • Next attack is an auto hit, and auto crit
  • Dolourous blow auto confirms crit
  • Crits allow Mindfeeder to give temp PP (1000 damage gives 200 temp PP)
  • Use temp PP to immediately recharge SoF again without requiring any actions. Inducer sets off tattoo again. Repeat
  • All my rolls are thus a natural 20, attacks always hit, never fail saves, never fumble on 1
Converting temp PP to permanent PP|
  • PP from Mindfeeder only lasts 10 mins
  • We'll use bestow power to convert them to bonus PP (they won't recharge, but will remain until used)
  • Link Inducer to a Bestow Power tattoo and do the same.
  • Better yet, use a lower level power like Dimension Hop or Synchronocity and link that to a metapowered Bestow Power
  • The setup above requires 2 PP in the capacitor, so use 4 temp PP to charge it
  • Inducer sets it off once charged, I get either Dimension Hop or Synchronocity this round, and get back 2 bonus PP next round
  • Keep recharging and having the inducer set off until all temp PP is converted
  • Hit something else and get more Temp PP to convert
Numbers
Initiative
Source|Bonus|Bonus Type|Description
Belt of Battle|2|Competence|
Warning|5|Insight|
Sandals of the Vagabond|2|Luck|
Armor of the Watching Master set|2|Untyped|
Burning Weapon property|2|Untyped|ECS Pg 266
Eager|2|Untyped|
Ritual of Honor|1|Untyped|DMG 2 Pg 234
Ring of Anticipartion|||Roll twice for Initiative and use better result
Movement speed
Source|Bonus|Subtotal|Bonus Type|Description
Base land speed|30|30|Base humoid|
Quick|10|40|Trait|
Monk|60|100|Class|
Dark template (Land)|10|110|Racial|+10 feet to all modes of movement
Boots of Skating|15|125|Enhancement|
Boots of Skating|15|140|Circumstance|When downhill (taken care of by boots of gravity)
Boots of Speed (Land)|15|155|Enhancement|The 30 ft Enhancement from Haste over-rides the +15 from Boots of Skating, giving an extra 15 ft bonus
Fharlanghn's Badge|5|160|Special Symbol|Spells (such as Haste) that imparts or increase any mode of movement increases the target's speed by 5 ft
Horned Helm|160|320|Untyped|Doubles Base speed (Land)
Rapid Wrath|160|480|Weapon property|When not flying, apply this to land speed to triple (Horned Helm and Rapid Wrath) speed from 160 to 480
Wings|320|640 (Fly)|Unseelie Fey|(Ex) Flight at double normal speed. When flying apply Rapid Wrath to flight speed instead of land speed
Dark template (Flight)|10|650 (Fly)|Racial|+10 feet to all modes of movement
Boots of Speed (Flight)|30|680 (Fly)|Enhancement|Haste grants bonus to all movement modes, Enhancement to land speed is different from Enhancement to flight speed and stacks
Rapid Wrath|680|1,360 (Fly)|Weapon property|This is Fly speed. Doubles speed (Working around DnD doubling maths by applying to 2 different movement modes
Free movement via subjective gravity||||Using subjective gravity via demiplane or boots of gravity, free fall 500 ft as a free action on round 1, 1000 on round 2. If a move action is used, add twice flight speed to this.
Free movement via Dimension Door||||Have my 24 intelligent items continually ready an action to daisy-chain their Dimension Door power to move me where I want or out of harm's way. At ML 40, each moves me 2,000 ft
Free movement via Dimension Hop tattoo||||Psionic tattoo with Dimension hop linked to Bestow Power means that every 2 PP being converrted to non-expiring PP will allow a 10 ft teleport
Free movement via Items' flying speed||||Eg Boot blades have 30 ft flying, so have them carry me like I'm skating on air. Other items are mainly on arms, so they'll pull on my forearm and I'll fly like Superman. That's another 720 ft of free movement
Items that increase size
Source|Increase|Bonus Type|Description
Great Mighty Wallop|5|Virtual|Increase 5 categories (max Collosal)
Battlefist|1|Virtual|
Improved Natural Attack|1|Virtual|
Damage calculation
Source|Description|Damage
Base weapon (Avg) | 12d8 | 54
Enhancement | 5 | 5
Strength | | 10
Aptitude | | 1
Eager | | 2
Faithful Strike | | 6
Gauntlets of War | | 1
Galvanic Crysteel | 1 base + 5 from power | 6
Martial Discipline Weapon | | 3
Bracers of Murder | | 2
Gloryborn | | 1
Power Attack with 2 handed weapon | 2 x BAB |
Leap attack with 2 handed weapon | PA multiplier changed to 3 x BAB | 45
Leap attack * | Add 100% of PA | 45
SubTotal non crit damage | | 181
Critical (Avg) | Surge of Fortune & Dolorous Blow (auto-crit) + Kaorti Resin (x4) | 724
SubTotal with crit damage | | 905
Battle Jump | Double damage (x2) | 905
Headlong Rush | Double damage (x3) | 905
Diving charge | Double damage (x4) | 905
Valorous | Double damage (x5) | 905
Manyfanged | Quadruple damage (x8) | 2715
Total | | 6335
Tactics
All 24 Intelligent Items have 10 Diplomancy and can auto succeed with aid other, coupled with Monks having Diplomacy as a class skill, plus Surge of Fortune, that's 85 minimum.
Where that fails, superior Suggestion from Legacy Weapon
So gathering info no problem
Very adept at sneaking around, due to Dark moon disciple, HiPS, Dark template, class skills, invis, Darkstalker
So main tactic is to find info from townsfolks/sages along the way. When in the Elder Evils' strongholds, stealth, win initiative, take down anything from minions and bosses in 1 round. Greater Cleave and +25 ft reach at medium size. That's a 50 ft kill zone.
Worm that walks – He shouldn't even get a chance to discorporate into a ton of little worms, but if he did, mighty cleave chain will take care of it
Zargon – Seeing that Tippy only said Wish would work, I took the easy way out. Will disable his horn by using Reality Revision/StP Wish
Pandorym – I will diplomancy Obligatum VII into not freeing him. Due to the bonus from my magical location Tabjari, legal proceedings are my forte, so even more bonus on top of the 85 diplomancy roll.
Summary
Apologies for the lengthy build. It kinda grew out of hand as I wanted to showcase some of the items at the same time, like Weapons of Legacy, Rope Dart, Psionatrix/Amulets of Nat Attacks. Some of the others I didn't have time to expand on, so they aren't really used. But hopefully the notes section is able to give insights to some of them.
Base build with 1500 damage and no DCFS works without cheese though. I'd deliberately used the monk's bonus feats to meet the requirements.
Hope that proves that without cheese, a monk has a chassis for incredible damage potential by simply making his weapon deal 12d8 base damage (more if DM counts virtual size increase above Colossal), and he can shock trooper/ubercharge just as well, if not, better. Once you'd reached all the normal charging multipliers, base damage is the place to look at next.
It's a pain to read and edit, but making this was quite enjoyable :D

Not only has Wizards officially spoken on this matter, they didn't even think you would be confused enough to believe you could copy divine magic in this way.
Oh, hey, something I actually hadn't seen before.

It's an FAQ, though, so I'm not sure that that trumps this:
Errata said:
Errata Rule: Primary Sources When you find a disagreement between two D&D® rules sources, unless an official errata file says otherwise, the primary source is correct. One example of a primary/secondary source is text taking precedence over a table entry. An individual spell description takes precedence when the short description in the beginning of the spells chapter disagrees.
Another example of primary vs. secondary sources involves book and topic precedence. The Player's Handbook, for example, gives all the rules for playing the game, for playing PC races, and for using base class descriptions. If you find something on one of those topics from the DUNGEON MASTER's Guide or the Monster Manual that disagrees with the Player's Handbook, you should assume the Player's Handbook is the primary source. The DUNGEON MASTER's Guide is the primary source for topics such as magic item descriptions, special material construction rules, and so on. The Monster Manual is the primary source for monster descriptions, templates, and supernatural, extraordinary, and spell-like abilities.

I also discovered that the "Rules Compendium" adds the following line:
The spell to be copied must be on the copier's class spell list
However, in order for this to actually trump the other rules, it would have to be one of the following:
  • A primary source
  • Errata (which it apparently isn't)

This is, however, getting into the point where I think it can actually be said to be "ambiguous", and maybe even to the point where your position is the more sensible one. (The errata and FAQ are a ginormous clusterfuck)

My conclusions are:
  1. Excluding the FAQ and Compendium, my position is unambiguously correct unless one or more of those class features (Wizard spellcasting, Archivist spellcasting, Frost Mage) don't actually work
  2. If you put the FAQ above book text, your position is unambiguously correct.
  3. If you use the Rules compendium, your position is unambiguously correct.
  4. Whether the FAQ or Compendium do trump the other rules is not unambiguous.
  5. In an actual game of D&D, it is extremely unlikely that your Wizard will actually be allowed to use that trick to learn spells, regardless of whether the rules actually allow it.
  6. By the same token, in actual games of D&D the Archivist is probably not going to be able to use the "scroll with multiple spells on it" to learn Arcane spells
  7. It probably doesn't affect the CYOA, because (some) Dragons and Nagas can unambiguously cast Cleric spells as Arcane, so I'm not sure which spells you would want to cast as Arcane but be unable to.

Oooor, it will greatly gives GM headache, hence most tables homebrewed to discount your particular interpretation, and thus accepted as norm.

Don't ask me, though. I don't play DnD, or Pathfinder.

rules compendium First Printing October 2007 said:
The book you hold in your hands is the defi nitive guide for
how to play the 3.5 revision of the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
Roleplaying Game. Years in the making, it gathers resources
from a wide variety of supplements, rules errata, and rules
clarifications to provide an authoritative guide for playing
the D&D game. It updates and elucidates the rules, as well
as expanding on them in ways that make it more fun and
easier to play. When a preexisting core book or supplement
differs with the rules herein, Rules Compendium is
meant to take precedence. If you have a question on how
to play D&D at the table, this book is meant to answer
that question.

Players handbook, printed. July 2003.

Wizards changed their minds. You are Wrong

It's an FAQ, though, so I'm not sure that that trumps this:

It's errata, from an official source.

Unless specifically noted in the rules somewhere, like the archivist gets with non-clerical divine spells, a wizard cannot copy non-wizard spells into his spellbook.

The end.

Oooor, it will greatly gives GM headache, hence most tables homebrewed to discount your particular interpretation, and thus accepted as norm.

Don't ask me, though. I don't play DnD, or Pathfinder.
You clearly didn't actually read my list of conclusions.
me said:
5. In an actual game of D&D, it is extremely unlikely that your Wizard will actually be allowed to use that trick to learn spells, regardless of whether the rules actually allow it.
Players handbook, printed. July 2003.

Wizards changed their minds. You are Wrong
The Errata is from later than the PHB.

But... the errata is only from 2006, so it seems like you might have a point.

Then again, Heroes of Horror is from 2005, so it might actually make the Archivist's class feature not work. :p

It's errata, from an official source.

Unless specifically noted in the rules somewhere, like the archivist gets with non-clerical divine spells, a wizard cannot copy non-wizard spells into his spellbook.

The end.
No, it's an FAQ, not errata.
Merriam-Webster.com said:
Definition of ERRATA
: a list of corrigenda; also : a page bearing such a list
Merriam-Webster.com said:
Definition of CORRIGENDUM
: an error in a printed work discovered after printing and shown with its correction on a separate sheet
Since it is from 2008, and thus post-dates the Rules Compendium, it likely refers to the rule in the Rules Compendium

An important takeaway from this is that it is trivially possible for a fallacious argument to be attached to a correct conclusion.

EDIT: Or a logically sound argument to be attached to a false conclusion, if some of its premises are false.

So who would win?
Wildshape Ranger 5/Master of Many Forms 10/Warshaper 5 or a E5 Lunar? 3.5 and 2.5 for the relevant editions.

Quit being a rules lawyer about it. It's shit like this that helps to give people a bad impression of 3.PF.
The idea that understanding the rules is bad is a big part of why most RPGs have terrible rules.

Sometimes you have to sit down and let the nurse stab your arm with a needle in order to help end smallpox.

Being a Lunar. Seriously, a 20th level martial isn't ever gonna stand up to a E5 Celestial Exalt.
The Shadowmind didn't specify an XP total. This was probably an oversight, but it means the answer is almost certainly, "insufficient data" (I think it's possible to build an E5 Lunar with no relevant charms)

Anyway, a level 20 (3.5) D&D character is a starting character plus 9 weeks 4 days of full-time adventuring, so it's probably best to compare the characters like that.

The Shadowmind didn't specify an XP total. This was probably an oversight, but it means the answer is almost certainly, "insufficient data" (I think it's possible to build an E5 Lunar with no relevant charms)

Anyway, a level 20 (3.5) D&D character is a starting character plus 9 weeks 4 days of full-time adventuring, so it's probably best to compare the characters like that.

Assume an exp for the Lunar, based on a reasonable amount that would be earned in the time that powerofvoid stated.

Assume an exp for the Lunar, based on a reasonable amount that would be earned in the time that powerofvoid stated.
Exalted doesn't have a good XP-to-time mapping, other than "long-term idling", which is "zero XP for time periods less than a season"

XP gain is based on metagame measures:
  • 4 XP per 4-5 hour gameplay session (out-of-game time)
  • 1 XP for coming up with something cool
  • 1 XP per session if there was a successful 3-die stung
  • 5 XP for significant story goals
  • Variable amounts of XP for in-game time, generally on the order of 10 XP per fifteen month year. (a month is always exactly 4x 7-day weeks in Exalted)
I would have to check the training times on Lunars, but that might be a good reference.

EDIT: Four more concerns:
  1. How do you convert the numbers from Exalted to numbers for D&D?
  2. What are the parameters of battle?
  3. Should the builds know they're going into this fight?
  4. What are the limitations on allocating the D&D character's WBL?

Well, that's not gonna line up right. Exalted get XP at different rates depending on what they are, PCs or NPCs. Plus, training times are a thing too. So, 10 weeks, for one of the Exalted, might get them to E3, if they had the XP to train that long non-stop.

Edit: That's 3e, btw.

Two problems with using Exalted 3e:
  • I don't have the Exalted 3e rules to look into
  • The question was about Exalted 2.5

Hmm, I misread the original post and thought he meant 2e and 3e for Exalted.

Anyway, with a 2e Lunar, it gets even worse. They're higher in power than in 3e.

Hmm, I misread the original post and thought he meant 2e and 3e for Exalted.

Anyway, with a 2e Lunar, it gets even worse. They're higher in power than in 3e.
What about an e5 Lunar who has only the bare minimum starting number of charms, and they are all the worst possible charms for the scenario?

What about an e5 Lunar who has only the bare minimum starting number of charms, and they are all the worst possible charms for the scenario?

Never happen.

The book has guidelines on how XP gets spent. 4:3:2:1 for Charms:Abilities:Attributes:Essence, respectively. For an Exalt to be E5, they have to have spent a minimum of 288 + 213 + 144 + 72 XP. And that's the absolute minimum, without ever raising Willpower beyond what they start with. Assuming they start with 5 WP and increase it to 10(which is normal for an E5 Exalt), thats 280:210:140:70 additional XP.

Never happen.

The book has guidelines on how XP gets spent. 4:3:2:1 for Charms:Abilities:Attributes:Essence, respectively. For an Exalt to be E5, they have to have spent a minimum of 288 + 213 + 144 + 72 XP. And that's the absolute minimum, without ever raising Willpower beyond what they start with. Assuming they start with 5 WP and increase it to 10(which is normal for an E5 Exalt), thats 280:210:140:70 additional XP.
Is that 2e?

Exalted doesn't have a good XP-to-time mapping, other than "long-term idling", which is "zero XP for time periods less than a season"

XP gain is based on metagame measures:
  • 4 XP per 4-5 hour gameplay session (out-of-game time)
  • 1 XP for coming up with something cool
  • 1 XP per session if there was a successful 3-die stung
  • 5 XP for significant story goals
  • Variable amounts of XP for in-game time, generally on the order of 10 XP per fifteen month year. (a month is always exactly 4x 7-day weeks in Exalted)
I would have to check the training times on Lunars, but that might be a good reference.

EDIT: Four more concerns:
  1. How do you convert the numbers from Exalted to numbers for D&D?
  2. What are the parameters of battle?
  3. Should the builds know they're going into this fight?
  4. What are the limitations on allocating the D&D character's WBL?

1. We will use training time then. The limiting factor for the Exalted quests I've read seems to also be training times, while EXP was plentiful. So 67 days of training time.
Use lift capacity for strength of force. Lava bath immersion, before immunities for durability. And, other "How well does X handle this task?" to see how powerful they are at the task.

2. We can try different starting areas. Only factor is fight continues until one of them is permanently dead.
Assume the Wildshaper is built on 36-point buy, instead of rolled stats.​
3. Neither know of the other when the fight starts.

4. The Wildshaper starts with Standard WBL for a 20th level character spent. No WBL tricks for infinite money allowed.

Yes. In 3E, Essence cannot be increased manually, it increases as XP is spent on other things. E5 requires 300 XP to be spent(not accumulated). But, we don't know what the XP costs are for Lunars in E3, just Solars, so.

Yes. In 3E, Essence cannot be increased manually, it increases as XP is spent on other things. E5 requires 300 XP to be spent(not accumulated). But, we don't know what the XP costs are for Lunars in E3, just Solars, so.
Okay, I found the section. It only specifically applies to "Elder Exalts", but it seems like a good start.

Character Creation: Increasing Essence on a Lunar costs 10 points, and starting with E2 seems bad, so E3 to start.

Advancing to E4 costs 27 XP, and to E5 costs 36 XP, so that's 63 XP per "1". That's 108 XP spent on charms at E3, and 144 XP spent on charms at E4

Charms cost 10/12 XP, so that's +9-10 charms at E3 and +12-15 charms at E4, and Chargen is 8 charms/knacks, with likely +1 from BP, so, a total of 17-19 E3 charms and 12-15 E4 charms

We'll assume the maximum number, and just call that extra XP beyond, and say 19 E3-or-less charms, and 15 E4-or-less charms.

3 * 63 = 189xp on abilities and specialties; 2x63 = 126xp on attributes, which is +31-42 dot^2 is 42 dot^2 in caste/favored attributes

If we just naively try to maximize the physical attributes, we go STR 1 DEX 5 CON 5 at chargen, then spend 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 dot^2 to bring STR up to 5, and still have 32 dot^2 left over to futz with other things. If we allocate 5/1/1 to social, and 5/3/1 to mental, or vice-versa, it doesn't really matter, we see that we can max all but one attribute.

I have never actually fucking played a Lunar, so I don't actualy know where to go from here.

Been a whole lot easier since the witch left town
It's been a whole lot happier without her horns around
Nobody upstairs gonna chant and scream
Nobody at midnight gonna break into my dream

She hold the crossbow while you roll Perform
She want a cohort made of Bahamut and Aragorn
Been a whole lot easier since the witch is gone
Little Miss, Little Miss, Little Miss Cambion

Ain't nobody gonna bow no more when you bind demons
What'cha gonna do to get into another one of these inspirin' Bard songs?

Other peoples thoughts they ain't your Twitter feed
Would it be so bad to simply not mind-read
You cook so well, all eye of newt
You do you brain surgery too, mama with a high hard boot

I hope that rumor, gonna make you rage
I hope you hear this song and it imposes Disadvantage
I take that back, I hope your still alive
And if I had a stronghold I might give you half the tithe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back