• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Got a new phone, its stylizing posts on the website as though I'm on my PC :(

Cambrian

The Pimperor - Inspirational as Fuck
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, and also might not be anything anyone can do to help me on this end with this issue, but figured I'd at least ask to see if there's something obvious I'm missing.

Basically, I got a new phone today. It's about a quarter to half an inch longer than my old phone was.

As a result, when I try to read QQ (or SB for that matter) on its side, I wind up with a lot of deadspace. Here are pictures of what QQ looked like on each phone:

image.png

image.png

As you can see, on the old phone all of a post's text was stretched across the entire width of the screen, making use of all available space with the username as an unobtrusive bar at the top.

On the new phone, the username bar is on the side and continues ALL the way down every post, basically cutting the space for a given post's text by 2+ inches. This is how it is on PC too, which is fine because I have 27 inch screens. But on a smartphone screen, it's a pretty irritating loss of screen space.

Just wondering if there's an easy fix to this that I'm missing, or if it's just something I have to learn to deal with on QQ and SB as the cost of getting a slightly longer phone lmao.

I would check the browser settings and make sure desktop site is deactivated otherwise idk

I would check the browser settings and make sure desktop site is deactivated otherwise idk

Alas, I checked and I did indeed already have desktop site deactivated. Turning it on and then off again changed nothing v.v

Xenforo detects the available width of the screen and uses that to determine whether the sidebar is displayed or not. Easiest way to change it would be a userscript like Greasemonkey.

Try changing the skin, maybe?

Mobile browsers aren't all that customizable; big tech hates giving users any control if they can help it.

Your best bet would be to switch to Firefox as it allows addons on mobile and install Tampermonkey to create a user script. However, sandboxing on Firefox mobile is currently non-existent, and the ui sucks.

The next best option would be to try another Chromium browser and hope it works.

This is assuming you're on Android, lol. Should have probably started with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back