• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

How to disable 'Paste as plain text' as the default option?

Bre Karn

(Very Slow) Writer of Glorious Smut
It's pretty irritating and unergonomic to have to uncheck the 'paste as plain text' option in rich editor mode each and every time I open a tab. Is there a way to turn it off permanently?

Yes. I'm a writer, and I'm posting formatted story posts most posts. Having to go through and reformat a 5000 word post every day is obscenely annoying.

From a brief look at your post history you are greatly overestimating the amount of story posts you make. However, even if you did make most posts full formatted, what is to stop you from pasting it once more after you toggle plain text mode off?

Nothing other than whether an admin wants to. Overstating the amount of trouble it causes you is hardly going to help your argument for it though.

Oh also one more thing: turning off paste as plaintext doesn't turn it off. That's the big problem.

So, what exactly do you need to turn it off every single time for?
I do a lot of copy-pasting of formatted documents between Word files and the board - character sheets, etc. and forget to turn it off half the time I open a new window. It's a few precious seconds wasted every time.

I kinda like having pasted text being an accurate copy of what I selected, and not having to go through loops, however small, to make it happen.

Is it not a good reason? As I said, poor ergonomics.

I might be a bit of an odd duck then, because I prefer to layout a post that requires formatting in a text editor with the proper BBCode and then paste it.

All that's left now is whether tehelgee or alethiophile are willing to alter it. (Can't remember if we have alerts on this board or not.)

I never use the rich-text editor, so I can't comment as to its behavior. It's possible the default is tunable; I'll take a look sometime this weekend.

I find the solution to be to simply paste only into the BBCode editor personally...

I think that the main issue here isn't that it's annoying to click the button. The issue is that some people don't know about it and are frustrated about the whole deal.

It took me several times of copying stuff and then reformatting them before I found out about the paste as text button, and only yesterday I told another user about it after he copied something from our conversation and it lost all formatting.*

For the sake of new users, this option shouldn't be on by default.

*That's the case I'm talking about:
Recently, HT has been helping me with making new spells for everyone's favorite Cyber Girl (As well as classifying them and a system to make spell use simpler). So, let us know what you guys think! (I will come up with fancier names later)

Basic spells:

Lightning Bolt (Hitscan/long ranged) : A basic yet strong bolt of lightning. Only one hand is needed to use it but can be fired from both of Ene's hands simultaneously.

Lightning Torrent (Hitscan/Maintained/short ranged) : (Think force lightning from star wars): A variant of lightning bolt in which Ene launches a continuous stream of lightning to her foe. A powerful spell yet it drains Ene's mana like none other. She can't keep it going for too long. Requires both hands for now.

Lightning Grenade (Projectile/AoE): Ene collects her magic in her hands, ultimately forming a volatile ball of explosive lightning that explodes after a few seconds of being thrown. There's no shrapnel in the grenade but it does have a good blast radius. Requires both hands.

Lightning Rider (Maintained/Enchantment - self):
Ene creates a magnetic charge between her and the ground, allowing her to slide over it like on rollerblades. It increases her speed and allows her to move unimpeded through rough ground types like mud or ice (Though not on stuff like water). This type of movement is bad for rocky areas and can only be used when the ground is relatively flat.

Charge spells:

Each of these spells transfer a charge from Ene to the object/person she is casting the spell on, reducing her number of current charges by the cost of the spell until it expires. Whenever a charged spell expires Ene regains the charges she spent on it.

Lighting Bind (Charge Enchantment - other):
Charge cost: 1
Ene sends her lightning to dance around someone's weapon, creating a magical lightning charge on that weapon that will be expended the next time that weapon wielder hits something to deliver a powerful shock.

Lightning Rune (Charge Trap):
Ene causes an area to be charged with electricity, shocking the first person who steps into it. The rune is highly visible and crackles with energy so it's not effective as an actual trap, but it can be used with the help of an enemy or in order to block off a corridor. Ene can detonate the trap whenever she would want to (and the shock radius is bigger than the trigger radius).

Making the rune takes a bit of time from distance (and can't be done on the ground someone is standing on). If Ene is making the rune on a location she can touch it's made much faster. She can intentionally suppress the trap, letting her allies walk over it without being hurt.

As a cyber girl Ene had read about runes online, and so her lighting rune actually looks genuine!
(Not that any of the other group members would be able to recognize that).

Linked Charge (Hitscan/long ranged/charge enchantment):
Charge cost: 1 charge (for 2 people linked).
Ene fires a bolt of lightning that charges the enemies body with either positive or negative charge. Once two enemies are charged with different types of charges the electricity will flow from one of them to the other, damaging both of them. The closer they are to each other, the more damage will be dealt, effectively forcing them to stay away from each other if they don't want to be hurt.

This is not a limitless ability and the charges will expend themselves after a set amount of damage has been done, but the enemies affected have no way of knowing that and so the pain might keep them away from each other.

Electricity Sphere (Charge enchantment - self):
Creates a floating orb of electricity that circles around Ene. The orb will protect her from attacks, zapping whoever attacked Ene with an electric current, hurting the enemy and pushing them back.

The knockback/damave depends on the amount of metal the enemy is attacking with. An enemy that attacks with a longsword or a gauntlet will be blown away while an end that attacks with a spear won't be pushed back as much. Against enemies that don't attack with metal at all the sphere will only shock them, but won't push them away to a significant distance.

The orb will also protect from up to 2 weak ranged attacks before expending its full power. (Weakranged attacks are arrows, throwing daggers and bolts. Heavier ranged attacks like heavy bolts,throwing axes or throwing spears will expend the entire charge).

Also, DrZero7114.
QQ has this weird thing where it destroys your formatting when you copy stuff. In order to avoid it you can press the 4rd button from the top left (the one with the clip board and T, that is automatically pressed already) and it will allow you to copy things with enhancements like bolding and underlining.

Here:
Maximum umber of charges: 2

Basic spells:
Lightning Bolt (Hitscan/long ranged) : A basic yet strong bolt of lightning. Only one hand is needed to use it but can be fired from both of Ene's hands simultaneously.

Lightning Torrent (Hitscan/Maintained/short ranged) : (Think force lightning from star wars): A variant of lightning bolt in which Ene launches a continuous stream of lightning to her foe. A powerful spell yet it drains Ene's mana like none other. She can't keep it going for too long. Requires both hands for now.

Lightning Grenade (projectile/AOE): Ene collects her magic in her hands, ultimately forming a volatile ball of explosive lightning that explodes after a few seconds of being thrown. There's no shrapnel in the grenade but it does have a good blast radius. Requires both hands.

Lightning rider (Maintained/enchantment - self):
Ene creates a magnetic charge between her and the ground, allowing her to slide over it like on rollerblades. It increases her speed and allows her to move unimpeded through rough ground types like mud or ice (Though not on stuff like water). This type of movement is bad for rocky areas and can only be used when the ground is relatively flat.

Charge spells:
Each of these spells transfer a charge from Ene to the object/person she is casting the spell on, reducing her number of current charges by the cost of the spell until it expires. Whenever a charged spell expires Ene regains the charges she spent on it.

Lightinig bind (Charge enchantment - other):
Ene sends her lightning to dance around someone's weapon, creating a magical lightning charge on that weapon that will be expended the next time that weapon wielder hits something to deliver a powerful shock.

Lightning rune (Charge trap):
Ene causes an area to be charged with electricity, shocking the first person who steps into it. The rune is highly visible and crackles with energy so it's not effective as an actual trap, but it can be used with the help of an enemy or in order to block off a corridor. Ene can detonate the trap whenever she would want to (and the shock radius is bigger than the trigger radius).

Making the rune takes a bit of time from distance (and can't be done on the ground someone is standing on). If Ene is making the rune on a location she can touch it's faster. She can intentionally suppress the trap, letting her allies walk over it without being hurt.

As a cyber girl Ene had read about runes online, and so her lighting rune actually looks genuine!
(Not that any of the other group members would be able to recognize that).

Linked charge (Hitscan/long ranged/charge enchantment):
Charge cost: 1 charge (for 2 people linked).
Ene fires a bolt of lightning that charges the enemies body with either positive or negative charge. Once two enemies are charged with different types of charges the electricity will flow from one of them to the other, damaging both of them. The closer they are to each other, the more damage will be dealt, effectively forcing them to stay away from each other if they don't want to be hurt.

This is not a limitless ability and the charges will expend themselves after a set amount of damage has been done, but the enemies affected have no way of knowing that and so the pain might keep them away from each other.

Electricity sphere (Charge enchantment - self):
Creates a floating orb of electricity that circles around Ene. The orb will protect her from attacks, zapping whoever attacked Ene with an electric current, hurting the enemy and pushing them back.

The knockback/damave depends on the amount of metal the enemy is attacking with. An enemy that attacks with a longsword or a gauntlet will be blown away while an end that attacks with a spear won't be pushed back as much. Against enemies that don't attack with metal at all the sphere will only shock them, but won't push them away to a significant distance.

The orb will also protect from up to 2 weak ranged attacks before expending its full power. (Weakranged attacks are arrows, throwing daggers andbolts. Heavier ranged attacks like heavy bolts,throwing axes or throwing spears will expend theentire charge).
Don't ask me why QQ does this sort of thing by default ~_~

Thank you for the clarification, HT!

And the formatting thing too. That's been the bane of my existence when I write sheets...

Belatedly, have looked through the TinyMCE options and changed something which looked relevant. People who use this should say if it's preferable now. Forum will be going down soon, so may have to wait until the upgrade is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back