• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

I have an idea for a different kind of Quest.

Specifically, one with more than one protagonist.

Not even sure if this is possible, but I had the idea of two or more SIs dropping into the Wormverse, either taking over the bodies of background (or foreground) characters, or starting out with new OCs. Each SI has (reasonably) full knowledge of the setting. But they don't know that the other(s) are there, and they aren't in contact. So as far as each of them knows, they alone know what's going to happen.

If I ran this, I'd have to keep those people voting for one SI separate from those voting for another, so they don't simply collude and work together.

In short, I want confusion, and people working at cross-purposes. And of course, everyone has a different idea of how to fix the 'Verse. Or one guy might be trying to fix it, while another might be just trying to screw every sexy chick in Worm.

I'm thinking of calling it Too Many Cooks. Mwahaha.

Thoughts?
I'm actually currently doing something for two ASOIAF quests I'm running. Granted, there's more obvious reasons as to why Rhaegar Targaryen and Gregor Clegane would be at cross purposes, but that is complicated when its SIs don't have as much reason to be limited by IC constraints as SIs already have OOC knowledge. What you could do, if they should happen across each other, is write it so that they don't like each other, or are otherwise confrontational IC. Or at the very least they could have 'bad first impressions' on each other. But PMing works too.

It wasn't supposed to happen like this. You even checked the university library, and the few papers you could find about trigger events didn't say anything about weird dreams of being a giant man-eating flying lizard.

Whatever. You have powers. This is your ticket out of mediocrity, and the weird dreams won't get in your way. Nothing will.

Your name is Emily, and you can spit fire.

~ Spitfire Quest (Worm x D&D) ~

Initial Quest Decisions:

It is March 1st, 2011. You are:

[_] A wilting wallflower at Winslow (age 15). "Oh-em-gee, did you hear what Emma did?"

[_] Enrolled in Dragon's experimental remote-presence classroom project at Claredon (age 16; school will not be relevant to the story). "Lecture in 3… 2… 1… beep. Good morning class!"

[_] A precocious coed at UC Avery (age 17). "Hey babe, what's your major?"

[_] Fucking done with school, that's what I am (age 18). "Man, the economy in this town sucks."

Your home is:

[_] An orphanage, and you have no friends there. The dragon in your dreams nods wisely. "Adventurer, yup."

[_] An orphanage, and you think of the other kids as your little brothers & sisters. The caretakers and workers are really nice, too.

[_] A run-down apartment where you and Mom live. She's tired all the time, but she does her best for you.

[_] Basically the third layer of Hell, I mean my god, Brad won't stop being a brat for even five minutes, and Daddy won't buy you a car, and Mom won't even let you go out at night without checking in with her multiple times. Why don't they trust you or give you any privacy? I mean, like, you're practically an adult!

Using the 4e HP rules:

Your base HP is your Constitution score.

At first level, add your max HD value (+8 because yours is a d8).

Every level above that, gain a fixed small number of HP based on your HD (+2 because yours is a d8).

Expect human NPCs to have at least 10 hp each, more if they train harder (+Con) and have combat experience (+level). Brutes have even more, of course.

Classes and Levels: Dragonfire Adept 1 // Rogue 1

Ability scores: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8

Str:
Dex:
Con:
Int:
Wis:
Cha:

HP: (Con score, +8 class, +1 dragontouched feat)

BAB (medium): +0

Fort:
Ref:
Will:
- Special: +1 to saves vs. Sleep or Paralysis effects (Dragontouched feat)

Skills: ??/level (8 base, +1 human, + int); x4 at 1st level
Appraise (Int)
Balance (Dex)
Bluff (Cha)
Climb (Str)
Concentration (Con) ***
Craft (Int)
Decipher Script (Int)
Diplomacy (Cha)
Disable Device (Int)
Disguise (Cha)
Escape Artist (Dex)
Forgery (Int)
Gather Information (Cha)
Hide (Dex)
Intimidate (Cha)
Jump (Str)
Knowledge (all) (Int)
Listen (Wis)
Move Silently (Dex)
Open Lock (Dex)
Perform (Cha)
Profession (Wis)
Search (Int)
Sense Motive (Wis)
Sleight of Hand (Dex)
Speak Language
Spellcraft (Int)
Spot (Wis)
Swim (Str)
Tumble (Dex)
Use Magic Device (Cha)
Use Rope (Dex)

Proficiencies:
- Rogues are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. Rogues are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.
- Dragonfire Adept Invocations are subject to arcane spell failure from wearing armor or a shield.

Human: (+1 Skillpoint/level, +1 feat)
Level 1:
- Sneak Attack +1d6
- Breath Weapon 1d6 (fire)
- Trapfinding
- Skill points (??):
- Invocation (least):
- Feat:
- Human feat:
- Dragonfire bonus feat: Dragontouched (+1 HP; +1 to Listen, Search and Spot checks; +1 to saves vs. Paralysis or Sleep)

All the stuff in the SRD: http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/feats.htm

… plus whatever else we want to add. Some initial ideas from splatbooks:

ENTANGLING EXHALATION [Breath] (from Races of the Dragon)
Prerequisites: Dragonblood subtype, breath weapon

Benefit: When you use your breath weapon, you can choose to enmesh all creatures in its area instead of producing its normal effect. Your breath weapon deals only half its normal damage; however, any creature that takes damage from your breath weapon becomes entangled and takes an extra 1d6 points of damage, of the same energy type as normally dealt by your breath weapon, each round at the start of your turn. This effect lasts for 1d4 rounds.

DRAGONFIRE STRIKE [Draconic] (from Dragon Magic)
Prerequisite: Cha 11, Dragonblood subtype, sneak attack

Benefit: When you gain extra damage from sneak attack, you can choose for the extra damage to be fire damage and increase the extra damage by +1d6. Make this choice for each attack after the attack is resolved but before damage is rolled. This is a supernatural ability.

Notes:

- I'm going to need help running this. Write-ins are welcome.

- The start of this Quest is right before Emily meets the Undersiders & Faultline.

- Emily is level 1/1. She's going to advance in both classes over time, but right now she has no overt abilities other than her canon power.

- She does not have control over her character build choices: we do. She will just have to deal with the consequences of our choices as best she can.

- The source of her powers is not a Shard.

- For the most part, her abilities are being played straight (not adapted). For example, she is proficient with spears and crossbows, but not guns. Ranks in Drive must be bought cross-class.

- An exception to the above is Knowledge skills. We'll use the Knowledge skills from d20 Modern: http://systemreferencedocuments.org...paper/modern/smack/skillsorder.html#knowledge

- The dragon who occasionally talks to her in her dreams claims to be both magical and from the future. This makes no sense and she thinks he's probably lying, but she doesn't know why.

- This is not a Gamer crossover: loot must be carried manually, she does not get a pop-up with ability score buffs,

- There are no magic items. There is no Use Magic Item skill, nor is there a Spellcraft skill. Anything which requires ranks in those skills, just ignore that requirement.

Compared to others of your kind, you are... young, having hatched from your egg for a short period of time. A hundred revolutions of the world around its primary sun.

As you had grown, you had listened to the songs and endless words of your people across the aether, that long darkness between worlds.

You had forged yourself a body that you could be proud of, hewing to some of their advice and not others, for they were mutually incompatible.

Drinking deep of the dark matter that was just out of phase, your alternate body too was formed based on your kin's advice, much like your primary body's development. It would take but mere concentration to pull it out from where it rested elsewhere in the alternate realm of shadow mass and energy.

You were hesitant to do so, despite the fact that it was now complete. For in doing so, you would signal your intent to swim in the darkness between stars. To ply the endless tides of gravity and exotic particles, where the light of the stars and their worlds are faint pinpricks in an endless darkness.

And yet, it was your right to do so, to take to the dark heavens.

Perhaps, you might find yourself some pets or crew as some of your kind called them. Ones whom you could mimic with your primary body. You heard that having pets or a crew provided your kind with benefits... something about a beast two heads or something like that. You can't quite make out the babbling there.

Part of your hesitation is the knowledge that your kin are NOT the only ones out there... that the pets or crew have in some cases created imitation of your kind, or as some whisper darkly... have hollowed out the minds of their owners and taken over. And then there are the more fantastical stories of strange cousins of your people plying the darkness between stars silent save for when they attacked.

- - -
Dark Heavens | Space Ship Girls
000 : Introduction

- - -​

Your alternate body type is:
[X] A swift and sneaky predator [Submarine]
- Medium Weaponry, Low Armor/Defense, Medium Endurance, High Speed, Medium Maintenance, Special: In-system point to point FTL
[X] A dreadful hunter with massive weapons [Cruiser]
- Heavy Weaponry, Heavy Armor/Defense, High Endurance, Medium Speed, Low Maintenance, Special: Extremely Fast Self Repair
[X] You are big, and you know it [Battleship]
- Very Heavy Weaponry, Very Heavy Armor/Defense, High Endurance, Low Speed, High Maintenance, Special: Powerful! Main Gun
[X] You have lots of friends [Parasite Craft Carrier]
- Low Weaponry, Heavy Armor/Defense, High Endurance, Low Speed, High Maintenance, Special: Disposable Parasite Crafts
[X] Pacifistic [Cargo/Merchant]
- Low Weaponry, Very Heavy Armor/Defense, Very High Endurance, Medium Speed, Low Maintenance, Special: High Cargo/Crew Capacity and Extremely Low Fuel Requirements

Notes : This is pretty much an original type setting based on Tenchi Muyo, Mecha Musume, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, and Kantai Collection. The "stats" as it were provide a bonus OR penalty to the dice roll.

FTL travel outside of the swift and sneaky predator requires that you exit the solar system you're in before you can engage the FTL drives.

This dice table is so liberated from Chibi-Reaper's Oni Quest. :3

>Any Doubles: such as 11,22,33, etc, You win~
>00: You win twice. You are so awesome.
>91-99: Stupidly Successful
>61-90: Successful
>41-60: Neutral
>11-40: Not So Good
>02-10: Terrible
>01: This is so terrible that IT JUST MIGHT WORK! (reroll)

The above table subject to modifications to a simple d100, anything that comes out less or more than one or one hundred is treated as one or one hundred, but you only reroll once. Rolling one twice is... unpleasant.

Bonuses and penalties are applied before counting doubles or looking at the table.

Analysis:

- Medium Weaponry, Low Armor/Defense, Medium Endurance, High Speed, Medium Maintenance, Special: In-system point to point FTL
-- In system PTPFTL is really strong, and this is the only high speed option. Mover powers go!

[] A dreadful hunter with massive weapons [Cruiser]
- Heavy Weaponry, Heavy Armor/Defense, High Endurance, Medium Speed, Low Maintenance, Special: Extremely Fast Self Repair
-- My second favorite choice, very rugged and tough with high/average qualities otherwise. Less risk than the sub for less reward

[] You are big, and you know it [Battleship]
- Very Heavy Weaponry, Very Heavy Armor/Defense, High Endurance, Low Speed, High Maintenance, Special: Powerful! Main Gun
-- I am skeptical of the value of this over the cruiser, in that she goes from a low attention girl to a harbor queen for questionable levels of benefit

[] You have lots of friends [Parasite Craft Carrier]
- Low Weaponry, Heavy Armor/Defense, High Endurance, Low Speed, High Maintenance, Special: Disposable Parasite Crafts
-- An interesting choice, but a Carrier with no support fleet seems risky to pull off. Low Speed means we are not that great at the kiting game we would like to play.

[] Pacifistic [Cargo/Merchant]
- Low Weaponry, Very Heavy Armor/Defense, Very High Endurance, Medium Speed, Low Maintenance, Special: High Cargo/Crew Capacity and Extremely Low Fuel Requirements
-- Boooooo. Enemies are for Killing.

-Space Ninja time!

Do note that I likely will make edits to the ship specs if/when I do up a thread

Hunger...

As your conscious slowly trickles back to you you notice how dark everything is and a tantalizing smell in the air.

Feed...

Your body feels sluggish and wet like you're moving through mud only you know its not. A small light shines further ahead of wherever you are and you move towards it. As you get closer you can tell its coming from above you. Finally you step into the light and notice you are in some kind of tunnel filled with an unknown crimson liquid. You notice sounds coming from above as well, moaning in fact.

A sudden pain jolts through your head and you remember:

[X] A lab, guns, pain and then darkness...
[X] A morgue, two people about to cut you open...
[X] The great void that is space itself, screams, then nothing...

As you the pain stops you:

[X] proceed through the tunnel
[X] Find some way to reach the light above.
[X] other

Well I decided to revisit an old idea I had for a quest and decided to combine it with a another idea I had for quest. Planewalker zombie/necromorph/living virus/etc. time to infect the multiverse or not

Okay, Tomb Raider Quest idea: Lara Croft is a jumping climbing shooting killing super-woman in a beat up tanktop, killing her way through an entire island of cultists and monsters. You... play as Doctor Whitman, TV documentary personality and Kind Of A Big Deal. If you want to survive, smart money is on ingratiating yourself to the teenage Whirlwind of Death, but can your pride allow you to?

The prologue is the boat ride over. You're never going to be more than a fledgling baby bird in the wild, but you get some options about what Skills to boost.

Do you figure out how to gut that goddamn fish from Jonah? Small XP boosts whenever you manage to kill an animal and skin it, grimacing and shuddering all the while.
Do you wonder why the scene framework is being done by some college grad student, and go try to talk to Sam? Try and take back control of your own life in front of the camera! Grants XP boosts from Social XP.
Do you ask Angus 'Grim' Grimaldi about that time he killed a man? Communing with somebody from Tomb Raider Glasgow will prepare you well for your future role of talking to crazed murderers.
Do you try and mentor your young, disturbingly talented protege? Mysterious Stranger perk, Lara Croft edition; once per day, you can scream "Help me, Lara!" and Lara Croft somehow appears in the nick of time to haul your fat from the fryer.

What about goals?
Did you sink all your money into this expedition, and need it to succeed?
Did you talk your wife into calling it a 'break' instead of a divorce, and are determined to get back there and woo that marvelous woman like you did when you were 20?
Do you recognize Lara's scary genius, and move to ingratiate yourself with this next big star as a mentor? Then you can just ride her coattails back into the spotlight within five years! Whitman and Croft, has a nice ring to it, eh?

Doctor Whitman Quest. Do you take the canon route, and try and leverage your sparkling personality to get the crazed Solarii cultists to do what you want? Do you try and dispose of Matthias and take over? Seduce the Sun Queen? Do you bumble along after Lara, trying to be the big hero, a role you are absolutely not suited for? Do you reocognize that each of the Endeavor survivors possesses a great skillset, and only by keeping everyone alive do you have a hope of combining into Voltron and escaping this island? Do you go hide in a cave and catch blind little cave fish like Jonah taught you on the way over, and live?

Do you recognize that each of the Endeavor survivors possesses a great skillset, and only by keeping everyone alive do you have a hope of combining into Voltron and escaping this island?

Is there any other option?

I'll form the Head!

Hive Academy Quest

>.>

<.<

So I started a thing. Not that good a writer but here's a quest where you're playing a random metahuman in Hive Academy

There is no victory in strength....but intellect is a different matter altogheter

[*]​

"Big Brother!" Nunnally cried, her tear-stained voice filling the dying emperor with both relief, for it was finally the end, and shame, for he couldn't bear to see his beloved sister sad. "I love you!"

"I...know." Drawing a last breath even with his ruptured lungs he raised one trembling hand to wipe away her tears, Nunnally's eyes widening in shock at the simple, loving gesture.

As darkness creeped in from the edges of his vision looked up at the sky, a content bloodstained smile on his face. "I...destroyed the world...and create it...anew."

Then he closed his eyes, and Lelouch Vi Britannia fell fully into the darkness.

====

He didn't know how long he stayed like that, simply drifting away deprived of all sensorial feelings as if he was a rock at the bottom of the ocean. He didn't think, he didn't feel, he didn't remember. Everything was blocked, outside of his reach.

Then, finally, a change: light blossomed in front of his, first like a star in the night sky before gradually coming close.

'It's the fire and brimstone yet? Took long enough for Hell to claim me.' He thought for the first time since forever.

A sensation of constriction and wetness before he was pushed head-first into the light.

The cool air felt nice on his hot, delicate skin.

"Congratulation! It's a boy!"

'Wait, what?' Lelouch tried to voice his bewilderment, but the only thing that came out of his mouth was a wail-a child's wail.

The figure of a giant dressed like a doctor filled his vision. "Such a healthy set of lungs. He's a healthy boy."

'Oh come on!' Lelouch screamed in his head after arriving to the only possible explanation. 'This is not how reincarnation is supposed to be!'

Not that he could claim to be an expert, being a die-hard atheist that even supernatural experiences like Geass, Code and the C's World couldn't dissuade.

Somewhere C.C. was laughing at him, he was sure of it. As he suffered through the humiliation of a nurse cleaning his still undeveloped body he heard cries of 'push!' and 'here's the other one!' 'So, whoever gave birth to me is expecting another child...wait, I am an older brother again?'

====

"Wow! they're so small!"

"Careful Yang, you don't want to hurt them do you?"

"Fufu, let her be Dear. Yang is a good girl, is she?"

"Yes Mama!"

Turn out he was both right and wrong. He was both an older and a younger brother.

Taiyang, his 'father' (he used the term loosely due to bad memories associated with it), was a tall blonde man with features vaguely oriental, Chinese judging from his name. He had blonde hair and lilac eyes, just a shade lighter than the purple of Charles Zi Britannia. In opposition to the late Emperor however he wore an honest and caring expression that was currently beaming with pride. Lelouch grudgingly put him in the 'May be a Good Guy' list.

His older 'sister' was a brat around two year old with the same hair and eyes of Taiyang. Her name was Yang, and for the last half hour kept poking Lelouch's nose with her stubby fingers. To say the Man of Miracles was pissed...well, he was irritated, that's for sure. He put her into the 'Please don't be Like Milly' list.

His 'mother', the one who was holding both him and his other 'sibling', was a proud and beautiful woman called Summer with long black hair and silver eyes that instantly reminded him of Marianne. The only reason he put her in the same list as Taiyang was that Lelouch didn't feel like subjecting her to prejudice because the actions of someone's else.

His eyes switched to his younger 'sibling', a baby girl. She was bawling happily, a big smile on her chubby face that painfully reminded him of when Nunnally herself was born. 'I am..I am going to leave her alone too? No, I will not allow it. If this is Karma, then I swear I will never commit the same mistakes again!' Lelouch firmly put her in the 'Protect at all Costs' list.

"Our daughter looks just like you." Taiyang said, embracing Summer.

She rested her head against his shoulder. "And our son has your eyes. Well, maybe a shade deeper."

"The same as my grandfather." He shuddered. "I hope it's the only thing he took from him."

"Why?"

"Bast-eerrr..." He paled as his wife's disapproving gaze. "The geezer, when he stared at you, it was like he was peering into your very soul. Like you couldn't refuse him anything, no matter what he demanded. Scary old man..."

"Don't worry Dear, I am sure our son will not become like that."

'A bit later for that.' Lelouch chuckled inside his head.

"Mama! Papa!" Yang exclaimed, waving her arms in excitement. "My new brother and sister! What's their names?"

"Names, uh..." Summer put a finger over her lips. "Well, me and Papa discussed what it would be if it was a girl." She looked down lovingly at her newborn daughter. "Ruby. Ruby will your name from now on."

'A beautiful name.' Lelouch conceded.

"But we didn't expect a boy." Taiyang scratched his short beard. "Dear, do you have any idea?"

"Mmh..." Summer hummed, peering down at Lelouch with intensity before it looked like a light bulb went on inside her head. "Amethyst! Like his beautiful eyes!"

'WHAT.'

"Eerr..." Taiyang sweatdropped. "Dear, you DO realize that's mostly used as a girl's name, right?"

"So?" She replied with a beautiful smile laced with steel.

"...Nothing."

' Witch! Spineless coward!' Lelouch raged. 'Don't you dare!'

"Nice to meet you! Amethyst! Ruby!" Yang hugged both of them.

'NOOOOOO!!!!'

And thus Amethyst Rose, older (by a few minutes), brother of Ruby Rose, was born again in the world of Remnant.

Choose your actions for the first year:

[] Reconnect with your inner baby.
[] Convince your parents to change your name.
[] Plot revenge against that awful woman.
[] Write-in.
----

Because I was feeling a little sadistic today.

[X] Convince your parents to change your name.
-[X] By crying, really really loudly!

[X] Convince your parents to change your name.

Also where should I go if I want to drop off a setting idea for others to use?

It would be kind of interesting if you had a setting where all magic, everywhere throughout history, was secretly real. All the crazy rituals the gods demanded, the fucked up shit people did for occult power? Real. The only reason the world wasn't swallowed up in darkness when the Aztec gods stopped getting sacrifices is because a dozen pantheons went off the reservation and laid some holy smack down on them for trying to ruin it for the rest of them. That kind of thing.

There have been a LOT of people killed over the centuries for stuff like that; make it all worth something after all. Though... probably not something good.

It would be kind of interesting if you had a setting where all magic, everywhere throughout history, was secretly real. All the crazy rituals the gods demanded, the fucked up shit people did for occult power? Real. The only reason the world wasn't swallowed up in darkness when the Aztec gods stopped getting sacrifices is because a dozen pantheons went off the reservation and laid some holy smack down on them for trying to ruin it for the rest of them. That kind of thing.

There have been a LOT of people killed over the centuries for stuff like that; make it all worth something after all. Though... probably not something good.
You could make it to where gods can only manifest powers and miracles within zones determined by the number of followers they have in close proximity. Small cults would make an area large enough to affect an office building while global religions like Christianity could have worldwide effects.

However, the strength of said deities could be determined through other means. Maybe the reason that Christianity doesn't have powerful miracles these days is because it doesn't even do much animal sacrifices and even vast numbers of prayers only afford a small pittance of energy, so Yahweh's battery is fairly low. Conversely, the Aztec gods still have massive power reserves, but are unable to use them effectively due to have next to no followers.

Maybe the amount of power they can manifest in the world is limited based on the vitality of the priest or cultist channeling it. If your water spigot is the size of straw, it doesn't matter if it can draw on the Atlantic, it's only big enough to pull mouthfuls.

This could also explain why supernatural evils try and operate subtly: so long as humanity at large doesn't realize they exist, we won't restart the practice of live sacrifice. Thus, the modern pantheons will be stuck running on low power modes and can't easily oppose them. A fully charged Yahweh might result in holy crosses and stars of David that incinerate vampires if they merely come within 100 feet, but the modern day low power Yahweh results in Vampires merely being burned by touching them.

I had an idea and decided to see what you guys thought of it before I went to bed. Ideas and criticism are welcome, as this is my first attempt at a Quest. Thanks guys.

-0-0-0-0-0-

Darkened Amber

Your mother was Deirdre, lost Princess of Amber, and your father... a Tolkien-style Elf called Eol, who she'd apparently had a one-night-stand with while traveling through the Shadows. Naturally, you hadn't been aware of any of this, having grown up in a decent-enough foster home that your birth mother had arranged for you before disappearing. Now, however, you've found yourself pulled out of your native reality and, as a result, the rather weak binding your mother had placed on your not-quite-humanness has shattered, awakening your powers as a Half-Elf and Prince of Amber.

You was pulled out of my native reality by?
[ ] A blond-haired wannabe Ninja experimenting with Seals [Naruto] [Easy Mode]
[ ] A pink-haired sorceress in training trying to summon a Familiar [Familiar of Zero] [Normal Mode]
[ ] A shadowy and completely amoral organization trying to save the world [Worm] [Hard Mode]
Note: choosing one doesn't mean the others can't happen later... maybe.

-0-0-0-0-0-

Basically, this is me wanting to try out a Multiverse Quest and giving the Protagonist a decent starting build, so that he can survive the crap we'll throw him into until he achieves the full awesomeness of his potential. I'll check back in on this tomorrow morning if anyone feels like helping me flesh things out a bit.

We'd be replacing him, yeah. I may even use his name, if it comes to that. Though, honestly, I lost all respect for his character when he tried to grope Louise on the first night after being summoned (rather than freaking out about what had happened, trying to find a way home or even thinking about the world he found himself in with actual MAGIC), so I'd rather not try to mimic him too closely.

I really don't hold that against a character when its mostly bad writing and then there is the whole familiar mind control not to mention teenage hormones thrown I to a fucked up mix like that. So all I am saying don't hate the character blame the people who made him.

I don't hate Saito. It takes a heck of a lot more than being an Idiot and a Pervert with a One Track Mind to make me hate an imaginary character (as demonstrated by my fondness for Hyoudo Issei, and HS DxD in general), but I just don't respect him or want to try writing him.

Now, I'll add a bit more to clarify things.
[Easy Mode] will drop us into the Naruto setting as a ten year old half-Elf / half-Amberite, which will basically be taken as a Bloodline that gives us boosted Physical Abilities, minor Regeneration and enhanced Chakra Reserves, and will lead to use going through the Ninja Academy and being placed on a Team over the next couple years. This is really just there to give us a grounding in various skills to be used later, and we'll wind up Traveling (by accident) long before the main plot kicks off. This is why this is [Easy Mode].

[Normal Mode] will dump a fifteen/sixteen year old us into Haligenkia, where as an untrained Half-Elf we'll probably be targeted by anyone with something to prove, and we'll be forced to rely on the Galdalfr Runes to survive long enough to pick up some Magic. This mode is harder, but still gives a decent shot at surviving.

[Hard Mode] is, obviously, us being kidnapped by Cauldron and dosed with one of their serums, with them assuming our ears make us a minor Case-53 and mind-wiping us before dumping us in Brockton Bay. I'm not sure what age we'd be here, but probably mid-teens like in [Normal Mode], and whatever Power we got from the serum will be a relatively minor one, just to make things harder. Of course, thanks to our heritage, we're already a pretty decent level Brute, too, but we really don't know how to control that strength just yet.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I really don't hold that against a character when its mostly bad writing and then there is the whole familiar mind control not to mention teenage hormones thrown I to a fucked up mix like that. So all I am saying don't hate the character blame the people who made him.

There is no mind control involved with the Familiar Runes. The only Thing they do is suppress homesickness so that you won't try to leave immediately after the summoning.

As for Saito, he possibly has brain damage. It is noted at the start of the novels that his mother bought a dubious machine which did electroshocks on him to make him smarter.

He is one wreck of a Person.

Tabitha remained expressionless, but like a machine-gun she spat out a string of words:
"Can't find a boyfriend? Mind your own business! Stuck between the maid and the boob-less mage, you have no right to talk about me. Someone like you, all you need to see is the princess, the village girl or elder sister with big breasts and you instantly have that "look", really a mess. Then you will say 'no no, I can't do this kind of thing, because I am from another world, so I cannot support your feelings.' But while you talk, your body doesn't react the same way."
"You, You," Saito's head became red as a tomato.
"A person like you would seriously annoy them both, you make them want to come after you with violence."
Saito looked at Tabitha's height and replied, "You, you little kid, don't talk so spirited like that."
The girl's was a head shorter than Louise, but Tabitha's expression remained unchanged, and added, "Who is a kid? You are the real kid! A brainless person like you who tries to step into two ships with one foot, you are ten years too early!"
"Gya!"
Saito suddenly curled into a ball aboard the wind dragon. He had apparently been kicked in the groin by Tabitha. Then Tabitha followed it with a straight kick to Saito's face.
"I should keep you as a pet."
"Stop joking!"
"What are you talking about? Aren't you very happy? You like it, don't you? When a loli dominates you. It is written all over your face!"
"You, you!"
Saito sprang to his feet, grabbing Tabitha's shoulder. Then the two's gaze met. In this moment, Tabitha's cheeks turned red and she turned her face away. Her change made Saito's heart leap.
"How did you manage to show emotion like that?"

That is apparently a dream sequence from the Novels... like.... oh god that guy...

How about an Avatar SI Quest. The protag is from a world where the show didn't exist. He is reincarnated as Azula, and while he was a relatively decent person in his past life he has some trouble adjusting to his genetic predisposition to Socioapathy. So you're a 'guy' who "Knows" right from wrong but doesn't have any emotional connection to the concept anymore, and is in a position of power in a culture that embraces personal ability and ambition in a nation that's trying to conquer the world. Villain, hero, doesn't matter so long as in the end you win.

Would anyone be interested in a Magical Space Xenoanthropologist quest that was mostly about the anthropology? I.e. kind of a on demand world building thing?

I have a couple idea's for a third(and final at the moment) quest.

First is a Digimon Quest. Either Digimon World 3 playing as Junior or Digimon Tamers playing as Takato. Either way it is where you control the protag and their potential partner. Would include a digimon of one of the following types: Dragon, Bird, Sea/Fish, Machine/Mutant, Demon, Angel, Plant, Insect, and Beast. Next to that would be the ability to customize your partners digivolution route to a degree, mainly you choose the route they'd go down once viable.

The other is a Shaman King quest, that Vanathor suggested in the OP. You control Yoh, can influence who his Spirit Partner is, etc. You can even choose to help Hao, save him from himself, etc.

Which do you guys think would be fun to go through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back