• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

IP Blanket Ban Victims

ReinZero

QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.
We had a earlier case this week of someone who couldn't register but got a ban for trying to register due to the IP block/ban due to response to Seadart. Though we have another case atm, the poor fella is on the irc chat presently. Please advise.

Have a case chart.

1. Someone comes on irc saying they've been unfairly IP banned.

2. Verify that their IP is banned.

3. Judgement call. Be they a troll?
- if they be, proceed to option 4.
- if they no be, proceed to option 5.

4. Tell them that they're a troll, and either kick them from irc or keep them for amusement.

5. Unlock the IP.

Last edited by a moderator:
That particular IP has been unbanned. It was done during one of Seadart's troll waves.

Could also be e-mail host... ^_^;

Biigoh said:
Could also be e-mail host... ^_^;

He just reported that he seems to have been banned again... by it. So probably e-mail host affected as well. Please advise.

ReinZero said:
He just reported that he seems to have been banned again... by it. So probably e-mail host affected as well. Please advise.

Weren't the Email hosts that we banned specifically the ones that just provide you dozens of email addresses for spamming purposes?

Pretty sure none of the actual proper ones got a ban.

I can understand being caught in the blanket IP ban, but the Email host too?

WizardTwo said:
Weren't the Email hosts that we banned specifically the ones that just provide you dozens of email addresses for spamming purposes?

Pretty sure none of the actual proper ones got a ban.

I can understand being caught in the blanket IP ban, but the Email host too?

I'm not sure. All that I know was that apparently he ran into another one. Maybe he needs to clear the cookies/etc.?

He may be running into our Tor ban. If so, it's unfortunate, because that ban will never be lifted.

teh elgee said:
He may be running into our Tor ban. If so, it's unfortunate, because that ban will never be lifted.

This is the most likely problem, and yeah sorry, if he's running into the TOR ban he's out of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back