• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Is there a way to only get alerts for threadmarks and posts made by the thread creator?

Not that I can find.

I know that the option was an add on for both SB and SV as part of upgrading their services. It might have been a custom designed plug-in they paid to have designed. So if QQ is compatible with it they probably have to buy a license for it's use.

The closest I've gotten is setting the default filters on the "What's New > New threadmarks" view as follows: image link

It still shows threadmarks from posters that aren't the thread creator, but usually that's not often enough for it to be an annoyance to me.

Edit: Couldn't get the image to work in the post but linked it. I have the filters: Show only: Unread Threadmarks, From: Watched Threads, Category: Threadmarks

Last edited:
I have mine set the same way and it catches almost everything. But just this morning I noticed a thread updated but wasn't caught by new threadmarks. Went though my watched threads and it was only the one it missed so I'm hoping it was a glitch.

Edit: I'm fairly sure it was a server glitch. Because every threadmark for that story just popped into the new threadmarks page.

Last edited:
I had the same problem. Here's what I did to fix it.

Go to Preferences in settings and scroll down to the bottom. Click on Use custom, for Alerting preferences. Then make sure there is a checkmark for alert, next to the option, the thread starter replies to a watched thread, but not for the Pop-up auto-read option. Then make sure there is no checkmark for the option, replies to a watched thread. And then click save.

After that you should only get alerts when the thread creator posts.

Has anyone here NOT been getting threadmark updates on watched threads? Because I have noticed that a number of threads I am watching have sent me alerts when other people reply to the thread--which I usually ignore--but nothing about threadmarks or creator posts, so I ended up missing a bunch of new chapters because I had no idea they had ever been posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back