• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Is there some way to download an individual threadmark for offline reading?

Tokita

Getting sticky.
Or, similarly, all of the threadmarks in a given thread without also including any user comments sandwiched in-between them? Just wondering.

I suppose this could be taken as a suggestion for the forum, hence why I created it here.

One threadmark? Use your browser to save the page (usually in the right-click menu), or just leave the tab open. Easy-peasy.

All the threadmarks? Uh... Well, the above trick will work so long as there's fewer than 30 threadmarks, unless you're on mobile maybe, but I'm not sure if it remains practical past 60 threadmarks.

I remember at least one forum I'm on frowns on scraper-download tools, but I don't remember if QQ takes a stance on them. I know they exist, there's even one I've seen recommended for literally exactly this use-case.

One threadmark? Use your browser to save the page (usually in the right-click menu), or just leave the tab open. Easy-peasy.

All the threadmarks? Uh... Well, the above trick will work so long as there's fewer than 30 threadmarks, unless you're on mobile maybe, but I'm not sure if it remains practical past 60 threadmarks.

I remember at least one forum I'm on frowns on scraper-download tools, but I don't remember if QQ takes a stance on them. I know they exist, there's even one I've seen recommended for literally exactly this use-case.
Note that the one for SB/SV/QQ doesn't work on any forum that requires a login, such as the lewd ones here.

Threadmarks?

Enter Reader Mode. Right-click (or equivalent), 'Save Page As...'. Repeat for however many pages.

Note that the one for SB/SV/QQ doesn't work on any forum that requires a login, such as the lewd ones here.
The one I tried worked, I just had to add my login info to the config file.

But I don't know if we're talking about the same one; even me admitting to having used one at all ever is a significant ratcheting-down in how evasive I'm being on the topic!

Last edited:
Fanficfare includes some added & tunable default delays during the crawling to be friendlier on the server backends and the devs are open to requests for higher delays from the administrators of supported sites. Spacebattles made such a request at some point.

One could also just make a PR that do it outright, it'd be accepted.

edit: fixed typos

Last edited:
Threadmarks?

Enter Reader Mode. Right-click (or equivalent), 'Save Page As...'. Repeat for however many pages.
Threadmarks filed under the Extras category for a given story disappear when selecting Reader Mode. Do you know if this is a bug or...?

Threadmarks filed under the Extras category for a given story disappear when selecting Reader Mode. Do you know if this is a bug or...?
They disappear when clicking on the "Reader Mode" button at the top or bottom of the page? That is intended behavior. Each threadmark category has its own reader mode that only shows threadmarks from that category. To access the reader mode for a different category, open the threadmarks list for that category (with the dropdown for that category at the top or bottom of the page, or the pop-up list that appears when you click the category label on a threadmark in that category) and click on "Reader Mode" within that list.

They disappear from Reader Mode for that category? And they're not just on a different page within reader mode? That is a bug. Please report it with a link to the thread where you're having trouble, and links to or descriptions of the threadmarks/posts that are going missing. I think convention for reporting bugs is to create a thread in the suggestions & bugs forum about it.

A bit old but is there any way to download from Calibre/FanficFare with 2FA enabled?

QQ's 2FA is a bespoke Xenforo version that requires access to your E-mail. It's doubtful it would be worth it to the FanFicFare people to implement support for it.

I recommend just disabling 2FA as necessary while you're downloading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back