• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Kill Six Billion Demons

Nervaqus987

Well worn.
tumblr_mz3ecrQIFl1qlxan5o1_500.jpg

Link to first page.

What do I say about this comic?

Well, let's start with the basics. The artwork is gorgeous. The first chapter and the first few pages of the second are in black and white, but then shift to full color.

After you see the first full color page, you will understand completely why this is the one web comic that I don't mind when it's late. The level of detail, the incredible designs for.....everything, it's just amazing.

The mythology is weird, distinct, and unique. Despite two different expositions, numerous little snips of text in the comments section, in the notes, and on the bits of text that pop up when you scroll over pages, it remains new and fascinating to find out more about it.

Plotwise, it took a while to get to the part where you have an idea of what the fuck is going on and the protagonist is still kinda getting there herself. That said, I didn't mind the plot taking its time because it let the author show more of this beautiful fucking setting.

We've only just recently met the Big Bads of the series and even though they've only been on screen for less than half a dozen pages, I've already fallen in love with them.

So yeah. Read this webcomic. It. Is. Awesome.

Nifty. It kind of reminds me of Kagerou, except even more cracked.

*edit*
Nevermind, on re-reading I now remember that the MC of Kagerou is pretty messed up. Like extremely messed up in the head, as in having at least 3 different people(full people, not personalities) in his head is the least of his problems.

Last edited:
So, couple things.

The comic has updated a couple times since I last posted and is still awesome.

A guy did an interview with Abaddon(the writer) and put up a list of some of the stuff that came up;

Into the mind of a mad genius
Vylus Wiki
I spoke to Abbadon last night and here's what he told me. None of this stuff is controversial or overly spoiler-y, so I think it's okay for me to share.

• He has enough material right now for five more years of KSBD

• He wishes he gave the comic more urgency, wishes Allison could play a more active role since she doesn't have her own character yet

• A print copy of KSBD is set to come out mid to late 2015; he intends to revise, clean up, and color the early pagesWhen this happens, he does not intend for the rate of the webcomic to change

• The ending of the first "book" is coming near; each "book" will have Allison spending time with primarily one person, including members of the Seven

• He knows the comic's full of errors, jokes that tends to happen when you finish at 4 AM

• Takes a lot of inspiration from readers, but lots of ideas are difficult to use, like a 30 foot monster made of ash and bones

• Jokes that he really just ripped off Buddhism and that he mainly spends time drawing dudes fighting each other when asked what he does

• Main cast is all female because he likes the idea behind female protagonists

• Jagganoth is as powerful as the rest of the Seven combined, but Zoss could "shit on" all of them

• Jagganoth is somewhere on the level of Superman or Goku, as he is truly immune to harm and has access to immense magical powerJagganoth was designed to avoid the dumb brute trope

• All of the Seven have mastered space-time

• Incubus is a dick that everyone loves to hate; his name was originally supposed to be Michael

• The Seven, including Zoss, are sympathetic characters when you learn their backstories

• Some of the Seven are implied to have been born during the Universal War

• The Universal War happened 3000-4000 years ago

• The Universal Conquest in the comic is just 2/3; the first was when Zoss conquered Throne and the third is the prophecy foretold by Jadis

• Throne is its own universe with hundreds of billions of people

• Devils and demons are now the same thing

• Sweetie Pie (the white one) and Honey Bunch (the black one) are actually devils and the first devils to be shown masked; they are coming back at a later time

• All devils are ruled by some scary motherfucker named Himself who is literally locked away in an obsidian coffin because he's too much of a beast; Himself is the only devil without a mask

• The Undying Lords are the kings of the undead

• The little blue devils running around Throne can be thought of as servants with menial tasks; when a summoner dies, the devils can often be left to their own devices

• The symbol on Maya's back and Incubus' chair is a reference to the "Middle Army"

• The many universes branch out from Throne like spokes on a Wheel; everything that is not a universe is considered part of the void

• When physical beings enter the void, they cease to exist unless they cast a shade, which is the black "psychic imprint" of a person

• When angels enter the physical realm, they manifest as white flame that explodes continuously unless bound to their armor

• Angels are said to have been born from the corpse of UN when the gods breathed life into the pieces of him

• Angels and devils reincarnate because they're born in the void; when people die their energy enters the void but only a select few have enough willpower to maintain their sanity

• Confirms the void is filled with god corpses

• YISUN's energy permeates all of reality (hence, the secret name of God is 'I') and is known as the Flame PerishableThe Flame Perishable manifests in all living beings; it can be hot/cold and black/white: angels are cold and white, devils are hot and white, humans are (?) and black, and servants are (?) and black

• Servants are powerful and not passive as their name implies; they fulfill the same role as classical mythological entities and were the first to be made by the gods, hence the poem

• Praman Nand is a actually a servant; he calls Nand the Gate Keeper several times

• The Art involves "lying to the face of God" and is a reflection of how reality is an illusion

• Allison's boyfriend really doesn't have a name yet

• The Pursuers will team up later and fail miserably

That's all I can think of right now.

And another bit;

Hahaha, the dude is straight nuts, but in a good way. He's frickin' hilarious and the kind of guy who takes 2 minutes to give a direct answer because he's excited about everything.

I forgot to mention his creative style is very fluid. Lots of reader input and just making stuff up as he goes along, though there is an overarching storyline that's set in place.

One of the challenges noted with the print copy is the difficulty in including bonus material. It may or may not make its way in.

He also said he's moving back to the US in August to make his rounds on the comic convention circuit.

Oh, oh. The summoning of devils. All devils belong to a mass of essence, for lack of a better word. To summon one, a devil must be bound to a mask and given a name. I think he said this falls in line with classical demonology because I read a series of books which just so happens to explore the same concept.

My god, I love everything about this comic.

Another update, this one very quick compared to normal.

As for my thoughts on this one, well, I'll just quote myself from elsewhere.

Interesting....

When Alison was last seen, her soul(I think that's what she is right now) was bald. Now, she has hair again.
Additionally, white cracks/lines/thingies seem to be crawling up her legs from the ground.

Final thing I wanted to note, in Jadis's prophecy, Kill Six Billion Demons(Alison) is mentioned to wield "the terrible Blade of Want" and in the images of the Glass Coffin, Alison is seen with a vaguely sword shaped mass of light/energy in her hand. Maya is also depicted, wielding something that looks basically the same. Further, in Meti's Sword Manual, the Blade of Want is referenced under the section "Mastering the Sword." In a previous except, Meti mentions her apprentice whom she describes as "an idiot speck of a girl with more talent for eating than skill with the blade" which may be a reference to Maya, who spent the vast majority of her time on screen eating.

What this leads to believe is that Maya may come to be a teacher and ally for Alison, who teaches her to wield the Blade of Want.

Also, I'm wondering if I'm talking to myself on this thread....:(

So finally caught up, by god how have I not done so before now. And yes Meti's sword manual is a pleasant read.

It is no dream, Alison... you just got dumped down the rabbit hole.

I like KSBD, but I don't feel sufficiently comfortable not knowing what the fuck is going on. And I keep getting more questions.

For example, Ally's skin color changes often, and I'm absolutely sure there's some symbolism, but I have no idea what it symbolizes. I am also assuming that she's got normal human skin since returning to the normal world, although she seems very red to me.

I like KSBD, but I don't feel sufficiently comfortable not knowing what the fuck is going on. And I keep getting more questions.

For example, Ally's skin color changes often, and I'm absolutely sure there's some symbolism, but I have no idea what it symbolizes. I am also assuming that she's got normal human skin since returning to the normal world, although she seems very red to me.
she was red because of the devil growing in her, she is red now because she's freaking the fuck out.

When her body comes apart and she's black with white circles, is that supposed to represent a form of soul?

Yep.

There's a sorta explanation for that in the interview with the writer that I posted up thread.

When physical beings enter the void, they cease to exist unless they cast a shade, which is the black "psychic imprint" of a person

Update.

In which a secret is revealed!

Also, we're starting to see some hints of the Key's influence on Allison.

That or the fact that Alison might be dyed blonde going by the box on the counter.

Been a while since I posted here and several pages have gone up.

So, recap.

Alison's has a couple good friends and one friend that's a total bitch.

She's dealing with the.....everything that's happened recently.

Abbadon posted up the various entrees for the "Design Alison's new costume" contest. A lot of which were pretty badass.

And the newest update is up and Alison is doing a thing! And whatever she's doing, it's making the Key light up.

EDIT: Oh, the alt-text for today's strip is super fucking Exalted.

There are times I feel like I'm the only one that posts in this thread.

So, as you may or may not know, Abaddon is going through the whole comic, trimming speech, adding speech, adding new panels, adding whole new pages, and things along those lines.

As a result, Alison has a bit more character than she did before, 82 is kind of a prick(more than he/she was before), etc.

I'd suggest reading through the whole comic to get a full appreciation for the changes.

Granted, I'd recommend rereading it anyways because it's awesome, but now you can do it for the new content.

EDIT: Also, check out Abaddon's tumblr. He's got a ton of neat stuff there, like concept art for characters yet to appear, the names and titles of the Seven, and a new page about Devils

Last edited:
Stuff has happened.

The origins of Angels, Servants, and Humans have been revealed(or at least, the story about it was).

To the surprise of no one, it involves Aesma being.......herself. I get the feeling that in KSBD's mythology, Aesma was the one who most frequently ran around doing stuff.

Thanks in part to Abaddon's Tumblr, we have learned what the number portion of each Angel's name is. Effectively, it seems to be a death counter.

We still know very little about the Angel's hierarchy, but we have recently met the guy at the top of White Chain's faction. 2 Michael, first of the Secondborn and apparently, the last of the Prime Angels.

To the surprise of no one, he's something of a prick.

Finally, we have recently seen what White Chain looks like under that armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back