• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Lag

Megaolix

So, this morning, I had the bad surprise of suffering from this here (and just before posting too).

Was this just me or are we really starting to suffer from QQ getting more popular?

I've had issues with pages taking a bit to load from time to time, but there hasn't been anything that's really impacted my browsing experience in a meaningful way. And if it proves to be necessary, acquiring more server space shouldn't be terribly difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a little lag now and again, but it's very sporadic.

I'm not sure if we're getting overloaded or if it's just a random burp in the network.

Little lag is definitely getting bigger now.

its usually in the mornings for me in est time zone. and again near the evening est but that is generally lag on all sites.

Midnight/Dawn in my place, but I usually sleeps anyway, or it is quite rare. Also, it's only slow during the initial connection. After that, it goes smoothly.

It's getting worse. The site's starting to load slower for me and pics aren't loading that well. Even the banner.

I'm not seeing any lag. :/

teh elgee said:
I'm not seeing any lag. :/

Well, seeing that it crapped out twice before letting me get in to see this post just now, there's lag somewhere.

I suppose I can break out traceroute and see what it says, but this has been going on for a few days now, and it's been getting worse, so. I dunno.

I just ran tracert from my machine to questionablequesting.com, and the longest time was 46ms.

Also, letting a ping /t run now. I am seeing an occasional time out, but they're infrequent.

It's still loading slow for me. And it's not my internet connection or my pc. This thing is brand new and doesn't have a virus.

Well, tracert is giving me some longer than normal times (nothing lower than 66ms), but that could partially be because it's routing through Dallas (serious, wut? Way to go out of the fucking way).

Anyway, the main problem I'm having is that it's being slower and more finicky than SB does at peak times. I dunno; I'll do a full reset tonight and see if that clears shit up.

ChandraMagic said:
Well, tracert is giving me some longer than normal times (nothing lower than 66ms), but that could partially be because it's routing through Dallas (serious, wut? Way to go out of the fucking way).

Anyway, the main problem I'm having is that it's being slower and more finicky than SB does at peak times. I dunno; I'll do a full reset tonight and see if that clears shit up.

Okay, so. last night I flushed my dns, restarted my cable modem, and restarted my computer. The lag I was experiencing has since almost all disappeared, although I do still get pockets of lag/website not responding, but no where near as bad.

Ergo, I withdraw most of my complaints.

I did a geographical traceroute, and the servers are based in France, so any delays may be due to crossing an ocean or continent.

The lags and errors are getting worse. As in I can't See the rest of a page of a thread. The first page of Trials of a God-harem king to be exact.

It's starting to get worse than SB's lag. This is what appears for me at the bottom of the first post. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/geryona/public_html/cache/data_7954c1489777acbd24f290752dee36fd-SMF-parse-81794-c00925f479429b259b4ada3d1301ea30.php on line 1

Been getting 500 Internal Server Error since this evening.

No lag to speak of, but straight to that page instead when I try to go elsewhere in the site.

Lag here too, it could be bad connection though. Is there any accidents lately relate to the servers?

There is one thread where I can't see the rest of the first page. I get this error thing Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/geryona/public_html/cache/data_7954c1489777acbd24f290752dee36fd-SMF-parse-81794-c00925f479429b259b4ada3d1301ea30.php on line 1

Haven't ever seen the parsing error nightblade has, and I went ahead and checked the mentioned page. It loaded fine for me.

I have been seeing those 500 server errors for a while, though, but those are usually solved by waiting a minute or two and then trying again.

Chibi-Reaper said:
Haven't ever seen the parsing error nightblade has, and I went ahead and checked the mentioned page. It loaded fine for me.

I have been seeing those 500 server errors for a while, though, but those are usually solved by waiting a minute or two and then trying again.
You have an idea how to get rid of it?

nightblade said:
There is one thread where I can't see the rest of the first page. I get this error thing Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/geryona/public_html/cache/data_7954c1489777acbd24f290752dee36fd-SMF-parse-81794-c00925f479429b259b4ada3d1301ea30.php on line 1

Have you tried fake IP or whatever it is yet?

I'm not getting errors that won't load the page right now. I literally can only view the very first post on the first page of the Thread trials of a god harem king. and its only happening in chrome.

The host is having problems with the shared server, it has spikes of high load from one of the accounts.

I'm having some strange sort of issue I've never seen before.

I can go to any given page and it loads fine. However refreshing the page just starts it permanently loading without getting anywhere. I have to back out and click back into it to see new posts.

Not suffering this issue on any other forums. Not sure what my issue here is.

Double post and a necro, but shouldn't matter in this type of thread.

I've been having lag and failures to load on QQ the past couple days and Lement mentioned he was too in the SB rant thread. I'm wondering if that's due to increased load?

the lag and unresponsive pages aren't universal as some people dont even notice the problems, might be something up with the ip checking or sdomething.

Meh, haven't really noticed any lag lately.
Yesterday there was some though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back