• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Lunar Invictus

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Lunar Invicus - 1 - setting the board

You are Usagi Tsukino.

You are an Otaku. You don't have...

cronos2chaos

I trust you know where the happy button is?
Lunar Invicus - 1 - setting the board

You are Usagi Tsukino.

You are an Otaku. You don't have very many friends and your family is distant. The only things that comfort you is food and your stash

you are mainly into real time strategy games; thus giving you great macro and micro managing skills, MMORPGs; thus granting you a flexable mind to accout for everchanging situations, and first person shooters; thus gifting you with unmatched hand eye coordination and reaction time.

One day as you sleep, you dream.

You dream of a great time of prosperity, of an age without strife, a crystal age.

And there you were, standing at the helm of the civilization. You had fought against the darkness so long, experienced so much, time after time you triumphed by the skin of your teeth.

And everything was for the better; no war, no hunger, no crime.

And as you watch, you realize that it was not enough, as the true darkness, [true evil], encroaches.

First the under belly grew foul with discord, then the creatures appeared, hideous and leaking corrupting Ichor.

Slowly, one by one, your champions fall. Some to the corruption, some to death, but in the end you were the last bastion.

And you fell...

You were over run.

Raped.

Defiled.

Mutilated.

Then the world fell around you.

And you awaken.

But it is not your room... or at least you remember going to sleep with walls, a roof and a floor.

Floating in this expanse. It looks like the cosmos... or the inside of a nebula.

Looking around the expanse reaches forever... or at the very least farther then you can see.

"Greetings young one." a melodic voice resonates behind you.

Turning around you see a girl.

No not a girl. THEE Girl.

She was too beautiful, from her petite stature to her impossibly deep eyes, from her silky locks to her heart melting, cavity inducing smile. She was too perfect to be human.

On hearing her voice her greeting again, you snap out of it, with a shaking voice you can not help but ask what she is.

Her answer was surprising yet not at the same time.

"Ufufufufu. I go by many names, Lilith, Pandora, Eve, but you, young one, can call me [Alaya, the Spirit of Humanity]."

and so you listen, you learn.

You had dreampt of the future and what it will hold.

That would be the result no matter what. All path ended at the same destination. The Counter Force, nor Counter Guardians could prevent this. Even cooperation with Gaea would not stop this.

For drastic times calls for drastic measures, no?

Therefore in an unprecedented move Alaya has decided to directly intervene.

She offers you power, to shape and command her Counter Guardians and herself as you see fit so long as the [True Evil] was destroyed.

You falter. You are quite honestly flattered that the Spirit of Humanity believes that you can make the difference. But you are terrified of the prospect. You know nothing of actual militaries. Nothing of combat. Nothing of how to run a group effectively. You only know games.

That actually caused your mind to screech to a halt.

You know only games but Alaya said that she would shape her Counter Guardians into any form you choose.

Tentatively you consider changing the Counter Guardians into a force you know.

The more you think about it the better it sounds.

Thus you make up your mind, "Lady Alaya, I will lead your Counter Guardians as...

[X]Serrah Keregan; the queen of blades(starcraft)
[X]Terra Nova; Dominion commander(starcraft)
[X]Mira of the Cadian shocktroopers(warhammer: dawn of war)
[X]farseer Macha of craftworld Biel-tan(warhammer: dawn of war
[X]Shas'O Shaserra; spear head of the greater good(warhammer: dawn of war)
[X]Sylvanas Windrunner; the banshee queen(Warcraft)
[X]Elenor Lamb; repository of Rapture(bioshock)
[X]Revan; the Revanchrist(starwars)
[X]General Samantha Clark; Supreme Commander of the UED(supreme commander)
[X]Princess Rhianna; priestess of the Aion(supreme commander)
[X]Elite commander Dostya; coordinator of the cybran(supreme commander)
[X]Ellen Rippley; the queenmother(Aliens)
[X]Write in

... and I swear to you here and now that the Darkness will never prevail."

Alaya simply smiles as the expanse goes dark, "I'll hold you to that, Sere- no... Usagi Tsukino."

As you wake up you find something different.

And in the Northern Pacific Ocean, off the coast of Japan on a recently exposed volcanic island a bright flash heralds the arrival of the Counter Guardians.

Index:
Chapter 1: setting the board(above)

-----------
Character Sheet:

-----------
Reference:

-----------
FAQ:

for the write in, your choice must be a female that is of significant importance to a faction, preferably of a first person shooter, MMORPG or a real time stratagy game.

Omakes that will not become part of canon will get you a reroll(no modification the first time, additional gets penalties) or flip result for mess ups or you can make them into bonus rolls/points for the next roll.

Omakes that become canon will net you some very neat things, from upgrades to new powers, ala 'do you want evil fries with that?'

Roll table:
>100: You win twice. You are so awesome that you can write in extra effects.
>Any Doubles: such as 11,22,33, etc, You win~
>101+: Super Critically Successful, adds modifications(bonus points/rolls) to next roll
>91-98: Stupidly Successful
>81-90: Critically Successful
>71-80: Successful
>61-70: Moderately Successful
>41-60: Neutral
>26-40: Moderately bad
>12-25: Not So Good
>02-10: Terrible
>01: This is so terrible that IT JUST MIGHT WORK! (reroll)
>-01-: Critical failure... this goes so horribly wrong that you could loose an army
>00: Super Critical Failure... situation that is so FUBAR that dying is a very real possibility

Stats:
Personal: your overall stats
-Strength: the primary stat for melee combat, this determines how much your punches hurt, how hard you throw things and how heavy of things you can carry, etc.
-Dexterity: one of your most important stats, this determines your hit rate, how well you dodge, your speed
-Luck: odds of things turning out in your favour; 0-4 adds negative modifications to your roll, 5-7 adds nothing to the rolls and 8+ adds positive modifications to the rolls
-Intelligence: how smart you are, gives bonus to control
-Fortitude: how much damage you take, governs HP and defence
-Control: instead of a measure of how powerful you are this is a measure of how much you can use safely. Alaya put in power blocks to prevent the world from tearing apart

Army: the gross statistics of your army
-Tactics: how well your army operates; how effective they are in combat
-Stratagy: how well your army operates outside of battle
-Quality: how good is your army
-Quantity: how many soldiers do you have
-Leadership: how well you lead your army
-Influence: how much the player character influences the army

Social: how well you do at the negotiating table
-Persuasion: your main offence in Social combat, how well you can bring others around to your point of view
-Appearance: represents both physical appearance and reputation, adds miscellaneous bonuses, usually at the start of Social combat.
-Charisma: replaces luck in Social combat
-Conviction: your defence for Social combat
-Perception: how well you see through and deal with deceit
-Integraty: replaces Fortitude for Social combat

stats range from 0-5 plus Epic stats

when stats exceed 5 they become a mote of Epic stats

for example:
Strength OOO
epic OOOO
could also be read as strength 23

Leadership OOOO
Epic O
would be read as Leadership 9

Perception OO
Epic
is read as Perception 2

stats 0-5 are human range, epic 1 is considered peak human, epic 2 is superhuman, and epic 3 and above is beyond human

-----------
Comments:

I would like to first of all welcome all who come to my first quest and thank them if they continue reading.

if you follow this quest make sure to check this post periodically for updates.

This is an idea that I came up with after I read 'The White Devil of the Moon'. I could not find any fics where Usagi is competent, so I tried my hand at it tell me what you think.

while I would prefer to do a Keregan!Usagi I am open to just about anything, however do note that if it is a series that I am unfamiliar with then story updates will be slow.

[X] Sarah Kerrigan
Because I like East Bridge :)

[X]Elite commander Dostya; coordinator of the cybran(supreme commander)

HELL YES.

[X]Serrah Keregan; the queen of blades (starcraft)

[JK] Skitter
Because Worm must infiltrate everything.

[X] Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing (Hellsing)

[X] Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing (Hellsing)

[X]Serrah Keregan; the queen of blades (starcraft)

[X] Shokatsuryo Shuri - The Hawawa Strategist (Shin Koihime Muso)

Serrah Keregan; the queen of blades (starcraft) :
[Kinglugia], [Alexander], [MHLord]

Elite commander Dostya; coordinator of the cybran(supreme commander):
[cross_grave]

Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing (Hellsing):
[Selias], [Xicree], [Undying Lich-King]

[X] Revan, The Revanchrist:
[Slayer Anderson]

[X]Princess Rhianna; priestess of the Aion(supreme commander):
[staplesdex2], [Bloodshifter], [Fellgar]

[Adyen]

so, so far Keregan, Integra, and Rianna are in the lead.

I leave the voting open for a while longer until there is a clear winner, but if there isn't then I'll do them one at a time.

The Keregan route could be concidered easy mode. She was a battle psychic who could create nuclear level blasts from having a temper tantrum. Of the three she will give the greatest benefits and flexability to Usagi. She can act as both commander and frontline Heroic Unit. And [Undying Lich-King], Keregan would give Usagi the best combat skills due to infestation and battle data on Keregan. Unfortunately the swarm will not be greeted initially with any sort of positive response, therefore you will need to operate covert for the first while, not to mention the odd crackpot trying to subvert or otherwise steal your zerg.

The Rianna route would be medium mode. She deals more in intrigue, subverting human Assets and healing or otherwise performing miracles. This route is mainly focused on the support roles, from building up, to maintaining your powerbase to governing your territories. The ups for this route is that you will have a better army/control of army, unfortunately the trade off is Usagi's combat abilities are quite frankly utterly pathetic, even Mira and Shadowsun aren't as squishy, and they're pretty squishy.

Integra is quite frankly the hard or hardcore mode. While not one on my list, I have read Hellsing so I have a good enough idea of her. While she is mid-high level in combat ability, her base stats are human, though still better then Rianna route, slightly above if she transforms, which considering the traits she will get, will only be done when she is grasping for straws, for the most of it she will not get stronger then peak human while untransformed. In terms of leading her army there are few better, though several others who are better at keeping said army together. Her magic for this route would best be described as paladin, buffs and auras, she is fully capable of buffing herself and her allies while doing serious damage or restrictions to her enemies with auras. I won't sugarcoat this, her rolls, considering what she normal has to do, will be cutthroat, while you can turn bad rolls to your favour with Keregan and Rianna routes, in Integra route you loose men and resources at a minimum, too many bad thing in succession can kill you.

On a few other notes the omakes and roll table.

General Omakes will get you a reroll(no modification the first time, additional gets penalties) or flip result for mess ups or you can make them into bonus rolls.

Omakes that become canon will net you some very neat things, from upgrades to new powers, ala 'do you want evil fries with that?'

Roll table:
>100: You win twice. You are so awesome that you can write in extra effects.
>Any Doubles: such as 11,22,33, etc, You win~
>101+: Super Critically Successful, adds modifications to next roll
>91-98: Stupidly Successful
>81-90: Critically Successful
>71-80: Successful
>61-70: Moderately Successful
>41-60: Neutral
>26-40: Moderately bad
>12-25: Not So Good
>02-10: Terrible
>01: This is so terrible that IT JUST MIGHT WORK! (reroll)
>-01-: Critical failure... this goes so horribly wrong that you could loose an army
>00: Super Critical Failure... situation that is so FUBAR that dying is a very real possibility

Honestly if comes out as a tie between the three then I'll do Keregan first then Rianna and finish with Integra.

Honestly, hardcore mode sounds pretty awesome.

Minor Nitpick: It's spelled Sarah Kerrigan (at least from my area /lol)
I like Zergs, they are the cutest critters around. Plus reading East Bridge works gives me the best hora.

[X]Sarrah Keregan; the queen of blades (starcraft)

Like your dice table. Still sad that, though close, it is not Ogre Civ Dice table.

Ogre Dice is Best Dice.

Serrah Keregan; the queen of blades (starcraft) :
[Kinglugia], [Alexander], [MHLord], [Darik29]

Elite commander Dostya; coordinator of the cybran(supreme commander):
[cross_grave]

Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing (Hellsing):
[Selias], [Xicree], [Undying Lich-King]

[X] Revan, The Revanchrist:
[Slayer Anderson]

[X]Princess Rhianna; priestess of the Aion(supreme commander):
[staplesdex2], [Bloodshifter], [Fellgar]

[Adyen]

looks like Keregan will be the winner if nothing happens soon.

On other matters I will now be publishing the stats and how they work.

Stats:
Personal: your overall stats
-Strength: the primary stat for melee combat, this determines how much your punches hurt, how hard you throw things and how heavy of things you can carry, etc.
-Dexterity: one of your most important stats, this determines your hit rate, how well you dodge, your speed
-Luck: odds of things turning out in your favour; 0-4 adds negative modifications to your roll, 5-7 adds nothing to the rolls and 8+ adds positive modifications to the rolls
-Intelligence: how smart you are, gives bonus to control
-Fortitude: how much damage you take, governs HP and defence
-Control: instead of a measure of how powerful you are this is a measure of how much you can use safely. Alaya put in power blocks to prevent the world from tearing apart

Army: the gross statistics of your army
-Tactics: how well your army operates; how effective they are in combat
-Stratagy: how well your army operates outside of battle
-Quality: how good is your army
-Quantity: how many soldiers do you have
-Leadership: how well you lead your army
-Influence: how much the player character influences the army

Social: how well you do at the negotiating table
-Persuasion: your main offence in Social combat, how well you can bring others around to your point of view
-Appearance: represents both physical appearance and reputation, adds miscellaneous bonuses, usually at the start of Social combat.
-Charisma: replaces luck in Social combat
-Conviction: your defence for Social combat
-Perception: how well you see through and deal with deceit
-Integraty: replaces Fortitude for Social combat

stats range from 0-5 plus Epic stats

when stats exceed 5 they become a mote of Epic stats

for example:
Strength OOO
epic OOOO
could also be read as strength 23

Leadership OOOO
Epic O
would be read as Leadership 9

Perception OO
Epic
is read as Perception 2

stats 0-5 are human range, epic 1 is considered peak human, epic 2 is superhuman, and epic 3 and above is beyond human

if anyone wants to do an Omake of one of the other story paths they can go ahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back