• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Mod Openings

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehelgee

The stern gaze of justice.
Administrator
Our mod team has openings for two, maybe three, new mods. We're specifically looking for folks to be able to be around during the early mornings and midday(0400-1400 EST / 0800-1800 GMT).

If you are interested, please send me a PM with the following questions answered:

1) What times are you active? (in GMT)

2) Do you feel you are familiar with the QQ community?

3) Why do you feel you will make a good moderator?

4) What do you think proper conduct is for a moderator?

5) What do you think the purpose of a moderator is?

Selection will take a while as the team discusses who we will pick, so please be patient once you've sent in your application.

Last edited:
If you ever need a person with a great moral character of being shady but a hard fun stickler for rules.

Im your guy. I will work hard to make QQ a place of great peace and order that no other sister site will ever forget.

It will be a new age of active listening and tuff love.

If you ever need a person with a great moral character of being shady but a hard fun stickler for rules.

Im your guy. I will work hard to make QQ a place of great peace and order that no other sister site will ever forget.

It will be a new age of active listening and tuff love.
sounds fake, but whatevs

Unfortunately I only cover a portion of the requested time, so I'm not sure I'm what your looking for.

6) What to do with tanuki?

This is the most important sekrit question not listed by tehelgee. :>

6) What to do with tanuki?
Crock Pot Tanuki

Ingredients:
1 Large Tanuki
1 Large Onion
2 Stalks of Celery
1 Large Green Bell Pepper
4 Bay Leaves
1 Can French Onion Soup
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Salt and Pepper to taste
Water

Directions:

Dress the Tanuki:

Thoroughly wash the Tanuki under cold running water.
Cut into quarters.
Sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste.
Stick whole clove in the meat about an inch apart.
Slice the onions into quarters.
Finely chop up celery and bell pepper.

Cook the Tanuki:

Place Tanuki in the crock pot.
Crumble up the bay leaves and sprinkle over the meat.
Add the onion, celery and bell pepper add to pot.
Mix onion soup, mushroom soup and water together and pour into the pot.
Turn the crock pot on high for 30 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low.
Cook for 6 - 8 hours or overnight.

I don't wake up until 5:30 EST. Is that adequate?

Crock Pot Tanuki

Ingredients:
1 Large Tanuki
1 Large Onion
2 Stalks of Celery
1 Large Green Bell Pepper
4 Bay Leaves
1 Can French Onion Soup
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Salt and Pepper to taste
Water

Directions:

Dress the Tanuki:

Cut into quarters.
Sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste.
Stick whole clove in the meat about an inch apart.
Slice the onions into quarters.
Finely chop up celery and bell pepper.

Cook the Tanuki:

Place Tanuki in the crock pot.
Crumble up the bay leaves and sprinkle over the meat.
Add the onion, celery and bell pepper add to pot.
Mix onion soup, mushroom soup and water together and pour into the pot.
Turn the crock pot on high for 30 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low.
Cook for 6 - 8 hours or overnight.
That joke just doesn't get old. Yes Biigoh, I know I'm a monster.

I would happily be a mod, but I don't want to do the job. I just want the perks...essentially I want executive power over the forum with no oversight and no responsibility. Is that okay?

The hours kill it for me. It's smack dab in the middle of my work day. Sorry big bossy man, no can do :p

I'm willing to throw my hat in to the ring, I am unemployed at the moment so I'm free all day usually from 9 am to 11 pm GMT on and off. I feel like I understand the community even if I can be a bit of a lurker, I think I would make a good Mod because I really like the atmosphere on this forum, and I want to help.

Question 4 and 5 are rather linked so here is my answer to both I think a mod should be there, to nudge things when matters are getting out of hand as a heat debate, and lay down the law when needed, and that is what I think a mod should be some one to help when asked and to keep order so people don't ruin the site for other.

Please feel free to pm with any other questions.

I would be an awesome mod but I have an unreliable schedule, and mornings are the least available times for me, so I'm not going to apply for this round.

Hope you get good folks.

Yeah, that timing is probably the worst it could possibly be for me. Plus, I'm only really active in the creative subforums. Oh well, probably wouldn't have wanted to apply anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back