• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

My draft is gone. Can I get it back?

razer666L

Reaper Primal Avatar
I spent three days writing a fanfic idea draft to share on a fanfic idea thread. When I went back for it recently and refreshed the page, the draft had disappeared. I tried clicking "restore last draft," but nothing happened.

My three days of work are all gone. All three days are squandered because this website has a time limit on how long you can save your draft. FUCK!

Is there anyway to get my draft back?

If not, can the draft save time limit be increased beyond three days?

I spent three days writing a fanfic idea draft to share on a fanfic idea thread. When I went back for it recently and refreshed the page, the draft had disappeared. I tried clicking "restore last draft," but nothing happened.

My three days of work are all gone. All three days are squandered because this website has a time limit on how long you can save your draft. FUCK!

Is there anyway to get my draft back?

If not, can the draft save time limit be increased beyond three days?
Sadly, it is gone for good. The draft saving thing isn't meant for super long term text, but something meant for short term usage. It's why it's held to be a good idea to type in note pad or use some online service like google docs or pastebin if you're going to take time to do it up before copying and pasting into QQ.

As for extension of draft limits, you'd need to ask alethiophile or ultima333

Sadly, it is gone for good. The draft saving thing isn't meant for super long term text, but something meant for short term usage. It's why it's held to be a good idea to type in note pad or use some online service like google docs or pastebin if you're going to take time to do it up before copying and pasting into QQ.

As for extension of draft limits, you'd need to ask alethiophile or ultima333

I'm not sure how useful this is, but I've lost a few drafts from power outages and weird stuff. I started opening a tab with the draft on my phone before closing them on my desktop or going to sleep, just so I have a copy. That was even if the draft doesn't save you can either slightly change it to get it to reanchor or just copy it down manually from the phone browser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back