• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Not getting alerts for watched threads

Kalesin

Know what you're doing yet?
So, the issue was present even before the web site update, but after it happened it just got worse. Basically, I'm not getting alerts when watched threads are updated by OP.

In last 3 days 18 different threads had new chapters posted and I got only 1 alert. Out of 18. I have to manually go through the forum sorting by "last threadmark" to see if the story I set to be watched has updated or not.

I double checked my preferences and it is set to alert when "The thread starter replies to a watched thread", which is when a new chapter of a story is posted and thread marked by OP.

Would be nice to see this issue resolved, as it's quite annoying to have to check everything manually once or twice a day as if not to miss an update.

I have the same issue, the problem in one story started for me when it turned to threadmark 26 (as in, the page turn for threadmarks), then it stopped sending out threadmark alerts. Before that it still works, at least in one thread.

Last edited:
I have the same issue, the problem in one story started for me when it turned to threadmark 26 (as in, the page turn for threadmarks), then it stopped sending out threadmark alerts. Before that it still works, at least in one thread.

Yeah, I have no clue why this is happening.. Didn't even get an alert of your response 😕

Happening to me also. Meanwhile, I seem to get alerts for non-OP replies even if I didn't click / navigate to read the prior one(s).

Happening to me also. Meanwhile, I seem to get alerts for non-OP replies even if I didn't click / navigate to read the prior one(s).
If it happens with just checking your alerts, maybe click on "Preferences" in your alert dropdown and then check if "Generate new alerts without reading threads" has a check. If it has a check, uncheck it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back