• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Notification mail adress changed?

coenenw

Getting out there.
Since a couple of days the email address that sends the notifications for watched threads has changed (from admin@questionablequesting.com to questionablequesting@gmail.com) and now gmail keeps flagging the emails as untrustworthy.

Anyone know why the address was changed (since I never saw an announcement for it)?

PS. Sorry if this was in the wrong forum but I couldn't find somewhere else to put it

Ah, yeah, I changed it.

See, there is no @questionablequesting.com email server anymore. So any attempts to contact the board or admins wouldn't get anywhere, nobody would ever see them. So, I set up a gmail account for that purpose.

I'll look into why it's being flagged, though.

EDIT: I'll change it back, until I figure out why that's happening, too.

Ah, yeah, I changed it.

See, there is no @questionablequesting.com email server anymore. So any attempts to contact the board or admins wouldn't get anywhere, nobody would ever see them. So, I set up a gmail account for that purpose.

I'll look into why it's being flagged, though.

EDIT: I'll change it back, until I figure out why that's happening, too.
Presumably it's getting flagged because the 'from:' field is a gmail.com address but it did not, in fact, come from a gmail server.
I'm sure there's some way you can get the QQ email server registered as a 'authorized sender' or something like that. Failing that, you could just have the 'from:' field be '@questionablequesting.com' and have a 'reply-to:' field that is 'questionablequesting@gmail.com'.

Presumably it's getting flagged because the 'from:' field is a gmail.com address but it did not, in fact, come from a gmail server.
I'm sure there's some way you can get the QQ email server registered as a 'authorized sender' or something like that. Failing that, you could just have the 'from:' field be '@questionablequesting.com' and have a 'reply-to:' field that is 'questionablequesting@gmail.com'.

Yeah, I figured that might be it. But it's all good. alethiophile is fixing it up.

admin@questionablequesting.com will the contact email address, also the board's general email address. Any emails sent to it will be seen by me, once everything is running properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back