• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

PbP Game Interest Check Thread

Biigoh

Primordial Tanuki
So... since, we've got a PbP subforum... why not an interest check thread...

This is basically a thread to see if people are interested in games or for people to look for games or offering to run games and stuff

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF2EX9A7eR8[/embed]​
[embed=425,349]
>_>

<_<

To start off, I have a hankering for something light and fluff... ah hahahahahaha... no... not really... it's not light and fluffy beyond rule set-wise.

Sailor Moon RPG... there are 2 books for it, literally. Rules are an early, early version of BESM.

That's right, Sailor Moon the game... fighting evil by moonlight, being an ordinary school girl by daylight...

Are there any one interested in such a game?[/embed]

It will probably work out that each person looking to run or start a game will have a separate interest topic.

teh elgee said:
It will probably work out that each person looking to run or start a game will have a separate interest topic.

Maybe... but one to start for now? Who knows... it might never fly or it might fly... best we can do is try try try...

Biigoh said:
Sailor Moon RPG... there are 2 books for it, literally. Rules are an early, early version of BESM.

That's right, Sailor Moon the game... fighting evil by moonlight, being an ordinary school girl by daylight...

Are there any one interested in such a game?[/embed]

If you add a shade of yuri, I might be willing to try.

This one would give an opinion; if only it knew what PbP actually was...

PbP = Play-by-Post

It's a way to play games like D&D online that has been around for years.

Never tried (or even heard of) Sailor moon, but I do occasionally enjoy a game of Maid: the RPG, and I'm playing a superhero game over IRC. So yeah, I could go for it. Are you offering to DM, bingo?

Jiven said:

Yuri is up to the players and their backstories and interactions...

Himura said:
This one would give an opinion; if only it knew what PbP actually was...

As noted, it's Play By Post... basically, like table top RPG... only, instead of saying stuff... you post in a thread. ^_^

Guile said:
Never tried (or even heard of) Sailor moon, but I do occasionally enjoy a game of Maid: the RPG, and I'm playing a superhero game over IRC. So yeah, I could go for it. Are you offering to DM, bingo?

You... you have never heard of Sailor Moon? Madness! And yesh, I is offering to DM.

Well that clears some things up.

Now is this an idea topic for anyone or just you?

Sure sounds like fun. Count me interested in playing

Last edited by a moderator:
Himura said:
Well that clears some things up.

Now is this an idea topic for anyone or just you?

Anyone... if you want to post stuff... can't exactly stop you... y'know... and it'd be silly to do so... ^_^

Jiven said:

Guile said:

fitzgerald said:
Sure sounds like fun. Count me interested in playing

So, three players or at least people with interest. Do people need the PDFs for the rule books, because I don't think you can even buy said books nowadays. I should note that I have have 5 spots TOTAL.

Please note that some notion of the genre is necessary...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/SailorMoon

Player Selection : 3/5

I might play, but only if I'm allowed to fuck with the genre.

Dai Mahou Touge~ Anyone?

Vindictus said:
I might play, but only if I'm allowed to fuck with the genre.

Dai Mahou Touge~ Anyone?

Bad Vindictus... this is a light and fluffy magical girl anime... the ruleset does not work with physical beat downs... literally.

I should have said I've never heard of the game. I've picked up some of the sailormoon anime by osmosis. Also called you bingo. Auto-spellchecker sucks.

So, would we playing the scouts, or some similar group, or...?

Vindictus: you could play a very anime-savvy magical girl!

Guile said:
I should have said I've never heard of the game. I've picked up some of the sailormoon anime by osmosis. Also called you bingo. Auto-spellchecker sucks.

So, would we playing the scouts, or some similar group, or...?

Vindictus: you could play a very anime-savvy magical girl!

It's a little known RPG... kind of like Tenchi Muyo RPG... it exists... anime RPG conversions are all over the place...

My experience with games with a one-to-one ratio of players to characters is minimal, but I'll play if you'll have me. If so, I will be needing those PDFs.

Torgamous said:
My experience with games with a one-to-one ratio of players to characters is minimal, but I'll play if you'll have me. If so, I will be needing those PDFs.

So... 4/5 players...

Biigoh said:
It's a little known RPG... kind of like Tenchi Muyo RPG... it exists... anime RPG conversions are all over the place...

Why not use regular BESM? It's like the GURPS of anime.

So... PM has been fired off to players...

I'd suggest taking the names of a couple replacements, for when people inevitably drop out.

That's just the nature of the beast.

Might be willing to help organize (though not GM except as a round robin thing) an MLP based game.

I can either have it with a formal system like FATE or just a standard free form.

Any interest?

I am still waiting for biigoh's Sailor Moon RPG, but I guess in the meantime I can give a shot to something else.

I kind of want to try playing Adeptus Evangelion. I'm not really familiar enough with the Dark Heresy rules to GM, though. Maybe someone would be interested in DMing it?

I'll have to keep an eye on the BESM game if it gets going, curious as to how the system runs.

Personally, I'd like a run some E6 Pathfinder if anyone is interested. I've got vague ideas for a spelljammer campaign, but I'd be willing to go with any plot the players agree on (yes, including crossovers). We'd probably do some in-depth character creation and then go from there.

(E6 is an alternate type of gaming with D&D or Pathfinder where the leveling process stops at 6 and you gain feats every 5000 exp after that. It keeps the whole thing feeling like an epic quest where everyone is useful no matter their class as opposed to the rapidly escalating power gap that develops between casters and non-casters.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back