• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Plot of next part of The End of the Circus (Possible Rule 8 issue)

Pyeknu

Cross-Dimensional Magical Sith GIrl
To Whomever This May Concern,

Apologies for posting this here as I can't find any sort of place to query the mods about a planned plot point in my story The End of the Circus. However, the next scene to be written up will be dealing with issues concerning North Korea and one of the people who contributes to the story warned me of a possible Rule 8 issue with this.

I'm enclosing the suggested plot in this letter. Will this cause issue with Rule 8?

Thanks again!
Fred

Anyhow, the Battle of P'yŏng'yang:

One of the girls whom Tariko met around 2003 was Kim Hyegyŏng. She would be the secret daughter of Kim Chŏngnam, who had been exiled from North Korea that year because of very inappropriate behaviour and embarrassing the hell out of his father Kim Chŏng'il; this would eventually see him killed in real life in 2017 when his half-brother Kim Chŏng'ŭn decided he needed all potential rivals to his leadership of the DPRK removed, especially if they were blood relatives.

Since the story is set in 2012, Chŏngnam is still alive and living in hidden exile in Macau. He won't have anything to do with this story, but his influence on his daughter would make Hyegyŏng realize that if the DPRK was to ultimately survive, the current state of things in the country clearly had to change.

Enter Tariko and a chance to get Gifted.

And what did Hyegyŏng become?

She literally became the reborn Tan'gun-wanggŏm!

How?

Skip back five thousand years for a moment. At the time of the Second Great Expulsion, when the Goa'uld were sent packing by Josef von Taserich and Hosan Hirosuke, there lived a simple farmer named Tan'gun in what would one day become Kojosŏn (the first true kingdom of Korea). He was one of many "Tau'ri" who were kidnapped by the System Lords in hope of trying to expand the population of potential hosts. He would end up being deposited on Yiziba; it was hoped there that people like Tan'gun - who still believed the Goa'uld to be true deities - would make the natives who were descent from those moved to Yiziba from Earth in the Age of Gisan'cha (about 25,000 years ago) accept the Goa'uld as their new gods.

Of course, we know how THAT came to an end! Out comes the second incarnation of Doctor Destructo and the first generation battle dolls - not to mention the first incarnation of the Undertaker - and the Goa'uld were sent fleeing from the local cluster with a wrecked battle fleet, many of the senior system lords dead and Ra forced to spend CENTURIES trying to rebuild things.

Tan'gun would be one of those who were of the first true generation of the Gifted even if he was from Earth.

Unlike the second Doctor Destructo and the others, Tan'gun elected to return back to Earth...which is when he started the process to create Kojosŏn at the site of present-day P'yŏng'yang (then called Asadal). Of course, he wouldn't have children on Earth and hand-trained his own successor to keep the kingdom going, but his experience with the Goa'uld made him wary of allowing Yiziba's power to be spread willy-nilly over a planet that just was liberated from the "children of the gods". So at the twilight of his life, Tan'gun would return to Yiziba and return to simple farming, eventually meeting his wife and having a family.

It was from that family that the Yizibajohei kingdom of Kuorim - this is the translation of "Chosŏn" in Yizibajohei - would rise.

From that time onward, the Gift seed that had empowered Tan'gun all those years ago was kept as the supreme treasure of the rulers of Kuorim, which allowed them to defend themselves from rival powers on the eastern equatorial continent (the analogue of Asia on Yiziba).

Then the Dawn of Power came.

The ruler of Kuorim at the time was Nierie Nem. On seeing that rival empires, dictatorships and kingdoms across Yiziba were preparing metahuman combat forces, she ordered her government to do the same. But in a twist, she elected to "lead by example" by absorbing Tan'gun's old Gift crystal to become the new Sandalwood Empress; the term Gamtom-uodim is the local translation of "Tangun-wanggŏm". With that, she would personally lead her metahuman armies into the field in a reflection of what the first self of Rajah (today Earnest Wilder) did...though Nierie would never join the Unending League.

Now, we skip to today. Thanks to her father's foolishness, Hyegyŏng knows she's a marked woman due to her uncle's desire to solidify his control over the DPRK in the wake of his father's (and her grandfather's) death just after the Tag Race in 2011. To ensure this happens, there can be no family rivals to Uncle Chŏng'ŭn, which means that Hyegyŏng, her father and other siblings all have targets on their head. However, thanks to the knowledge she inherited from Tan'gun himself when she allowed herself to be Gifted, Hyegyŏng knows where her first-self's hidden base in Korea is located. And that's under Moran-bong, a hundred metres below the foundation of the P'yŏng'yang Television Tower near the north shore of the Taedong River about 1600 metres northeast of where the USS Pueblo is now docked and 2,000 metres west of southwest from where Hyegyŏng's grandfather and great-grandfather are mummified in the Kŭmsusan Palace of the Sun.

So once she decided she's going to overthrow her uncle eventually, Hyegyŏng activates all the captured Goa'uld (and ultimate Ancient) tech that had been in storage in Asadal Base. Along the way, she brings in samples of tech her previous selves had collected over the last two millennia. With that, she discovers a Shōzoki attempt at infiltrating androids into the country to turn the "hermit kingdom" into a perfect base to spread their wares willy-nilly over Earth. Keeping in mind that these particular androids all answer to Mother, the Sandalwood Empress easily seizes control over them and uses them to infiltrate groups such as the Korean People's Army (the armed forces), the Ministry of People's Security (the internal police force), the State Security Department (the internal secret police) and the Reconnaissance General Bureau (the external intelligence agency) and all its interesting sub-departments such as Unit 180 (one of the cyberwarfare elements of the RGB responsible for getting funds into the country past UN sanctions).

Atop that, knowing that the people of the DPRK are effectively starving, Hyegyŏng has some of her people seed mesonium into the food supply. This wouldn't be enough to make them metahumans, but would definitely make for a healthier workforce. While a strong believer in the concept of Chuch'e, the concept of self-reliance that the country her great-grandfather had established is SUPPOSED to be run by, she knows that her father is quite right and that the time has LONG SINCE PASSED for reforms to be unleashed.

And if such means an internal North Korean civil war, so be it.

This is what brings Leno Lu'umlo into the situation.

As established in A "Quiet" Time in Delaware, Leno sees the need for a form of "balance" between the faces and the heels of Yiziba. In one way, he's right; since Tariko and those like her have often gone after people who would be more inclined to become faces or face-like neutrals, there is a need for heels or heel-like neutrals to come back and keep things fresh both on Yiziba and Earth. After all, just having Margo Black as Doctor Death just doesn't ultimately do it. So he accepts Hyegyŏng's invitation to come scout North Korea out for potential Gift recipients. With all her android operatives in strategic places across the DPRK, there can be no interference from the forces loyal to Uncle Chŏng'ŭn, especially since I personally see Leno as a Yizibajohei analogue of Jim Jones without the tendency of enforcing mass suicide on his followers.

However...!

Remember all the Goa'uld and Ancient tech that Hyegyŏng has? Well, it helped her retrieve certain things, such as the Beta Gate in Antarctica; this would be before the Stargate SG-1 episode "Solitudes", so the NID hasn't got hold of it. However, Hyegyŏng has met Jack O'Neill and Samantha Carter, so people in the SGC are confident that the Beta Gate is safe; after all, "She's one of Tariko's friends!" Of course, the National Intelligence Departmentwho are often serious bug-bears to the SGC don't care for the idea of a North Korean having a Stargate of all things, Gifted by Tariko Katabarbe or not! So they're trying to alert Uncle Chŏng'ŭn about his niece's actions, which have to be intercepted by Hyegyŏng's people, giving her the chance to insert android and gynoid operatives in the NID! Atop that, there are the Goa'uld, specifically a just-reborn Osiris (in the body of Daniel Jackson's friend Sarah Gardner)! Since Osiris has no real idea about the Yizibajohei thanks to it having spent time in a canopic jar for nine thousand years, it (now she) thinks Hyegyŏng would be easy to deal with.

Of course, Hyegyŏng has memories of the "gods" who ruined the lives of MILLIONS all those years ago, so she decides to make it...fun!

"Oh, Osiris-ssi! Cute body you've got now! By the way, I saved your wife from being killed when those pabo archaeologists mishandled her canopic jar...and turned her into my personal SLAVE!"

You can guess how Osiris would react to that; no matter what, Osiris loves Isis as much as Apophis loves Amaunet!

So we have Goa'uld moving to infiltrate the DPRK through China to locate Isis (now called Isis Taylor as Hyegyŏng did a sort of soul-shift to get her into a normal battle doll body...and thus lead her into becoming the new Cadaverine [R'beake]).

Uncle Chŏng'ŭn learning from those of the NID who didn't get replaced by androids that his niece is up to no good...but he has no idea where she is!

And there are many North Koreans who are getting the chance to be Gifted thanks to Leno!

And right in the middle is the reborn USS Pueblo (LT Marlene Bucher-Flanagan USN), who was turned into a shipgirl thanks to a pianist named An Chaeyong (from The West Wing episode "Han"), who just learned from one of Hyegyŏng's gynoid servants about shipgirls!

Let the Chaos begin...!

Don't think stuff about North Korea should be an issue, myself.

Also, you could have used private messages for that, you know?

Don't think stuff about North Korea should be an issue, myself.

Also, you could have used private messages for that, you know?

Didn't know you could do that when it came to issues like this. I'm something of a newbie on this board, so I'm still getting used to things.

Honestly, it's actually nice that you checked to make sure it wouldn't break the rules.

No problem. I got burned badly over on SpaceBattles when the content of the story rose some eyebrows...and this was a YEAR after I first started writing the story.

Better be safe than sorry.

Thanks again.

While I am not familiar with this story, I have read other Pyeknu's stories. I do not believe this will be much of an issue, as while he tends to often weaves the fantastical into the normal. he doesn't dwell to much on real world politics. While it may edge up against current politics, I doubt we will have much cause of concern in the matter.

While I am not familiar with this story, I have read other Pyeknu's stories. I do not believe this will be much of an issue, as while he tends to often weaves the fantastical into the normal. he doesn't dwell to much on real world politics. While it may edge up against current politics, I doubt we will have much cause of concern in the matter.

True. And since The West Wing is one of the shows my story is based on, the politics of North Korea - if at that - wouldn't really reflect what's going on these days.

I'm inclined to extend a strong benefit of the doubt to stories themselves regarding Rule 8 concerns. Unless you're actually trying to use a story as an excuse to start a political shitstorm, I don't think it'll be a problem.

A geopolitical drama based loosely on modern state politics, as this seems to be, should be just fine.

I'm inclined to extend a strong benefit of the doubt to stories themselves regarding Rule 8 concerns. Unless you're actually trying to use a story as an excuse to start a political shitstorm, I don't think it'll be a problem.

A geopolitical drama based loosely on modern state politics, as this seems to be, should be just fine.

I'm not one for flame wars, so you don't have to worry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back