• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

QQ Lagging?

Bloodalchemy

Versed in the lewd.
For the last two days QQ has been very laggy for me. Each page is taking 10-20+ seconds to load and posting a reply on any thread can take upwards of a minute. During that same time I keep seeing a bunch of double posts by people who i never see doing it before which I think it related.

Am I going crazy or is similar stuff happening for other people?

I don't know about numbers, but I can agree that it feels notably slower than usual. How long things take to post is the big one. Pretty sure nothing's changed on my end, so I'm speculating like "maybe the server move was to a server with a slower connection? maybe there's some sort of duplication that's causing the slowdown?" etcetera.

That was my first thought as well. But I didn't notice any lag issues for like a week after the move. The only issues were the search and images not working since their respective caches needed to be rebuilt.

Sometimes the cursor doesn't even appear when editing posts.

Personally I'll take lagging over not working. Thought it was my internet though. Connection always likes to do the Electric Slide on me.

I agree. But I am curious what is causing the lag and there haven't been any posts from mods about it so I wanted to know if it was just me or not.

I agree it has been rather slow to load in general for me.

With no changes on my end (460mbs down/20 up)
The last maintenance yesterday seemed like it had no effect

Edit and double posts

Noting a lag just now, around 2 or 5 minutes ago.

I'm not on my usual Internet, I'm somewhere faster right now. But I just had a post go through so fast that I thought it had failed. So. Maybe it's better now?

Still lagging, usually browse this forums effortlessly. Did a double take and thought it was my internet, but then remember about the server upgrade. Also rss threadmark still not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back