• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

QQ Writing Club

GiftofLove

A Gift From The Heart
QQ Writing Club
-

Join the Writing Club and commit to pushing your limits! Writing Club is a community wide exercise for raising your productivity.

*New* If you complete a challenge every day for a week (7 days) you will receive a special banner for your dedication! This banner only lasts a week however, so if you want to keep it around you'll have to keep meeting challenges!

Challenges are intended to be done daily. All you need to do to sign up is post what challenge you wish to attempt. Your name will then be added to the list. Once you've signed up you can immediately begin updating the thread with your progress! Please limit yourself to one challenge update a day. The cut off for each day is 10:00 P.M. (UTC/GMT -5)

If your name is in red you failed to meet your challenge for the day.
If your name is in green you succeeded in meeting your challenge for the day.

300 words

500 words

800 words

1200 words
Balphozet

1700 words

2300 words

3000 words

3800 words

4700 words

5000 words

300 words

500 words

800 words

1200 words

1700 words

2300 words

3000 words

3800 words

4700 words

5000 words
300 words: kinglugia (41), theweepingman (4), Biigoh (1), Zege (4), GiftofLove (50), atheliophile (1), akitsu91 (4), Nolrai2 (1), Logos (1)
500 words: Xicree (6), GiftofLove (6), akitsu91 (10), theweepingman (2), Ack (1), Nekraa (3), Can'tthinkofaname (1), kinglugia (21), Zege (2), Gibbousmoons (17), alethiophile (2), Nolrai2 (1), ArnaudB (1)
800 words: Xicree (3), ArnaudB (2), Zege (4), Biigoh (3), theweepingman (8), kinglugia (10), akitsu91 (4), Gibbousmoons (3), TanaNari (3), Cambrian (1), Logos (2), AnotherMoniker (1)
1200 words: Zege (3), kinglugia (3), Gibbousmoons (1), akitsu91 (1), theweepingman (1), TanaNari (1), Balphozet (1)
1700 words: Zege (2), akitsu91 (3), Cambrian (4), Gibbousmoons (1), kinglugia (1), Xicree (1), TanaNari (5), ArnaudB (2), AnotherMoniker (1)
2300 words
: TanaNari(1), Cambrian (1), ArnaudB (4), kinglugia (1)
3000 words:
TanaNari (49) SamPardi (1), Cambrian (2), Gibbousmoons (1)
3800 words: TanaNari(3), Cambrian (1)
4700 words:
5000 words:
TanaNari(6), SamPardi (1)

Last edited:
2300? That's an easy enough goal. Consider me signed.

Oh, and I've succeeded retroactively with a total of about 3k. See you tomorrow. :p

Pft. If you big shots want bigger challenges I'll happily oblige.

Hit my goal at 538.

Goal is 300 words...

I'll get around to it!
...eventually.

Alright, I updated the sheet for today. Good luck and good writing!

1950 for the start of the day. So I'm pledging that 3800, just to be the first that reaches it. :p

... Also... I suspect my posting here is just to stroke my ego...
100% fine. You're encouraged to brag about hitting your pledge for the day.

Just being here helps. The whole idea is to encourage people to start writing a little every day, and from there to stretch their limits. The more people that are seen succeeding at their challenges, the better. No one wants to be the one guy who failed, right?

So I have 2028 words in my text box, although a fair amount of it will be gone. 949 words of dialog that will stay in the scene so I suppose it's more accurate.

We count only readable stuff for the wordcount, right?

Still, challenge complete!

Pledge failed.

I don't even have a good excuse as to why I didn't get around to it, other than I was tired today.

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back