• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Request: Conversation/PM Like Button

AnalyticalOne

She Who Writes Monsters
/Title. Even if posts in conversations don't count toward like or reply count - and I certainly hope they don't start, it'd tank my ratio - having a quick approval button seems faster and rather less annoying than a full-fledged approval response with little to no content. The latter can sometimes feel a bit like spam.

Request born from the following idle exchange:
AnalyticalOne said:
I wish the "like" button functioned in PMs. Faster than a proper reply, still indicates I saw and thought it was helpful. :p
PM Person #1 said:
Does it count as irony that my first instinct was to Like this post?
PM Person #2 said:
Yup, that's definitely a thing I wish they had turned on on this instance.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conversation-improvements-by-xon.4518/
Article:
Features
  • Adds conversation search, with options to search by recipient.
  • New Conversation Permissions
  • Adds an 'IP' button like posts have which allows the IP of the user to be viewed.
  • Conversation Likes.
  • Conversation Message Edit history
  • Conversation Title Edit history
  • Allow conversations with no-one (default off)

Github project is MIT license, so hopefully just operator time to get it installed and configured?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back