• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

A fluke event during a confrontation between Rouge the Bat, Miles "Tails" Prower, and Dr. Eggman leads to the manifestation of a chaos-generated clone of Rouge who happens to be the mental amalgamation of all three (plus an unknown Outsider).

Join Roulette on her journey to determine who she is and who she chooses to be. And be ready for a ride, because this girl doesn't just have issues, she has su
Roulette-R (Sonic AU/SI) ch01 New

Tangent

Know what you're doing yet?
ROULETTE-R
A Sonic the Hedgehog AU/SI fic

There was a crack of thunder accompanying an actinic flash as lighting struck Rouge, who was currently holding the blue Chaos Emerald she had just liberated from Dr. Robotnik's device, with secondary arcs passing from her through Tails and the Eggman himself before flowing back into the blue gem and out the other side. All of which taking place in less than a second, however much longer it may have seemed to those experiencing it and leaving four of the three individuals laying spasming on the floor as the lingering vestiges of electrical energy coursing through them arced and danced across them for a moment longer before fully dissipating.

The fourth figure, who had not been there before, was the first to get up, grabbing the Chaos Emerald in the process, and she immediately stepped up to the nearest console to type in a couple of commands that she had no business knowing before flying away into a side corridor even as the other three recovered.

Rouge quickly kicked Eggman, knocking him into the nearest wall as Tails spot-checked the consoles then took to the air, following Rouge as she flew into the same side corridor that her new double had.

"Your clone somehow bricked the console back there," Tails commented. "I didn't know you knew how to do that."

"I don't," Rouge denied in a frustrated tone, seeing no trace of either her double or the Chaos Emerald anywhere. There were too many corridor junctions, pipes and ventilation shafts everywhere, and enough background noise to make finding anyone difficult if they knew what they were doing.

"I, uh… couldn't help noticing that your double wasn't wearing…" Tails started awkwardly with a growing blush as a certain part of him now stood at attention. Mostly because he had never seen Rouge fully nude before despite the fact that the bat usually chose to dress to accentuate her shapely body.

"Not the time, Foxboy," Rouge interrupted that particular conversation abruptly, intending to continue it basically never. And then she decided to divert it down a different track instead. "Although, given her lack of attire, she's probably heading for one of the fabricators used back when this facility still made Shadow clones."

"That makes sense, I guess," Tails responded. Then his receding blush returned with greater intensity! "Wait, don't those fabbers only produce…"

"I know! Now where's the nearest one?"

"How the heck would I know?"

O o O o O​

I cursed quietly to myself as I entered the codes to activate the dispenser and produce a set of Shadow's regular outfit. Which is to say, shoes, socks, gloves, and chaos regulator bands. I didn't worry about resizing them as I somehow knew that the chaos energy still leaking off of me would take care of that, but would it really have been too much to have these fabricators able to dispense other types of clothing? If I had time, I knew I could reprogram them myself, but I didn't so I just shut the fabber down and took off.

Literally.

The nice thing about Shadow's shoes was that they each had a row of small thrusters that sort of acted like inline skates. Much like the hoverboots from the Ratchet and Clank games, really, but much faster.

The great thing about that was that I had wings, which let me apply a controlled lifting force to go with all that thrust. The main reason Shadow didn't spend more time in the air was that he had so few ways to control where he went unless he cut loose. Whereas I had Rouge's body, or at least a chaos produced copy of her body, and the knowledge and muscle memory of how to use her wings.

Honestly, I'd probably be freaking out right now if I had any time to do so, but I was in a bit of a rush so I differed my panic until later. Things to do, plans to foil, and so little time before a genius like Robotnik realized what I was planning to do based on what I was already doing. Which is why the first thing I had done was to purge then brick the control room I had appeared in via the console located there. The longer Eggman was denied information, the longer I had until he started devising effective ways to prevent me from accomplishing my goals.

On the face of it, my self-appointed mission, given to me by myself based on my own authority over me, was simple: Asset denial.

Okay, I was probably messed up in the head, as that sounded arrogant even in the privacy of my own thoughts, but I couldn't let that stop me. This was Doctor Robotnik. The man was dangerous. And killing him wasn't really an option for several reasons. Not the least of which being that I didn't really want to kill anyone unless there wasn't any other option, but in Eggman's case there wasn't really much point as it would both take too long and wouldn't do any good as he'd just show up again later anyway.

Better to let his current body be and have to recover naturally than to force him to reboot into yet another copy of himself.

Ah, here we go! Just the air gapped server I was looking for!

Enter these commands to delete the pertinent data, followed by another set of commands to overwrite the deleted section with new and different randomized garbage data, rinse and repeat a few times, and finish everything off by purging and bricking the servers.

I'd like to see anyone try to recover anything from that mess!

Oh, wait, no I wouldn't.

So I disabled the fire detection system for this server room, then set everything on fire before leaving.

One facility down, one flying fortress to disable before I moved on to Dr. Robotnik's current hidden base.

Actual clothes would be nice if I happened to come across anything that fit Rouge on the way, but those were way down on my list of priorities as a nice to have but not necessary item that I simply did not have time to purposely divert from my goals to go for.

Besides, even if Rouge was oddly a bit body shy due to her general lack of body fur, I oddly didn't seem to have that particular hangup, and Mobian Casual as the nearly nude style was known by, basically left nothing to the imagination anyway…

O o O o O​

"Your double is a surprisingly effective and efficient saboteur," Tails commented to his impromptu partner as he and Rouge watched Eggman's airship crash into the nearby coastal cliffs through one of the facility's windows.

"Well, she certainly knows how to make an impression," Rouge admitted, torn between frustration and begrudging admiration. "We should probably regroup with our respective teams and try to figure out what my double's goals are, because I wouldn't even know where to begin to accomplish that particular feat this quickly."

"Well, at least she doesn't seem to be working with Eggman."

"There is that, yes."

O o O o O​

I had made two quick stops on the way here to cause a couple of Dr. Robotnik's outpost bases to self-destruct. More as a stopgap to slow the villain down and buy myself some time to run amok in his main hidden base than anything else.

Time enough to program a fabber to start producing a more complete set of outfit and gear while I busied myself with running rampant through his systems with my newfound chaos-granted skills.

Mentally, I seemed to be an amalgamation of Rouge, Miles, Dr. Robotnik, and some outsider for whom each of the previous three had been fictional characters. Which was patently ridiculous in the face of my current existence, but that perspective seemed to be the basis for my current personality, so I guess the Reality as Myth hypothesis for the multiverse theory gained a few points.

It really would have been better had this outsider's memories been better though, or if they had been focussed on the continuity that I actually found myself in.

Which was one of the versions in which Team Dark had formed, obviously.

Sonic was a hero, which was good. Somewhat arrogant, but definitely heroically inclined, which I took to be a very good sign.

Princess Sally Acorn was a thing, rocking the boots and vest aesthetic, albeit this left her otherwise unadorned body a bit more explicitly detailed than the outside part of me expected, as neither nipples nor genitals were actually hidden very well on this version of Mobius. Not exactly full display, but not really enough for discrete physical modesty either. Anyway, leaving that thought for another time, Sally was in some sort of relationship with Sonic. Though there were no signs that they were thinking about marriage yet, so I might be relatively early in the timeline of what the outsider referred to as either the SatAM or Archie continuities…

Except that the Dr. Robotnik who was now part of me had never been Julian Kintobor of House Ivo. He was born Ivo Julian Robotnik and had never once looked like the version of Dr. Robotnik from SatAM or early Archie. The version of the doctor in this world was more in line with the physique and aesthetics that first appeared in the Sonic Adventures games and refined since. Although this Dr. Robotnik hadn't had the mental break that had caused him to become Mr. Tinker in some continuities, meaning that Dr. Starline either might not exist in this reality, or simply hadn't revealed himself yet.

No matter, that was unimportant and would remain so for a while yet. Not to ignore the issue, of course, but there were other priorities to take care of first.

Such as purging decades worth of accumulated research data from this base's systems and getting dressed before setting the self-destruct timer and leaving.

There were a few more hidden outposts with back-up data to take care of, but once that had been taken care of, I will have given this version of Mobius the greatest gift I could.

The gift of time.

I was taking a big gamble here, but was buying everyone time.

A gamble…

I have a name for myself now.

I am Roulette.

As the title block says, while the setting for ROULETTE-R is that of Sonic the Hedgehog in general, this is specifically a mixed Alternate Universe continuity drawing elements from the various games, comics, cartoons, and other media, and should be considered its own thing existing in tandem with the various canon and non-canon continuities in the greater Sonicverse.

Of note, and something that I will state right now, this particular iteration of the Sonic continuity has already been overwritten at least twice prior to Roulette manifesting on Mobius. Albeit this is something that very few within the setting are aware of and even fewer actually believe.

Anyway, this is going to be a slightly naughtier version of my ROULETTE fic (without the -R) over on SpaceBattles. While I'm not going to rewrite or modify every chapter, I probably will be making things just that much more explicite here and there.

Roulette-R is being posted here on QQ at the request of @DReznov, for the purpose of smuttier sidestories, omake skits, and ideas...

tumblr_owv9e6jtvT1uwb389o1_1280.png

basically something to more easily differentiate Roulette from Rouge without her just going about wearing nothing but a copy of Shadow's shoes and gloves.
ddbr58u-e944d4ab-e92f-4ea1-8e9e-ce4b5bbeba21.png

I like several elements of this one, although I'm not much of a fan for the red eyeshadow.
0a81e7a8ee0f57fa3588c7e44bd1f77e.jpg

This look is almost perfect for one of Roulette's day to day sets, and shows how she wears Princess Sally's gift!

Also, once Sally starts wearing more, Roulette can say that she's copying her look!
rouge_the_bat_prototype_heroes_outfit_by_nibroc_rock_df4n2nn-414w-2x.png

I like this one, so Roulette is probably going to add this to her wardrobe options soon.
rouge_the_bat_in_a_sexy_bikini_by_sophiasu_d7z05b0-414w-2x.png

Probably mostly to mess with Rouge, but she'd still wear it as one of her day-to-day options.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back