• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Rule 7 Question, and a question of reporting Mods

Akuma-Heika

The Devil Exists Within
IF you make a post to a dead thread, it must be a significant contribution; story update, new information on current events, new activity for games elsewhere, etc.
What qualifies here? I have seen people post on a dead thread, in ways I would think would qualify, but they still got warned, and even caused threads to be locked down. I would like more specifics on what is allowed, since it seems like the mods might be bots, since it doesn't seem to matter what is posted only who posted it, aka OP good, not OP bad.

Another thing is if a mod skirts, or outright breaks, a Rule, should we just Report them as normal? Happened to me once months back (maybe a year or two, now that I think about it), and I was pissed and after letting myself cool off, I just moved past it, but now I am wondering if I should have said something. It seems obvious, but considering that mods are likely the ones reviewing Reports, I was curious if more should be done or not, if I ever have the same issue (considering it has only happened to me personally once, and I might have seen one other case [at least I feel like I saw something that skirted Rule 1], it isn't commonplace [PRAISE QQ], this is more of a hypothetical than anything).

If you ask me what thread, I have no idea. I would guess one of the Questing or Creative Writing Boards, but that is all I could suggest. I don't even remember what was said, just that I think we got into an debate/argument, I apologized, and their response was far from civil.

Thanks for any answers!

A contribution would be something like an omake or fanart, I believe. Alternatively bringing attention to the fact that the author continues the story/quest somewhere else. But it's honestly best not to necro :V

If you see a mod break the rules, you report them like normal users. If you want an appeal regarding a mod decision, PM tehelgee and politely explain your position and why the moderator decision should be changed.

I'd like some clarification for this rule myself since I just got a snips and ideas thread locked, for asking for snips for an idea I had.

https://forum.questionablequesting....k-shipping-emporium-ship-all-the-people.1833/

What I posted.
So, random idea, what happens when you drop a 600 million year old, first spawn of the Elder Things, Ancient Shoggoth in random settings at random times and in generally random places?

I actually want to see a few Mass Effect snips/shorts, one where it shows up on Earth before they find the Mars Cache, maybe it is found inside the Cache, or it finds its way onto the Normandy, or shows up on Eden Prime when Shepard is there during the Reaper/Geth attack, maybe it shows up when Saren and Nihlus have their chat and prevent Saren from killing Nihlus, or maybe it shows up during the mission which involved Saren and Anderson.

Also wanting things for Halo, Warcraft, Warhammer, Warhammer 330-40k, Warframe, Starcraft and Stargate.

Nothing for Worm cause we already got/are getting that.

The mod ruling.
Do ensure that you check the date of the last post before you revive a dead thread.

Three for three is plenty; when the original author wants this re-opened they can PM a mod.

If you see a mod break the rules, you report them like normal users. If you want an appeal regarding a mod decision, PM tehelgee and politely explain your position and why the moderator decision should be changed.

Oh didn't see this line to start with, eh I'll leave this here and still aks

I'd like some clarification for this rule myself since I just got a snips and ideas thread locked, for asking for snips for an idea I had.
Well, perhaps the mod thought it was a single-author snip thread rather than a collaborative one? I sure know that I would have thought that from the title.

I really hope that it doesn't end up locked forever (...and it would probably be locked forever, or at least really long, because the official "original author" isn't really active any more) over a misunderstanding... even if it's really the "misunderstanding" part that I'm most bothered with.

Oh didn't see this line to start with, eh I'll leave this here and still aks
While this was on topic, certainly, we judged it was not substantive enough to avoid breaking Rule 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back