• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

How Do You Like Grimm Tales?

• Total voters
Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

This is the tale of a little red girl destined for pain...
Master Index

Camron Davis

Getting some practice in, huh?
rwby_grimm_tales_team_rwby_by_darkesper-d8r8lgw.png

This is the tale of a little red girl destined for pain...
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Grimm Tales is a tale about one little red girl named Ruby living in a dark world.

After suffering tragedy after tragedy, her spirit has become broken and her hope has been sapped completely, making her a nervous, cynical wreck. Two years following a rather horrifying event, she finds herself residing in the city of Vale along with her big sister, Yang. From there, they will meet many interesting characters and, unintentional, get involved in many touching, horrifying, laugh-out-loud, heartwarming stories that make up this tale.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

• Latest Updates •

Story Update: Chapter 1 Scene 4

• Story Table of Contents •

0: A Tale of the Little Red Girl [Read] - [Fully illustrated Version]
1: A Tale of Two Sisters [Scene 1] - [Scene 2] - [Scene 3] - [Scene 4]

Last edited:
0 | The Little Red Girl
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

rwby_grimm_tales_0__the_little_red_girl_poster_by_darkesper-d83doxn.png
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is also fully illustrated. If you wish to read that version, click the following link:

[0: A Tale of the Little Red Girl (Fully Illustrated)]

Once upon a time… there was a little red girl…

This little red girl had dreams filled with roses. These dreams were reoccurring and exactly the same as the ones before.

In these dreams, she would be sleeping in a vast field of bright green grass and red roses, an ocean of blue hanging above.

As a soft wind blew through her crimson red hair, she would stir awake.

She'd sit up rubbing her large, silver eyes, rested from her long nap. Fully awake, she would stand to her two little feet and stretch, a loud yawn escaping her lips. All the while, an innocent smile was etched across her face.

All of a sudden, a white rose petal would gently fall, encapsulating her with it's beauty. A strong wind would roll through and the little red girl would begin to notice more of the beautiful rose petals circle her.

Like a whirlwind of beauty, the wind carried the white roses in an alluring spiral above the child. For some reason, this occurrence entranced her. She found herself hypnotized by the white that surrounded her. It somehow… made her feel calm… safe… warm…

That was when she felt a presence. A familiar, yet unknown aura, alluring, beckoning. It is not long before she finds the source… and sees her.

A beautiful white cloaked figure, perched in the middle of the seemingly endless field of roses.

She would look to the long, white-coated figure with astonishment of how one being could be that gorgeous. Her eyes would sparkle in wonder, but she would also be strangely nervous. She was always worried about going up to the beautiful cloaked figure, afraid of bothering it's silent meditating.

However, in spite of that fear, she would always approach, whether she wanted to or not. The pure sight of that lone figure would cause her mind to go blank and she would heed to the alluring calls of the beauty before her. Slowly, she walked to her destination and reached out. The white cloak would be in her reach. She would simply need to grab hold of it. So, she would. And every time she did…

A red sea would appear…

A body of blood red would stretch endlessly. A dark sky loomed above. Over the horizon, a large red moon sat, piercing into her fragile heart. The light would shine and illuminate her sole existence in that horrid place.

"Why…? Why does this keep happening…?" she would ask. "Why do I keep coming here…?!"

She would bash her head and pinch herself, bite her own arm until blood pooled down it, yank her own red hair, and even fall into the red sea. But it would never matter… She would always float back to the surface and she would always see the same dark sky and the same red moon. As she floats there, sad, scared, alone… she feels tears start to stream down her cheeks.

"I don't want to do this anymore… I don't want to come here… I hate this place… I want to go home, mama… Please just take me home… Please…"

But every time… no one would answer. And every time… she was forever alone…

Such is the tale of the little red girl…

grimm_tales_logo_by_darkesper-d7kpx63.png

And as time flows on through a never-ending stream of fate… this tale will begin…

Master Index | Next Chapter >

Last edited:
1 | Two Sisters
< Previous Chapter | Master Index | Next Scene >

rwby_grimm_tales_1__a_tale_of_two_sisters_poster_by_darkesper-d7kpzis.png

This is Remnant.

This is the world we live in. It's a world full of wonder and beauty. It is also a world filled with darkness and strife. Mankind resides under the mercy of a beast. A beast we know as Grimm: harbingers of destruction and vessels of darkness. They seek one thing and one thing only: to bring about the desolation of all life. They are driven by nothing other than that.

Humanity, however, did not take too kindly to such malicious agendas. Humanity rose to the challenge and decided to fight back with it's oppressors in an all out war to maintain their right to life in this beautiful yet cruel world.

Specially chosen individuals are chosen to combat the creatures of black and send them back to the depths of Hell from which they came. They are the last line of defense against the Grimm, and the only thing keeping humanity from facing extinction.

These warriors are known as Hunters. They are our last hope for survival.

A simple of tale of good and evil is all this is on the surface. But when has anything ever been that simple? Why would such a conflict boil down to such black and white morals? How could anyone ever believe such a tale as this? No… This is not the story of humanity's plight against the darkness. This isn't the legend of a simple war. This is not the folklore of heroes and villains.

This is the tale of a path of darkness that one young girl will be forced to take. A tale of a small child living in this beautiful yet cruel world we call home. A tale of her life in the ever growing void of darkness we call Remnant.

This is the tale of a little red girl destined for pain…

And this tale begins in a small town. A small town called Patch. A small town a certain little red girl called home.

a_tale_of_two_sisters_by_darkesper-d7kpv0t.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

1_welcome_home_copy_by_darkesper-d8pj0jr.png

"Ruby… Ruby!"

She turns in the direction of the voice that called out to her. The much older blonde man smiles from his seat on the bench. She gives him a questioning look as she pulls down her red headphones from her ears. He simply points behind the young girl, prompting her to look in the direction he motioned to. Her lips parted and her eyes widened at the sight.

"Is that…?"

The golden blonde hair made the woman stand out from the crowd of wandering civilians going about their own business. Her sparkling purple eyes wandered around the area most likely in search of the family that had been waiting for her arrival. She held a large duffle bag in her left hand, her bandaged right carrying a small, ruffled piece of paper. The young redhead wanted to yell out for the blonde's attention, but that wouldn't be necessary. She finds herself staring into bright purple eyes as she's finally noticed.

1_big_dumb_smile_copy_by_darkesper-d8pj0kc.png

A large smile spreads across the older girl's face and she begins to wave excitedly at the child. Taking up her travel bag, she starts to walk over fast. However, the young girl can no longer contain herself and she sprints the rest of the way. The moment the distance is closed between the two girls, Ruby wraps her arms around the blonde tightly, a large smile on her face.

1_i_missed_you__sis_copy_by_darkesper-d8pj0k2.png

"God, I missed this," the blonde says as she returns her little sister's warm embrace.

"I missed you, Yang…" Ruby says softly, an uncontainable happiness in her voice.

Yang smiles as she buries her face into her sibling's red hair. "Right back at ya', sis…"

"Yang Xiao Long, what is with that hair?!"

She could actually feel her older sister go stiff at the sound of their mother's voice. Ruby, arms still around Yang, turns to her mother to see her walking toward the two with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Why the hell is it so long?" her mother nags. "Do they not have barbershops up in Vale City?"

"Good to see you, too, mom. Yeah, I'm fine, how about you? Of course I had fun at school. It was a blast," Yang says sarcastically.

"Don't you get smart with me, you little ass. Did I, or did I not tell you take care of yourself while away? Why did you let your hair grow out so much?"

"Mom! I just got home. Do you think you could hold off on the nagging until we at least get to the house?"

"Song, are really going to bash on Yang already?" their dad steps in, sounding just as annoyed as Yang did.

"You bet your ass I'm gonna bash on her," her mom says. "I mean, look at that hair, it reaches down to the back of her friggin' knees!"

"Swear." Ruby decides to cut in.

Her mother looks down at her. "What?"

"You said a swear. You know swearing isn't allowed, Song."

Her mom's eye twitches at Ruby's words and Yang can be seen smirking mockingly at the much older blonde.

"Okay, whatever," she says, throwing her hands up, vexed, "Little piss-ant…"

"Swear," Ruby catches that.

"Oh my god, how did you even hear…?! Fine! Sheesh! Can we just go home and get some dinner already?"

Yang grins at Ruby as their mother storms off, still going off at the mouth. "God, I missed you, baby sis."

The redhead smiles up at her sister.

"Want me to get that for you, sweetie?" their dad asks Yang, pointing to her bag.

"Nah, I got it, pops. Come on, sis, I've been on that train for hours and I am starving."

"Yeah," Ruby says as she takes Yang's free hand. "Song made a huge meal for us, too!"

"Really? What'd she cook?"

"Oh, a whole bunch of stuff! It's practically a feast at home! When we left she had just made…"

The two sister's conversation goes on as they walk to the car. Their father places his hands in his pockets with a small grin. "Looks like the gang's all back together."

With that, he follows behind his family to get his girls home and fill their bellies up with his wife's heavenly cooking.

< Previous Chapter | Master Index | Next Scene >

Last edited:
Back