• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

RWBY and JNPR are surprised by a substitute teacher, John Luna, a mysterious man who quickly captures the attention of all the students.

Behind the armored teacher's facade lies a turbulent past and a deep connection with the students.
00)

RenanPMoraes

Getting out there.
RWBY and JNPR are surprised by a substitute teacher, John Luna, a mysterious man who quickly captures the attention of all the students.

Behind the armored teacher's facade lies a turbulent past and a deep connection with the students.

757ffc50eceba428825e13dfcbf2f57f.jpg

01) Substitute
Bom dia pessoas,

[-] I wrote this Oneshot a while ago.
[-] If the reception of this story is positive, I will turn it into a series. So if you liked it, leave a comment.

RP # Pov: Pyrrha Nikos

Professor Goodwitch can't teach today, so when we arrived at the classroom we were greeted by a substitute teacher who, according to Yang, he is 'a blonde Dilf'.

I even agree that he is handsome, tall and muscular, but I have never been attracted to older men.

'And his beard, combined with the fact that he's wearing old, rusty armor, makes him look like a beggar.' I think to myself, staring at the teacher.

When the teacher asked for volunteers to fight him, many girls and some boys wanted a chance, but it was Yang and Weiss who stood out by standing up and asking loudly. Both were very interested in 'engaging' with the teacher in the ring.

"GO YANG!" Nora shouted from my side. "BREAK HIS LEGS!"

"Nora, she is less than 10 meters in front of us." Her partner complains. "You don't need to scream."

"Sorry, Renny." Nora said, making a dog face at her partner.

Nora's reaction might have been exaggerated, but it was normal to root for a friend, especially one who was losing so badly.

"Stay still!" Yang grumbled at her opponent, dodging another blow.

"Nop." Said the armored man in a playful tone.

"HARG!" Yelled Yang trying to hit the teacher with all her strength.

Only to be parried by her opponent's shield and then pushed out of the ring from behind.

POF!

[RING OUT! YANG XIAO LONG!]

He announces in a robotic voice before Yang's defeat.

"You are a short-tempered, arrogant girl, and you also are extremely dependent on your Semblance to defeat enemies who overpower you." Says Professor Luna, approaching Yang lying on the floor.

Still with her eyes red, Yang stared at the armored teacher as if she wanted to bite his head off.

"But…" The professor continued, sheathing his sword and taking off his helmet. "You are a also strong, determined and very talented woman."

Yang's eyes widened and her body froze at the teacher's sincere praise.

"R-really?" Yang stuttered.

With a warm smile on his face, the teacher extended his hand to help the student to her feet.

Hesitantly, as if she were a shy maiden, Yang accepted the hand and the teacher quickly lifted her off the ground.

"With training, experience and a little direction in your rage, you can become the greatest Huntresses in the kingdom of Vale, or even all of Remnant." He finishes speaking, giving a hearty and contagious laugh.

Yang's face lit up in a red hue, which didn't go unnoticed by Nora.

"Look at the teacher's darling." Nora mocked loudly.

In response, the entire class laughed at Yang who stomped out of the ring as she mumbled angrily.

"Jokes aside, I want you to understand, anger is a powerful emotion." Said the teacher in a more serious tone. "When used correctly, it can help you defeat powerful enemies."

The statement caught several students off guard as they began to whisper among themselves in confusion.

I understand their astonishment, usually teachers and instructors advise not to give in to your emotions during battle, they say that we should have a cold and calculating mind when dealing with the enemy.

"However, anger is just something that fuels your spirit in battle, don't let it control you." The teacher said, frowning with a melancholy look. "It can lead to making…irreparable mistakes."

A sepulchral silence fell in the room, no student dared to even blink at the declaration.

"He-he." Professor Luna laughed awkwardly. "Sorry about that awkward silence…, to make it up to you I'll send you off five minutes early for lunch."

In response, the room erupts in cheers and applause, with students standing up and quickly heading out the door.

When the room finally calms down, I get up only to notice that Nora had run off with the rest of the students and Ren was dragged by her.

"This teacher is a bit weird." Whispered a male voice next to me.

Looking to the left, I see my partner, staring thoughtfully at Professor Luna.

"Why do you say that, Jaune?" I asked curiously.

"Don't get me wrong, he seems like a good teacher, but I feel like I've seen him before."

"Like before class or the school year?"

"More like he's a distant relative I haven't seen in a while." Jaune said, getting up and walking towards the teacher.

I followed Jaune as he approached Professor Luna, who was removing his armor, revealing a black tank top that clung to his muscular body.

The professor's physique was impressive, a testament to years of training and discipline. It was as if he were one of those ancient heroes carved from marble.

Jaune cleared his throat, catching the teacher's attention.

"Excuse me, Professor Luna." He began, his voice firm but curious. "I couldn't help but notice… are you by any chance a member of the Arc family?"

The professor stopped mid-motion, his hands still on the straps of his armor. His eyes flicked to Jaune, then to me, before settling back on Jaune. There was a moment of silence, a hesitation that seemed to go on a little too long.

"Arc, you said?" Professor Luna finally responded, his voice careful, measured. He went back to removing his armor, but his movements were slower, more deliberate. "Why do you ask?"

Jaune shrugged, a casual gesture that belied the intensity of his gaze.

"You remind me of someone… an uncle of mine maybe."

The professor laughed, but it sounded forced, without the genuine warmth it had been before.

"Well… as I said earlier in my introduction, I'm Professor John Luna and I don't remember being related to any Arc."

He avoided Jaune's gaze, focusing on carefully stacking his armor pieces. His evasiveness was palpable, a stark contrast to the open and engaging demeanor he had demonstrated during class.

Jaune nodded, apparently satisfied with the answer, oblivious to the educator's tension.

"Just thought I'd ask." He said smiling, feeling satisfied. "Thanks for the early dismissal, by the way. It's always good to have a little extra time."

The professor nodded, with a tight smile on his face.

"No problem." Said the teacher, turning his back. "Enjoy your lunch, Jaune and Pyr."

As we turned to leave, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was more than met the eye. Professor Luna's reaction to Jaune's question had been... suspicious.

I looked at the teacher one last time before leaving the classroom. He was there, watching us leave, his expression unreadable. There was a story there, hidden beneath the surface, and I couldn't help but feel a spark of curiosity, a desire to discover the truth. But for now, it would have to wait. Lunch was calling, and with it, the promise of normality and friendship.

"Wait!" I exclaimed in the middle of the hallway. "What did he call me?"

RP # Pov: Professor Luna.

I lean against the cold steel wall of the elevator, my breath coming in ragged gasps. The fight with Yang was refreshing and even fun, but it was nothing compared to the confusion in my mind.

Seeing Pyrrha again...it was like a punch in the gut. I thought I was prepared, that I had strengthened myself for this moment, but I was wrong.

The sight of her, standing there, strong and radiant as in my most vivid memories, awakened feelings I thought had long been buried.

"My God… how I missed you, Pyr." I murmured with tears streaming from my eyes.

In my chest I felt a pain that I had become accustomed to, like an old wound that hasn't healed properly. But seeing her again was like sticking a knife in exposing the bloody flesh beneath.

When I my eyes and I could see her, clear as day. The way his hair caught the light, the fierce determination in his eyes.

The elevator hummed, a soft, steady sound that seemed to echo the rhythm of my thoughts.

Feeling tired I raised my hand and rubbed my face to compose myself, then I let out a deep sigh, I felt the weight of it leave me.

"Mister Luna." A calm voice said, catching my attention. "I'm glad you can join me."

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice the door opening.

"Yes, o-of course." I stuttered getting out of the elevator. "What would you like to talk to me about, Professor Ozpin?"

Smiling, the director sat back in his chair looking at me. After taking a sip from his cup, he answered me.

"Please." Ozpin said in a friendly tone. "When we're alone, you can call me Ozpin or Ozma."

I nodded.

"And if you want, I can call you Jaune."" Added the immortal wizard smiling.

Boa noite pessoas,

It was shorter than I normally write, but then if I have gone on, it would be longer than I intended too.

Despite the Angst oneshot/first chapter, this fic will be a comedy.

And if you liked it and would like to see what else I have planned for this story, like the comedy part of it, say so in the comments.

Ps: As usual… this story does not have a beta reader yet, if you're interested in helping me(mainly to help me translate into English) send me a message.

02) Special training New
Bom dia pessoas,

I'm happy to see that the story had a positive impact on the platforms I posted on, so I'll keep writing it.

I'd like to reiterate that this story is more focused on Slice of Life. That's why some, but not all, plot points will happen in the background and you'll find out about what happened through dialogues or internal monologues.

Ps: I need a Beta Reader, if you're interested, send me a message.

RP # POV: Professor Luna

I took a sip of coffee, the bitter liquid scalding my throat, and let out a sigh that seemed to carry the weight of the day. The steam from the mug rose, distorting the view of the office ahead. Through the fog, I looked at Professor Ozpin, his eyes fixed on me with a mixture of curiosity and concern.

"Jaune." He began, his voice steady and calm. "How was your first day as a substitute?"

I placed the mug on the table between us, the ceramic clinking against the wood.

"It was…interesting." I replied, leaning back in the chair. The leather creaked under my weight, a sound that seemed to echo the fatigue in my bones.

Ozpin raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to elaborate. I could see the questions forming in his mind, the wheels turning as he tried to decipher my cryptic answer.

"The students are surprised by Goodwitch's absence." I continued to choose my words carefully. "But they seem to have accepted me as a replacement."

A slight smile appeared at the corners of Ozpin's mouth.

"I'm glad the students are comfortable with your presence." The teacher said, giving a serene smile. "But I admit I'm more interested in how you're feeling about seeing your 'old friends'."

Ozpin's words hung in the air, heavy with unspoken implications. Their weight fell on my shoulders, a familiar burden I had carried for years. I took a deep breath, the smell of old books and polished wood filling my nostrils, and met his gaze.

"It is complicated." I began, my voice steady despite the inner turmoil. "Seeing them again, after everything that happened..." I suddenly stopped talking, I couldn't find the words to describe my feelings.

The professor leaned forward, his eyes never leaving mine.

"It was clear that it would not be a simple matter." The teacher said, taking a sip from his mug. "But talking about the subject can help ease your pain."

I sigh tiredly, but I decided to open up.

"It's good and bad at the same time." I finally said. "On the one hand, it's a chance to see my old friends, to guide them better than I could before. But on the other…it's a constant reminder of my mistakes and what was lost."

Ozpin nodded, his expression thoughtful.

"Loss is part of life, Jaune. It shapes us, makes us stronger. But it also leaves scars."

I looked at my hands, the knuckles scarred and calloused from years of battle.

"You are right." I murmured. "But it's not just the loss. It's the responsibility. The weight of knowing their future is in my hands now."

Ozpin leaned back in his chair, fingers intertwined in front of him.

"According to your reports, you have already made a difference-."

DING!

The professor is cut off by the private elevator door that opens with a soft touch, revealing a figure that runs out with a burst of energy.

I stood up, but before I could register who it was, arms wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Jaune!" Shouted an excited female voice.

I looked down and saw a head full of vibrant brunette hair pressed against my chest. Amber Sunstone, the Fall Mainden, was clinging to me.

I hesitated for a moment, then hugged her back, feeling a mixture of surprise and joy.

"Amber." I'm relieved that she is in a good mood. "It's good to see you."

When I rescued her from Cinder's attack she was depressed. Being stuck in Beacon at the time didn't help her morale at all, but she was better off sad and alive than free and dead.

"I heard you were back, but I couldn't believe it until I saw you with my own eyes." His gaze swept over me, taking in every detail. "Weren't you on a mission with Qrow and Glynda?"

I swallowed hard, the memory of our operation to capture the traitor, Leonardo Lionheart, surfaced in my mind. The faunus had already become a spy for Salem, but with the help of Qrow and Professor Goodwitch, we managed to capture him without creating any commotion.

Now Lionheart is 'retired' and Professor Goodwitch is acting as headmistress of Haven Academy, to keep it running and keep an eye on Cinder.

"Jaune?" Amber's voice broke through the haze of memories, her eyes searching mine with concern. "Are you well?"

I forced a smile, pushing the memories back into the recesses of my mind.

"Yes, just… remembering some old battles."

Ozpin coughed into his hand, catching our attention.

"Amber, have you finished your training for today?"

Amber crossed her arms, her expression turning from joy to irritation.

"No, not yet."

"You know that mastering your powers is essential to your survival."

"I know that." She replied tiredly. "But If I have any problem Jaune is here to save me."

"He is not at your disposal, Miss Sunstone." Ozpin said in a serious tone. "He is currently working as John Luna for Beacon Academy."

"John Luna?"

"I changed my name because of… the other 'me'." I responded by intruding on their conversation. "I know John isn't that different from Jaune, but if someone in the know calls me by my old name, they can use it as an excuse that they just pronounced it wrong without raising suspicion."

"That's…stupidly genius." Amber commented confused.

I couldn't help but end up laughing at her honest comment.

Ozpin watched us, a faint smile playing on his lips, but his eyes held a depth of concern that I knew all too well.

"Well, Amber." I said, gently disentangling myself from his embrace. "I'm happy to see you, but I have some preparations to make. I need to prepare for a special training session."

Amber's smile faded a little, but she nodded, understanding in her eyes.

"Of course, Jaune-. I mean, Professor Luna." She corrected herself, laughing. "And who is the victim of this special training?"

Smiling, I replied to her.

"Myself."

RP # POV: Yang Xiao Long

I disinterestedly poked at the food that I had on my plate. The clatter of cutlery and the hum of conversation around me seemed distant, muffled by the thick silence that had settled in my head.

Ruby's voice cut through the fog, soft and cautious.

"Yang, you've been picking at your food for the last ten minutes. Are you ok?"

I looked up, forcing a smile that felt fragile onto my lips.

"I'm just not that hungry, I guess." I lied, hoping she would give up. But Ruby wasn't one to back down easily, a trait I usually admired, but now, it was just inconvenient.

She raised an eyebrow, studying me with an intensity that made me squirm.

"Not hungry, you?" She repeated her disbelief at my statement. "Since when do you refuse a meal? Especially a steak that size."

I shrugged, trying to pretend it was nothing.

"Everyone has bad days, I guess?" I stabbed a piece of meat with more force than necessary, avoiding her gaze.

Ruby looked at me with one eyebrow still raised, without buying my excuse.

"Yang, we both know that's not true. You're not just 'not hungry'. Something is bothering you."

I sighed, placing my fork down with a clatter.

"It's nothing, really. Just… the fight with the teacher today." I admitted sheepishly, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Oh." Blake nodded on the other side, understanding dawning in her eyes. "Are you upset because he won?"

"No, that's not it." I shook my head, frustrated. "I mean, yes, it hurts a little that I lost, but it's more than that. He was holding back and beat me like I was a little kid on the first day of prep school."

Ruby and Blake looked at each other, considering my words. My sister already seemed to have understood what was bothering me, after all Ruby knows me very well, Blake was still confused.

"And that bothers you a lot?" Blake asked.

"Of course it bothers!" I exclaimed, frustrated. "No one has ever fought me without taking me seriously."

"Father and Uncle Qrow never took you seriously in a fight." Ruby said with a cheek smile.

"Rrrrrrrr!" I grumbled frustrated.

I pushed my plate away, the food barely touched. Ruby and Blake exchanged worried looks, but it was Weiss who spoke, her voice cutting through the tension like a knife.

"You know, Yang." She said, wiping her mouth with a napkin. "I think you're looking at this the wrong way."

I raised an eyebrow, turning to face her. Weiss sat with her back straight, her hands folded neatly in her lap. His eyes met mine with a steady gaze, without a hint of his usual disdain in sight.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, my voice harsher than I intended.

Weiss didn't waver. Instead, she leaned forward, her expression serious.

"Professor Luna is clearly a skilled fighter. He not only understands the theory behind our training, but also has the practical skills to back it up. That's a rare combination."

I scoffed, crossing my arms.

"So what? Should I just be happy that he defeated me?"

Weiss shook her head, her voice softening.

"No, that's not what I'm saying. But think about it, Yang. We are here to learn, to improve. Having a teacher who can challenge us, who can show us where we need to grow, that's invaluable."

I looked in surprise towards Weiss, the always critical, the always demanding, princess of perfection was… satisfied?

"Are you serious?" I said, more of a statement than a question.

Weiss nodded.

"Absolutely. I've had tutors and instructors my entire life, and very few of them were able to balance theory and practice the way Professor Luna does. It's refreshing to see a professional of his caliber at Beacon and not another… Port."

"I guess I hadn't thought of it that way." I admitted, my voice softer now.

Weiss smiled, nodding in approval.

"It's a chance for us to grow, Yang. To strengthen ourselves. And isn't that what we're all here for?"

"And it also helps that he's a DILF for Weiss's daddy issues." Blake said, smiling mischievously.

"What!?" Shouted the horrified heiress.

I nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of my mouth as Weiss lectured Blake.

"What is DILF?" Ruby asked curiously.

"I'll tell you in 2 years." I responded by cutting my sister right away.

RP # POV: Jaune Arc

I stood up quickly, my heart beating like a drum. The scroll screen cast a bright glow in the dark dormitory. I picked up the device, squinting at the message from the unknown sender.

<I know your secret and if you want to stay in Beacon, meet me alone in the combat room.>

A shiver ran down my spine. My thumb hovered over the reply button, but another message appeared.

<Now!>

I looked at my roommates, their sleeping faces and the sound of Nora's snoring calmed me down a little. Getting out of bed, I grabbed my jacket and tiptoed to the door.

I walked through the dimly lit hallways of Beacon Academy, my footsteps echoing on the cold stone floor. The silence was deafening, each step a reminder of the weight I carried. The message burned in my mind, a constant reminder that my secret was out.

"I'm a fraud, and someone knows it." I whispered, shaking.

The door to the combat room loomed ahead, a silent sentinel waiting to pass judgment. I stopped, my hand hovering over the doorknob. The metal was cool to the touch, a stark contrast to the heat of my nerves. I took a deep breath, preparing myself for what lay beyond.

When I opened the door, the room was bathed in a soft glow from the overhead lights. In the middle of the room was a figure in black armor that was unknown to me.

<Black Armor>
AD_4nXdATOEBPC_uIQ0ROisD8TDncgHaNdHLvRfvEYNlp8UCqNbdEf5Q96P9HaB8EiWB2ibunZz8mDuqqKH77vIhNWsZZFka5LtFLydtQoSMdlZ7Hgfq8sBpBWFEZ4yU6hIzuJFBYxWMZ4IpXt0xL3p_8tBnrJxW

"Good." The figure said, his voice low and serious. "You showed up."

I nodded, my throat dry.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?"

The figure approached, walking slowly, despite being dressed in heavy black armor, his steps were silent.

"I know your secret, Jaune." He sounded familiar.

"And you're going to report me?" I asked fearing the worst.

"No." He took his hand to the helmet that hid his face. "I will help you." Said the now helmetless figure.

"P-Professor Luna?" I stuttered. "I like the new armor." I said, trying to lighten the mood.

I stood there, frozen, as Professor Luna's stern gaze passed through me.

"You cheated your way into Beacon, Jaune." He said, his voice as cold as it was melancholy. "You took an opportunity that could have gone to someone who really deserved it. Someone who worked hard, who trained, who was ready."

I felt a lump form in my throat, a mix of shame and regret choking me. I knew that, of course, but hearing it from someone else puts more weight on my conscience. I looked down at my feet, unable to meet his eyes.

"Do you think you can just walk in here with forged documents and become a huntsman?" He continued, his voice rising. "Beacon is no joke, Jaune. It is a place to forge huntsmen and huntresses. Not for cowards and liars."

Every word hurt, a harsh reminder of my mistake. I had come to Beacon with the best intentions, wanting to make a difference, to be a hero. But now, under his scrutiny, I felt anything but.

"I am really sorry." I whispered, my voice barely audible. "I just wanted to help. To be someone important, to honor my family's legacy."

Professor Luna sighed, his expression softening a little.

"I know you did, Jaune. But good intentions don't make up for bad actions."

I felt a tear slide down my cheek, a hot trail of shame. I had been so naive, so foolish. I had thought I could just blend in, learn, become a real Huntsman.

"But." He said, his voice calmer now. "It is too late to change what has been done. You passed the initiation, and expelling you now would only cause more harm than good."

I looked at him, a glimmer of hope shining in my chest.

"What do you mean?"

"Your team would be without a leader and we would have to find another student to complete JNPR." He said, his eyes steady and determined. "And that's why I'm going to train you, so that you deserve the opportunity you stole. I will make you someone worthy of Beacon."

I looked at him, a mix of fear and excitement coursing through my body.

That's what I wanted, wasn't it? Become a real hunter, make a difference. But now, under his watchful eye, I knew it wouldn't be easy. I knew I would have to work harder than ever.

"I took the liberty of taking your sword from your locker before coming here." Said the teacher, tossing Crocea Mors to me. "Attack me with everything you have, not with the intention of scoring points or draining my Aura, come with the intention of killing me.

I swallowed hard, facing the teacher with my legs shaking a little.

"B-b-but professor, that wouldn't be." I tried to speak but I was cut off.

"Listen here Jaune!" He said pointing his black steel sword towards me. "I don't have time to justify every step of your training, do as I say or go back home like the liar that everyone will know you are."

I let out a horrified sigh, the thought of being humiliated and losing my friends was worse than any kind of training this teacher could put me through.

"Okay, Professor Luna." I said, my voice shaking a little. "I will do whatever it takes to prove that I belong here."

The teacher nodded, strangely he seemed relieved with my choice.

"Excellent. So let's get started." He said taking a defensive stance with his sword. "Attack me with all your strength."

RP # POV: Professor Luna

As he was a younger version of me, I already knew he had no training, but I still needed to get an idea of where he was compared to the other students. With that in mind, I did the first day of training with him focused on a fight against me, him attacking me seriously while I stayed on the defensive and using counter attacks so I could evaluate his performance.

"You can rest now Jaune." I spoke only for the boy to fall to the floor, panting.

POF!

His limits were very low. His resistance was pathetic, his movements slow, his blows, despite being strong, lacked coordination and technique to connect them correctly. I sighed, disappointment settling in my chest once again. This would be a long and difficult road.

I approached the young man, my expression serious, my voice firm.

"You're going to have to train three times harder than any other student at Beacon, Jaune."

His eyes widened, a mix of shock and determination flickering across his face.

"Three times harder?"

I knelt down next to him, with my gaze steady I explained.

"Because you're starting from scratch. You have the heart, but you lack the technique, the stamina and the experience. Your colleagues have been training for years. You need to bridge that gap, and it won't be easy."

Jaune propped himself up on his elbows, his breath coming in ragged gasps.

"But… I don't know if I can do that. I'm already suffering just trying to keep up with them."

I nodded, understanding his concern.

"I know it's scary. But remember, every great hero starts somewhere. You have potential, Jaune. You just have to be willing to put in the effort."

He looked at me, his eyes filled with a mixture of fear and determination.

"What if I don't make it? What if I fail?"

I placed a hand on his shoulder, my grip firm but comforting.

"Failure is part of the journey, Jaune. It's how you learn and grow." I said, trying to cheer the boy up. "You only need to do one thing to achieve your goals."

Jaune's eyes widened, staring at me, waiting for what he needed to do to get better.

"Don't give up." I said seriously, looking at the young man. "If you fail, try again, if you fall, get up, if the sword slips from your hand, pick it up again and hold on tighter."

The young man, still tired and breathing heavily, stands up without breaking eye contact.

"If you don't give up, you will always have a chance to improve."

Jaune's breathing slowly steadied as he stood before me, his eyes filled with a mixture of gratitude and determination. The training hall was silent, the only sounds were the distant hum of the gym and the occasional echo of our movements.

"Thank you, Professor Luna." He said, his voice still a little breathless. "For keeping my secret."

I nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.

"It's not just about keeping secrets, Jaune. It's about giving you the chance to grow."

He looked at his hands, flexing his fingers as if imagining the weight of a weapon.

"I know I have a long way to go, but I'm willing to put in the effort. I don't want to disappoint anyone."

"That's the spirit." I replied, approaching. "Now go to sleep, as soon as you get to your dorm I would have sent you a training schedule, there will be a lot of running and a lot of working out.

"Hmmmm." Jaune replied, groaning in fear.

RP # POV: Pyrrha Nikos

I was lying down when I heard the sound of the door opening. I got up to see who it was, when I came across Jaune limping in.

"Jaune?" I spoke, keeping my voice low.

When he turned to me, he tried to hide a pained grimace. His hair was wet with sweat, his uniform was dirty, his body was sweaty and he was breathing heavily. Something was wrong.

"Hey, Pyrrha." He replied, forcing a smile.

"What happened?" I asked worriedly. "Are you hurt?"

He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Just... training with Professor Luna."

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Training? Or getting beaten up by him?"

He tried to laugh, but felt a stab of pain in his side.

"A little of both, maybe." He sat on the bed, carefully touching his side.

I got closer, becoming more and more worried about him.

"Let me see."

He hesitated before lifting his shirt. An ugly bruise was forming along his ribs. I frowned, kneeling down to examine him.

"This isn't just because of the training, Jaune. What really happened?"

He looked away, embarrassed.

"The teacher fought with me for an hour, we only took short breaks to catch our breath, at the time I hadn't even noticed this injury, but now that my body cooled down everything started to hurt."

I sighed, standing up.

"That's not right Jaune, a teacher can't treat a student like that, much less at such a weird time."

He looked down, tugging at a loose thread on his bedspread.

"It's okay Pyrrha, I promise."

I sat down next to him, nudging his shoulder with mine.

"I want to help you, Jaune." I murmured melancholy.

He smiled, this time genuinely as he sighed tiredly.

Jaune swallows hard and looks with his blue eyes at Pyrrha.

"Pyrrha, I have something to tell you."

Boa noite pessoas,

[-]I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

[-] I would like to let you know that I read ALL the comments, I just set aside some comments here to answer if I can add something interesting to the talk.

[-]In the next chapter I think I will focus a little on Weiss. Would you like that?

COMMENTS:

[-]alexdel29 (wattpad):

This one-shot is very good and fun to read, please turned into a story, the comedy part got me interested the most.
I can imagine the female students of all years try their best to catch John/Jaune eye to date them, the adult female staff would too try their luck as well since John/Jaune is in their age range.
[-]Renan:
Thank you for the kind words.

[-]Mengsk(fanfiction):
Yeah. He could be a super teacher. I do want to see what lessons he has for each cast member.
But you're going to need a hell of a convincing reason for how he got here. Or why Ozpin would hire the first hobo who turns up to teach class.
[-]Renan:
He-he (Author laughs sweating), of course I have everything planned…

[-]Ravell_Aqim(AO3):
I've seen a few stories take different tacks on the Rusted Knight coming backwards in time, but I like what you've got here, and think it is very promising. And I think considering Jaune's position, a bit of angst is going to be a necessary part of the mix, although one balancing that with some lighter-hearted stuff would be nice. I think a story showing the Jaune we see above - one who is mentally scarred, but isn't completely twisted by his experiences (perhaps due to some hope of changing things?), and who is still recognisably Jaune - has a lot of potential.
[-]Renan:
When I made the first drafts of the story I was scared by the amount of angst I had written, but you're right, at least the beginning needs the angst, so that later we can balance it out more with humor.

[-]MorbiIIionaire(questionablequesting):
He already messed up and called her Pyr bruh I thought he'd last longer haha.
[-]Renan:
He may be older, more experienced, and a better fighter.
But he still has a bit of Dorky Knight in him.

Honestly a fantastic chapter. Love that hes training Jaune and love his armor.

According to word of CRWBY Jaune using his semblance is a minor permanent buff and the reason Ren Semblance evolved. So if prof was to Amp his students after each spar they'd both be fully healed but get stronger faster... and if he's going that to his past self daily with his insane growth rates [compare Jaune in minutes in the initiation vs Oscar needing a month in Haven]

To echo another comment, Jaune in Canon is a combat savant. Normal people can't become expert fighters in a few months of training regardless of who is teaching them. And make no mistake, just being able to keep up with the bottom of beacon's first years makes him an expert.
Out of universe it's clearly more a case of bad writing, the writers of the show didn't really get or care that combat takes a long time to get good at, and even some of the more basic feats Jaune did in the second and third season being really impressive. Plus aura originally didn't take as much effort to use.

But either way Jaune is a prodigy on a level of Pyrrha just without the training from a young age.
The same is true about Ruby, though to a lesser extent, though the show seems to forget it Ruby is two years younger and with two years less training than everyone else. And she is still near the top of the class.

Honestly my only issue with nearly any RWBY fanfiction is anybody who knows Ozma's method of operation doesn't immediately kill him to force a reincarnation. The man is much like Dumbledore a far greater threat to his allies than his enemies. And his words should never be heeded because they will always be used to benefit his own plans with no consideration for any of the people who respect or follow him. Loyalty runs both ways and Ozpin clearly has no loyalty to anything but his own nebulous and often self-destructive plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back