• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Second Life with my 8th Sister [NSFW]

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Once Upon a Time, Jaune lived a hard life but died with no regret and with perfect happiness. However, his story didn't end there. Supposed to be reunited with his family and friends in the afterlife, he finds himself in a new world with more magic and darkness and is much like those fairytales Ozma talks about. At least he has family here. Church-Jaune Arc/Twin of Jeanne d'Arc!
Chapter 1 New

NewOtaku

Making the rounds.
I do not own DxD, just this Fanfic. IF I do own DxD, I need balls of brass to face the people who will publish and animate my work.

-xXx-

One of the things Summer has come to hate and love was visiting her granduncle.

Opening the door to his room, she was greeted by a sight of an old man on a bed. Multiple advanced machines from Atlas were around which were used to sustain an aging old man's life, but they are all left unused, like how they were when they arrive a year ago.

Upon closing the door, sharpened instincts from the war enabled the old man to merely peak in her direction, before a smile was formed and those eyes closed again.

"No, my diaper is not yet sullied."

"One way to greet your niece."

"Well, let me have the moment will you."

Summer merely chuckled and approach the bed to observe him.

Wrinkled skin, skin, and bones, white hair. Nothing like the man he was before, during, and right after the war, but once he opens those eyes again to see her, she knows that no matter what, Jaune Arc will always be a loving and caring man.

"Where is Adrian?" he asked tiredly

"He is still waiting for the acceptance of his leave," Summer replied in an unsure tone.

"Can a board member walk as he pleases?"

"Well, according to him, today is supposed to have a very important meeting."

"He, well I respect that." Then he closed his eyes, "the man got responsibilities."

"But." Summer stammered, "…you pleaded with him to be here."

"Yes, but he is doing wonders for the world today." Jaune sighed, "I can't take him away from the world which needs him."

A comfortable silence occupied the room, until…

"I saw them." Jaune suddenly said.

"Sorry?"

"I saw my team." Jaune opened his eyes as they welled, "they are calling for me; Pyrrha, Nora, Ren."

Jaune heavily sighed, "I saw Weiss calling me."

A massive chill ran through Summer's spine as she thought of the meaning of this.

"No…" her eyes welled as she marched to the machines around and began to activate them.

"Summer, you don't need to d…"

"Why?" she coldly asked

"Because it is my time?"

"But…but… how about Adrian?"

Then Jaune looked at the ceiling, "I asked them to wait until I get to see Adrian and Mulan for the last time." Then he looked at her with eyes of solid determination. "I want to die peacefully, but I won't die today. I will give them a week to get here."

Summer ran and caressed Jaune's hand and began to sob.

Jaune lifted his other hand and patted her head like when he did when she was just a small girl.

"Uncle Jaune, please don't go." Her voice cracked

"I am very lucky to get to see you all grow and have your own family." Jaune smiled. "I am one lucky bastard to be the last to go, you know, especially since I was the tank of the team and the war was nothing you can ever imagine." Jaune chuckled as he remembered the worst battles he fought.

"Summer, please take care of them." Jaune begged, "I tried my very best to raise you all. So please protect our family."

Summer looked at Jaune with tears and determination, "I will... Dad." Her voice cracked at the last word as she continued to cradle his old hand.

The scene slowly fades away as a young blonde boy wakes up with a gasp.

His heart was pounding like an engine and sweat pouring on his body; his head ached as he felt a pair of hands shake his shoulders as multiple voices called out to him with little effect as his vision blurred and the world tilted.

"JAUNE!"

*SLAP!*

Pain raced on his cheek as he finally snapped out of his trance and saw his instructor grasping her hand and looking at him with curiosity.

He finally got to look at his surroundings and found that many of his classmates were looking at him with shock and awe.

"Could it be?" his instructor said

"Sister Griselda?"

"Jaune," she knelt in front of the boy, "how do you feel?"

"I think I am alright now."

Then the nun nodded...

...before throwing a sucker punch at the boy.

Instincts sharpen like never before triggered the boy to block the swing using his left arm, and upon impact, a gold glow flashed where they connected.

Jaune felt pain but remained unmoving from that considerably strong swing.

"Touki?" he saw his instructor look with confusion as the gold glow traveled across his body like a ripple of water starting from the area of impact and curiously turned into the color white.

Murmurs began as the nun just stared at his body with an analytical gaze before staring right at his eyes.

Jaune felt like this would be trouble.

-xXx-

Being taken care of by doctors is nothing new to him especially since he is an exorcist trainee, but how confused these professionals and masters of medicine were, it didn't give Jaune any comfort.

"Oh relax you big baby!" a blonde girl who strikingly looked like him yelled as she bounced on his bed before leaning on him; she had his blue eyes, and the famed Arc's golden blonde hair, except she doesn't have contrasting white strands of hair like her brother."It is probably a rare kind of Touki."

"A Touki that will give you dreams?"

"What dreams?"

Jaune stared at his sister for a moment and analyzed her face, within moments seven different faces flashed before his eyes who were also as blonde as him.

His voice hitched his eyes watering.

"Woah! I said don't be scared." The girl panicked as Jaune started to cry.

"Jeanne?" Jaune asked slowly, "Do you think that we had seven sisters?"

Jeanne was confused by the statement, especially since Jaune never asked these kinds of questions, "you dreamt about having seven sisters?"

Jaune slowly nodded with much hesitation.

"Hmmm… I prefer not thinking about it, but you got me! And that counts!" Jeanne beamed before hugging her crybaby of a twin.

Being wrapped around such warmth gave Jaune a smile before fragments of memories from a life before and a faraway world slowly appeared.

"You promise?" Jaune asked.

"I promise."

"Then I promise to stay with you." Jaune pulled away from the hug and beamed brightly at her as tears leaked from his eyes. "It's an Arc's promise."

Jeanne was simply surprised by the determination she saw in his eyes as if some childish promise can be true, held in stone for an eternity, but from how sure Jaune said it, it is as if it is nothing more than routine for him. Not knowing that this is just his nature.

All Jeanne could do was embrace him once again, but this time tighter as she slowly cried.

As for Jaune, he held his twin while remembering the warmth of his family and friends from a lifetime ago; as memories roll on how Remnant was a world full of darkness where the small specs of light must fight it to the bitter end, and just realize on how much his new home, the Catholic Church, could possibly be another Ozma, only blunter about our enemies.

God, gods, monsters, devils, fallen angels, vampires, zombies, ghosts, magic. Oh, the magic!

Real Magic with different origins and uses, not like Semblances where it is more personal and less concrete on how it works and its origins.

And of course, Sacred Gears.

"May the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and the Brothers help us."

"You are pulling my leg, right?"

"No, not at all."

Author's notes

AHA! Another story, but this time a crossover!

High school DxD X RWBY, or maybe HSDXD?

So, this story has more planning than my previous stories and has way more inspiration than them except Miracles. I dare say that this story will have the same energy and time as Miracles in terms of developing as a story.

I will be blunt, the stories I make will be done with love and if I believe that the story will just be crap, why make it?

So, this story will have better structure, systems, and characters including a romance subplot.

Miracles are my first Fanfic and are basically my testing ground for many things. After hearing the comments and experiencing the process of making a story, I can say that this story may be better or at least on the same level as Miracles.

This story is made out of the severe lack of Fanfic on the church's side or DxD, and a severe lack of RWBY X Highschool DxD crossover.

Also, I will try my best to put some romance because Miracles lack the groundwork for one.

The magic system of this story will also be different from Miracles, so readers of my first story, I will have a different approach for this story.

Anyway, PLEASE comment, fav, and follow!

Take Care and God Bless!

(May 5, 2023 Author's Notes): To old readers of this story, please note that I made some changes in the story, and it is not a big change or me reckoning any detail. Aside from me cleaning the grammar of the story, I placed new subtle details about Jaune's appearance and his gear; this is in the spirit of the new meta-analysis of what is Canon! Jaune character is about in RWBY and the many allusions to him. If you are able to figure out what I am talking about, then know that it will affect his journey in DxD as a second life, and will help me better map out his growth. But will this change anything about the story so far? No, not really, aside from adding better visual characterization... and me tributing more of Monty's vision for RWBY.

Chapter 2 New
I do not own Highschool DxD, I need balls of brass if it was my work.

RWBY is created by the Legendary Monty Oum, so it too does not belong to me.

-xXx-

Remember Jaune, even though you are learning basic movements, they all become deadly in the right hands.

Jaune held his sword at his right side in a basic, but strong stance. Sword pointing towards his opponent in an almost even horizontal line.

Although I do a lot of twists and flourish for the style, remember that one wrong moment in my "Champion Fighting Style", I can lose horribly.

His opponent simply stood still and twirled both of his swords with a cocky smile.

And it takes one moment, where steel meets flesh, and the fight is over.

His opponent, while keeping his eyes on him and still twirling his swords, made him look like those kinds of kids who just found a stick on the ground, or maybe just a cocky swordsman.

Maybe he had the right considering that he is holding two massive wooden sticks which can be considered as small logs and that he is genetically designed to be superior to Jaune.

Jaune in his fragmented memories should know that even though his opponent is too relaxed, memories of a cocky bully turned trusted friend and ally consistently had that approach before, during, and after the war.

He should never take chances.

A voice both intoned with him and a long-lost love said together.

Now.

With his simple thrust, his sword instantly hit his opponent square in the chest.

The silence after that while was tense for both fighters, their instructor found it funny.

Clapping her hands, Griselda said, "Now," she faced the rest of the class, "why did Jaune win?"

Many raised their hands in excitement!

"Jeanne."

"Because he was faster!"

"How about Lint?"

"Because Sieg is too open~"

"Correct both of you, but that is not the answer I am looking for." Then she looked at the boys, "Jaune, how did you win?"

"Eh..? Ah… I think a thrust is the easiest way to defeat Sieg?"

"And why did you lose, Sieg?"

"Because I didn't see it coming" Sieg grumbled

"Correct!" Sister Griselda said, "Being fast or finding openings are important, but in any fight be it a swordfight, boxing, or even chess these are just factors to consider. Many often forget the 'doing' part of the action."

"Acting and reacting are very basic, yet important things in a fight; will your action hit? Will your reaction block? Will your action kill your enemy? Will your reaction save you?" She continued, "In simple terms, a complex sword technique being blocked is worse than a sloppy basic strike which hits, so don't underestimate your own and your enemies' strike or overthink no matter the style or skill."

Many of the students looked confused, but Jaune immediately understood the idea.

An extremely complicated strike from Ruby is only effective if her scythe cuts flesh, and from his experience, a simple sword thrust with Correa Mors was enough to kill an Alpha Grimm Saber.

Once the class was over and a quick change of clothes, Jaune casually walked to the cafeteria with Jeanne, only to be met by Sieg and Lint catching up to them.

"I will get you one day" Sieg growled

"Well, we are still young, and we both still have a long way to go." Jaune honestly replied, "I think we both will get our butts kicked."

"But when you think about it, a simple singular movement can easily defeat an opponent." Jeanne said while in deep thought, "You were like FLASH! Then your sword went through Sieg!"

"If the steel cuts the flesh, then it works." Jaune can only shrug at his sister's imagination.

"Still~," Lint said loudly as they entered the cafeteria, "I thought the reason is that you got touki~." Lint finished while pinching his elbow, creating a tiny glow of pale yellow.

"Hey!" Sieg frowned, "we are designed to be better than humans, so technically I am even with Jaune!" he finished boastfully.

Jaune can only chuckle nervously. He agrees and disagrees with Sieg's point. Back in his world, many people are artificially designed to counter huntsmen, Penny is a great example, but using her as an example, her battle with Pyrrha at the Vytal Festival also points out that Aura should never be underestimated.

The group ate lunch and Jaune decided to listen to their chatter while eating his favorite food; subtly, he is also anticipating a food fight to break out and hoped a relaxed "Ozpin" figure will save their butts.

Speaking about the food fight, he missed those school day times when he eats unlimited chicken nuggets.

Chicken Nuggets?

Jaune looked down at his plate and saw some pasta on it, his favorite food, but his fragmented memories strongly suggest that his favorite food is chicken nuggets, next to vodka.

I remember eating it before dying, smiling as if it was my last meal. But now I am in love with pasta.

That was food for thought on how these memories worked for Jaune.

After lunch, the group with their other young classmates went to their new subject for this "semester".

"Monster's Studies?" Jeanne asked

"Hell ya! I also wonder what else we should fight!" Sieg yelled

"But I thought all of those scary monsters are demons?"

"I dunno~." Lint said, "If anything. I think Cerberus is a Greek Monster, not a Christian one."

"Well, maybe these monsters are more pagan, or curse-related." Jaune said, "I am more concern about who the teacher will be."

"What, you think he or she will unleash a minotaur to let his students fight?" Sieg asked loudly

"Yeah, but I am more concern if he will just ramble about the glorious stories of his youth."

Thankfully, it was an elderly woman who is more interested in teaching the vast number of monsters the world, unfortunately, has to offer.

"Now, to the monsters that are commonly known to the world are classified as European Monsters." She lectured, "Now who can give me an example of these."

Many students said common monsters that the media frequently talk about, are vampires, werewolves, mermaids, zombies, ghosts, harpies, and many others.

"You are all correct, but those are just a few in a wide book of monsters." She noted down the mentioned monsters on the board, "Who can mention uncommonly known monsters."

"Nuckelavee"

"Oh? Jaune, can you please tell me what it is."

"A horse with a rider, but the rider is connected to the horse's back."

"Yes! Like a centaur, but you can say more horrific."

Jaune nodded to himself as a memory of that horrible beast he fought when he was with RNJR, and the many more of them during the peak of the war.

"… and they don't have skin, so you only see red flesh."

Jaune wanted to vomit right there as the image of dozens of the Nuckelavee Grimm his JNR team slaughtered in the war turned from shadow flesh into red flesh with blood.

"Now, remember all these monsters you all mention, are not part of the Bible and are not a monstrosity made by God, the Fallen, or the Devils. That is why we have a separate class for Monster's Studies with Biblical Creature's Studies." Our teacher continues to lecture, "So with that said, these monsters aside from Vampires, are not weak against light or Holy Aura."

To Jaune that makes some sense since these monsters do not necessarily have demonic energy or are cursed by God.

"Light is corrosive to devils because Light is the opposite of Darkness, and once they meet there is a magical reaction where they compete on who will win. Like hot steel touching ice cold water."

"…some of you will be tasked to hunt these monsters."

Many of the students including Jaune were terrified at the prospect of fighting beasts without their greatest weapon, Light, and Holy Aura.

A terrified girl raised her hand and immediately asked, "So how do we fight them."

The teacher simply smiled, "Light and the Cross won't work, but there is another tool we can use to fight them. Can anyone guess?"

"Silver?" a boy said

"Exactly!" The teacher beamed, "Silver is extremely effective to these monsters almost as light is against devils, however silver, the element Ag, has no magical properties to it, so you have to handle it differently."

That made everyone confused, Holy Aura and Prayers are supernatural by normal standards, so how can an element with zero magical properties be deadly to monsters?

"Silver naturally is an element that has a cleansing chemical effect that kills germs. At the same time, it acts as an enemy to most supernatural monsters."

"Monsters are naturally, 'unnatural' in the order and law the Father establish in His creation, silver by reason unknown to all of us, is a natural killer or cleanser to anything that is not following the rules of God's creation.

She explained and drew a circle on the board, "we don't know why, but once silver oxide reaches the cell of the monster", she drew small circles to represent silver particles, "it acts like a virus and invades the cell and kills it due to toxicity".

"However, this is a slow process considering that you are fighting a beast where every second counts and is the meaning between life and death. So, although silver is toxic to monsters, they are not as effective and efficient as light on devils, so monster hunters are still in much more dangerous than an average exorcist."

Everyone nodded.

"Now, silver used to be a powerful tool against devils; when Judas betrayed Jesus for silver like the Cross which was used to execute Jesus, God the Father turned Silver into a Holy Object that can kill devils like Light and the Cross, that is why Silver used to be one of the symbols of Christianity, however around the Dark Ages, silver slowly, but surely lost its effect on devils at the end of the Fourth Crusade."

Then Sieg asked, "Teacher! How do we fight these monsters?!"

"Only a few are selected to be monster hunters because of how dangerous these monsters are; the selected few use high caliber guns with silver bullets to hunt them down, but sometimes bullets are not enough silver to poison monsters. You must trap the beast properly for your safety and the safety of others before placing a few good shots to the vital areas to truly damage it."

She drew a humanoid figure on the board and x marked the head, heart, and neck. "Shooting the arms may hurt it, but the shot will be nothing more than a normal one and with the size of the bullet, only these key areas can truly bring it down."

Jaune felt very uncomfortable with the idea that you only have three windows to hit when using modern guns; Grimm can be easily taken down if you place a good shot in any part of the torso or blast half its body apart.

Then the discussion flowed on different monsters and ways to kill them with guns, from how tiresome the process was, it felt it was better to leave the angels to kill the monsters with their swords.

Swords

"Excuse me, Teacher! What about a Silver Sword?" Jaune asked

"Oh, Silver Swords?" their teacher perked, "they were used in the early days when they were still very effective against devils, but they were phased out by the end of the last Crusade. Though yes, they are still very effective poison monsters, Silver Swords are too soft to use in long fights and are expensive to maintain, so the church replaced them with silver-tipped arrows and bolts, then bullets afterward."

Jaune nodded, well too bad monster hunters of the church have little tools against beasts. Hopefully, he won't be assigned as one.

-xXx-

Life as an exorcist trainee is anything but simple by normal standards, but it is not so different from the life of a Huntsman in Training. Fighting at a tender age, weapons handling lessons before high school, monster studies and the harsh reality of death, and course the discovery of individual powers.

Jaune should be thankful that he gets to train at an early age unlike his first life, but one of the hard truths of this world is that sometimes, if not all the time, your teachers and superiors treat you as nothing more than a tool.

Like right now.

Jaune focuses his aura or "touki" as they like to call it, into his palm as a Chinese priest examines him.

"The applications of this are outstanding!" He said, "Are you all sure that he didn't work out in extremes to unlock it traditionally?"

All of the priests who are also scientists just nodded as they watch without flinching as the Chinese priest took his knife and sliced Jaune's palm.

With morbid fascination, all of them look on expecting blood but only perked when a pale-yellow protective field flashes upon contact.

"Marvelous! The meaning of this can…" The priests ramble in fascination until.

"THAT IS ENOUGH! ALL OF YOU!" a powerful yell exploded making everyone including Jaune freeze, but the adults were the only ones who paled so much.

A man, someone who Jaune can say that Hazel and Ghira are nothing compared to the man entered with powerful steps as he pushed through the doorframe breaking said frame and walls around it due to his size.

"Bishop Strada!" The Chinese priest yelps!

The man was huge, somebody that you should be afraid of; muscles budging making it look like a freak semblance, scars evident of his experience, and his bald head, some white hair, and wrinkled skin told so much of how old this man is.

But upon seeing those eyes, something clicked.

Professor Port?

Jaune expected him to slug everyone to pieces, but he said in a low, but powerful tone. "tell the Pope what you just did, and pray to God that he won't excommunicate you all. Or I will."

The smell of piss permeated the room as grown men ran with their lives.

The Bishop sighed as he observed the young lad, no younger than 10 look at him with curiosity and familiarity.

Beaming, making his eyes close the bishop said, "Well you are now safe young lad!"

Jaune couldn't help but just stare at him. Those eyes may not have Port's eye color, but how those emotions dance in the bishop's eyes with the small facial and body mannerism reminds him of that bad professor, but great warrior and ally from a lifetime ago.

"Professor Port?" Jaune couldn't help but ask

"Who?"

"Nevermind" Jaune felt like a fool to believe that this man of muscle could be the Legendary Professor Port of Remnant.

But now that he thinks about it, this hulk of a man does not look like Port, because he could not remember what Port looks like.

Thinking how he rolled his old life's memories throughout the week, he constantly reminisces about certain people without putting a face on them, just the memory of them.

Cardin, Penny, and Ozpin.

And when he thought deeper, he could only remember the faces of his family and close friends including Oscar, but Ozpin and other people who are important to him like Cardin, Port, Qrow, Glynda, Vine, and Marrow; people who were significant in his life, he could not put a visual image of them. Just the conversations, the emotions, the lessons, and a shadow silhouette of themselves.

Even people with who he had more intimate or spicy but less familial relationships like Neon and Ciel do not have a face.

The bishop observed the lad while he was going through a multitude of emotions with confusion, and it did not bode well to the bishop that it might be due to those priests!

"Young lad, I am here to fetch you for your Sacred Gear Awakening ritual. Your classmates and friends are undergoing it now."

"Well, I was going there until those priests pull me aside."

"I truly apologies for that."

"Water under the bridge."

Jaune left that room to finally go to the room where everyone could awaken their "Semblance."

He was excited about the ritual so that he can finally awaken his Semblance, without someone getting injured.

Too bad the day ended in a way they all never anticipated.

"Oh, My!"

"It's a Miracle!"

"Alas, a new Holy Maiden is with us!"

Dozens of adults surround Jeanne as she held a simple steel rapier. But when Jaune tried his best to push through the crowd to get to his sister, he felt holiness radiating from the sword and Jeanne.

"IT IS THE SPIRIT OF JOAN D'ARC!"

Jaune would have thought that name was just part of the list of potential names his parents, Jonathan and Juniper Arc would name their next daughter.

But upon looking through the eyes of every adult, his worse fears were just realized.

They will use her like a tool, just like how they did to me.

Author's notes.

The second chapter is already out! I am on fire!

Anyway, the third chapter will come out a week from now or so, I just posted these chapters close to one another to set a base/scene for the entire story.

"Author-kun, Professor Port?"

Later

This chapter has a lot of seeds planted for future chapters and foreshadows the direction of the story and the life of Jaune in the future.

Now, maybe it is too early to ask, but I want to.

I dropped the hint on Port, but I have a plan for that, but how do you guys feel if I reincarnate RWBY characters in DxD characters? An example is Ruby Rose reincarnated as Asia Argento. (now I have no plans on doing this character development for Asia or Ruby, but it is just an example for you to get it.)

I am playing the idea, and no Ozma won't be here, the guy needs to rest.

Well, tell me your opinions.

Anyway, this story is somehow an exposition chapter for many things and the reality Jaune is living because he has no idea what is coming.

Also concerning the ecchi parts of the story, I will have the same approach to it as Miracles; I have to let nude or wardrobe dysfunctions happen for the sake of the consistency of the physics DxD has. Also, this is a Rate M story and I do plan for a smut chapter for the romance subplot.

PLEASE comment/review, fav, and follow.

Take Care and God Bless!

Chapter 3 New
I do not own Highschool DxD and RWBY.

-xXx-

In one of the most famous cities in the world, a young boy, barely 5 with black hair ran around on the coble-blocked streets in pure joy.

He is happy to be in Rome! The City where all good fathers and sisters live. The old-looking buildings! The many other people around! The many statues of Saints around! He was learning so much about those wonderful saints here in Rome and his parents were more than willing to tell him about the saints.

There was even a saint holding a spear that stabbed Jesus Christ! At first, he was scared and angry at the saint who had done it! But his parents explained that St. Longinus only stabbed Jesus after Jesus died to check if he is dead and became a Christian afterward!

Through his joy and running around in the crowded street he will soon discover that he was lost.

Wondering where his mommy and daddy were, he spends a few seconds looking in all directions for his mommy and daddy. What was only 20 to 30 seconds, to the boy it was hours, and the fact he could not find his parents means one thing? He was lost, in an unknown place to boot.

And he has done what all children will do in this situation. Cry.

"WAH! MOMMY! DADDY!"

Crying in a middle of a street would attract people and would gather sympathy especially if it was a young child, but all people around just decided to gawk. Tourists, priests, nuns, and vendors just gawked or ignored the child, not wanting to be involved. The child even felt more terrified that his mommy and daddy didn't come and save him like how they always did when he cried, and the stares of all of these scary old adults didn't help.

He thought of himself sleeping on the streets and never seeing his mommy and daddy again.

Then he felt a pat on his head.

The boy felt a familiar large hand on his hair, patting him affectionately. He thought that it was his daddy, but when he looked up, he saw a man with hair like the sun and eyes like the sea. His smile calming like his father's, but he looks way younger than him. For some reason, the child feels like he was looking at his grandfather.

The child didn't have yet the vocabulary to describe what he saw, but through the man's eyes, a fatherly and grandfatherly instinct shined through to protect the child.

"It is okay now." He said like how the child's grandpapa will say when he cries.

The boy instinctively pressed his head further to the man's hand, he felt that it was rougher than his father's, but the mere presence of the man told him that he was a good guy! Like daddy and Grandpapa!

"I can't find Mommy and Daddy."

The man nodded and squatted to the boy's height and eye level, "when was the last time you saw them"

The boy merely shrugged and looked down to the ground.

"Do you look like them?"

The boy thought for a while and said, "People said that I look like daddy."

Nodding, the man stood up and scanned the area among a large crowd of tourists, priests, and nuns. He spotted no one who looks like the child.

So, to the amazement of the child, the man jumped 8 feet into the air! Once in the air for a second, he spotted two people, a couple, panicking in the sea of tourists. When he landed back on the ground, only a few priests saw him do the act and just shook their heads.

"I found your parents, come." The man offered his hand to the boy, and the boy, who felt like he could trust him, took his hand.

-xXx-

Seeing a kid crying into the chest of his mother is not something you want to see. The mother hugged her son tight while the father bowed in gratefulness to Jaune.

"Thank you! Thank you!"

"It's not a problem sir."

The mother observed the young man and was surprised to see someone as young as him here while wearing the priestly black vest.

"Are you a priest? You look so young."

"Ahh… no, not yet at least. Still, 14, and I need to be older to formally be one." Jaune responded and turned his head to see his group looking for him, "Anyway I have to go, enjoy your tour, Sir, Ma'am."

When he was about to leave, he felt a tiny hand grab his vest, he turned and saw the boy looking at him with teary eyes, "Thank your big brother! I… I will be a priest just like you."

Both parents look amused, but Jaune looked anything but, as he tried his best to repress some memories in his current life.

"No problem, but you have a long childhood ahead of you, so don't think too much of the adult stuff, okay?" Jaune patted the child's head with affection, "Being a priest or nun, is a big responsibility, and sacrifices are made."

The child just looked confused, and the three grown-ups just laughed.

"Hahahaha that is advice coming from a young teenager like you." The Father chuckled.

"Well, I picked my responsibilities." Jaune turned and saw his group, "I have to go! Bye!"

Then he jogged and waved through the crowd of people to finally meet up with his group.

"Where have you been?!"

An irritated twin quietly yelled as she grabbed Jaune's hand and brought him back to the group.

"Well, a found a lost kid."

"I am sure that the priest and nuns on the streets would have helped him. C'mon! we will be late!"

Jeanne tugged Jaune to the group, excited about what is to come for today's activity while Jaune merely smiled sadly at her last comment.

They will soon arrive at a highly secured building, but to tourists, it looks like one of the many chapels available in the Vatican with its goth design, saints, and angels statues around it.

Upon entering a highly secured building of the Vatican, Jaune and his classmates were greeted by the sight of many children of different ages. They wore different uniforms; some were familiar with representing the different departments they belong such as Lint and Sieg wearing white vests while other people wore different designs!

He then saw different priests and nuns wearing different designs and immediately saw designs of the Protestant and Orthodox faiths.

What are rivaling faiths doing in one building?

They all entered a room and Jaune immediately felt the magic guarding it; his aura tingled for just a moment to feel the raw magical properties interact with his unique "magic". But when they all went in even further, he felt a cold chill shimmering just beneath his aura; his aura screamed at him to run.

Grabbing the hand of Jeanne, he whispered to her without raising any suspicion, "Jeanne, warn everyone. Code pigeon."

Jeanne immediately tensed up as she understood the code her brother made for everyone in her class, as she passed the code to her classmates. Slowly, every one of his batches tensed up and looked around cautiously.

"You are not joking Jaune?" Sieg asked seriously, "We are in a very secured area."

"A secured area has something valuable in it, so it will be no wonder if someone tries to steal or kill it."

The group stood beside many others as their muscle tensed and their eyes darted.

Although Jaune cannot see that much, they saw a huge row of swords glowing in energy.

"Welcome! Brothers and Sisters from every faith! Today will be the Holy Sword Ceremony selection held only once in every generation." A man announced in front of everyone, "You are here to see if any of these Holy Swords and Weapons could synergize with you."

Jaune didn't know how to feel about Holy or Magic Swords in general. Isn't it just the Schnees' weapons? Yes, useful but weapons, dust, and semblance should never be overly relied on. Then again it is coming from a guy who used an heirloom to fight Grimm.

"And since we have participants from the Sigurd Institute, we can finally bring the Demonic Swords to the table." Sieg, Lint, and many others wearing the same vest as they beamed.

Suddenly, the warning his aura gave him spiked as a few men finally pushed a cart carrying five huge and wide swords.

"Behold the Demonic Swords of the Norse Realm!"

Many people were in awe of the weapons, but Jaune just stared at them. Like a fly towards a fire, only instead of amazement, he felt terror and caution with his aura warning him much more.

The Pool of Darkness. The last "gift" of the God of Darkness and the origin of all Grimm.

A quick flashback from a young Oscar with a different voice explains the environment of Salem's realm and rediscovering another lost ability of his aura.

Releasing a breath, he didn't know he was holding, he whispered to Jeanne, "False alarm. My aura was reacting to the Demonic Swords."

Jeanne too released a breath and smiled in understanding to her twin. Soon the message was passed on to the remaining classmates.

"You scared of them~," Lint asked teasingly

"They are called Demonic Swords for a reason Lint."

"Hehehehe~ Sieg and I are designed to wield them, so don't go avoiding me once I wield one~" She finished with a flirtatious smile and a wink, but all she got from Jaune was his brotherly smile.

Lint then fumed at the lack of his reaction as Sieg gave a knowing smile back at Jaune. Jaune saw Sieg's look and gave him a smile telling him that he knew what Lint was doing.

The ceremony proceeded with Sieg compatible with all five Demonic Swords and Lint only compatible with one.

The rest touched sword to spear to bow and even shields to see if they will react.

"Yes!"

"Not bad!"

"THANK YOU, GOD!"

The majority of us were compatible with many Holy Weapons, however, these weapons were only at the same level as the swords which Holy Blacksmith makes; just above the mass-produced light swords with a few unique magic abilities.

The minority of others who were not compatible at all were comforted by peers and mentors claiming that they already have a Sacred Gear.

As for Jaune.

"No good?" Jeanne asked as Jaune held Excalibur Rapidity, as it refused to glow or unleashed its power.

Jaune sent his aura into it in hopes that it might trigger anything, but all he got was a curious message.

[You are like him, but you are not him.]

Jaune understood that maybe Holy Swords are just picky as a young Weiss.

"Nah, even this didn't work."

Jeanne looked sad for her twin as Excalibur Blessing glowed brightly in her hand.

"It's alright Jeanne."

"But… but you didn't even get a Sacred Gear!"

"Hey, I have Aura."

Jeanne's eyes darken when Jaune mentions his "gift", but not in jealousy but righteous anger.

"There must be something you can do other than that. So that they can…"

"Hey." Jaune placed his hand on her to calm her down, "Everyone is special, and believe me that sometimes people will just see that as being alien." He then turned to Sieg as he held three swords with his Twice Critical, "My gift is special, and I will not have it another way."

Then Jaune felt pain!

"ARHGGGG!"

He fell to the ground and his body pulsed out rapidly! Electric arcs covered his body as his aura tried to fight back, but obviously, fail to do anything about it.

A memory of one Neptune and his Tri-hard electrocuting Sun in their spars as he is one of the very few huntsmen to have an anti-huntsmen weapon, a taser.

"JAUNE!"

"Hmmm, I see. So, your touki won't activate on a surprise attack." A familiar and annoying voice spoke.

"YOU!"

Hundreds of swords were unsheathed as Jaune's classmates, now Holy Sword and Demonic Sword users point their weapons to him.

"STOP THIS NOW!"

The power of the Spirit of Joan d'Arc, Excalibur Blessing, the Demonic Swords, and many other lesser Holy Swords were unleashed as they all threatened the Chinese Priest.

"Now remember your place." The Chinese Priest threatened.

"I am Joan d'Arc and wield of not one, but six Excalibur Fragments." Jeanne reasoned back, "if anything, my position now outranks you, a priest who is knowledgeable of a pagan power!"

The Chinese Priest then unleashed his touki in anger as tensioned rise.

But while this was going on, Jaune wore a worried face not due to the stand of, but because of something else.

"Stop! All of you."

The new holy sword wielders and demonic wielders stopped and looked at him in confusion.

"We all know that they have little care about me, a "Touki" user's well-being, so don't cause any trouble now."

His new armed classmates looked at the adults in the room and noticed that none of them decided to step in for Jaune, then they sent their glare at them. Even without the power of their swords, their glare is enough to scare many of the adults who were now outranked by these kids due to their status as Holy Sword wielders.

Jaune looked at the side again and still saw his new worry.

-xXx-

"You have some balls to say such an accusation, boy." An aged man behind a desk said.

"Director," Jaune looked on bravely with determination, "I know what I saw, and believe me if you saw how that, bishop, stared at Jeanne and my other classmates you can tell something is up and be overprotective of them."

"So, you are sure that Bishop Galilei, one of the star scientists of this generation, is a pervert?"

Jaune looked confused for a moment, "what? Pervert? Why will I say that?"

The director let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding. He didn't know if he wanted to believe young Jaune, especially with that rumor/joke that the Vatican has pedophiles running around.

"… he had a mad smile every time someone showed signs to be a holy sword wielder, especially for the Excalibur fragments." Jaune gravely said with a maturity of an adult, "like he had something in mind or a plan."

"Well, maybe he is just brewing some ideas to counter the devils."

"Director, with all due respect, we all know that a full war or extinction of the devils will not do good to the humans, and the madness he had belongs to someone who is a psycho, not just that of a fanatic. I know that look."

"Jaune, I am truly sorry about what the higher-ups and Father Peng have done to you, but I doubt he is a psycho."

"Sir, I know how a psycho looks like, how a fanatic looks like, and how a psycho fanatic looks like. Trust me." Memories of Tyrian surfaced for a moment, "Father Peng is merely a fanatic on my touki and God; my touki is a chance to finally prove himself that he belongs to the church, but what I saw in that Bishop, was one of a fanatic and a psycho."

The director couldn't help but sigh.

"Listen Jaune, maybe your overprotectiveness is just getting the better of you."

"Believe me, Sir, there is a reason why I must be overprotective; treating the wounds of my sister and making sure she ate breakfast is one thing, but this concern requires your attention."

With his chin on his hands, the director looked at Jaune to see any crack in his logic, but all he saw were strong blue eyes that reminds him of the ocean. Strong, dangerous, and ancient, but none of it held a lie, only the sureness of the general before winning his war.

"I will send spies just to investigate him for a while." The Director said.

"Thank you, Sir."

-xXx-

"Do we have to do this now?" Jaune asked as he held his steel sword by the blade at his side.

"What is better than the present?" Sieg said as he leaned on a heavy chunk of red metal, one of his demonic swords.

"It is dangerous." Jaune reasoned as he waved to the rest of the class on the sidelines just observing.

"No worries~" Lint yelled, "we are far from the collateral zone!"

Jaune merely shook his head while flipping his longsword in the air and grabbed it by the handle. The sword was a very normal looking, metallic surface with no magical enhancement, and was thin like a classic knight's sword.

Nothing compared to the legendary swords weighing down on Sieg as he stashed four of them in his coat and hefted the biggest one to his shoulder with a bit of effort.

Seeing this, Jaune quickly grabbed his steel shield for the fight thinking that tanking will be necessary.

Jaune honestly thinks this is overkill. But the rest of the class deem it necessary. They need to see. See if there is now a shift of power balance in the class.

Then they burst forward and their blades clashed

*CLANG CLANG CLANG*

Sieg felt both frustration and relief.

*Clang!*

And they are because of this one blonde man he is sparing with.

Gram, the King's Demonic Sword swung strongly and quickly at his opponent only to be blocked by an ordinary steel blade.

Once locked, his opponent twisted his sword to point his tip towards Sieg while still locking to Gram.

Sieg on got a moment to turn his head to the side as a blade nearly skewered his head as it rang and ground against his own.

With wide eyes, he saw ordinary steel, steel which should be broken or at least dented a hundred times over by now, being coated by that familiar glow of pale yellow effectively turning it into one of the hardest and sharpest swords this training grounds will ever get.

He saw the blade get larger as his opponent turned his trust into a swing to decapitate his head.

Sieg ducked and backpedaled to get some breathing space. He observed Jaune Arc, his best friend and unofficial leader of their class, restart his stance with his shield.

Even with Gram he could not fully beat Jaune, but surprisingly he has no issues with it; he felt relief.

It was no secret that Jaune was alienated by the higher-ups and their peers who are not part of their class due to the unique "Touki" Jaune has. Sieg knows what it feels like to be alienated, especially since he is an artificial human, but the alienation of Jaune was stupid because everyone does not know the origins of his Aura, but they know that it is not a gift from God.

He felt sad that Jaune never got a Holy Sword or a Sacred Gear to call his own so that he can prove to be gifted by God, but this fight just shows that Jaune does not need pity or worry.

Like, why will the church throw away someone better than Holy Sword and Demonic Sword users?

It was wishful thinking, but it was what makes him sleep at night.

Sieg swung his sword from above his head and while Jaune remain unmoving, Sieg know what he will do next, and he wanted it to happen.

A quick move and Gram slammed against an ordinary steel heater shield; again, that shield should be dented a hundred times over, but a pale-yellow aura coated it making it feel like a wall from the Gates of Heaven.

Sieg commanded Gram to activate just slightly, maybe a fraction of its true power, as the temperature rose and the red blade shimmered, but Jaune remained unmoving as his shield glowed brighter in response to the attack.

The Greatest Norse Sword vs an Ordinary Sword and Shield

Many would think that the Norse Sword will win, but like how their former instructor, Sister Griselda said, a complex or magical blocked strike is worse than a sloppy strike.

Jaune pivoted his heel and slid Gram to his side, forcing the blading to smash into the ground.

The floor turned into lava due to the power of the sword, but Jaune immediately stomped the heavy blade fully to the ground, forcing Sieg to lose his grip.

The sword deactivates once that happens while Jaune smashed his shield into the face of Sieg, breaking his nose.

*SMASH!*

Sieg was effectively knocked away from him as he flew for a moment and landed on his feet. He glared at Jaune as he smelled his blood and grabbed hold of his other demonic sword while Jaune charged at him.

Sieg's backhand swings his sword and Jaune only for a tiny moment to parry the sword away from him.

The party was strong enough to balance Sieg, and Jaune took the opportunity to pummel strike him to the temple.

Pain raced across his head as the world was spinning for a moment.

Okay, now Sieg is getting pissed.

A scale arm burst from his back as he activated his Twice Critical Subspecies, doubling his physical attributes and grabbing hold of is other swords, he spined like a tornado or a blade.

Jaune's aura warned him immediately and pushed him to retreat; he observed his friend twirling with evil energy permeating from the three demonic swords.

While his aura told him to run, it just reminded him of one grimmified psycho with a Grimm scorpion tail and claws.

Dropping his shield to the ground with a loud bang, he held his longsword in a new stance, a half-sword stance where his left hand was holding the blade like a staff, effectively turning his sword into a spear.

The cold steel of the blade on his skin warned him that he might cut himself, but muscle memory from another life made sure that his technique will not fail him.

Many rose their eyebrow, but Jeanne only smiled in amusement.

Jaune lunged forward with the air clapping just a little bit and thrust his sword like a spear, even if Sieg was still spinning, he could find an opening to piece him, however, Sieg was fast enough to knock the tip of the sword wrenching it from Jaune.

That was his mistake.

Jaune let go of his sword letting it spin in the air as he delivered a flying knee with the momentum of his lunge to Sieg infused with aura. Sieg tried to block the limb with two swords and swung the third one to Jaune.

Jaune infused his hand with more aura and grabbed the swinging hand of Sieg, effectively halting the blade.

Sieg shifted his legs, preparing to spin again, but was shocked when Jaune grabbed his longsword in the air by the blade with his other hand.

The blade bites his palm but is protected by aura as he swung it to Sieg's head like a hammer.

*BANG!*

The guard of the longsword smashed to Sieg's head as his brain bounced and his skull threatened to crack, giving him so much pain and dizziness as Jaune remained standing, holding his sword by the blade.

An instinct told Jaune to finish him off, to pierce his heart like what he did to that dead psycho, but he had enough control to know that he was not fighting Grimm Tyrian Callows, but his best friend.

"Damn, you." Sieg cursed.

"Sorry." Jaune only could give a sad smile especially since he was using his experience from a much more deadly, but similar foe from a lifetime ago.

He needs to teach Sieg how to overcome those flaws.

*Clap Clap*

Jaune turned to that sound, he expected it to be their current sparing teacher, but it was a man wearing a leather jacket and has a huge scar on half of his face.

The man reminded him of Qrow, but unlike the drunk who had a sloppy posture and tired eyes, this man has a free spirit matching the Sun.

"That is some interesting fighting style boy." The stranger said.

"Thank you, Sir."

"Hmmm… Gram, the legendary sword was not able to make a dent in yours?" The man asked curiously, "Why is that?"

"Ah…. Because I infuse my touki to my blade, making it harder and sharper." Jaune hesitantly replied, as the entire class including Sieg, shifted and started to get protective of Jaune and stared coldly at the stranger, but the man didn't mind at all.

"Yes, I read that in the reports." The man said, "Your touki is a mystery to the church and many also deem it an abomination of the pagan gods."

Many of the students frown heavily.

"So, you are telling me that you can turn a stick into a blade rivaling a magic steel one?" the man asked

"Yes sir."

"Hmmm." The man looked at Jaune for a moment, tension rose as many thought that Jaune will be experimented on again, they were not wrong, but they didn't have anything to fear about.

The man brought a bag and unzipped it, bringing out a crusader longsword, still wrapped in what looked like holy cloth. Unwrapping the weapon, it reveals a cross longsword made from silver.

It has a normal shape compared to the magic swords the world has the offer, with a thin blade and no other special or outlandish design. It has though, engravings of the images of saints along the middle of the blade, and symbols of the Holy Trinity at the guard.

"Here boy, try it." The man offered him the blade.

Jaune held the blade. It was taller than him, but again he was still a young teen. It was as light as any ordinary steel blade and was perfectly balanced. He also felt no magic on it. He observes the spine of the blade and saw familiar portraits of the 12 apostles on it, with the Apostle's Creed engraved by the blade.

"Think fast boy!"

Jaune only has a moment to see a light sword deployed and swinging at him at an almost god-like speed.

Jaune only had a moment to tense his muscles and blocked the light sword with the silver sword in his hands.

The air clapped as for the first time, Jaune was pushed back by a sword strike and was sent flying to the air and letting go of his grip as the force tore the blade from him.

He landed roughly, hitting the pavement hard but his aura shields him. His classmates rushed to him and tried to assist him with worried expressions.

"Jaune!"

"I am okay Lint"

"Impressive." The man said as he observed the silver sword discarded on the ground, "This kind of sword is infamous to be extremely soft, yet it retained its shape after that strike."

Jaune stood up and faced the man, "I infused it with my touki."

The man nodded and looked at Jaune even further, where Jaune expected the mad and morbid curiosity of a scientist, he saw respect from a soldier, no, a Huntsman.

"Boy, that strike was enough to cut through military tanks, and you made sure the blade was not damaged at all." He walked towards Jaune then everyone got tensed, Jaune waved them to stand down, smiling to them that it was okay, and met the man halfway.

"The church, they don't respect you. But I do" The man said as he placed a hand on Jaune's shoulder, "My department only answers to the Pope, I see you can fit right in it like a fish in water."

"What are you saying?"

"I am offering you to be my apprentice." The man suddenly offered, "That way we can maximize this touki and keep those pesky priests off your back."

Suddenly Jaune gave him his full attention, "Really?"

"Yes. Our department deals with different problems that most exorcists shy away from." The man smirked.

"Shy away?"

"Well, it is sad, but you can say that many of the exorcists rely too much on God's and his gifts, and because of that they became too narrow-minded on who is the enemy and just preach that the devils are the priority because God didn't say there is another enemy."

Jaune could understand. Although he does not fully pray to God, he respects Him especially since Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are way better than the Brother Gods. Though he does not worship God, he rather works for Him since He is trying to do something right, than the shitshow or excuses of the Brother Gods, and the other pagan gods this world has.

But to Jaune, it is sad that there will always be fanatics no matter the cause or religion. The followers of Adam, Tyrian, Emerald at one point, and even Ozma when he was still happily married to Salem.

Sometimes the reason and message are lost when they reach for their ideal.

"… and because of that, the Catholic Church made a department century back to host priest and nuns who want to do the work of God and is not afraid to go to the deepest valleys without Him."

Now, this sounds like nonsense to everyone. All know God will always be with them, but if they think about the Holy Swords as context, it means missions that might not require God's Light.

"Boy," the man smiled, "I am offering you to be a Monster Hunter."

Jaune was surprised by the offer, especially since no one mentioned the hunters, just the monsters they fight. But if this is the chance, he needs to finally live his remaining "childhood" at peace. He looked at Jeanne and saw her smile in excitement, excitement for him to finally be "safe", but that also leaves a problem.

"I do it, on one condition." Jaune looked serious like a businessman which he knows Weiss will approve of, "My sister comes with me."

Author's Notes.

BOOM!

Now, this is the premise of the first few arcs of this fic before we get into the canon.

I will be honest, canon will not happen anytime soon; not too long, but not very soon too.

Maybe a few of you noticed it in the last chapter, but we will be diving into this new territory and it will change canon.

Be prepared for monsters you have heard and never heard.

We can also see the discrimination Jaune receives, to those who still don't understand, let's just say it is human nature to label something unknown to them, and the church (higher-ups) decided to label it as a pagan power, especially to them it is a unique kind of touki, an eastern, Buddhism or Shinto power.

Also, I have vastly received reviews on people not wanting RWBY casts to join. Okay, but I will not change Bishop Strada though.

I will also be trying to change the tone of the story away from the typical DxD fic.

Anyway PLEASE review, fav, and follow!

BTW thank you for the 100 followers!

Take Care and God Bless!

Chapter 4 New
I do not own DxD and RWBY. Just this fanfic

-xXx-

"I see." Cardinal Strada said behind his desk.

"Yes, Cardinal it is paramount that with Jaune's touki he can be trained to use one of our most deadly, yet inefficient weapons ever made."

"Silver Swords." Strada said as he began to scrutinize young Jaune.

Jaune felt extremely uncomfortable as he felt like looking straight at Professor Port; he, himself is here in this new world, it will not be out of logic if someone else from Remnant is also here on Earth, but Strada never asked anything about his aura, until now.

"Lad," Strada asked, "although I have read the reports and the… 'unlethal' experiments conducted on you. Tell me, in your own words, what is this Touki?"

"Aura" Jaune immediately corrected the cardinal, "it is the light of my soul and a reflection of who I am."

"What are the limits?"

"Think of it like a force field with a health bar." Jaune took a calming breath, "it can also act like traditional Ki or Touki, but that requires a lot of practice."

"Doesn't Ki require practice in the first place?"

"Think of how Magic works for Humans, the devils can use instinct alone to use their magic, and calculation is used for efficiency while Human has to use calculation all the time."

"Is there anything else?"

"There is a 'Balance Breaker' aspect to the Aura, but that is tricky to unlock."

"Have you achieved it?"

"No, sir."

"I see, then tell me, why do you trust me?" Strada said

"I beg your pardon?"

"Lad," Strada said with a serious tone, "you could have just spout out what you just said, and the experiments would have been at least kinder to you, but you have not, meaning that you don't trust anyone with this information."

I only told you the basics, old man.

Basic indeed, Jaune wanted to see if he could trust Strada, seeing if he will perk up with the familiarity of the rundown of Aura. He wanted to see if this man was really from Remnant.

And surprisingly, Strada's eyes did.

"Hmmmm…." Strada hummed, "I understand why Father Peng was too fascinated with you."

Jaune and Jeanne frowned, "and from what Father Criston said about the application for the Silver Swords, I also believe we can maximize your skill with the Monster Hunter department. However, why is young Jeanne here."

Jeanne is seen sitting beside Jaune, frowning, "To ask you to command Jaune to go without me!"

"Jeanne, I am only concerned about your well-being."

"And I am not concerned about yours?!" Jeanne yelled at Jaune, ignoring that she is in her superior's office, "this is your chance! You can finally be free!"

"Sir, I am only going if my sister comes with me," Jaune said ignoring his sister.

"And does she agree?"

"NO!" Jeanne screamed, "Cardinal, my brother is just being overprotective of me and thinks this is for my welfare."

"And I am not going to the Monster Hunter Department if she doesn't."

"Jaune!" Jeanne said, "I understand why you are worried. But our situations are completely different; they hate you because you are an anomaly, but I am treated differently because I have an important role."

"How can you say that? Are you that blind, Jeanne?"

"Really? Care to explain Jaune?" Strada asked.

"She is a Holy Maiden, sir."

From that one statement, Cardinal Strada deflated looking at his desk with a hint of defeat and shame, before smiling at Jaune, "so that is your angle, clever."

"Cardinal?" Jeanne asked unsurely

"You are lucky to have a brother like Jaune," Strada said, "he thought of a solution where I couldn't, especially with the versatility of your Sacred Gear."

"Wha…? Cardinal Strada! My Holy Blacksmith makes holy swords! And with Excalibur Blessing, I ca…"

"I admire your drive on being an exorcist and maybe your naivety towards the harsh reality of the church. But think of it like this young Jeanne, it is a win-win. You can assist the undermanned Monster Hunter department and be treated as a normal person."

"I AM JOAN D'ARC! IT IS MY DUTY! MY DESTINY! TO PROTECT THE WEAK AND SERVE THE CHURCH!" she yelled as she stood up.

Her breathing got ragged, her eye dilated and she shook just slightly due to stress.

Normally people will be angry at the such outburst, but both adults and the adult in a child's body can see where this is going.

"YOU CANNOT JUST TAKE WHAT I WORK FOR YEARS AND SAY IT IS FOR NOTHING!"

"Jeanne," Jaune sad patiently, "your training is not in vain. You just have to adjust your gear to…"

"No, Jaune!" Jeanne glared at her brother, "Holy Blacksmith is best used against devils!"

"And I couldn't agree even more!" Suddenly an elderly woman burst through the door, "Saint Joan d'Arc just couldn't be handed to the Monster Hunter department! She is a symbol of our faith!"

"And I couldn't imagine if the True Longinus, Graal, or Incarnate Anthem will show up in our doorstep." Jaune commented sarcastically, "will you treat them like the others, or will you push them over the edge like what you did to Leo."

"Watch your tongue." The elderly nun said coldly, "you know nothing about purpose and the use of God's gift."

"Like how you deem other Sacred Gears as pagan gifts." Jaune answered back.

"Cardinal Strada" the nun called

"No, Jaune please speak you mind."

"You deemed Sword Birth and even other dark or beast related Sacred Gears like Twice Critical as abominations even though they are made by God; and have an incredible bias with Gears with the affinity of Light"

"YES! Even the Heavenly Dragons are pagan gears! That is why we should use the righteous gears to the most we can!"

"And yet you will welcome the True Longinus even though it killed Jesus. Where is the consistency of your claim, sister" Jaune then stood up to the nun, "if you just welcome the other sacred gear users, like Sieg and maybe, just maybe your agenda can be already be done. The Holy Maidens can at least feel like human and -"

*Slap!*

"Don't you dare lecture me boy! You are nothing but a product of the pagan gods! You are nothing like your sister!" She glared at Jaune, "come Jeanne, we will now delegate which Excalibur will fit you the best."

"Wait Jeanne." Jaune said, "this is your choice, no matter what you choose I will come with you."

Jeanne didn't get a chance to reply as the nun grabbed her wrist, "Choice? Choice?! She is the reincarnation of Joan d'Arc! This is her destiny! Her duty!"

"Last time someone said or dictates a maiden destiny is this and that, he died by that power." Jaune said darkly with a hundred-yard stare as he remembered the Attack of Beacon.

But the nun took it as a blasphemous claim, she was about to explode again, until.

"Hahahahaha as if you have a choice too boy!"

"You..." Jaune growled as Father Peng barge in.

"C'mon Jaune! I know how you feel! But we must not stray from our path in service of God!"

"And being a Monster Hunter not a service to God?" Father Creston asked.

"Oh don't play coy, Creston! You very know the threat the Devils pose."

"Oh, I know. But I also deal with things that you graciously neglect." He sighed, "you guys are running the hunters thin because your greediness of the new recruits."

"As if you know how to manage any additional asset!" The nun yelled.

"Oh, I do. We are so few that I care. I care for every hunter to the point that I can be considered overprotective. Our gear and armor are more utilitarian and practical than your 'sacred' tools or your dependence on God. In fact, I dare say that you guys use Holy Swords like a clutch."

Both priest and nun stared down to the sole hunter as tension rose.

"Ahem"

Then it vanishes when humanity's strongest interrupted.

"I believe it is the choice of the children. Regardless of talent or gift." Jaune felt relief, "however I couldn't ignore the facts of Sister. So! How about we do this."

Anticipation grew as the fate of the twins was about to be announced.

"Jaune Arc will fight Father Peng. Then the twins will get to decide what they will do in their lives if he wins."

Many were shocked of that announcement. Jaune was still a child pit against some in the caliber of Father Peng. But Jaune saw a very familiar light in Cardinal Strada's eyes

It was the same light he had when Professor Port dared anyone to go against his captured Grimm.

More than once people wonder why Professor Port was even allowed to do it or what was the purpose and lesson to fight it, or how he captured it in the first place.

But after fighting with the man, Jaune knows that Port's approach wasn't the theoretical way of teaching, but trial and error in the fire itself. If he had it his way, Grimm's Studies will always be on the field and lessons will always be boots on the ground.

He doesn't know if he can fully trust Cardinal Strada, but that familiar light gave him the confidence, and besides he is already backed to a corner.

"I accept."

-xXx-

Jaune haven't seen this training grounds before. It was bear with sand on the ground, and surprising the walled were made from steel. There are some seats way above and away from any potential collateral damage, and strangely enough he saw his classmates on them.

"GO JAUNE!"

"KICK HIS BUTT!"

His classmates cheered for him as the other audiences, students, priests, nuns, and other professionals station in the Vatican. They merely whispered to one another as some looked on with an analytical gaze while other's felt boredom.

At the corner he saw Jeanne with Father Creston both looked concerned, while behind them was a huge man, Cardinal Vasco Strada. He looked at the arena with a smile and he looks excited.

"Are you ready, boy?" Father Peng said as he removed his coat, showing a black tight shirt rippling with muscles.

Jaune, for the first time unsheathed his new Silver Sword. It made a ringing sound and shined beautifully by the light above. Some student's thought it was a Holy Sword, but the professionals scoffed at it.

It is an ordinary, soft, sword.

Jaune picked up his shield and assumed a battle stance he had forged through the Grimm War.

"As I ever be."

Jaune didn't even get to finished that sentenced as the wind shifted and Father Peng disappeared. His Aura screamed at him, and with practiced easy he realized where he will get hit.

Jaune crotched just into as a fist soar where his head use to be, just touching the tips of his hair.

*BAM!*

Jaune was launched for a moment as his shield was ringing from the powerful kick the priest threw. He saw Father Peng shrink then suddenly occupied his entire vision as he stepped forward to the flying Jaune and punched his shield midflight.

His shield shined upon impact as Jaune slammed against the metal wall. Even without looking where his opponent is, he knew that he is cornered, and that he must get out.

Unfortunately, he was not fast enough as a fist slammed into his shield once more! His aura shined, but the metal crack as the priest threw another punch right at it.

Cornered, Jaune braced himself as the onslaught continued.

"See! See! You are weak!" Father Peng said as he chained punch the shield, "But I can train you! Together we can-"

Then Jaune angled his shield to the side, letting the incoming fist slide and exposing Father Peng side.

In one pivot, Jaune turned to his side and sliced Peng's ribs in one motion. Silver edge infused with aura cut through the clothes of the priest, but a think Touki burst out, shielding the victim's skin.

*BAM!*

Jaune felt pain as Father Peng backed hand him to the face. He stumbled backwards as his brain rattled.

It is like Cardin or Cinder all over again.

Jaune thought, but not bitterly, it just means that there is a power gap.

Although comforted by that thought, he was again reminded that he was too slow as fist flew straight to him.

His aura flashed as he tanked the blow. Many waited for him to fly again but were greeted by a sight of a child remained unmoving as a fist is planted in his face.

Peng looked unimpressed, and impatient as he launched a viper strike to Jaune shoulder. Jaune move his sword in time to block the strike, then a bright flash, brighter than the once before, shone.

The silver blade infused with aura reflected the light of Jaune soul like a mirror, blinding some while burning the eyes of Peng.

Peng disengaged as Jaune took a peek on his opponents clenched eyes, then once they opened, Jaune dug his sword to the sand, and swiped it up to his opponent.

Sand hit Peng's eyes as the debris clung to them. The man couldn't wipe them away as the tiny stones scratch his eye.

"OHHH!" the crowed winced as Peng felt pain like no other, as an Aura enhance sword struck his crotch!

Touki prevented it from cutting, but the force of metal hitting his jewels still hurts!

Then Jaune climbed on his back and choked him with is sword like a stick. One hand on the handle and the other on the blade, Jaune pulled his sword back into the throat of Peng as he tried to behand him. Peng's Touki activated, and he fell on his back, squashing Jaune.

But Jaune saw that coming. His sword still touching Peng's throat, he began to saw his throat as the audience watched in horror.

*SIIINGGGGGGG! SIIIINGGGGG!"

Peng felt horrible pain and fear and the audience's faces got pale as Jaune continued to grind against Peng's throat. The audience, even professionals and the classmates of Jaune thought they were watching a Slasher Horror film as they watch the brutality of a blade grinding against Touki to reach the victim's throat!

But to Jaune, this is nothing but the usual, especially during the Grimm War where Aura unlocked soldiers sided with Salem. Where Aura became a weapon against them, the gang had to find a way to cut through the it. Explosives, high velocity rounds, tasers, and the more gritty but effective method: Sawing.

Out of pure fear, Peng suddenly unleashed a strong wave of touki, to the point that it could be visibly seen in a soft white aura. It pushed against Jaune, bringing him deeper against the ground as it began to crack

But Jaune held his sword tight as he continued to grind against Peng, but the Touki got thick to the point that it is push the blade away from Peng. Jaune tried his best, but he lost grip of his sword, freeing Peng from the death trap.

Peng turned to the downed Jaune, ready to kill the boy! But was greeted by a hand full of sand to the eyes, however Peng's touki shielded him and grabbed the boy by the neck and threw him to the wall!

Jaune's back slammed into the metal wall with a bang. And was greeted by a barrage of kung fu strikes by Peng.

*BAM!* *BAM!* *BAM!* *BAM!*

Fist, elbows, kicks, and chops flew as they slammed into the face and body of Jaune! But he face-tanked them all, literally as aura flashed against the onslaught. It didn't help that the back of his head keep on banging against the metal wall.

The audience was too shocked to see what is happening. They have fought horrific strays before, but never have they seen what men can do to one another. Father Peng and Jaune Arc, users of Ki! They must be like this because of Ki! Ki is malicious! Both are monsters!

A palm strike slammed into Jaune's face again, but a wave of white flickered around Jaune as it faded away and his aura broke. Jaune felt defeat, he felt he couldn't protect his sister from the harsh reality of this world.

But when he looked up, he saw that Father Peng wouldn't stop as he raised a claw aiming for Jaune's venerable throat.

For the first time in their life, Jaune felt fear for himself.

A claw flew ready to end a life.

"ENOUGH!"

And stopped when a powerful voice called.

Many of the audience and Father Peng expected it to be Cardinal Strada, but with a click of a walking stick and a presence as big as the church itself, Pope Benedict walked into the training grounds.

"Release the boy, Father." A command. And Father Peng quickly let go of Jaune and stood away.

The Pope walked to Jaune with the click of his stick as he observed him.

Bruised, exhausted, and afraid. But he saw blue eyes ready to fight even further as they tiredly glared at him.

Jaune saw an old man with a walking stick and this influencial just reminded him of Ozpin.

"You lost boy." The Pope announced clearly

"Yes." Jaune glared

"But it was under the conditions of Cardinal Strada." The Pope said he scanned the crowd. The audience bowed when his eyes landed on them, but the Pope didn't mind as his eyes finally reached Jeanne. "But I can overrule that condition." He looked down at the lad, "you have fought well, and now I can give your sister the choice."

"Joan d'Arc." The Pope called looking straight at Jeanne, "no, Jeanne Arc! Sister of Jaune Arc! Your future is your choice, and I am giving you the chance to choose, in front of everyone, your path. No questions asked."

Everyone one looked at Jeanne in anticipation. Many of them hoped and beamed that she will strive for the church, especially since the Pope gave her his blessing. With that and the power of Saint Joan and Holy Blacksmith, she can lead the church to glory and destroy the devils!

Jeanne looked at her defeated brother; he fought so hard to win, even using horrific tactics to win, yet he lost. For her sake. Being Saint Joan d'Arc was her destiny, so what her mentors said the moment she unlocked her Sacred Gear.

The perpetual weight of being the future poster girl of the church was heavy, and the expectation of her to be the next Saint was near fantasy. And her brother fought against her and risked his freedom for it.

Jaune closed his eyes as he was too exhausted. Looks like he is still too slow to catch Peng. Oh, he was not Ruby Rose in her prime, but it felt like fighting Blake after their Haven fight.

"I choose…" Jeanne said.

-xXx-

Wooden doors open showing cottage-like interior inside the Vatican. It looked very cozy and spacious with nice wooden furnishing and carpets.

"Welcome to the Monster Hunter Department!" Father Cretin said as he led his new recruits, Jaune and Jeanne.

Both were extremely tired, Jaune was physically and Aura-cally exhausted while Jeanne was emotionally tired. They both dragged their feat as Father Creston, their new mentor brought them into another room.

It looks like a walk-in closet with different weapons of different kinds. One side carried modern guns from rifles, shotguns, and even rocket launchers, the other side held sci-fi-looking weapons, and the front hung a dozen of different kinds of Swords.

"Welcome to the armory," he said, "here is my pride as a Monster Hunter; we don't rely on light!"

Jaune instantly approach the swords, "what are they?"

"Monster Slaying swords." Their mentor said, "however they are also Holy Swords, so only a handful can actually wield one."

Jaune touched the handle of one sword and anticipated a reaction, however.

"Still nothing?" Jeanne asked from behind.

"Yeah." Jaune turned to face his sister and saw that she was looking at two mannequins wearing pure black long tailcoats. The male model wore a vest and wide shoulders making it look as masculine, and the female model wore a corset emphasizing the curves and bust.

"Our uniform." Their mentor said, "and also our armor." He patted the coat, "made from the same material from the spandexes the exorcists use, but more layered. Although they look incredibly plain, you are more than free to customize these as long you don't compromise your protection and remove this cross." He pointed at the Cross of the Vatican at the right breast of the coat.

Jaune looked at his sister who had an exciting beam in her eyes, Jaune smiled back.

At least now, his sister is safer than she can ever be.

Arc 1: [Season of the Maiden] =Complete.

Author's Notes:

And done with the first arc of the story! This is more of a set-up arc to show the direction of the story especially with a foreigner like Jaune and an important character like Jeanne!

So, some of the reviewers has expressed rather passionately about RWBY reincarnating in DxD to be too simple or, uncreative if I can put my understanding to it. Now, I also have expressed about Cardinal Strada/Professor Port is staying, and he is. I have thought out this aspect of the story and the potential of Jaune not being the only reincarnator, however idea of the ladies being part of the story was complicated already in my drawing board, I just wanted to see your reviews on it, and see if I could take the risk. So no, I will not reincarnate the girls as DxD girls.

Shame, I really wanted a Neon turned Kuroka, but I see how much mental backflips I must do to even make it romantic or logical. If you guys guess, I am a JaunexNeon shipper.

But I won't put that bias in the way. Lancaster, Whiteknight, Arkos, Dragon Slayer, Knightshade, and other ships will not be the ship of this story, however I could possibly reference them as Jaune reminisce of his previous life.

ALSO, very important note: I really don't want to point it out because it is already in the realm of "Telling instead of Showing", but with the consistency of how aura works throughout the volumes of RWBY, I have to say it. Jaune's aura will show some rules or physics which were prominent or important from V1 to V3, and seemingly disappeared V4 onward. So those who have forgotten or read other fanfics showing rules going against it, just please understand I am using Monty's rules, but I will also have some creative liberty for the advanced techniques.

Last Note: I am planning to also post a Jaune's Monster Journal, where I will put the details of the monsters the story has so far in the perceptive of Jaune
. I will also put his weapons too. The chapter or Journal will be updated from time to time.

The male attire is based on Jacob Frye from AC Syndicate while the female attire is a combination of Pyrrha's attire, Ruby V4 and Winter's V7 attire.

Anyway! PLEASE Review, Fav, and Follow!

Take care and God Bless!

Chapter 5 New
I do not own DxD and RWBY.

-xXx-

The night is cold at the same time humid. The unbroken moon, the domain of many gods but a creation of God hung fully in the night sky and offer little light to those below.

Its glow reflected beautifully on the calm sea and cast much-needed light on the single rowboat in the middle of nowhere.

On the boat were two young men, one blonde and the other albino. Both wore black coats, and white pants, and has a cross hanging on their neck, but the blonde's coat looked thicker and had a dark red lining, a very dark grey vest, and a red sash with bronze cross patterns under his two belts, and a symbol of two crescent arcs on the sleeve of his coat, wore a pure black shirt and has a light scar near his eye. His blonde hair with some white strands, combed into a wolf tail.

The Albino wore a simple dark grey shirt with some black lining and a gold accent over his coat. His white hair framed his face. His coat also looked stuffed, as if there are so many things hidden in his coat.

They just arrived at their destination for their work to begin.

"So, can you sing?" Jaune asked

"Why not just play music from your phone?" Sieg asked, "You don't need a live song to attract mermaids."

"Yes, but we are talking about a wild mermaid; it is not attracted to a song, but to helpless prey who happens to sing on its territory." Jaune signed as he unsheathes a silver blade adorned with simple engravings of the 12 Apostles.

"I don't sing unless you consider the sound of my blades singing, then I don't." Sieg said as he looked around for their possible hunt, "why don't you sing?"

Jaune merely sighed and cleared his throat while also preparing himself for embarrassment.

"Mirror, can you hear me?" Jaune sang

"Well, isn't that out of tune?"

Jaune ignored his companion and scanned the water with an analytical eye.

"Tell me something."

A simple splash was heard as both snapped towards it, seeing only rippled water.

"Tell me who is the loneliest~" Jaune held his sword tight, "of all~"

Sieg grabbed Gram and stood up in a fighting stance while Jaune remained sitting as a giant fight head peaked out of the water; the head of the common mermaid.

"Mirro-"

Suddenly, a hand with claws burst out of the war soaring straight for Jaune. Jaune slashed it to defend himself, but both were unprepared as a canine-like beast burst out for the other side of the boat and tackled Sieg to the water.

Jaune would normally worry for his friend, but he was too focused on something on the water.

Upon further inspection, the mermaid's head was rotting in seawater, and the beast shook its head to take it off like a mask or a hat made from organic materials.

The beast was literally in sheep's clothing, but only using a dead mermaid's head.

It looks like a dog with a tiger's head, but it was very thin, almost like it looks like it was starving. Dark brown fur, and a tail with a bleeding hand attached to it.

"Shit" Jaune frowned deeply as he got into a low stance to balance himself on the boat. The waters were calm except for the surfacing of bubbles where Sieg fell.

The beast stared down at Jaune, almost trying to instill fear into Jaune like he was trapped prey.

It was true, stuck in a boat with nowhere to run.

The beast seems to smile. It lashed its tail like a scorpion out at Jaune for a surprise attack!

But unexpectedly the tail flimsily flew right past him with little coordination. It suddenly fell on the boat beside Jaune.

The wound Jaune inflicted on it continued to bleed as the surrounding skin darken. The beast tried its best to command it to move, but it only rose for a moment before limping back to the boat. In fact, it couldn't feel the wound, only the tinging pain running through its nerves. The silver already killing the limb at a cellular level, akin to a virus.

It didn't even feel the hand of Jaune grabbing to it tightly and pulling the beast unto the boat.

The beast land rashly on the wooden surface as the water slashed and the boat rocked.

And before it could lash out, it only saw cold blue eyes looking down on it, like the abyss of the ocean itself staring back at it, ready to drown it.

The incredible pain ruled its world as Jaune's silver sword stabbed through the beast's heart and cut its spine.

The beast didn't even have the time to think as Jaune twisted his blade, cracked its rib cage, and harshly yank out the blade, ending the beast's life.

Blood soak the silver sword, until Jaune placed more aura into it, forcing the blood to fall out of the blade like water, making it clean as new.

Jaune observed the now-dead beast. Its wounds are now surrounded by darkened flesh. And if he does not burn it in time, it will decompose on the boat.

But looking into its eyes, Jaune felt like he has killed someone's dog or at least a wolf hunting for its pack. Unlike the Grimm he knows where exactly it was from and just fades into ash once killed, he always has the displeasure of watching the corpses of his hunts.

Back at the water, the surface suddenly bubbled harshly, and steam came out. Not a moment later another beast of the same kin floated to the surface, dead and harshly burnt. Although it looked badly damaged, Jaune took the initiative and drew his pistol.

*BANG BANG!*

Two rounds hit the head of the beast, but it didn't move and continued to float dead.

Then Sieg broke out of the water grasping for air.

"Bloody hell." Sieg swam to the boat, "it was not a mermaid that the witnesses saw."

Jaune pulled him out of the water with little effort and into the boat now carrying blood.

"Yeah." Jaune nodded and looked back at his kill. "What are they doing all the way here in the Caribbean?"

"Migration?" Sieg guessed

"Well… that is a logical answer." He then looked back at the floating corpse on the sea, "C'mon. let's get back to land."

It would take around two hours for both hunters to finally reach shore, wet and tired.

They forcefully pushed the boat to land and into the opening of the forest.

Opening a bag Jaune carefully poured white power over the two corpses, the head, and the blood on the boat. The powder coating everything on the boat as it seems to vaporize a bit.

Lighting a match and tossing it to the powder, it lights up brightly making a pseudo flashbang as the boat burns brightly like the morning sun.

Flesh sizzled and wood burned. The duo watches their kill quickly turn into ash as Jaune pulled out his phone.

"Status Report Layman Jaune."

"We have killed the monsters infecting this town, Sir. However, I must report that we were not dealing with a wild mermaid, but an Ahuizolt."

"So, it was disguised as a mermaid. But what is it doing in the Caribbean?"

"We speculate that it migrated, Sir."

"Well, it is not far from its natural habitat. Anyway, please make sure the corpses are ash and get back to Rome, ASAP. We have a mission specifically for you."

"Yes, Sir." The line died as Jaune saw the dead monsters now ash with the boat, leaving no supernatural evidence.

"Let's go," Sieg said.

-xXx-

The elevator dinged out as Jaune marched into a nice room that looks like a cabin. Even though they are technically in the Vatican headquarters, the room they entered made them feel like in Norway or Scotland with the wood interior, harmful light, a fireplace, and the dozens of heads of monsters hanging by the walls like a trophy.

Jaune walked in and entered through a door to enter a cozy office. Behind the desk was the man who recruited him and his former master.

"Father Creston."

"Layman Jaune." He looked up from his papers, "I take your last mission was easy?"

"Easy for our standards? Yes." Jaune replied.

Suddenly Jaune receives a tackle hug behind, feeling gloriously soft and big breasts squishing on his back, or would have been if he didn't have the familial filter.

"Jeanne."

"Jaune! I missed you so much!" Jeanne hugged Jaune tighter as she hung by his shoulders.

Jaune returned the affection by rubbing her forearms before she let go of him.

Jeanne d'Arc, Joan d'Arc, or simply Jeanne Arc has grown into a beautiful woman. Slim, yet strong and mature frame, no baby fat, and the confidence of an honored soldier.

She wore a black coat of Jaune but only she wore a purple-grey blouse and a maroon combat skirt reaching below her knees. Her black corset is the same type as Pyrrha's where she ties it from behind and has the symbol of St. Joan d'Arc's symbol on the front and the Arc symbol on her sleeve; acknowledging that she is the reincarnation of St. Joan and a proud Arc!

She has a light scar below her lips and wore her pigtails! But what frustrates her even today, was that she was still a head shorter than her brother!

What concerned Jaune is the weird physics of this world where clothes "naturally" cling to a woman's shape as if it is wet 24/7 or acts like a second skin. He had a fair share of staring at the nuns who of course are chaste, but their clothes say otherwise. No amount of Yang's, Black's, Neon's, Emerald's, or Neo's fashion could prepare him for that.

It is honestly Yang's and maybe Neon's dream so that their fashion can enhance their shape too, but Jaune is concerned about how Jeanne is too, "revealing".

"How was your tour?" Jaune asked

Jeanne made a frustrated noise, "it is so annoying! They gathered all the Holy Maidens and just display us around like we are some girl band! I do some party tricks with my blades and everyone will praise that it is a miracle of God," she sighed, "don't get me wrong, it is the miracle of God, but I rather use it to fight than to show it off!"

"Are there plans for another tour?"

"OH yeah there is! I had to use my status as a Monster Hunter to get them off my back. They then cried that 'it is for the glory of God and such. Some even tried to coax me to be an exorcist again!"

"You know you can take stray devil missions, right?"

"Yes, but c'mon there are almost a hundred Holy Sword users, be it the mass produce Light-swords, the lesser Holy Swords, the Fragments, and many holy relics the churches stored; I rather use the versatility of my Sacred Gear to make Silver Swords to hunt monsters! And the Underworld, both the Fallen and Devils also hunt these Strays"

"Good, because I have a mission for you two to attend ASAP." Father Criston then gave them a folder and Jaune picked it up, "there has been some supernatural activity at a rural village in Germany, the usual reports of missing persons and such."

"Then why does it need specifically us?"

"Because the one who reported it to us and begged for our help is a magician."

Jaune looked up from the folder with a frown.

"They require a specific set of skills, or rather they asked for someone of your reputation, Jaune, and Jeanne is just supplementary support for worst case scenario."

"And this is not a trap?" Jaune asks with much suspicion.

"Have no fear, we have contacted the organization the magician works for, and this mission is something they have been cracking for months: from what they can tell me is that a group of stray magicians has been experimenting on something dangerous."

Jaune doesn't know how to feel about that. The last time he works with and against users of magic was in his last life, and how much of a hassle Salem and the Maidens were, he knows now why they specifically need him.

Jaune frowned as unpleasant memories for certain magic users rose.

-xXx-

One of the things that Jaune will always appreciate about Earth, is its hundreds of countries and cultures within. Remnant only had 5 Kingdoms, and 6 unified states if you want to consider Mattle separated from Atlas. Although his old home has different cultures, there were never that deep.

Like right now. The wooden cottages of the village, some loose rural clothes, and the language make you feel like you are in a new world, unlike Remnant where the cultures are almost too similar to each other without further expansion to their own respective cultures.

Like how the Chinese and Japanese use chopsticks, but individually there is a respective meaning to chopsticks per culture.

The village right now reminds him of the dozens of villages of Vale but has its own identity.

Jaune and Jeanne walked on the cemented road with each carrying a big briefcase in hand and Jaune was carrying a military knapsack.

They caught the eyes of many since you don't normally see a who they assume is a priest and a nun with a lot of baggage just simply working in their remote and humble village. Or at least that is what the twins believe.

Men young and old ogled on the beautiful Jeanne with her blonde hair and sinful body, fantasying about some very blasphemous things in their heads. While the maidens and MILFs were pleasantly surprised to finally see a hunk who is dressed like a priest.

"Excuse me, do you know where the pub is here?" one MILF snapped out of her trance as Jaune asked her a question in German.

"Oh, yes. It is right there by the corner." The woman said with a coy smile, "I might go there soon for a drink, but I am alone since my hus-"

Jaune drowns out the remaining of that sentence as he internally lets out a sigh. Here and back in Remnant, the thirsty MILFs still plague his life. It is a good thing it is only happening now.

In the different corners of the Multiverse, multiple Jaunes with different ages and circumstances sneezed.

"So, you think the magician will be there?" Jeanne asked as they moved to the pub.

"Well, maybe. We just must find a person who is wearing a witch's attire." Jaune said as he prepared to meet this witch.

Upon entering the pub, they saw a humble interior made from wood and beer mugs all around. They were expecting to be the center of attention again, especially due to their positions as a priest and nun walking to a bar. But none paid mind to them as their attention was to the white witch sitting on the corner.

Walking to the table Jaune was surprised to see that she as blonde hair and blue eyes like him. But oh Brothers, she is fitting for a model. Tall. Slim. And Buxom with delicate eyelashes and snow-white skin.

Her outfit is that of a witch, only white, her dress is tight fitting and has an exposed underboob to expose her black shirt beneath the dress and her hat is too big.

When the witch looked up at them, she beamed and abruptly stood up.

"Finally, you are here!" she beamed, "I take it that you two are Jaune and Jeanne Arc?" said in Latin

"That is correct, and you are Lavinia Reni from Grauzauberer?" Jeanne replied in Latin

"Yes! Come and sit! We have much to talk about."

"Sure, however" Jeanne looked at Jaune

"I am Layman Jaune, I am not a priest yet." Jaune said with a sheepish smile, "I won't be sure if I don't seek a partner before I take an oath of celibacy."

Drinks were ordered as the ladies decided to go for beer and Jaune had a glass of the available hard drink.

"So, what is this about?" Jaune asked without even sipping his drink.

Lavinia first took a dainty sip of her drink and said, "Well, how do we start? There is a group of Stray Magicians on the lose called the Hexennatch; they perform some outrageous experiments with no ethical consideration and often their workout balances the power of the world." She took a sip of her beer, "my organization both the Grauzauberer and Grigori has the displeasure to fight this group from the past."

"You know we are forbidden to work with the Grigori, right?"

"That is why I am representing Grauzauberer, not the Grigori."

Hmm… politics.

"The Hexennatch has been working on the modification of humans in the past, that is already dealt with, but we have recently received info that they are working on genetic mutations again."

"And you need us?"

"Because they are genetically modifying monsters, more specifically, vampires."

Now that got the attention of both.

"I see, so why just request for your average exorcist? Vampires are extremely weak against light." Jeanne asked

"Modification" Lavinia emphasized

It didn't take long for both to connect the dots and realize what is happening.

"Dear God," Jeanne said in horror.

"Yes." Lavinia said seriously, "we must destroy this research before things can get extremely out of hand. And another incentive for you is that humans are disappearing left and right for this experiment. Whether they are used as testing subjects or cattle, we don't know."

"So, what else can you tell us?" Jaune asked seriously.

"They are working to be immune to light and holiness." She then looked at the hilt of Jaune's sword by his hip, "and that they are only generally located here. We can't pinpoint their location, and that is where you, Jaune Arc, the Silver Huntsman come into play."

"You need a tracker, and me being a silver sword user is just a bonus."

"That, and that you are renowned for hunting beasts." Lavinia smirked, "your reputation proceeds you."

"I didn't even know that I have a nickname."

"Well, honestly, most organizations will just merely scoff at your work since they believe you just need to blast magic on monsters to win, and the Vampires do not recognize themselves as monsters. However, the Grigori, the Devils, and Monster Tamers have their eye on you, especially when it is concerned with their familiars and your efficiency in killing them." She finished her beer. "By the way, have you killed a griffon?"

"Well yeah, they are relatively easy to kill" Jaune replied. Sounds boastful but he faced a swarm of Grimm Griffons in Remnant, the Earth's Griffons only hunt solo.

"Hmm… have to warn Natsume about you." She whispered, "Anyway. I know someone who has a lead and he lives not far from here.

Jaune stood up and for the first time, drank his drink in one shot. "Let's get this over with."

-xXx-

Not far from their destination. If you consider miles of trekking in the middle of the plane lands and forest as "not far".

But Jaune paid little mind to it trekking in these kinds of wood during the day remains him of his journey with Team RNJR; enjoying the scenery, the air, and the conversation. He can also finally see the herbs and berries around and forage them.

The warm sun, the fresh air, the smell of earth. All of it without the adrenaline when fighting a battle feels nice and peaceful.

"So, you have your team?" Jeanne asked

"Yes, we are called Team Slash Dog, named after our leader the current possessor of a Longinus," Lavinia answered

"So, why are they not here? Seem handy to have a Longinus by our side"

"Well because the team is associated with the Grigori, which we know you are forbidden to work with; that is why I am doing this alone, but trust me, my team would like to join this trip very much."

It is not long before they spotted a cottage surrounded by a stone wall and a lot of bushes. Horses, cattle, and goats were seen grazing on the grass peacefully. "We are here," Lavinia said.

We entered the stone walls, and a rustic bee farm was seen with a lot of bees flying and hanging around. They finally reach the main door of the cottage and before they could even knock, the doors opened, and the man of the house greeted them.

He was a big man, easily 8 feet tall, with eyes of beasts and abnormal facial hair and a mane going through his back.

"Hmmm…" a deep voice hummed, "you are finally here."

"Burin." Lavinia bowed, "sorry for being late but I need to fetch these people from the church."

Burin then stared down at Jaune and Jeanne and both reacted differently.

Jaune felt like he was looking at a Faunus. But Jeanne felt her Sacred Gear telling her to create a silver sword and slay this monster.

Tension rose for a moment before…

"Thank you for hosting us." Jaune broke the tension with a smile

"Hmmm… you are not surprised to see me?" a deep rumbling voice asked

"Well, you are different, but I don't think that is bad."

"I am a Beorning, a skin-changer, and from your uniforms, you are a Monster Hunter; shouldn't you slay me now?"

Jaune saw Jeanne lift her left hand on her hip while slightly bending a knee, in the normal eye she looks like she was either casually relaxed or she was trying to get into a feminine or sexy pose, but Jaune recognized that she is in her battle stance.

"I know you are one, but even a regular hunter has the common sense not to kill every prey they see unless they are abusive hunters." Jaune asked with a smirk, "besides, even exorcists can't just slay every devil they see."

Jaune and Burin stared at one another.

Blue stares at Yellow.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Burin laughed loudly and slapped his knee, "I like this one Lavinia, asks first and slays later."

Jeanne easily calmed down as Jaune was just relieved.

"Welcome to my home!"

Burin welcomed the three blondes and offered them something to eat.

"Your trek was long, so fill up first before we get into the gloomy discussion." Burin served some honey cheesecakes for the three; the cakes look very good, rustic, sweet, and creamy. But they were at room temperature.

Jeanne was already eating her cake, humming as she bounced on her chair with happy delight, but Jaune saw Lavinia blow cold air to her treat, freezing it just slightly making the honey and cream goodness look cold. Lavinia saw Jaune looking.

"You want me to chill yours too?"

"Can you warm it up, I like it toasty," Jaune said as Burin served mugs of milk

Lavinia cast a simple fire spell and Jaune's cake heated up, some honey bubbles a bit, steam came out, and the edges were slightly burnt.

Jaune dig in the hot treat. Jeanne smiled in amusement, "he likes burnt cheesecake."

"Ah, yes." Burin said, "I believe that is famous in America. That is what I like about cheesecake, you can serve it hot, cold, or just the right way."

The atmosphere was light with the beautiful and rustic design of Burin's home and fire keeping them warm.

After eating their snack, they gathered around Burin's fireplace and began to talk.

"So, I protect these lands and extension, the people living far from here." Burin said, "recently there were reports of missing persons from different towns and villages, and I have witnessed the kidnapers bring their hostages deep into the dark forest."

"Really? So did you try to save them?"

"I did, however, something, malicious was always there to stop me." Burin looked to the fire, "a humanoid thing with grey slimy skin, no eyes and has the claws and fangs of a vampire. They are fast, relentless, and very dangerous."

"Have you killed any of them?" Jaune asked

"I tried; the first fight was very hard especially since they use swarm tactics. But the second time I fought them, something curious happened; I brought a makeshift cross with me to fight them off, but apparently, it has not done anything."

The three blondes frown heavily, so they were able to modify these vampires to be immune to Holy Aura.

"However, I brought some of the corpses with me when the cross didn't work," Burin continued, "and let them get exposed to sunlight, and puff, they did. Flesh and blood turned into ash the moment the sun rose.

"So, it means that they are not able to remove every weakness," Jeanne concluded

"And that you can kill them through brute force," Jaune added as he looked at Burin.

"True. They are tough, but a good strike can kill them." Burin then looked at Lavinia, "and I reckon they can still be killed by fire or ice."

"The fight won't be an uphill battle," Jaune said, "Jeanne, your swords must be more on the magical and silver side than holiness."

"Understood."

"So, Burin" Jaune asked, "Can you take us to this forest"

"Sure thing." Burin was about to stand up to lead them the way

"Not now, the sun is going down," Jaune said as he saw the dying afternoon light, "as much as confronting them now will be great, we need to be prepared and be aware of how they move. Tonight we will be observing them from a distance."

"Shouldn't we do it now so that there won't be victims," Burin asked

"We can save the victims tonight, but we need to do it away from their forest so tha…"

"Don't worry about the villages." Lavinia said, "I have placed some defenses around them to ward those beasts and hypnotized their sheriffs to be alert for the night and armed them."

Jeanne looked confused, "How?"

Lavinia smiled coyly, "Guns, lots of guns. Courtesy of Grigori."

"Wouldn't they be swarmed?" Jaune looked at Burin.

"No." Burin answered, "they only do that once you are near their territory, but when they get to the villages only one or two, scouts, will kidnap someone."

"Good" then Jaune looked at Jeanne, "can you keep watch?"

Jeanne smiled and nodded.

"Lavinia, what else should we anticipate."

"Magicians, but you have to track their workshop first before they get involved. These modified vampires will be our only problem until then."

"Alright" Jaune stood up and began opening his bags, "let's set up some traps to protect the villages too."

Burin and Lavinia rose their eyebrow as Jaune remove different canisters and surprisingly some children's clothes.

"Hey Burin, do you have some straw?"

He nodded and went back to get some hay.

"What are you doing?" Lavinia asked

Jaune smirked, "Making a guide for us."

Author's notes

Now the plot is going forward, and welcome to the first arc of the story!

"Who is Lavinia?" she is from the first story of the author of DxD and is part of the DxD universe.

"Burin?" he is an OC, but he is based on a monster which you all know if you saw The Hobbit.

Also, for attire of Jaune, the blackcoat is the uniform of the Monster Hunters, but Jaune's is customized to symbolize his old team, Team JNP(P)R. If you saw their V7 attires, or at least their V4 attires, you know what I mean.

So, I received your reviews about the gore and I am happy that y'all are okay with it. Now a reminder, this story is not a horror, okay, but it will be dark as I possibly make it, but considering that DxD is already Dark with Ecchi Comedy, well… let's see.

Now for the monsters, I will make them monstrous, but I won't showcase extreme scenarios such as r*p3, but I can imply it, especially since Diodora is still in the picture, and boy I am ready when Cao Cao comes in.

The violence will be based on God of War, Witcher, John Wick, and a TV show that I believe is an underrated gem, Primal. And again, I want it to be very gritty like the properties I just mentioned because DxD just tends to just be about, "who punches harder, and Issei will get stronger later."

Note: I am not an anti-Issei.

Also, since I already posted the Journal of Jaune which lists the weapons he uses, please feel free to mention underrated monsters that I could use for the story. The more uncommonly mentioned it is in media the better, but I will mention commonly mention monsters too.

For the weapons, please feel free to mention them also, but please make them as mechanical or modern human technology as possible. We will deal with the mythical ones later.

Anyway please review, fav, and follow.

Take Care and God Bless!

Back