• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

So I made my own Reliquary Document... thoughts?

AshenOne

Ashen one, hearest thou my voice, still?
This document is hugely influenced by the Celestial Reliquary document made by @Gothicjedi666
Would never have put in the effort if that guy didn't pave the way.

However, my desire for different options was great enough that I had to make my own version.
Mainly because while I don't mind scouring through hundreds of Jumpchains, I quickly found that in the case of 'Items', many Jumpchains were lacking in content.
So... wiki diving became my new theme instead.

Long story short, I finally added enough content to release it to the public.
More so to get some feedback and to learn if its worth continuing.

Link: The Reliquary of Legends: Artifacts of the Realms (Name Pending)

Thoughts and/or opinions?
I'm open for praise, criticism and suggestions.
Go wild, this is like pulling a band aid. Needs to be done eventually or else I'll keep procrastinating.

If you contact Korst he should be able to install a roller for you.

Seems fine though I don't know how well it'd work out for the characters using it, chances of getting a weapon seem way too slim to the point I'd either double their number or at least roll weapons only for the first roll.

Seems fine though I don't know how well it'd work out for the characters using it, chances of getting a weapon seem way too slim to the point I'd either double their number or at least roll weapons only for the first roll.

Deciding how many sections I wanted for weapons, that was probably the hardest part.
But in the end I went with 'less is better'. This makes it so that when you do get an offensive item, it is automatically worth more than when get spammed with yet another sword, axe, spear or bow.

The synergy is more with all the other gear, equipment and items you can get.
There's only so many weapons a guy can wield at once, anyway.

It also decreases the odds of getting something you can't/won't use because you got something better.

And if you really need a weapon... well it's not like authors haven't faked a roll before to get a better outcome.

Less is better... unless you're Gilgamesh, Killer Bee, or have or want a huge army but fair enough, it's your Reliquary.
One suggestion that might be more palpable though, how about rearranging the weapons section by type, swords then other melee weapons then long ranged or something of the sort?

Less is better... unless you're Gilgamesh, Killer Bee, or have or want a huge army but fair enough, it's your Reliquary.
One suggestion that might be more palpable though, how about rearranging the weapons section by type, swords then other melee weapons then long ranged or something of the sort?

My earlier version did have this.
But the more I worked on it, the more I disliked the process.

I don't want to have my Reliquary to have too much focus on weaponry. They should feel as a reward, not a checklist to complete.
Of course neither will I completely neglect the category at all, which is why it got its own tab.

That said, I don't mind expanding it if I ever get a good automated roll mechanic.

I'd love to one day see if you can roll for all items at once.
But every 'cost/tier' has its own drop rate.

Rough example:
100 points / Tier 1 = 50% drop chance.
200 points / Tier 2 = 25% drop chance
400 points / Tier 3 = 12,5% drop chance
Etc.

Something like that.
Then adding more categories won't matter anymore.
Because the odds don't depend on the amount of total items.
It depends on the amount of Tiers left obtainable.

Not just for my own document, I'd love to see something like that for other Celestial documents as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back