• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Somebody's Art Thread

Drawing Post #1: 8/8/2023

Somebody

Experienced.
So. I like to draw. I don't think I'm good at it just yet, but I'm getting better. This thread is gonna be a way for me to get used to putting my works up on the net, and taking criticism.

Oh yeah, most of this stuff is basic sketching, just a cheap pointer on standard-issue printer paper. I find it more fun to draw in pen and ink than pencil, because it makes me consider each mark much more carefully, and forces me to work on economy-of-line. That said, there'll be the occasional thing done in pencil and then gone over with pen. Currently no color or digital work, but I'll probably start doing those sooner or later.

To start things off:

ehQeqD1.jpg
g3tFelr.jpg
4NzRrhG.jpg
MTLY2HZ.jpg
iIdYXmP.jpg

As you can see, I prefer construction methods of drawing over just sight-measure methods. I'm a big fan of and believer in Drawabox, and working on getting back into the swing of the course.

For figure drawing...it's complicated. I'm using a hybrid of Michael Hampton's method from his Figure Drawing: Design and Invention book and the Youtube videos he puts up, modified slightly using a combination of what I find more comfortable to draw with, and some other sources that integrate well with Hampton's methods.

Currently, I've not quite managed to find good sources for environment drawing, with specific focus on architecture and buildings. Perspective Made Easy seems to come highly recommended, but I feel like I already have a decent amount that I'm juggling with given what I've got already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back