• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Suggestion: Don't Make This More Like SB/SV, Especially SV

This forum was created to be as free as possible, and that won't change.

I have no intention of making this forum a 'safe place' or whatever. Basic civility is a guarantee, but it won't go beyond that. Read Rule 1 again. It doesn't forbid insults or abuse, it merely says to keep them to a minimum and not go overboard with it. You're not going to get in trouble for calling someone stupid, unless you make a campaign out of it.

The more SB/SV has tried to make people "civil" the more passive-aggressive people get to toe the line, which is far more obnoxious than someone just insulting or directing curse words at me. It's also better to have a post be

"No you fucking idiot, you're wrong and here's why:"

Than to have multiple paragraphs full of passive aggressive bullshit that you have to try to filter through so you can get to their actual argument.

Of course they do. If you can't be aggressive, then passive-aggression is far harder to stamp out but often just as effective.

*yawns*

Why are we worried about this, again? I haven't seen any of the "we are cracking down on X"/"free speech requires censorship" rhetoric here. When I see some, I'll worry. Until then, probably best to leave well-enough alone. "Two types of fascists: fascists and anti-fascists", etc.

Which is why QQ should not go the path of SB/SV in moderation. It has got to the point being a snarky twit is almost part of the SV subculture. It has already reached that point in the political boards of both sites.
Oh you can do that on QQ too...

In the Rants boards. Away from everyone else.

The only true Rule of QQ is be excellent to each other, all else falls into place.

Subforum of (SFW) General. Visible only to members, like the NSFW boards. The civility rule is relaxed, although people seem to rant about outsiders* more than each other.

*Assuming LordSquishy doesn't count as a QQer, since he doesn't post here anymore.
Well, not like he can post after getting banned.

To my understanding, his fake Hollewanderer account was burned outright. But he's known to read Rants (he VMs shared members about it on SV every now and then), so it's presumed he has a lurker sockpuppet.
Squishy breaking rules is nothing new. Wouldn't say that breaking the rules to lurk would make him a QQer though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back