• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Talisman Quest IC (Closed to new players)

Mystic then rumbles through his chest and pulls out a small box, he opens it up, revealing a block of wax. He lit the stick on fire and let the scent waft through the place. He begins his chanting and Samuel watches the girl, noticing that her deformed body seems to start correcting itself. Finally revealing proper two arms and her eyes become normal with bright blue eyes. She giggles while rolling on her back and playing with her fingers, then sucking on her thumb.

"By the grace of gods, I have blessed this child to be free from the curse. Please embrace this child into your arms so she may rest in peace." Mystic pleads to heaven and it responds in kind with a beam of sunlight shining upon the baby form. She looks at Samuel with a smile as her form then finally away.

Mystic sighed once more before turning to Samuel, "Thank you. It does this heart some good as a young spirit does not deserve to linger and suffer in the world of living, as for these plants. There should not be any that can surprise you... Unless things have changed since the appearance of Crown which I do not know anymore. I can only trust that this power of yours will keep you safe."

Samuel held his finger out to the baby as she is taken by the heavens. Away from her mother and any potential for life. But into peace and love.

"I see. I just hope my own strength will be enough. I must go. The sooner I get these herbs the better she can help heal the sickness of this village."

Timeline 1, Turn 4 and 5
Samuel held his finger out to the baby as she is taken by the heavens. Away from her mother and any potential for life. But into peace and love.

"I see. I just hope my own strength will be enough. I must go. The sooner I get these herbs the better she can help heal the sickness of this village."
Mystic nodded his head, "I could offer you some power, but your soul is still acclimating to its new health. Best to not strain it yet. But when you return from your errand. It should recover by then. Come and see me then."

Samuel nodded and left the village. He went into the forest, being cautious as he had heard about the brigade. Thankfully, nothing seemed to happen as he went into a clearing in the middle of the forest. There he spotted the described herbs with its blue core, purple petals, and red stems. He picks it up and puts it in his separate bags.

Just before he left. He spotted something glitter in the corner of his vision. He got up and walked over to the glittering object... What luck. He spotted a sword whose faintly glowing blue symbols on the blade were sticking in the ground. He has heard of those swords. It is not a normal sword but a magical sword.
runesword-1.jpg

Branotir was wandering through the forest. He suddenly heard a loud roar behind him... Seriously? Fucking again?

He turned around and paled...
ec1dbe8620a94bb471fc5cbde8db70b2.jpg

A huge ogre was growling at him, easily the size of nearby trees. How the fuck did this sneak up on him? Ogre starts charging at him and swings his large club. Dwarf felt himself get hit and threw up in the air.

"FUUUUUUUCK" He screamed as he fell from the sky. Ogre swung his club at the dwarf, only to miss. Result in Branotir landing on the ogre's face.

"Oh fuck you you little shit!" Dwarf just punches his hands through the ogre's eye as it roars in pain, trying to clutch its face but Dwarf just digs his arm deeper and deeper into the socket. When the ogre removes its hand to try again. Dwarf uses this opportunity to pull his arm out and shove it in hard. Ogre froze up as Dwarf felt something in the back of the socket give away. He knew he was inside the skull of an ogre and just shaking his hand around, turning the brain matter into mush.

Ogre then fell backward and crashed into the ground. Branotir grumbled as he felt his trophy kicked in. Ogre just turned into a particle and vanished into his body. Dwarf starts walking away. Mumbling about a stupid ogre and their tiny brain.

Mystic nodded his head, "I could offer you some power, but your soul is still acclimating to its new health. Best to not strain it yet. But when you return from your errand. It should recover by then. Come and see me then."

Samuel nodded and left the village. He went into the forest, being cautious as he had heard about the brigade. Thankfully, nothing seemed to happen as he went into a clearing in the middle of the forest. There he spotted the described herbs with its blue core, purple petals, and red stems. He picks it up and puts it in his separate bags.

Just before he left. He spotted something glitter in the corner of his vision. He got up and walked over to the glittering object... What luck. He spotted a sword whose faintly glowing blue symbols on the blade were sticking in the ground. He has heard of those swords. It is not a normal sword but a magical sword.
runesword-1.jpg

Samuel was glad to not be delayed by any obstacles. Man or monster alike. He remembered what the herbs looked like and collected them too! With the needed items, he was prepared to leave. Until he spotted a sword.

The young man went over to the blade, inspecting it. Symbols on it that glowed with power. He hesitantly reached for it, taking it from the ground. After that he left to the village.

Samuel was glad to not be delayed by any obstacles. Man or monster alike. He remembered what the herbs looked like and collected them too! With the needed items, he was prepared to leave. Until he spotted a sword.

The young man went over to the blade, inspecting it. Symbols on it that glowed with power. He hesitantly reached for it, taking it from the ground. After that, he left for the village.
He started making a move for the village when he paused as he heard a loud roar reverting throughout the forest.

He turns to go investigate what made that roar.
He ran toward the source of the noise. After a while of searching. He cannot find the source of the noise. It is just silence. He looked around, spotting a huge crater in the ground like something just fell. He can even see a splatter of blood... But where the hell does blood come from and where is the supposed felled object?

Branotir was swearing again about tree huggers and their tall ass trees as he got lost in this maze of woods. "I am going to die of old age before I find the blasted village."

Samuel tried to follow the blood away from the crater.

Samuel tried to follow the blood away from the crater.
He followed the blood but it suddenly ended like few feet away from the crater.

"How peculiar." Samuel heard a voice say and he turned around to see a hooded figure with a bow on his back. A ranger!

"Seem like you got lost? Do you need aid in getting out of the forest?"

He followed the blood but it suddenly ended like few feet away from the crater.

"How peculiar." Samuel heard a voice say and he turned around to see a hooded figure with a bow on his back. A ranger!

"Seem like you got lost? Do you need aid in getting out of the forest?"

"I wouldn't say I was lost." He said. "I heard a roar and found a crater, so I wanted to see what was happening. Couldn't find what or who made it." Samuel explained.

"I'm going back to the village to deliver herbs to the healer, so maybe a way out would be nice, Ranger."

Timeline 1, Turn 6
"I wouldn't say I was lost." He said. "I heard a roar and found a crater, so I wanted to see what was happening. Couldn't find what or who made it." Samuel explained.

"I'm going back to the village to deliver herbs to the healer, so maybe a way out would be nice, Ranger."
The ranger guides him out of the forest while explaining to him some of the tricks of tracking. Samuel felt a bit wiser as those tricks might help him in the future. Ranger is happy that he has company.

"Ogre was rampaging through the forest. Wouldn't you believe it if I told you that I saw a dwarf single-handedly with his hands slay the ogre and the corpse vanished? I never heard such a thing that I am pretty sure I must be going crazy being all by myself."

Branotir finally got out of the forest maze. He can see the outskirts of the village.

"Fucking finally." He didn't even take a few steps before an imp appeared on his face. He tries to shoo the dang thing away. The imp was giggling with madness as he waved his hand.

Dwarf can feel the air shifting around him. "Don't you fucking dare!" But unfortunately, Branotir was winked away to somewhere far away.

Branotir finds himself inside a hut. An old ugly woman was staring at him, "Well well, my wish came true. Aren't you the most beautiful thing I ever see? You must be my fated husband!" She purred at him. "Lady, I am an unmarried man and not looking for mingling."

"Oh, that is perfect~" She grabbed an orb from the table and offered it to him.

"This is my most prized jewelry, an Orb of Knowledge. With this, you can peer into the future so you may never get lost. This is my engagement ring to you, perhaps that will convince you to mingle with me~" She whispered into his ear.

"Ugh, fine lady. We are married." He gave in since this could help him get out of the bad luck he has been facing. She cheers with energy half her age. They left the hut and he could only stare at what he called a paradise... "Where the fuck am I!"

"You are in the hidden valley, a paradise in the Middle Region." ... He is trying to process the fact he is now in the Middle Region... Ugh... He turns around and spots a shrine next to the hut.

Hag sheepishly rolling her hair, "I need to pray for a lovely man to appear at my front door..." Branotir just sighed in defeat as he walked over to the shrine and prayed for luck in reaching the village... As expected, the gods ignore him... Probably crackling at his bad luck the fucking bastards. Still, he felt something shift and saw a healing potion sitting in front of the shrine... That wasn't there before. He chugged it down and felt some of his strength return. He thanked fate and prepared for long travel. to the village.

The ranger guides him out of the forest while explaining to him some of the tricks of tracking. Samuel felt a bit wiser as those tricks might help him in the future. Ranger is happy that he has company.

"Ogre was rampaging through the forest. Wouldn't you believe it if I told you that I saw a dwarf single-handedly with his hands slay the ogre and the corpse vanished? I never heard such a thing that I am pretty sure I must be going crazy being all by myself."

"I believe you. A lot of fantastical things in this world." He nodded. Another quester, perhaps.

"Do you live in the village? I didn't see you around there."

"I believe you. A lot of fantastical things in this world." He nodded. Another quester, perhaps.

"Do you live in the village? I didn't see you around there."
"Oh no. I live in the city but my job has me traveling all kinds of woods and forests to ensure fellows like you do not get lost or caught by those that like to lurk in the forest." He explains to Samuel before bids him farewell and returns back to the forest.

He returned to the village and gave the medicine to a healer who thanked him before rushing around, giving some medicine to several victims that is currently in beds.

A soldier who has a wounded arm walks up to him.

"I see that you found a magic sword. That is some good luck. You look stronger, more than I am. There is ruin nearby, there might be treasures... or dangers if you want to get some of your blood rushing." He gave Samuel a pointer before walking away to help the healer with other patients.

He could go straight for the ruin or meet the mystic one more time.

Last edited:
"Oh no. I live in the city but my job has me traveling all kinds of woods and forests to ensure fellows like you do not get lost or caught by those that like to lurk in the forest." He explains to Samuel before bids him farewell and returns back to the forest.

He returned to the village and gave the medicine to a healer who thanked him before rushing around, giving some medicine to several victims that is currently in beds.

A soldier who has a wounded arm walks up to him.

"I see that you found a magic sword. That is some good luck. You look stronger, more than I am. There is ruin nearby, there might be treasures... or dangers if you want to get some of your blood rushing." He gave Samuel a pointer before walking away to help the healer with other patients.

He could go straight for the ruin or meet the mystic one more time.

"Thank you. I'll head to it as soon as I'm done in this village." He gives thanks to the soldier before going to find the mystic.

Timeline 1, Turn 7
"Thank you. I'll head to it as soon as I'm done in this village." He gives thanks to the soldier before going to find the mystic.
He meets with Mystic, his eyes rest on the blade that Samuel is carrying.

"Ahh, a rune sword. A dwarven weapon from days of old. Epitome of life and death cycle."

"But I am sure you are here for a different reason. How can I help you?"

He meets with Mystic, his eyes rest on the blade that Samuel is carrying.

"Ahh, a rune sword. A dwarven weapon from days of old. Epitome of life and death cycle."

"But I am sure you are here for a different reason. How can I help you?"

"You know what this sword is? What it can do?" He asked before switching conversations.

"You said something about improving my current power. How exactly does it work and what dangers does it hold?"

"You know what this sword is? What it can do?" He asked before switching conversations.

"You said something about improving my current power. How exactly does it work and what dangers does it hold?"
"Yes. This sword was forged in ancient times when dwarves and other races battled evil far more numerous. They were losing in great numbers. This sword was forged among many as a means of blood sacrifice. Weapons that drain their enemies and enhance their users with ample life. A cycle of life and death. With those weapons, even if their enemies are many, it does not stop them as they will keep standing for every foe that falls before them. It was a necessary evil to save the land. I approve of it, I only hope you do not use it on innocent lives but with Crown and the coming chaos. I have a feeling you will need the sword to stand against the odd."

He then changed the topic, "What I offer is to bring your soul in harmony with the power of the land. Your power will make this much more potent. It can expand your mind or strengthen your body. But it can bring attention to your soul from the force of darkness or the divine. This doesn't always work. I will leave it to fate to decide what happens once your soul is attuned to the land if you are willing to take the risk. I am but a medium of force greater than self. But I will tell you this. Divinity does not approve of Runesword. If they turn their attention to you, you will not be able to carry it." He can tell that the mystic does not approve of divinity or darkness.

Last edited:
"Yes. This sword was forged in ancient times when dwarves and other races battled evil far more numerous. They were losing in great numbers. This sword was forged among many as a means of blood sacrifice. Weapons that drain their enemies and enhance their users with ample life. A cycle of life and death. With those weapons, even if their enemies are many, it does not stop them as they will keep standing for every foe that falls before them. It was a necessary evil to save the land. I approve of it, I only hope you do not use it on innocent lives but with Crown and the coming chaos. I have a feeling you will need the sword to stand against the odd."

He then changed the topic, "What I offer is to bring your soul in harmony with the power of the land. Your power will make this much more potent. It can expand your mind or strengthen your body. But it can bring attention to your soul from the force of darkness or the divine. This doesn't always work. I will leave it to fate to decide what happens once your soul is attuned to the land if you are willing to take the risk. I am but a medium of force greater than self. But I will tell you this. Divinity does not approve of Runesword. If they turn their attention to you, you will not be able to carry it." He can tell that the mystic does not approve of divinity or darkness.

"Let's do it." Samuel said after taking a moment to consider it.

"It'll be a great help for the challenges ahead. If forces start showing themselves to me, I'll handle it." He said without concern about these forces. They don't mean much to him in comparison to the people he sees.

"I'm going to ruins soon. Will you need anything while I'm out of the village?"

"Let's do it." Samuel said after taking a moment to consider it.

"It'll be a great help for the challenges ahead. If forces start showing themselves to me, I'll handle it." He said without concern about these forces. They don't mean much to him in comparison to the people he sees.

"I'm going to ruins soon. Will you need anything while I'm out of the village?"
He nodded as he started setting things up and instructed Samuel to sit in the middle of the pentagram. Samuel did so and the mystic started chanting while Samuel breathed in an incense. He felt freed. He could see the whole of the land as he floated high in the sky. Across the whirling river, across the mountains, He saw the brightest light glowing with power and warmth.

However, he shivers and looks behind himself. He saw a blot of darkness roaming across the sky. He can feel his power shaking, desiring to awaken once more in an attempt to hide him from the wandering gaze of darkness. Will he allow it? At the cost of his power unable to awaken to help for a while? Or will he accept, knowing that darkness will spot him?

He nodded as he started setting things up and instructed Samuel to sit in the middle of the pentagram. Samuel did so and the mystic started chanting while Samuel breathed in an incense. He felt freed. He could see the whole of the land as he floated high in the sky. Across the whirling river, across the mountains, He saw the brightest light glowing with power and warmth.

However, he shivers and looks behind himself. He saw a blot of darkness roaming across the sky. He can feel his power shaking, desiring to awaken once more in an attempt to hide him from the wandering gaze of darkness. Will he allow it? At the cost of his power unable to awaken to help for a while? Or will he accept, knowing that darkness will spot him?

Samuel didn't stop the process and accepted it. He didn't fear the darkness. It will be cut down like any other monster, in his way.

Samuel didn't stop the process and accepted it. He didn't fear the darkness. It will be cut down like any other monster, in his way.
His power returns to slumber as darkness turns its gaze on Samuel. He can see a large reddish grin dash across its form. He suddenly snapped back to the waking world, barely remembering what happened, like a passing dream. What he does notice is that shadow is much more proclaimed with rumbling thunders in the distance, the sky is getting darker. It must be nighttime.

Mystic looks at Samuel, "Welcome. It seems darkness has favored you. Remember that divinity and darkness are but a tool, they do not rule your heart, merely encourage you."

His power returns to slumber as darkness turns its gaze on Samuel. He can see a large reddish grin dash across its form. He suddenly snapped back to the waking world, barely remembering what happened, like a passing dream. What he does notice is that shadow is much more proclaimed with rumbling thunders in the distance, the sky is getting darker. It must be nighttime.

Mystic looks at Samuel, "Welcome. It seems darkness has favored you. Remember that divinity and darkness are but a tool, they do not rule your heart, merely encourage you."

Samuel imagined giving it a blank expression. Was it meant to be scary? To strike fear into his heart and make him regret his decision? How foolish. He ignored its terrible grin as he came back to the waking world.

"I'll keep that in mind." He got up from the ground and collected his things. "Thank you for your help, mystic. Do you need me to grab anything for you when I'm at the ruins?"

Barnotir is still on his journey to the village. He sighs as he suffers to hear hag blabbering her life story away behind him.

He paused as he felt something in the air, he looked at the nearby rocks, spotting symbols carved into them.

"Ahh runes." He mumbled as Hag quickly searched around the place of power.

A man with a green robe and green hat approaches him, "Ahh fellow dwarf." Barnotir learns from his past mistake of insulting a wizard.

"Who are you?" He asks the figure, "My name doesn't matter, but I am Enchanter. I am bound to this place until I find one bright of mind enough for me to pass on my energy. Since so far, it seems education isn't prioritized as it used to."

Dwarf nodded at this, "Unfortunately, I am not educated, only experienced." The enchanter nodded at this.

"Yes, but you have the power flowing in you Quester. I will be here when you expand your mind enough for me to finally give you the rest of my energy." Dwarf nodded at this as Enchanter smiled before fading away into the air, clearly still somewhere in this place.

He looks at Hag, "Let go." She starts complaining about no break and that dwarves have way too much endurance.

Timeline 1, Turn 8
Samuel imagined giving it a blank expression. Was it meant to be scary? To strike fear into his heart and make him regret his decision? How foolish. He ignored its terrible grin as he came back to the waking world.

"I'll keep that in mind." He got up from the ground and collected his things. "Thank you for your help, mystic. Do you need me to grab anything for you when I'm at the ruins?"
Mystic waved him away, "Thank you but I am good. I have learned to work in harmony with nature and it has provided me everything I need. Good luck in your journey."

He left the village as it was getting darker and walked across the field. He heard a whisper in the wind and turned to see a lemure floating along the top of crops with the said crops wrinkled and turned into ash.
d726t60-9eebf88e-6262-495b-bc20-53f700ed6bbe.jpg

He has heard of Lemure, it is a new spirit formed in the underworld that escapes into the mortal world. They are one of the weakest spirits cataloged but they cause issues for local farms and villages by ruining the crops and frightening the cattle and workers from the field as well as antagonizing the local creatures into a frenzy.

Last edited:
Mystic waved him away, "Thank you but I am good. I have learned to work in harmony with nature and it has provided me everything I need. Good luck in your journey."

He left the village as it was getting darker and walked across the field. He heard a whisper in the wind and turned to see a lemure floating along the top of crops with the said crops wrinkled and turned into ash.
d726t60-9eebf88e-6262-495b-bc20-53f700ed6bbe.jpg

He has heard of Lemure, it is a new spirit formed in the underworld that escapes into the mortal world. They are one of the weakest spirits cataloged but they cause issues for local farms and villages by ruining the crops and frightening the cattle and workers from the field as well as antagonizing the local creatures into a frenzy.

Samuel held out his sword towards the spirit and closed the distance between himself and it. The runic sword slashing at it to be rid of it. If such a blade can touch it.

Barnotir kept walking before he felt warmth in his bag, he pulled out the Orb, and it was glowing. Hag crackling, "It showing you the future! Peer into it!"

He did so and spotted a wraith roaming, shit that thing carrying a halberd. He put away his orb and very cautiously moved around the zone where the wraith was likely. He successfully avoids it.

"Whew, that was a close call." He looked around and saw something in the distance.

"No fucking way, is that Portal of Power?" He was surprised that he found the way into the Inner Region. He is not that confident he can enter yet. He heard screaming as he quickly spun around and raised his arms in defense. The different wrath slams its greatsword into his arm, sending him flying. He quickly got up and fled with Hag in tow. He is no match for them without any gear. His arms felt so cold and bruised. He will need a doctor. To the city!

Samuel held out his sword towards the spirit and closed the distance between himself and it. The runic sword slashing at it to be rid of it. If such a blade can touch it.
He quickly slashes at the hostile spirit before it even notices him. It just screams as it shatters into particles that flow into him. Its life drank away into the sword itself but it was so tiny that none ever make it to you. Although he can feel his Trophy grow a bit.

Now will he do? He could keep going into the forest on his way to the ruin.

Last edited:
He quickly slashes at the hostile spirit before it even notices him. It just screams as it shatters into particles that flow into him. Its life drank away into the sword itself but it was so tiny that none ever make it to you. Although he can feel his Trophy grow a bit.

Now will he do? He could keep going into the forest on his way to the ruin.

Samuel keeps going to the ruin. He did what he wanted and handled the monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back