• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Talisman Quest IC (Closed to new players)

Timeline 1, Turn 9, 10, and 11
Samuel keeps going to the ruin. He did what he wanted and handled the monster.
He went into the forest. However, because it is very dark in the forest. He ended up getting lost in the forest. He has no choice but to set up the camp for the night using local woods. Just a very small fire to avoid drawing unwanted attention.

Branotir meanwhile was approaching a great bridge that would take him out of the Middle Region into the Outer Region. He notices a skeleton and a bag of gold next to it. He pocketed the gold and gave a silent thanks to the skeleton before walking across the bridge. When he reaches the end of the bridge. He notices rows of sentinel statues standing at guards at the rail of the bridge. None of them even look at him. He whistling a tune to himself when he felt his Orb warming up again.

"What now?" He peered into Orb and saw a freezing storm rolling across the land. Blizzard? What the hell is going on in this land? He starts gunning for hills to find a cave and hide out the coming winter.

The next day, he finally left the forest... Only to notice a sudden chill in the air. He looks beyond the forest and sees heavy snow... Blizzard?

"Umm... Excuse me, sir?" He snapped his attention to the figure that walked around the tree into his view.

"Can... I join your party? It getting dangerous for me alone... You look like an adventurer... I know my way around terrains... I can guide you through places like forests, chasm, or crags. Just think of me like... personal ranger!" He tries to sell himself out, the cost being protection, "But without bow... I am not good at fighting..."

Samuel relaxed for the night, in the woods. The fire was small enough to not be noticed. So he needed to stay close to it for warmth. He was restless, at first, but soon managed to fall asleep.

The next morning is when he encountered the ranger. Trying to get a better look at him and nodded his head. "Of course. We are going to ruins first because I intend to explore them. Give me your name."

Samuel relaxed for the night, in the woods. The fire was small enough to not be noticed. So he needed to stay close to it for warmth. He was restless, at first, but soon managed to fall asleep.

The next morning is when he encountered the ranger. Trying to get a better look at him and nodded his head. "Of course. We are going to ruins first because I intend to explore them. Give me your name."
He rushes over to him and starts shaking his hand, "Oh thank you thank you. The ruin sounds wonderful! My name is Gary." He looks nothing like the ranger you met yesterday. This one looks more like a scholar.
latest

He rushes over to him and starts shaking his hand, "Oh thank you thank you. The ruin sounds wonderful! My name is Gary." He looks nothing like the ranger you met yesterday. This one looks more like a scholar.
latest

"Samuel." He introduced himself before they continued to the ruins.

In the morning, Branotir woke up with a stretch while Hag was snoozing away in the corner of the warm cave. He notices his Orb is glowing once more.

"Okay, what the hell is going on? This is happening too much. Who the hell is she to acquire this kind of artifact." He is puzzled at his companion. He peered once more into the Orb and almost lost his jaw when he saw what was in the Orb.

It shows him an image of... Holy Grail... inside a ground next to the bridge, layered under the snow... He ensures to memorize the location for after the blizzard goes away. He put away the Orb... This artifact is dangerous if it can just reveal all of this information like that.

Timeline 1, Turn 12
"Samuel." He introduced himself before they continued to the ruins.
They walk together through the blizzard. It took much longer while but they arrived at the ruins.

To their surprise. There are plenty of people hiding out from the blizzard. Not only that but they are setting up a market right in the ruin... Too fucking bad he doesn't have any money. Meanwhile, Gary is frantically scribbling away in his note of this event.

Samuel just kept roaming deeper and deeper into the ruin. Noticing nothing out of the original. He then rests his back on a wall... Only for the wall to swivel around and he fell into a secret room inside the wall.

There was a bunch of junk in the room but on the table, lay a huge tome. Gary rushes in after you before freezing at the sight of Tome.

"Oh my god... You actually found the fabled Book of Spells! It was said that whoever read it will gain all knowledge of powerful spells ever created..." Gary whispered, almost couldn't believe his eyes. He refused to move from his position. Samuel can feel curiosity about what lay in the book.

Branotir hears something out on the hill. Huh, a traveling caravan. Even the blizzard did little to stop them. He notices the people are rather short... It clicked for him. Short people yet hardy enough to travel through the blizzard. He rushes down the hill toward the group. Just as expected, it was a dwarven caravan. They chat joyfully before he inquires about their ware and purchases a shield for himself. This should help him avoid harm better. He hands over the last of his two gold bags. Return to his cave and wait out the storm. It is starting to die down.

They walk together through the blizzard. It took much longer while but they arrived at the ruins.

To their surprise. There are plenty of people hiding out from the blizzard. Not only that but they are setting up a market right in the ruin... Too fucking bad he doesn't have any money. Meanwhile, Gary is frantically scribbling away in his note of this event.

Samuel just kept roaming deeper and deeper into the ruin. Noticing nothing out of the original. He then rests his back on a wall... Only for the wall to swivel around and he fell into a secret room inside the wall.

There was a bunch of junk in the room but on the table, lay a huge tome. Gary rushes in after you before freezing at the sight of Tome.

"Oh my god... You actually found the fabled Book of Spells! It was said that whoever read it will gain all knowledge of powerful spells ever created..." Gary whispered, almost couldn't believe his eyes. He refused to move from his position. Samuel can feel curiosity about what lay in the book.

"Of all spells?" He allowed his voice to show surprise at the idea. "That feels too good to be true." Samuel said as his hand rubbed the cover of the tome.

"Could be a trap…" Samuel stated and slowly opened it up.

"Of all spells?" He allowed his voice to show surprise at the idea. "That feels too good to be true." Samuel said as his hand rubbed the cover of the tome.

"Could be a trap…" Samuel stated and slowly opened it up.
The book quickly turns into ash. Samuel flinches and stumbles backward before being caught by Gary as he holds him.

Spell after spell after spell is flooding his mind. He could see it all yet he cannot understand any of them. It just blurring by him too fast. His mind was too small to really contain any of this. After a few moments. It stops. He can only remember one powerful spell. Alchemy which allows him to convert how many of his objects into a bag of gold each. However, he can tell which one is qualified as an object and that once he uses this spell, it will fade from his memory.

It is too good to be true but a drawback is not that bad. At least he got something out of it. Now if he ever finds himself with too many goods and not enough golds... This is the solution to that.

The book quickly turns into ash. Samuel flinches and stumbles backward before being caught by Gary as he holds him.

Spell after spell after spell is flooding his mind. He could see it all yet he cannot understand any of them. It just blurring by him too fast. His mind was too small to really contain any of this. After a few moments. It stops. He can only remember one powerful spell. Alchemy which allows him to convert how many of his objects into a bag of gold each. However, he can tell which one is qualified as an object and that once he uses this spell, it will fade from his memory.

It is too good to be true but a drawback is not that bad. At least he got something out of it. Now if he ever finds himself with too many goods and not enough golds... This is the solution to that.

"I can't remember any of them…" Samuel revealed to Gary, after collecting his bearings. "I don't think it's possible for anyone too. Too much information all at once. It's a miracle my head didn't explode. Just one alchemy spell though." He explained.

"I can't remember any of them…" Samuel revealed to Gary, after collecting his bearings. "I don't think it's possible for anyone too. Too much information all at once. It's a miracle my head didn't explode. Just one alchemy spell though." He explained.
Gary widen his eyes, "That is expected. At least you gain something from it. I am disappointed that it just turned into ash... But ancient time was a wild time. Maybe the author just wants to see how many spells can they cram into a scroll and that later became tome."

They left the secret room, "Now what? It seems there is not much in this ruin at the moment. Anywhere else you thinking of going?"

"My goal is to get to the inner region, but I must go to the middle region first. Do you know a way for us to get there?"

"My goal is to get to the inner region, but I must go to the middle region first. Do you know a way for us to get there?"
Gary thought over this a bit, "We are close to Tavern. We might get lucky and find a ferryman or mage who knows the teleportation spell. Otherwise, if we can find an axe, you can make a raft but I don't know where to find an axe or how to make a raft. Lastly, there is a great bridge guarded by sentinel statues. I heard they are one of the strongest in the land. So unless you are really strong like ancient chosen that was told to wrestle with an ogre and walk away alive... It might not be a good idea to cross that." He then did a double-take at what he just say.

"Inner Region? Are you crazy? That place is a death sentence. Nobody ever got out of there alive... It is already hard enough to get there alive. The only reason anyone will ever go for Inner Region is if they were..." He just stared at Samuel, "Are you a Quester?"

Last edited:
Gary thought over this a bit, "We are close to Tavern. We might get lucky and find a ferryman or mage who knows the teleportation spell. Otherwise, if we can find an axe, you can make a raft but I don't know where to find an axe or how to make a raft. Lastly, there is a great bridge guarded by sentinel statues. I heard they are one of the strongest in the land. So unless you are really strong like ancient chosen that was told to wrestle with an ogre and walk away alive... It might not be a good idea to cross that." He then did a double-take at what he just say.

"Inner Region? Are you crazy? That place is a death sentence. Nobody ever got out of there alive... It is already hard enough to get there alive. The only reason anyone will ever go for Inner Region is if they were..." He just stared at Samuel, "Are you a Quester?"

"Luckily, I am." He revealed casually. "I'm curious about these statues, so let's go to this bridge. If I can't win against them, we can find a ferry man."

Timeline 1, Turn 13, 14, and 15
"Luckily, I am." He revealed casually. "I'm curious about these statues, so let's go to this bridge. If I can't win against them, we can find a ferry man."
He just blinked at this as Samuel walked away. He is unsure if he will follow or not. If he speaks the truth, then death is possible for him... On another hand, he will get to record all of this. A story of Quester. Nobody else will get to witness like this for a long time. This is his opportunity to experience this.

"Wait for me!" He ran after Samuel. He explains to him that those statues work by honor. If multiple fighters were to present themselves, multiple statues would fight back. But if one presents and wins, the whole group gets to pass through. Any attempt to cheat this or break the honor will result in all statues forces moving against the dishonorer. They went through the forest which Gary guided him through with no issues at all. Once they came out of the other side and walked through the field.

Samuel felt his feet caught in something. He quickly kicked off his feet, which led to a belt flying through the air. They walk over to the belt and Gary notices the belt before, "Hey, that is a belt of strength. They were told to enhance their wearer."

Samuel looks around and can see that there is a village in the distance. He can visit Mystic again for another attempt at the enhance himself. Especially if he going to test himself against the statues.

Last edited:
Branotir packed up the camp and moved over to the bridge. He felt his bag grow warm but ignored it as he distrusted the Orb. Yes, it is useful to him since so far but he felt like he becoming too relying on it.

He heard a shriek as he turned around and saw a shadow fly at him. But before it can reach him, Hag throws her spell at shadow, which causes it to briefly materialize. Enough for the dwarf to slam his shield at the foul spirit, and shatter it into particles that he ate up. They kept moving to the bridge where he started digging with his hands until he bumped into the Holy Grail and lifted it up. Hag widens her eyes at this since it seems he digs out of nowhere... Unless... She broke out in a mad crackling as she realized something.

"The wedding ring I gave you is a useful thing isn't it ~" He quickly shut her down, "I am not going to use it again." He says but that only results in her smirking, "We will see my dear husband~"

He grumbled as they left the bridge to keep their walk for the city. He hopes they will find an opportunity for wealth to afford the cost of a doctor.

He just blinked at this as Samuel walked away. He is unsure if he will follow or not. If he speaks the truth, then death is possible for him... On another hand, he will get to record all of this. A story of Quester. Nobody else will get to witness like this for a long time. This is his opportunity to experience this.

"Wait for me!" He ran after Samuel. He explains to him that those statues work by honor. If multiple fighters were to present themselves, multiple statues would fight back. But if one presents and wins, the whole group gets to pass through. Any attempt to cheat this or break the honor will result in the whole statue force move against the dishonorer They went through the forest which Gary guided him through with no issues at all. Once they came out of the other side and walked through the field.

Samuel felt his feet caught in something. He quickly kicked off his feet, which led to a belt flying through the air. They walk over to the belt and Gary notices the belt before, "Hey, that is a belt of strength. They were told to enhance their wearer."

Samuel looks around and can see that there is a village in the distance. He can visit Mystic again for another attempt at the enhance himself. Especially if he going to test himself against the statues.

Samuel takes the belt and puts it on himself. After that he goes to the mystic to let him know of his intentions and to see if he can enchance him again.

Samuel takes the belt and puts it on himself. After that he goes to the mystic to let him know of his intentions and to see if he can enchance him again.
He felt his strength grow and head over to Mystic. He knew what Samuel was here for as he already had set up prepared. Samuel sits in the middle while Gary waits in the village since this ritual demands isolation. Samuel found looking at the River of the Storm, it was much calmer and could see himself in the reflection. The reflection beckoned him closer, he lowered to see what the reflection was trying to say before it suddenly grabbed him and pulled him into the water. He felt himself sinking ever deeper into the endless water. He can see himself smirking at him as he whispers something gibberish to his ear.

He woke up in his own body. His thoughts racing yet he seems to have an easier time understanding and remembering his thoughts.

"It looks like self-reflecting is doing good for you. Now give it a day before you can try to visit me again."

Branotir saw a shadowy figure appear, he raised his shield in preparation for a fight, only for the figure to ignore him while it walked past him.

Hag whispers into his ear while urging him to keep walking "That is Phantom, agent of the Darkness. Best to ignore him and keep moving." He nodded as they left the area while Phantom wandered in direction of the bridge.

"I can try. But I'm planning on challenging the statues to cross the bridge. I'm not sure if I'll be able to come back after that."

Timeline 1, Turn 16, 17, and 18
"I can try. But I'm planning on challenging the statues to cross the bridge. I'm not sure if I'll be able to come back after that."
Mystic nodded at this, "Good luck. They are no easy feat but they are the kind that Questers will face in the Inner Region. If you flee from this, then Inner Region might be too much for you." He gave a last piece of advice before Samuel set out.

Samuel and Gary enter the woods on their way to the great bridge, "Perfect, I can show you the way out of this woods. Follow me." Gary says as he walks ahead to show him the way... That was until Samuel felt a presence in his mind. It felt foggy and true to his words, the dense fog rolled over the woods.

"Umm... What? This is not normal." Gary turns around and rubs his head, "Sorry, my expertise doesn't cover this..." Samuel tries to see if he can expel this fog from his mind but with little luck. He knows there is something out there that is doing this.

They have no choice but to keep walking, albeit slower and cautiously for whatever lurks in this woods.

It took a long while but Samuel spotted a shadow moving across the fog. There is no doubt that there is one behind this. What will he do? Gary is behind him, clutching his shirt so he doesn't get lost.

Branotir wandered into the woods where he first encountered the mage but he never appeared.

"Figure" he grumbled as he expected this since he isn't pure of heart... Or more likely blessed by divine. He kept walking through the woods and paused when he heard shrieking. He charged with his shield raised, already expecting this to be yet another spirit since he seemed to have luck encounter lately. True to his word, he found spectre that he once fled, it must have moved into the woods. With the aid of Hag, he was able to battle the spirit but before he could finish it off. It flees from him.

"I hate smart ghosts..." He grumbled once more as he kept walking out of the woods, spotting crags nearby and jogging for it. He finally arrives in a cave that is his home and starts cooking a meal and a drink. Hag looked around, mostly ducking due to the low ceiling, "Nice home you have there, very natural." She said as she sat on the bed, which was only big enough to count as a chair for her comfortably.

Samuel spotted the figure as it moved across the fog. He pulled out his runic sword and slowly moved to take it by surprise. Once he got into range, he'll cut it down.

Timeline 1, Turn 19
Samuel spotted the figure as it moved across the fog. He pulled out his runic sword and slowly moved to take it by surprise. Once he got into range, he'll cut it down.
The shadow is unaware of his location as that earlier effort to throw off the mental fog has caused it to become disoriented and come closer in an attempt to find Samuel... Unaware of the danger that Samuel possessed to its undead life.

"HEY!" Gary hollers which causes the spirit to snap in his way, perfectly in the direction of Samuel's strike. It flinches and is cut down by the runic sword whose works its effect to dissipate the spirit and like before, lacking much life force to empower its user truly. Regardless, the particles flow into Samuel. He can feel his power grow but is not quite ready for a breakthrough, one or two more, and it will be prepared.

The fog fades away along with its grip on their minds. Gary can finally lead the two of them out of the woods and toward the great bridge. Which is now in view as they can see...

"Holy divine! I read that they were big but I thought it was like 7 feet in height, the biggest humanoid that is not flat-out monstrous like an ogre... This is colossal!" Gary said in surprise, that his knowledge was inaccurate.

Two of you can see from a distance of the view as the Great Bridge has two lines of giant statues along their length.
ef2b4ae51f53f2b6796c032cbf2dda30.jpg

Before they can talk about what to do next. Samuel felt darkness grow around him. He looks around to see a shadowy figure with yellow eyes watching him, it raises its skeletal finger and becks him closer.
c8379d8305f508a28ad627a76887752f.jpg

Gary seemed unaware of this, or more accurately, could not see it although he did shiver, "Is it me or did it get a bit colder?" He mutters mostly to himself.

Samuel walked over to the dark entity without much surprise. He figured it'd find him sooner or later. "What do you want?" He addressed the being.

Samuel walked over to the dark entity without much surprise. He figured it'd find him sooner or later. "What do you want?" He addressed the being.
It looks at him, "It seems Darkness has marked you. I am an agent of darkness who helps those favored by it. I can offer you support." It whispers a cold air that breezes through Samuel. It pulls out a scroll which unfolds into a list for him to read.
  • Gain knowledge of powerful spells (Samuel can feel his power purr like it can hold more knowledge, unlike the time when he opens the Book of Spells... Likely thanks to Mystic aid in expanding his mind. However, he gets the feeling that once he uses the knowledge, it will fade away.)
  • Gain a bag of gold (Samuel feels like this might be unwise when he can easily make more elsewhere compared to other options)
  • Gain an enhancement in his body (This can be useful)
  • Gain an enhancement in his mind (Useful too)
  • Temporarily boost his life (Not that useful when he has a sword that harvests life...)
  • Temporarily boost his core power (It could be useful but not receivable once expended compared to other more permanent choices.)
  • Teleport to any location within the same region (Not useful when his goal is to cross the bridge to the Middle Region.)
"Choose one" It gasps at Samuel while awaiting his response.

"Tell me. What sort of strings are going to be attached, if I do take one." He didn't make a decision to interrogate the agent of darkness. "I do not intend to work for or do its dirty work."

"Tell me. What sort of strings are going to be attached, if I do take one." He didn't make a decision to interrogate the agent of darkness. "I do not intend to work for or do its dirty work."
"Only one thing... Get the Crown of Command before others. It cares not for what you do with it, only that you get it first so it can lord over the Light for it was their chosen who reached the Crown first."

"Of course that's what it cares about. How petty. Since your offering I'll take something. Just know this. The moment the darkness or any agent of it acts as if I owe them or it owns me, it's the day they'll forever regret." He promises as he chooses the knowledge of spells.

"Of course that's what it cares about. How petty. Since your offering I'll take something. Just know this. The moment the darkness or any agent of it acts as if I owe them or it owns me, it's the day they'll forever regret." He promises as he chooses the knowledge of spells.
It chuckles as it taps its bony finger at Samuel's forehead. Knowledge fills his mind about a spell rather simply known as Destroy Magic. It is as simple as it sounds. Upon wielding its power. It will expend itself to attack the link of your power, resulting in all Questers being unable to use their spells or magic objects for a few hours. This applies to himself as well. The figure then vanishes away in a cloud of smoke.

Gary looks at Samuel with puzzled, "Who are you threatening?" as he shakes his arms in an attempt to warm himself up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back