• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Talisman Quest OOC (Closed to new players)

@Raku

Okay, sorry but saving this for tomorrow. I find myself exhausted. So will go to bed.

The Clockwork Kingdom DLC has ended. So Artificer, engineer, and swindler have been removed.

The new DLC for this week is The Reaper.

A shadow has fallen across the countryside. Death himself wanders the land. Can the heroes fulfill their epic quests with the spectre of Grim Reaper hounding their every move? Warlock finds himself busy and has more requests for Questers. Spells have become more intense and diverse than before. Chaos and fear rule the land, magic going rampage, monsters and demons appear in the drove, etc. The force of nature and the divine took to the field to help humanity and Questers without breaking the balance. Be ready to fight for your life and soul because the fate of all life and the afterlife now rests in your hands heroes.

4 archetypes have been added for this DLC. Dark Cultist, Knight, Merchant, and Sage.

You can check them out in the list.

Last edited:
Got it. Will post later today.

Got it. Will post later today.
Know that you can choose to quit the current game anytime if you want to end it and start a new game to play with DLC or try a different archetype.

I am going to add it for future games. The space and distance itself no longer make sense when Questers travel. The village can be right there but when they move to it, they find themselves in the forest or city, etc. All they know is as long as they keep in mind their destination, they will eventually get there. They can choose to keep more than one destination in mind so if they will end up closer to one destination than another, they will go there over another.

This is because I have to fumble so many rolls to keep the travel sensible but I felt like it taking away from the game the fun part of chaotic travel and never knowing what to expect or how long before you can arrive at your destination. It is also used as an excuse for why you find so many magical shit because your power is guiding you into those events and stuff to help you grow stronger.

"Time and Space itself no longer make sense for Questers with the appearance of the Crown of Command. Even if the location is right there, you can still find yourself walking elsewhere on another side of the land in just a short walk or day hike just to get to the place next door as your power guides your travel into interesting locations and encounters. Situations have become more chaotic with the Crown of Command behind the source. Sudden plagues, storms, and rampage of monsters, etc."

I am also going to stop writing for the POV of NPC Quester to keep the surprise for players to explore themselves.

Last edited:
Too clear up any confusion, is the sword preventing him from leveling up?

Too clear up any confusion, is the sword preventing him from leveling up?
No. What did I say that gave that impression? Rune sword, besides being a magical sword that is always good for fighting, if you kill "Enemy" will siphon their life into you, not only just healing you but can push you beyond that effectively giving you in terms of DnD, temporarily health point.

Oh ok. Sorry I thought it was doing something like that.

Oh ok. Sorry I thought it was doing something like that.
Apology. It might look like that because you have only been fighting spirits since so far, which does not qualify for life siphon... because they are already spirits and will just shatter. Thankfully you can still take that as a trophy to empower yourself. I believe I mentioned that you likely need one or two more before you have enough to expand your mind once more.

You still need a lot more physical/living enemies to enhance your body through this method given you haven't fought any yet. And yes, Statues don't count for this because they aren't considered as a "Enemy" but a place. Weird rule. 🤷‍♂️

I am working on the next version of this game that makes it much more alive and more DnD feeling of exploring and interacting with events. Questers became more of an individual or group that sought the Crown of Command and set out for it. You don't get the awesome power of Trophy, although you can still kill the enemies and upon enough of that killed, you "level up" and become stronger.

This can effectively play a role similar to my former Grimfar idea.

The question is do I still use the number which will be below

Strength: Your physical powerhouse
Craft: Your magical might and cunning
Life: Your health
Fate: The power to bend reality to try the dice again
Gold: Money

Ability: Your archetype talent
Object: Your inventory
Follower: NPCs in your party that can buff or debuff you.
Spells: Mighty Spell that is far more powerful than mere mage spells.

And no it is not complicated or a big number. For example. Warriors have Strength of 4, Craft of 2, Life of 5, Fate of 1, and Gold of 1. Their ability is that they can roll two dice in battle and pick a higher of two to add to their attack score, which is Strength or Craft depending on if you doing regular combat or psychic combat. Warrior can also wield two Weapons at the same time.

The dice roll is d6. It is that simple.

But maybe you guys rather not have those numbers or like some of the numbers but dislike other numbers.

And yes, I will add that info to the archetype so you can pick one of them or create a custom archetype with my approval, which I will then add to the list so others can pick it if they like it too.

This means that over time. I will add all DLCs to this game but I am sticking with the base for start.

@Raku

I have the second version of Talisman ready to be uploaded, just need a few more things. It is designed to separate from the game itself, allowing more freedom to write. But I am introducing more number systems to give more "power" to the players to see their strength grow and combat the dangers of the land. It is also helpful for their PvP if they decide to fight each other.

But I don't mind your ideas, maybe I already considered them and have them included by this point, maybe it is a new idea or maybe it is one I thought but rejected when it is not worth it, etc. I also have a third version planned to take the best of both versions but reduce or eliminate the number system but that one has an issue when it comes to PvP because if players fight each other... They need to be fair with their free writing to not try and justify to the point of ranting why their characters are OP and should win the fight, etc. Not to mention possible not to get a sense of how strong or dangerous something is on pure free writing.

Regardless of the above. This thread will be locked to other players and keep going until either you finish this game or quit the game to move on to a new version. If you finish this game and win it. I will give you a reward that gives you a leg up in the next version, the same sort of reward system that I am offering for other players in the next version if they play the game to end or win it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back