• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Terry Pratchett Has Passed Away

Heaven Canceler

Behind You!
terry-pratchett.jpg

And he was one of my favourite authors. No one had that wonderful and lovely humour as him. While I haven't read the later books he wrote, the Colours of Magic, Pyramids, Mort and many more will always remain in my heart.

Wherever you may be, I wish you nothing but the best Sir Pratchett. May you find peace and happiness, and if he is anything like you envisioned him, I hope you had a good meeting with Death. Your writings have brought happiness to Generations, you deserve all respect I can give you, so even if you won't be able to ever read this, thank you very much for your work. It has brightened my life a number of times. Thank you very much.

A toast to you, the maker of Fantastic Worlds, a man that will be remembered!

I wonder if the man didn't end his story himself.

Reactions: Ack
I managed to get my hands only on a couple of his books (and that only because I saw the TV version of some of them), but first Leonard Nimoy and now him :(.

Terry Pratchett may be deceased, but he isn't gone. He's just writing for an higher class crowd, in a place where alzheimers isn't a thing.

Au Revoir, Sir Pratchett, and rest in peace.

"It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life."

This is rather sad.

Though I'm kind of glad that there are still a lot of books he wrote I haven't read yet. I can still take new journeys through the world he created.

Hope you find good things across and along the way the desert, Sir Terry.

If not, well, maybe you can tell us some funny stories (read: serious satire) of the afterlife when we go there later on.

Sir Terry was, and is, one of my very favourite authors. I have a very short list of writers who, when I go into a bookstore and see a new book by them on the shelf, I will buy it without even checking to see if it's any good. Mr Pratchett is on that list.

I have read the Discworld series, enjoying its evolution from sword & sorcery parody to (semi) serious, internally consistent rich and varied world full of bizarre and wonderful characters.

I've also read the Johnny series, the Bromeliad trilogy, and everything else I can get my hands on, written by the man.

I even got the Discworld Ankh-Morpork board game. I think I'll pull it out and have another game of it, next time I get a chance.

Fare thee well, Mr Pratchett. You have told your tales, and you've been called away all too soon, to walk with DEATH across the endless desert.

May whatever you meet on the other side treat you kindly.

This is rather sad.

Though I'm kind of glad that there are still a lot of books he wrote I haven't read yet. I can still take new journeys through the world he created.

I believe his granddaughter was planned to continue the series in the future. So as Long as she has half of his humour, his works won't be in danger of being forgotten anytime soon.

Very sad news. As for any many others, his books were part of my childhood. Thou I'll admit I didn't had much time to read more recent ones. He will be missed.

It's his daughter not his granddaughter and she's not planning on writing more books, that was people misinterpreting the fact that she's in charge of keeping it going or something. The main series is dead basically but she's said she's comfortable with things like spin-offs and adaptions but the books are too special. A source for you.

9ybtCVj.png

It's his daughter not his granddaughter and she's not planning on writing more books, that was people misinterpreting the fact that she's in charge of keeping it going or something. The main series is dead basically but she's said she's comfortable with things like spin-offs and adaptions but the books are too special. A source for you.

9ybtCVj.png

Good, as it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back