• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

You heard of Overgeared. Have you ever heard of Golemgeared? Read the origin of my fascination with golems
Starting Off With A Bang

daydul

Know what you're doing yet?
A.N. I am crossposting this from another thread I made that has all of my unfinished works and from other places because I am going to continue this damn thing, mark my words. I spent too much damn time writing this to give up on it. Also this is the inspiration for my other fic Golem Divinity.

At first I wondered to myself, "How far am I willing to go for my own flesh and blood?" The answer to that question came as quickly as it was asked. I would utilize every fiber of my being to make sure that my family would complete their goals if they ask for my help. When it happened, at first I didn't know what to think. Let's roll back a bit and start from the beginning. My name is Daz. Typically I sported gray clothing to match my hair color and eyes. I wasn't very tall but honestly that didn't matter much to me. I owned a large mansion due to a ton of investments that went in the stock market. With the amount of money I've made I could live in rich splendor for the rest of my life. However, a few years ago We lost our parents to cancer.

They were two of the four remaining family members I had. One of the two came to comfort my younger brother who looked like a younger version of me, Agnus, was his wife Cindy. These two have been the closest to me for most of their lives, that was until the incident happened. About five months ago, a few men did some unspeakable things to Cindy that drove her to suicide and it made my younger brother want to commit murder, but I didn't want him to stain his hands red so I had to do everything to make this right. I called up a few friends that were amazing lawyers and managed to get all of the men who commited those heinous crimes to my sister-in-law the death penalty. In this period of time when technology had advanced to the point where deep dive VR technology exist, the laws had become even more severe for crimes like this as well.

This didn't completely settle Agnus' heart since Cidny was still gone but, both of us saw an advertisement for a game. A game called Satisfy, that would change our lives for better or worse.

Back to the present time:

Me and my brother decided on different paths, or in this case, classes in order to achieve our mutual goal. That goal is to bring back the love of his life into this second world known as Satisfy and give myself the love I never had. To others it's just a video game, but based on the experience and the rifts that the game has caused so far, it is much more than that. Agnus has chosen to go with the necromancer class, while I went with a very unorthodox class after switching from my warrior class. This class was unheard of by the online community when I tried to look it up. It was called Golem Maker. We decided to go separate paths for now since both of our classes were meant for solo play and I didn't want to be restricting Agnus until I got stronger. My level also reset when I got the class. My current status says it all.

Name: Daz
Level: 1
Class: Golem Maker
* Experience can only increase through the golems created and not through the user.

* The probability of adding a class to golems created will increase based on inspiration used.

* If a class is added to a golem, they can only grow one rating higher than the class of the user.

Title: One Who Defies Logic And Reason
* High resistance to Abnormal conditions.

* The growth of the class depends on the determination of the user.

* Tinkerer's will acknowledge the user easier, however they will show disdain if their skill vastly outweighs the user.

* There is a small chance of negating all lethal damage taken for one minute

* When health is at minimum, a golem can sacrifice health in proportion to 50% of the user's health so the user will survive with that amount. This can be activated three times each day.

Health: 4/4 Mana: 25/25
Strength: 1 Stamina: 4 Agility: 0.5
Intelligence: 4 Dexterity: 2 Insight: 2
Stat Points: 0
Weight: 90/200
Skills Window:

[Golem Mimic]
Lv: Basic
Able to copy the skills that a golem the user created can use.

The duration varies depending on the skill copied.

[Golem Craftsmanship Skill]
Lv: Basic
Able to craft a variety of golems only limited by the user's imagination.

The ease of use for the materials of the golem is dependent on the ranking of the skill.

There is a certain probability of creating a normal golem with a class

There is a low probability of creating a normal golem with a rare class

There is a rare probability of creating a rare golem with a normal class

There is a very rare probability of creating a rare golem with a rare class

The rating of the golem determines how far the golem will grow and each golem has different qualifications needed to break through to the next stage.

* When a Golem is defeated or killed, they don't get destroyed but rather recalled to the inventory and can't be dropped. They will recover overtime depending on the severity of the damage.

*When a normal golem with a rare class is produced, all primary stats will permanently rise by +1

*When a rare golem with a normal class is produced, all primary stats will rise by +2

Reputation throughout the continent will permanently rise by +10

*When a rare golem with a rare class is produced, all stats will rise by +3

Reputation throughout the continent will permanently rise by +20

*When a growth type golem is produced, all stats will rise by +5

Reputation throughout the continent will permanently rise by +25

*When a growth type golem with a growth type class is produced, all stats will rise by +10

Reputation throughout the continent will permanently rise by +50

*Stat increase does not count when using the 'Golem Creation' skill.

[Golem Understanding]
Lv. 1
Observe a target in order to use it as a basis to make a golem.

The duration of time for the skill to fully understand the target depends on the strength of the target.

At the current level, the user cannot observe targets with a rating higher than rare unless the target currently has strength equivalent to a normal rated or rare rated class of the same level.

[Golem Craftsmanship]
Lv. 1

Produce Golems that you know how to make.
Opens up enemies to drop golem production methods upon death.

There is a certain probability to produce normal golems with or without normal classes.

There is a rare probability to create normal golems with rare classes or rare golems with no classes.

There is a very rare probability of creating a rare golem with a rare class or a growth golem with a growth class of normal or rare rating.

There is a Minuscule probability of creating an epic golem with or without a class

* All stats of golems will increase by 4%

* Golems give 10% of their experience to the user. This amount is fixed and can't be changed.

*Golems without a class can gain one through special actions depending on the class.

*Something special will happen when five growth golems with classes are created.

[Golem Creation]
Lv.1
Allows the user to create two golems everytime the skill levels up.

Number of golems that can be made: 2/2

* The details of the golem determined when made will determine what type and how powerful the golem will be or become.

* When golems are produced using this skill, the user's name will be imprinted in the description of the golem.

"There is so much to break down here!"

Why did I have to help an old beggar that happened to be a tinkerer? Why did I give him money? Did I feel pity towards the man? No, I lost most of my emotions a long time ago. I really did it because I was hoping for a quest but I ended up with this! This could be a huge boon for me. First off the biggest thing I noticed was that the moment I gave that beggar money and helped him, he disappeared. Right now I'm in some village called Bairan. My best opportunity right now was to leave this place and head to a lower level village or town. First though I need to see if anyone catches my eye and I can use golem understanding on them to get a good production method.

I noticed someone in the middle of the village and it seemed like he was mentally screaming to the heavens with his facial expression. He had some moderate warrior gear equipped and it would seem to be a good idea for me to get a frontliner to fight first. However I want to make a female golem, in case I somehow encounter him in the future and he sees the golem he won't think of it as his female counterpart. It definitely isn't because I want all my golems to be female or anything. I used the skill golem understanding on him while hiding in the distance.

[Scanning Target....]
[Target has a legendary class that is extremely underdeveloped, due to this no title will be gained. Would you like to use golem understanding to create a one time limited use golem production method of user 'Grid'?]

"!"

"Holy grand moly! I think I'm going blind!"

However, I read it again and again without losing sight of 'Grid' and it didn't change. After calming myself down somewhat, I realized I just hit the damn jackpot! I found out who caused that global announcement too. However I won't reveal him since that would cause me to reveal myself as well. I will just silently observe him, hee hee.

[User has chosen to use Golem Understanding on User 'Grid'. Due to the extremely underdeveloped nature of that current status of the user 'Grid's' class the golem in the limited use production method will be reduced to a normal(growth) type golem with the growth type class Pagma's Kin(Normal). It will take 7 hours in order to create the method and a constant view of the user will be needed, otherwise the skill will be paused. Do you wish to proceed?]

"Yes, Yes, a thousand times YES!"

I felt as if the excitement that I tried to keep down, exploded in that moment and if I wasn't in a somewhat remote corner of the village, I feel as if people would look at me like I was a pervert or creep, but right now nothing matters other than stalk..... I mean following this 'Grid' person. After Grid finished lamenting, I saw him go to a horse-drawn carriage and decided against listening to the conversation and just wanted to keep an eye on him. I didn't truly want to be labeled as a stalker. From the hand symbols that they were making it seemed like Grid was bartering with the coachman. After about 15 minutes, it seemed like the negotiations failed. I saw him walk to the corner of the street and it seemed like he was interacting with the system.

Of course I just stood off to the side and observed him, he seemed very oblivious but that was probably just my imagination. I truly confirmed he was interacting with the system when he sat on a bench with a strong lack of onlookers nearby and started waving both of his hands about. He was probably designing something. It probably had something to do with his class. While I was observing Grid I decided to call up Agnus to see how he was doing.

-Hey Agnus! What are you up to? Find any good corpses to revive and fight with?

-Bro, it's been a while since you contacted me, what have you been up to? Also I managed to get a few strong skeleton warriors and mages so I should be able to level a lot faster now.

-Agnus, I'm going to need you to listen to me without going crazy okay?

-Bro what's going on? Is it something bad? I'll start raising hell with my undead if that's the case.

-Don't worry man, it's nothing bad. You remember my skill Golem Understanding when I sent you the details of my class right?

-Yeah...what about it? Wait.... don't tell me you somehow managed to observe someone with a low leveled epic class!

-Hah, no it isn't something as weak as an epic class.

-Hold on, you mean that you managed to observe someone with a unique class? Daz don't tell me you're pulling my leg right now because I find that hard to believe.

-Well Agnus let me tell you, within seven hours I will have observed a Legendary class! The same one from the global announcement. The only downside is that since they are lower leveled, the one golem I can make from using the skill on him will degrade to a normal growth type golem with a normal class that can also grow.

-Daz....I think you are seriously undermining growth type classes. From my research, these classes can grow up to unique rating, and since it originally came from a legendary class I imagine it can also grow to that point! Heck with that title of yours it might go even beyond that point! Ha!

-Seriously! Damn bro! Sorry to cut the conversation short but I gotta go, the downside of this skill is I have to keep eye contact on the target during the whole duration of the skill. Talk to you later Agnus! Visit my house when you get a chance, you can even move in if you want!

I followed Grid to where he confronted and attempted to join a raiding party. After a few minutes of conversation, the man named Toban rejected Grid so Grid walked off and I continued to follow from a distance. Grid was originally going to leave but a man named Regas came and started speaking. Apparently Regas was trying to make a convincing argument to get him to join but his eyes were lying to Grid and his true intentions of trying to make fun of him leaked out. These are one of the types of people I dislike the most. People who think that just because they have a level and gear advantage that they can just make fun of people below them for no good reason.

Sure it may seem like Grid died, lost a few levels and some gear, (which at this point is probably true) but, that doesn't mean they should blatantly discriminate against him. They act like they have never been in a situation where they have died and lost almost everything before. Also if they haven't been in that situation, then they truly had no right to make fun of people who have been through hardships! Ok I need to calm down and stop making assumptions on the situation. It looks like Grid gave up on joining the party and shook hands with the Regas fellow. As he left I followed from the shadows. Sometimes I feel as if an assassin class may have been better suited for me given my current circumstances, but I won't give up on the possible limitless growth this class may have!

It looked like Grid walked into the smithy so I kept my eyesight on him through the window of the smithy. I had just two more hours left and I would be fine. From the outside perspective, they would see a man with gray robes, pants, shoes, and glasses, standing on a box, looking through the window of the smithy. Most people didn't bother him because they thought he was a ghost and felt scared instead. Rumors started to spread about the ghost of Bairan throughout the village, but that was for another time. The blacksmith seemed to send Grid on a quest to chop firewood so I sat nearby and acted ambiguous while looking at him. Once he started chopping firewood it looked like he would break down at any time but he continued on nonetheless. At some point it looked like he reached an enlightenment and was somehow able to keep going. At some point my concentration of looking at him was broken by a notification that brought a smile to my face.

[Production method for the Pagma's Kin Growth type Golem has been obtained. Warning, due to this being a reproduction of a legendary class, it can only be used once. The golem will receive the skills that the class can gain through level ups and class upgrades rather than quest. Due to the specification of the user from earlier, the golem has been designated as 'female'. Production method has been stored in inventory.]

As soon as I finished reading that, I went to the auction house to see if there were any materials I could use that were somewhat flexible because from what I can understand, Grid is a legendary blacksmith! My best bet is the varadinium ore that I read about online. It's a mixture of black iron and gold. Reviews online boasted that it was extremely flexible but also very good for defense as well, hence the reason why some bows were made out of it. The downside is that in order to get enough for a female golem around my size I would need to spend at least 300 gold on it. However I didn't care because I could get that money with ease and hopefully, make it back overtime. I should buy enough for another golem though since I need an actual warrior golem and I would probably need to use golem creation for that. So with a heavy heart, I bought 600 gold worth along with various tools necessary for creating the golem. The great thing I saw about the production method and what I found out about the golem creation is that their starting appearance may be the gray color of the ore but as they grew in levels the appearance would get closer and closer to being human-like.

I decided to head towards the hideout that I spent most of my time making. It may take a while to get there but it made no difference to me. My hideout was a place that only me and Agnus knew of, it was in a large forest in between Bairan and Winston village. This is the place that I built a workshop for various occupations because I wasn't sure what my final class would be. Now however, I need to work the smithy and utilize alchemy to create a golem, but first let's design my golem that will be my frontliner. Golem Creation.

[What type of golem would you like to create?]

I was about to say warrior until I realized that it was too basic. This ability is only limited by my imagination, why am I limiting myself when I can go even beyond the 'basic' classes.

"!"

It was then that a thought hit me, could I make a necromancer golem? Matter of fact, could I make a specialized golem that goes beyond the 'normal' necromancer class? One that reduces the amount of undead it makes for power instead? Maybe one that could combine undead from multiple creatures or skeletons? Alright, it wouldn't hurt to try.

"Necromancer."

[.....]

Did I break the system? I haven't seen it react like this before. Oh well, the only thing I can do right now is wait.

[Title: One Who Defies Logic And Reason hidden effect has activated.]

Wait what? Can't you at least tell me what the hidden effect is?

[User Daz has chosen the type of golem to be Necromancer, please describe the specialization or class that the golem will have.]

Not even a hint as to what actually just happened huh? Oh well, might as well continue with my train of thought later.

"I would like for the Necromancer golem to have a specialized class of Necromancer in a league of its own. The Necromancer golem's class sacrifices the ability to summon a large amount of undead for the ability to make specialized undead by either fusing together already created undead or using the body parts of fallen creatures to create a more powerful undead. Also since the undead would have to be 'created' then they would be fiercely loyal to the creator and anyone above them. The Necromancer golem is also able to modify their own body in order to make it stronger and adapt to any situation. The parts used when modifying its own body would gradually mold to look like the rest of the body overtime but still carry the same effects. Once the body part is fully assimilated, it will permanently keep the effects, even if a part of the same area was used to replace it."

[...........]

I'm honestly starting to think that the system is having a hard time. I don't feel sorry for it though.

[Title: One Who Defies Logic And Reason hidden effect has activated.]

Seriously?! What does that do? Haah, sadly I don't think I will find out anytime soon.

[Frankenstein Golem Production method has been created. Due to the potential of this golem, it has been limited to only two being able to be created at maximum.]

[Frankenstein Golem]
[Rating: Rare(Growth)--Epic(Growth)
Class: Necromancer(Frankenstein)(Growth)
* Gains an increase in stats permanently depending on parts replaced on the golem's own body.

* Able to create undead by combining the body parts of defeated or killed creatures.

* Can fuse already created undead for more powerful undead. However, this can fail if the compatibility of the undead isn't high and would cause the undead used in the process to be lost permanently.

* Undead created by Frankenstein golem will give 25% of their experience to the golem.

* Undead cannot gain a class unless special conditions are met.

Conditions Of Use: Daz]

Holy…..I think I might need to change my pants, then tell Agnus about this after I make it and the Pagma's Kin golem. I'll have to think of names for both of them but it shouldn't be too difficult. I created the Freakenstein Golem's design to be similar to if Agnus had an identical twin sister. The Pagma's Kin golem was modeled after a favorite character of mine from an anime with bright blond hair that always wore a red dress.. I felt as if the system looked at my internet search history when modeling it. Afterwards I started working on the Pagma's Kin golem that I decided to name Torva. In order to create a golem, I had to do the work of three different professions. Alchemy, blacksmithing, and sculpting. The Alchemy consists of creating a well designed ego. It's like the deciding factor of how smart the AI for the golem would be. The blacksmithing consisted of molding the metal together into a fine body, and lastly the sculpting would consist of grinding out the fine detail of the whole body and making sure that it functions properly. After following the instructions of my design, what came out was Nero but made of purely gray metal. That reminds me, I'll have to get her some clothes for the golems as well. As I was contemplating this, the system notification rang off.

[Due to the masterful work of making the golem Torva, it has come out one rating higher than the original production method. All stats will increase by 10 and reputation across the continent will increase by 50.]

Before I could even contemplate the meaning of the situation, my train of thought was broken by Torva in the most unbelievable way possible.

"Servant Torva Claudius has been created in response to your will! May I ask what is the name of my Praetor? " I think my mind may or may not have been overloaded by that statement. Since when did Satisfy incorporate age old anime into its game? Or at least, how did the AI I selected understand what it was modeled after? Whatever, too many questions right now but nothing that can answer it so let's just introduce myself.

"Hello Torva, you can call me Daz, Master, or Praetor, whichever you prefer. It's a pleasure. May I ask though, what is your status?"

After I introduced myself, Torva showed me her status, and to say I was surprised would be a severe understatement.

Name: Torva
Class: Pagma's Wish(Rare)

* The Probability of adding additional options when making items will slightly increase.

* The probability of item enhancement will slightly increase

* All equipment items can be worn unconditionally. However, there is a large penalty depending on the rating of the item.

Title: One Who Sees the path to Become a Legend

* Medium resistance to Abnormal conditions.

* You won't be recalled right away when health is at a minimum.

* Will be acknowledged easier but if there is a large disparity in skill the target will want to teach you.

Health: 300/300 Mana: 100/100
Strength: 26 Stamina: N/A Agility: 14
Intelligence: 18 Dexterity: 28 Insight: 10
Composure: 2 Indomitable: 1 Dignity: 1

Skill Window:
[Item Understanding]
Pagma's Wish can understand the materials and principles of the item by using,
disassembling, or repairing the equipment items. If you have a 100% understanding, you can learn how to make that item.

[Blacksmith Craftsmanship Skill]
Lv. Intermediate
Produce equipment items that you know how to make

There is a certain probability of creating rare rated items

There is a very low probability of creating epic rated items
There is an extremely rare probability of creating unique rated items.

* At the stage of Intermediate, the attributes of all items are increased by 4%

* When rare rated items are produced, all states will permanently rise by +0.5

Reputation throughout the continent will rise by +6

* When epic rated items are produced, all stats will permanently rise by +2

Reputation throughout the continent will rise by +20

* When unique rated items are produced, all stats will permanently rise by +6

Reputation throughout the continent will rise by +130

[Intermediate Blacksmith's Craftsmanship Skill]
Lv. 1

Produce equipment items that you know how to make

You can create the production methods for a new item with the 'Intermediate Blacksmith's Creation' skill.

* At the stage of Intermediate, the attributes of all items are increased by 4%

* When rare rated items are produced, all states will permanently rise by +0.5

Reputation throughout the continent will rise by +6

* When epic rated items are produced, all stats will permanently rise by +2

Reputation throughout the continent will rise by +20

* When unique rated items are produced, all stats will permanently rise by +6

Reputation throughout the continent will rise by +130

* When legendary rated items are produced, all stats will permanently rise by +15 and reputation throughout the continent will rise by +500

* Class will upgrade once the sufficient level is reached and at least 15 epic items are created.

[Intermediate Blacksmith's Creation Skill]
You can create one equipment item production method every time the skill level of 'Intermediate Blacksmith's Creation Skill' goes up.

Number of items that can be created at present: 1/1

* When items are produced using this skill, the name of the creator is automatically placed on the item.

I thought I had a midlife crisis with my pants earlier and now I'm about to faint with the amount of information this class has. And apparently there are a ton of skills that Grid still hasn't unlocked that Torva will get through leveling whenever he unlocks it. My lord! I had to steel myself and calm down, I still had one more golem to make before we could start hunting at winston village. However with the stuff I have stocked up in the smithy, I might just have Torva stay here and work in the smithy to level up since she can level through blacksmithing along with gaining stats. I can't even imagine the benefits the Legendary class has. I thanked Torva for letting me examine her status, then had her stand to the side while I started to work on the Frankenstein golem that I decided to name, Martimer.

After I finished Martimer, she had long hair and an ample body. If it weren't for the fact that the metal made her completely gray, I would start describing different colors of the eyes, hair, and skin. I didn't get a special notification this time, but her rating was the same as Torva with less potential in the way of skills. However, she made up for it in stats. Her status went like this:

Name: Martimer
Class: Frankenstein(Rare)
* Gains an increase in stats permanently depending on parts replaced on the golem's own body.

* Able to create undead by combining the body parts of defeated or killed creatures.

* Can fuse already created undead for more powerful undead. However, this can fail if the compatibility of the undead isn't high and would cause the undead used in the process to be lost permanently.

* Undead created by Frankenstein golem will give 25% of their experience to the golem.

* Undead cannot gain a class unless special conditions are met.

Title: Craftsman of the Undead
* High resistance to Abnormal conditions.

* You won't be recalled right away when health is at a minimum.

*High vulnerability to Holy magic

* Boost the Power Of their Undead by 20%

* Created undead will be fiercely loyal to Martimer and User Daz

Health: 500/500 Mana: 230/230
Strength: 15 Stamina: N/A Agility: 23
Intelligence: 30 Dexterity: 14 Insight: 18

I didn't want to do another deep dive into the skills since I don't think my brain can handle it. Also it turned out that Martimer had a pretty advanced personality as well and could speak properly unlike what my previous assumptions were about her. With that done and out of the way I had them stay in the hideout for a bit while I went out to get some clothes for them. I had Torva start crafting to see if she could start to raise her level and make some equipment for Marirmer, me and herself. When I arrived at Winston, I quickly stopped by a tailor and bought a few cloaks and womens clothing that would auto fit to the two of them. I also bought around 10 custom designed masks that had a skull with swords crossing behind it. I Bought some gloves and shoes as well to make sure that they can be covered completely. I want to wait until they level and gain the appearance of their original design before showing them off to the world. I also need to get some more golem production methods or use golem understanding more if I'm going to have a chance at upgrading my class. I need an easier way to use Golem Understanding. I'll ask Agnus once he gets to the hideout to see if he has any ideas.

Once I got back, I noticed that Torva had already made a sword. It was normal rating, but it could be used for now and it looked like she was currently working on another sword right now. I didn't want to interrupt her concentration so I gave Martimer her clothes and took a seat nearby while watching Torva work and hearing the melody that she made by banging her hammer on the anvil. The one thing that I noticed that she didn't have with her class was the auto production button that came with other blacksmith classes. That means she had to manually craft each item she made. It was perfectly fine since she seemed passionate about it and golems had infinite stamina anyway. After a while, Agnus had arrived with his small army of undead that he was building. I had to stop him from making too much noise so that he didn't ruin Torva's concentration. Agnus took a seat beside me and started examining Martimer and Torva. After a while he sent a whisper.

-Hey Daz, can you show me the status of these two? I'm very curious about it.

-Sure I'll show you, just don't faint or be too surprised by it.

-Bro there is no way that you could….

Before he could finish, I showed him the status of the two and he grew wide-eyed at their status. It seemed like he was intensely staring at Martimer's status, since he could already guess how good Torva's class was since it was based off of a legend.

-Who did you base Martimer off of Daz? I don't know any user with that fraudulent type of hidden class.

-I made it myself.

-I'm sorry bro, could you repeat that? I think I'm going blind and deaf.

-I said I made it myself. I used the Golem Creation skill and when I chose the type to be necromancer, my title triggered some kind of hidden effect.

-....................Have her absorb one of my more powerful skeleton warriors.

-Wait, don't you need those? Didn't you work hard to grow them?

-It's fine, just have her absorb one for now with her absorb skill and see the effects.

I asked Martimer to do as Agnus suggested and she walked towards his skeletal warriors and examined each one. When she decided on one it looked like she chose the second most powerful out of the bunch that was wearing armor similar but weaker looking to a death knight. When she used her ability, the skeleton was engulfed in a purple light, then flew into the body of Martimer. The equipment that the skeleton was wearing, fell to the ground. She didn't have any visible changes, however the system notification almost threw me off the bench in surprise.

[Golem Martimer has absorbed the Skeletal knight owned by Agnus. Skeletal knight was level 130 so a portion of the experience has been absorbed along with their stats. Martimer has leveled up to level 45 and has gained +50 in each stat point as a bonus to the base stat points gained through leveling. Intermediate Sword Mastery Skill has been obtained. You have leveled up to level 15. Martimer's assimilation timer for the stats is one month. Stats will slowly be added from the level ups over the course of the duration of assimilation.]

As soon as I finished reading, Torva finished the sword and looked happy so I calmed down and released my excitement. "Screw it I'm breaking my rule, Holy SH***********." Agnus was surprised that I cursed after so long, Martimer laughed, and Torva just smiled with the sword in her hand before going back to work on a sheath. "Agnus, Martimer leveled up to 45 and I leveled to 15! She gained +50 in each stat and the sword mastery skill. This is absurd!"

After that short but informative explanation, Agnus went silent for a while before speaking up. "From what I can tell, The Frankenstein class needs to keep absorbing and creating creatures and undead in order to compete with the power of other classes at the same rating. Since it is a growth type class that is even better but sadly Martimer is restricted in growth by your class so I think I came up with a solution for your golem understanding problem. What you need is a type of Observer golem. I think it would be a good idea to use that last creation slot of yours to make a golem that can literally act as your eyes, ears, and maybe even voice."

I thought over his idea for a while before concluding that it was the best solution and I could probably send it to follow after the more powerful users, from a distance. Maybe even when it gets to a higher level I can have it observe Krugel and get the sky above the sky as a golem. As I thought about that while working on the design of the observer golem I had a dark smile on my face that didn't go unnoticed by those around me. However, they decided not to say anything about it. When Torva finished the sheath of the sword she made, she passed it to Martimer and her eyes bulged at what she was looking at. She let me and Agnus see it as well and I couldn't believe this was only the second sword she made.

[Oliburn]
Rating: Rare
Durability: 346/346
Attack Power: 230-300
Defense: 22
* Strength +7
* There is a low probability of inflicting an 'Oil Burn' that will deal 0.5% damage to the target in proportion to their maximum health every second for 3 seconds.

* There is a very high probability of activating the 'Triple Flame Slash' Skill

It was created by a blacksmith who has glimpsed the path of the legends and has such high determination that it rivals her master. Due to the composition of the sword, it is constantly hot and can easily cause burns to those who touch it.

User Restriction: Level 40 or higher
Basic Sword Mastery
Weight: 100

"!"
"!"
"!"

All three of us were thoroughly surprised by the absurd stats of this sword for the low level that it required. I patted Torva's head, thinking nothing of it as I congratulated her on the accomplishment of creating such a sword. Torva seemed happy and I patted Martimer's head as well so that she didn't feel left out.

After a while of sitting down to relax my brain, Agnus left in order to continue his quest. He will probably be gone for a while but it's fine since I'm still low in level and don't have many golems right now. I sat back down on the bench, while Torva continued to craft some armor for Martimer before I went with her to hunt some lower level mobs. I decided to use the golem Creation skill and hoped that this golem wasn't limited.

"Golem Creation."

[What type of golem would you like to create?]

"An Eagle."

[Have you decided?]

I see that this didn't trigger alarm bells with the system, that's good.

"Yes,"

[Please design the item]

Crafting Is The Way Of Life
Just like when I designed Martimer, a blank screen with a blueprint layout appeared in front of me. I made it just like an eagle but, I made the whole body except the head grey and made the head black in color. I also gave it sharper talons and black eyes. I decreased the size of the bird as well so that it could hide easier. After I finished, another system prompt came up.

[Please describe the characteristics of the 'Eagle' Golem]

"The Eagle golem is made to serve as the eyes, ears, and voice of their creator. Therefore they have the ability to share their senses with their creator. The golem also is innately stealthy and can easily blend into any environment. It has the ability to change the color of it's skin based on the environment around it after staying in it for a period of time. They can soar high into the skies at fast speeds and have amazing vision whether it be night or day."

It wasn't much of a description, but it will have to do for now since I just need something that can stealthily follow anyone I want to watch and allow me to use Golem Understanding on them.

[Please Name the Golem.]

I probably don't want to name it anything too obvious, in case someone manages to observe it, but it can't be anything far off either. I got it!

"Vision Golem"

After waiting for a bit, the Eagle's information appeared.

[Vision Eagle]
Rating: Rare
Durability: Equivalent to health.
Base Health: 150

* Has the ability to blend into any environment as long as they stay in that area for a period of time depending on the environment and disparity between current camouflage.

* Can share the senses of sight, and hearing using the skill 'Limited senses sharing'.

* Can use the skill, 'Voice Modifier' to allow the creator to speak through it.

* Can use the skill, 'Swift Retreat' to largely increase speed in order to escape during flight.

* Can use the skill, 'Intermediate Stealth'. This skill is upgraded by one grade, when used in combination with 'Camouflage' skill.

* Can gain experience depending on the level of target observed.

These Vision Eagles were created for the purpose of observing their targets for a long period of time. Once they find a target, they will do everything in their power to follow them, no matter the danger. Were created by initial 'D', who chose to remain anonymous.

For now this should be able to serve the purpose I need. I decided to use iron and black iron ore in order to make them. I waited until Torva finished making armor for Martimer before I took over the smithy for a bit, and made five of them to serve my purpose. The only bad thing about them is that the only stat they could increase with level is health. However, this is countered by the fact that they could level through observing. I sent a message to Agnus to ask for his location, then I sent one of the Vision Eagle's to them so that it could follow him and possibly observe any NPCs that would be good to make a golem out of. I sent one to observe Grid since I feel like there would be users that would do everything they can to recruit a Legendary class, and for the last four I had them follow me on standby for now until I find a target I want them to follow. I don't think it is a good idea to send them to where any of the seven guilds stay, Ares is a no go, I don't know where Krugel is but I'm going to constantly check online for updates on his position, and right now I don't have enough information on the top players.

Once Martimer, Torva, and I were outfitted in some equipment that was mostly normal rating, outside of Martimer's sword and Torva's armor. I decided to use a bow for now since It would be over if I go down, but Torva, and Martimer can tank damage just fine since they have much better stats than I do. Torva also outfitted herself with a rare greatsword because she stated that "It felt right."

We headed out to hunt some nearby mobs for a while. It mostly consisted of boars, wolves, and rabbits. Martimer couldn't find anything suitable to absorb or use for undead, she stated that the ideal would be humanoid creatures, or powerful monsters. I could have her make undead out of these weaker mobs, but that wouldn't be a good idea since she has a limited amount of undead she can make at her current class rating. While we were mindlessly farming, I decided to check on Grid to see if he has any progress on learning any new skills. It looks like my Eagle is currently in a smithy and I can see that Grid is currently working on some arrows. I don't know why he's working on arrows specifically since I haven't seen any arrows above normal rating before, but let's just keep an eye on him just in case. After a while of him quenching and smelting, he finished around 100 arrows. His eyes widened in surprise so I decided to observe the arrows myself with the Eagle.

[Special Jaffa Arrow]
Rating: Epic

Attack Power: 35-42

An arrow made by a craftsman with great skill and potential but lacking in experience and reputation.

Due to the effect of combining jaffa with steel, it has extremely high penetration, and ignores some of the enemy's defense.

* Has a certain chance of ignoring the enemy's defense.

Weight: 0.1

"Hold on, EPIC RATED CONSUMABLES?!"

I managed to say that out loud as Torva was finishing off a wolf. Both of my companions stopped in surprise, but continued their train of aggroing and fighting dire wolves, while I continued to observe. Since when were consumables able to have a higher rating than normal? This discovery is absurd! I should have Torva start to make arrows. I'll need her to disassemble and reassemble them in order to learn how to make them just like Grid did but it will be worth it if I can get even more powerful arrows. Although she probably won't be able to make epic arrows anytime soon, just rare would be fine, heck, even normal would be fine since she increases the stats by 4%. After that debacle, I heard noises in the distance and realized we came very far from the hideout and were near people who were doing a raid of the Guardian of the Forest. In the distance I see the Tzedakah Guild finishing off the boss. It looks like I found a few ideal targets to be observed. I sent one of my Eagles to observe Jishuka the guild leader, due to her amazing skill with the bow and I sent another to follow Faker around who I only managed to catch a glimpse of in the background of the guild users. I'll hold onto the last one for now and decide that we should head into town since I wanted to bid on those arrows.

I had both Torva and Martimer put on cloaks to cover their bodies, along with the custom mask I had made. I donned the same attire as well. I wanted us to pass off as NPC's since our names would be hidden with the mask on. When we arrived at the auction house I noticed that Jushuka had placed a bid of 35 silver. I decided to ignore the bid from that point on since the bid started rising very quickly. I could just have Torva make arrows when she has time between crafting weapons and armor. I looked through the auction for any good materials that could be used for blacksmithing. I decided to buy up the materials needed for a jaffa arrow from the auction and the nearby smithy before they go up in price. I also bought a ton of ores for making weapons, armor, sheaths, and the like. After we went out, I equipped a woodcutter ax and started cutting wood for the smithy, bows, and arrows.

I started to get much better at multitasking since I was chopping wood, while giving out commands to Torva and Martimer, along with observing Jishuka and Faker. I decided to send Torva back to the base after giving her all the materials I bought so she could continue to develop her skill in smithing and let Martimer continue solo hunting. My level was steadily rising from Torva and Martimer. While chopping wood, I started to use Golem Understanding on Jishuka.

[Scanning Target....]
[Target has a normal rated class that has developed to a good extent, due to this, the golem created would receive the same skills as the user chosen as a target by leveling up. However they will be able to go down the same or a different path of the user being observed. Would you like to use golem understanding to create a golem production method of user 'Jishuka'? Please note that after this point, if the user develops further, the golem or golems created may or may not obtain the same skills or class progression.]

It looks like this one isn't limited to the amount of golems I could make. I finally can obtain a production method that I could start grinding out in order to make higher rated golems and possibly upgrade my class overtime. I will have to adjust the appearance a bit once I start making them though so they don't resemble her. Eh, it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

"Yes."

[User 'Daz' has chosen to use Golem Understanding on User 'Jishuka'. A normal, humanoid type golem with the normal class of archer production method will be obtained. It will take a full 3 hours and 30 minutes of observing to obtain. Do you wish to proceed?]

"Yes."

Once the timer started, I continued to chop wood, while observing her. It seemed like Jishuka was searching for Grid since she had a very crazed look in her eyes as she pulled out the jaffa arrows she got from the auction. I didn't really care what guild Grid joins as long as he continues to grow. I found out that Torva could grow in her class on her own but not until her class at least reached a unique rating. Right now I either need to focus on raising my own rating so that she can get to unique rating without being limited by me. I took a break from chopping wood and started to head back to the hideout with Martimer. She managed to reach level 50 with me getting to level 20. There wasn't anything special that happened, other than an increase in stats. When we got back, I heard the sounds of a hammer hitting an anvil so I decided to let Torva be and headed deeper into the cave. I decided to start expanding on the cave so I equipped a picaxe and went to work while still keeping an eye on Jishuka. She was currently searching Winston, the village connected to the end of this forest for any clues of Grid. After mining for a few hours I got the production method for the archer golem.

I decided to take a break, have Martimer either solo hunt for a bit near the cave or mine out some more, and I logged out. As I stepped out of my capsule, I took a moment to get a good stretch in and relax my body before heading down my long line of stairs, down to the first floor. I started to cook myself some steak, mashed potatoes, and broccoli, while browsing the online forums of Satisfy. Right now, all the buzz was about the top seven guilds and how 'Awesome' they were. Right now I was looking up information on Krugel to see where in Satisfy he was currently so I could send a Vision Eagle to observe him. Sadly, it all came up as dead ends, so I would have to wait until he somehow makes a public appearance or someone attracts his attention. The main reason why I know about him, was because Agnus had run into him before.

After eating and taking a shower, I got back into my capsule and logged back into the game. When I took in my surroundings, I noticed that the cave was slightly larger at the end. I noticed that Martimer was still mining so I didn't stop her. After seeing that Torva was still working as well with a few swords and bows sitting on a rack to her side, I realized I needed to expand my workshop or make another part of the hideout a second workshop. I'll probably be going with the second option, rather than the first. Welp, it's time for some manual labor. I rolled up my non-existent sleeves, and got to work on mining out another area.

After a few hours into working, I used golem understanding on Faker, and the same prompts popped up, but with assassin rather than an archer, and it would take five hours to complete. Once that s tarted, I continued to work on a second workshop, specifically for making golems. After Golem Understanding completed, I was about a fourth of the way done with the layout of the second workshop. While working I decided to send the two Eagles to follow and observe the rest of the core of Jishuka's guild. I had them observe Pon and Vanter since I need more fontliners to supplement the assassin and archer golems I plan on making. I started with Vantier and his class turned out to be guardian knight, not that it made a difference to the time for the skill since it would take five hours just like Faker. I assume that Pon would be in a similar situation. I feel as if five hours might be the baseline for most of the normal classes, but it probably has more to do with their current skills.

After another 12 hours, I obtained two more production methods and finished the layout of the workshop. Now I need to head back to one of the villages and buy everything necessary for blacksmithing, alchemy, and sculpting. First though, I decided it would be ideal to craft a basic party of golems that Martimer could lead to go hunt some mobs while I go out. They could pose as NPCs or players and none would be the wiser as long as I give them the cloaks and mask I had bought before. Of course I will probably need to make the golems of similar sizes for regular clothes though, since getting clothes that auto-fit is expensive. That reminds me, I should get the method to make a golem that can be a tailor to save myself some time. Wait, why don't I do this for all professions? But, it might be ideal to wait on professions other than tailor, in case I have the opportunity to get a higher rated class in that field later. With that thought in mind, I sent my last bird to go to an NPC shop and see if I could find a tailor that is of intermediate level in skill.

As I headed to the first workshop, I noticed that Martimer was sitting on the bench, probably waiting for her next mission since it seems like she finished with the small expansion I required. I sat next to her as I waited for Torva to finish with the bow she was working on. It seemed like she already finished one bow, a shield, a few pieces of armor, a sword, and a spear while I was working earlier. From what I can tell by the way Grid craft's anything, he takes a long time and puts his full concentration on it. In the case of Torva, it looked like she was doing just like Grid was, and was focusing her full concentration on what she was doing like she was in her own world. After a while, she finished her latest bow, placed it on one of the racks nearby, and looked towards me.

"Torva, I'll need to use the workshop to make you two some more companions so that Martimer could go out and hunt without needing me to be there."

After I made that statement, she silently stepped aside and took a seat on the bench nearby. Once I make the golems, they will have to go without much armor until Torva can craft enough for them. I made two archer golems, two assassins, one guardian knight, and one spear knight. Only one of them became a growth type and that was one of the assassins. I didn't give names to any of the golems except for the assassin one that I named Shade. I also made all the golems except for shade, androgynous in features since, unless they were of a growth type or somehow broke through, I didn't want to put too much into them. Currently there were enough weapons and arrows to be used by the golems but that was about it so I gave them clothes, a cloak each, and a mask. I sent them with Martimer while I headed to Winston to buy more materials for blacksmithing and getting everything I need for a second workshop. On the way there, Martimer's party cleared the way of mobs so that I could have a clear path there. They were surprisingly pretty good at fighting, even though the majority of the new golems weren't very mentally advanced except for Shade, they still did their jobs well. The assassins pulled mobs, the guardian knight and Martimer aggroed them, and then the mobs would be systematically defeated by the rest of the party relatively quickly.

By the time I arrived at Winston, Martimer's party headed back into the forest to hunt and gather as many materials they could to lessen the burden on my wallet. Before I headed towards the chain of NPC shops I needed to go to for my workshop, a little birdy found me an intermediate tailor. It happened to be a user named 'deezmuts'. It seemed to be an older person because, man, is that joke outdated. For the first time though, when I used golem understanding on him, the production method had the class as a growth type but not the golem itself, so it wouldn't go towards the growth type golem counter for my class. That kinda sucks but, I'm sure it will be fine. That just means that it can't level up through tailoring but can only grow in skill level so I will need to send it out with any hunting groups of golems in the future. It would take 10 hours so I decided to put that off until tomorrow since I've been on for a long time already. After buying everything I needed, along with a large amount of cloaks and additional masks, I decided to check on Grid to see his current progress.

When I checked on him through an Eagle, he was fighting some outlaw's with an arrow…… wait. He's using an arrow as a weapon? Does he not have anything else he can use instead? I saw him equip a sword before so I was expecting him to use that. My guess is he probably needs to repair it. That still doesn't explain the fact that he doesn't have a backup weapon and is somehow using a consumable as one. He is doing a good chunk of damage to them too, despite the level difference between them. After fighting for a while, it seemed like he was yelling at the NPC blacksmith to let him borrow his sword. A good choice if I say so myself. While I was watching him I was contemplating something. I wonder if I can somehow let Torva see through this Eagle and she can learn by watching him. Sadly that didn't seem like an option but, I did figure out an alternative. It turns out that she could use her appraisal skill, and constantly disassemble and reassemble the Vision Eagle so she can make one of her own! I sent my last Eagle to Torva and had her do exactly that because, if she could learn from the original, then she could improve and maybe even surpass his skill, hee hee hee.

After Grid defeated the outlaws, he took Khan to the nearby clinic after he passed out. At that point, I had decided to stop paying attention to it and had Martimer's party pick me up at the entrance of the forest since even though I managed to level up to 25, it is still dangerous for me due to the wide range of levels that this large forest has. When I got back to the hideout, Torva was constantly assembling and disassembling the Eagle. It seemed like she had little progress each time she did it so it might take a while, but she had a bright shine in her eyes when she realized what she was doing this for. At that point I set up the second workshop and dropped off everything else I needed to in the makeshift storage of the hideout before logging off. Stepping out of the capsule, I did my routine stretches, cooked some turkey, worked out for an hour or so, took a shower, then logged back into the game. Once I got back on, I started to observe 'deezmuts' right away and then checked on Torva's progress. When I got there, the Eagle was sitting on a ledge, while I heard the bangging of a hammer from Torva. Looks like she got full understanding of the Vision Eagle and is working on one of her own.

While she was doing that, I checked on the materials in the storage, and I had enough to make another team of golems with one archer, one assassin, one spear knight, and one guardian knight. It was at that moment that I realized a strong weak point I had in the team makeup of my golems, I was missing a healer! I sent my free Eagle to find a priest on the double since I needed to make one asap because the only way my golems regenerate health was through waiting and couldn't use potions. How could I have not thought of this before? Damn I'm glad I remembered it early on, I couldn't imagine what would happen if I thought of it later down the line. It didn't take the Eagle long to find a priest player in a party with a mage, knight, warrior, and archer. A normal mage was another one I forgot about. Oh well, nothing like the present. Both the priest and mage would take four hours so I started with the priest while making the finishing touches on my second workshop. When it finished, I devoted my full attention to making a few priest golems, rather than just one. After a few hours, I ended up with four but none of them were growth types but one of them had a rare rating so I got a slight increase in stats. I got them clothes, a cloak, and a mask right away. Just like the policy I made earlier, all of them looked androgynous. I had some staffs lying in storage so it would have to do for now until Torva could craft some more. I might need to make some normal blacksmith golems but for now I will let Torva be the focus for blacksmithing. I recalled Martimer's party and had two priests join them before sending them back out. It looked like Torva finished two Vision Eagles and sent one to follow the main hunting group to survey their surroundings and another to follow Grid. I had my Eagle that was following Grid, come back and stay on standby.

I started making enough golems for a full team similar to Martimer's current team, except I made four mage golems as well. I sent two, to go with Martimer's team, then I made one guardian knight, one spear knight, one archer, and another two assassins. After that was finished and I had them clothed, none of them were higher than normal rating and none of them were growth types. I had them on standby and got to work on making another Frankenstein golem because I don't have the luxury of waiting. After I craft this I will be piss poor, in the game. At least with the Frankenstein golem it will be a growth type with a growth class. After crafting it I named her Joul. Her body type was similar to Martimer's but had shorter hair and wasn't as well defined in the assets department. That didn't take away from her looks though. She started with the same rating as Martimer. After finishing everything up I made sure everyone was clothed and at least had some weapons and a few pieces of armor before sending them out. Both teams would work in tandem with each other to cover more ground and discuss with themselves the best way to hunt the mobs in the area.

Once all that was said and done, I decided to increase my mining skill even further and expand at the same time. Currently my mining skill is intermediate level five. It's pretty high, but considering how big the hideout is, I would be upset if it was any less. While I was mindlessly mining, I decided to have the Eagle that was used to observe the wandering party, explore to see if I could find any targets of interest, or just something to pass the time while I mine. I'm not adverse to being connected for multiple real world days at a time and I probably will since I want to expand pretty far. It was then that I heard something interesting from Torva while I was mining. Grid was challenged to a competition between him and the mero company when it came to blacksmithing. Looks like a free quest win for Grid, I'll just let Torva give me updates on the situation while I continue to look for another target to observe. After mining for two nights straight in Satisfy, I decided to call it and log off.

By the time I logged back on, Torva explained to me that Grid encountered an Orator that seemed to be trying to rally the citizens of Winston for the Mero Company. An Orator huh? I don't know how that would work in golem form but it wouldn't hurt to get another production method to grind I guess. I sent my Eagle that was roaming about to their location and it started to observe him once I got there. Apparently it would only take two hours to gain a production method due to the nature of the class. After finishing the skill it seemed that the orator 'Huroi' was captured by the Mero Company and imprisoned. Oh well, it's his own fault for getting involved with them. I'll just continue to grind up my skill levels as much as possible and hope for one more growth type golem.

[11:50 m, Satisfy Headquarters]:

Lim Cheolho, the head of Satisfy and the S.A. Group just finished being somewhat surprised by the user who obtained the first Legendary class and triggered an S-grade hidden quest. Now he is observing a user that obtained a class that was originally made as a joke that couldn't possibly become a reality, yet this user somehow destroyed the Super A.I. Morpheus' prediction of the user giving up with the class. The main reason why he would give up? The amount of resources and capital needed to even get started was absurd, and even if a few golems were made, there is no guarantee that the golems would get even basic A.I. with personalities. Yet, somehow, someway, the first golem the user 'Daz' made was based off of 'Grid's' Legendary class! Not only that, but that TItle of his had the absurd effect of allowing him to make up classes as long as it didn't break the game itself! Thankfully I made the failsafe of the hidden effect never showing its description, even if its effects were discovered. Also, to put a damn cherry on top, he already had four golems with advanced A.I. 's on the level of NPC's like Piaro and Earl Ashur!

"Morpheus, if Daz's golem Martimer and Krugel were put on an even playing field then what are the chances of Martimer winning?"

[The probability of Golem Martimer winning against Krugel is 40%, if Martimer were to absorb and assimilate a large amount of creatures varying in kinds and power. Then she would have a 75% chance of winning.]

"What?"

At that time, the head of Satisfy added another user to the list of 'Miracle' players that broke Morpheus' predictions.

Daz

In the midst of mining, I found a black iron ore vein! This is a great boon for me. That reminds me, I should have my two golem teams run dungeons nearby to get materials for gear and some levels a bit faster, but I don't want to stop them from hunting either. I guess I could send one team to raid a dungeon and have the other continue to hunt nearby. Some good news is that Grid made some Epic rated items under the watchful eyes of Torva so she gained some inspiration from him when blacksmithing. I noticed something interesting with one of the eagles I had roaming around. It was currently near the Akero Dungeon, I don't know how it got to such a high level area but then again it can fly with advanced stealth so I doubt it would get caught easily. I noticed a young looking girl with the username Euphemina getting harassed by other users showing off their skills. Nothing special was going on until I tried to use Golem Understanding on her.

[Player 'Euphemina' has an Epic class that has much higher stats than a normal or rare class of the same level and is a much higher level than the user. Golem Understanding can not be used at this time.]

That's the first time I couldn't use Golem Understanding on someone, however that didn't deter me at all and instead only made me more determined to make a production method out of her class. Looks like I found one of the epic class users. I decided to have my eagle continue to follow her around from a distance. After that I went to the second workshop to work on more vision eagles. While working on the eagles, I noticed that Euphemina was headed towards Kesan Canyon.

"I wonder why she is headed there? I guess I'll find out soon enough, but it's either for leveling or quest."

She went inside a cave and it seemed like she started to engage in a fight with someone right after she triggered a trap set by them. It looks like she has to do a quest to fight this NPC but is easily getting overwhelmed. It seems like his name is Piaro, I wonder who that is. I tried using golem understanding on him as well but it also failed, this time because his class was a higher tier swordsman class. In a short period of time it seemed like Euphemina would win and I had to guess that her class was some type of powerful mage. However, even with the bombardment of spells on Piaro, he still came out fine and defeated Euphemina. If I were to guess the closest town she could spawn in would be Winston, I'll have to send one of my newly created vision eagles to find and follow her. After everything settled down in the cave, Piaro surpassed my expectations with what he did next.

"Who's there! I can sense you nearby, you can't fool me! Are you another one of Asmophel's dogs?"

I decided to have the eagle remain silent for now and slowly back away. However, the silence was broken not long after.

"(Rumble)"

The sound of Piaro's stomach went off and echoed in the cave. It was then that an idea came to me, I sent the eagle out to gather some nearby fruits and bring them to Piaro. This may be the only chance I have to get an eagle to spy on him. The great thing about the eagles is that they have a small inventory of five slots, so I had it leave the desert temporarily and gather fruit, vegetables, and meat from some weak rabbits it could scavenge from, before flying back to Piaro. When the eagle entered the cave, Piaro instantly became alert and got into a defensive stance. I had the eagle land a distance from him in his sight, he didn't lower his guard even in the slightest, but didn't make the first move. Slowing my breath, I had the eagle empty a small portion of its inventory of food in front of it. I started sweating as Piaro saw the food and slowly started to make its way to it. Once Piaro was right in front of the food and eagle he started to speak.

"You are quite the peculiar bird. I haven't seen your kind before. I thought you were another enemy, but it seems you want to introduce yourself as a friend. I'm going to start a fire for this meat, you wouldn't happen to have any more would you?"

Piaro was still a bit cautious but I had the eagle remove all the meat it scavenged from its inventory and Piaro widened his eyes in surprise, before finally relaxing his guard. I released a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. I was so focused on the situation that I stopped making vision eagles. After making a fire and once Piaro started cooking, he gave the eagle the name of Duke. I decided to log off at that point but not before I had given a command for Duke to listen to Piaro's commands and to periodically hunt for food for him if he doesn't do it himself. Before I logged off, I saw him feeding Duke food, while eating some himself. I wonder where the food goes if consumed by a golem, huh, food for thought, no pun intended.

When I logged on, I received a stream of notifications for level ups and it didn't stop until I reached level 42. One of the teams must have found and run a dungeon or defeated a field boss of some kind. Either way, it's a great boon for me. While checking the chat, I saw that Martimer's team found a goblin dungeon hidden deeper in the forest. The one good thing about this forest is that, even after the game being open for a year, it is largely unexplored so this would be great for my golems to gain experience quicker. The dungeon also had a wide range of levels, just like the forest itself. From what I can tell from the chat log, a few of my golems got very close to being recalled if it weren't for my priest golems. I'm thankful that I remembered that now. They couldn't get very far into the dungeon though since apparently the difficulty jumps very quickly from starting at around level 20 then jumping to 40. At the point they stopped, they had to fight hobgoblins at around level 70+. I'll have to send Joul's team to grind the 20+ area then move up progressively. Martimer's team will do the same but starting from the 40+ area onward. This will provide a steady supply of equipment for Torva to break down and materials to be used.

According to Martimer, there are also mines in the dungeon and a goblin golem production method dropped. Apparently with this production method, the goblins can evolve when they reach a certain level and get a boost in power and skill based on what they did prior to evolution. I decided to use cheaper tin ore to make around six of them. All of them came out normal in quality but that's fine since I only plan to use them for mining in the dungeon. I sent the goblin squad away after Torva made some pickaxes for them. She managed to make two rare pickaxes and raise her stats through it. After thinking for a while, I made seven more goblin golems, one of which came out with a rare quality, and had them follow the same process except I had them focus on mining down and expanding the hideout. Torva's newer batch of pickaxes came out as mostly normal quality, however she made her first epic rated item in the form of a pickaxe. Even though I wish it were a weapon, I'll just let the rare goblin golem use it.

[Extraordinary Goblin Pickaxe]

Rating: Epic

Durability: 230/230 Attack Power: 20-25

* 8% increase in mining speed
* 5% increase in ore quality
* 4% increase in attack power
* The skill 'Beginner Mining Technique' Lv 2 will be generated

A pickaxe crafted by a blacksmith that has seen the path to become a legend. Even if it will only be used for goblins, she kept her unyielding determination and produced something normally impossible with the materials provided.

With this pickaxe, any goblin can learn how to mine with ease.

User Restriction: Goblins

Weight: 30

I became amazed by the details of the pickaxe and wished I could use it for myself. Sadly I couldn't, but this isn't the time to lament over the loss but rather congratulate Torva for making an epic rated item. I asked her if there was anything that she wanted and she said she wanted to try food and receive a head pat. I could understand food and chalk it up to curiosity but why the head pat? Oh well I just complied, patted her head, and handed her some potatoes to try. She smiled and ate as I patted her head. I didn't stop until she told me to, but even then she seemed to be reluctant to get up from her current spot, which happened to be my lap. That said, she had to get back to crafting at some point so she got back up but, not before one more head pat and she felt 'recharged' according to her and dutifully started her work up again. Little did I know the ripples that were going on in the private golem chat that I didn't know they could set up.

After working for a while, I noticed that Euphemina was hired by the mero company to do some blacksmith competition against Khan's disciple who, from what Torva told me, is Grid. She is going to lose, no doubt about it. How can she even win when she is a mage not a blacksmith? She must have some sort of card up her sleeve. I kind of want to see it so I'll keep a close eye on her with an eagle and watch her part of the competition while Torva keeps an eye on Grid. I've noticed that as I grind making golems, how much materials it is taking up. I just need one more growth type golem for something 'special' to happen to my class but I haven't made a single one in the build up to the blacksmith competition. The good thing about that though is the fact that I made enough golems for another team but there isn't a growth golem to lead them so I can only hope that one can break through as they level. I sent them to wait near Torva to be geared up before seriously thinking about making normal blacksmith golems to keep up with the demand that my golems will need for gear. Sure she could probably keep up with about two more teams than the current load but, what about after that point?

I have seen some guilds with thousands of players and I barely have 40 golems. I'm sure I will make a ton of them later on, whether or not they become unique in any way they can still be used to grind and gather loot. Due to this fact I didn't make the golem population I created, entirely female and mixed in some male golems in the parties as well. Of course all the goblin golems are visibly male, but I wouldn't be able to tell visibly if they were female anyway even if I was the one who made them. Unless I specifically made certain parts that way but it wouldn't matter anyway. The good news about my squadron of goblin golem miners is that they have made good progress on expanding and making a second floor of the hideout, it just needs to be furnished. Also the ones sent to the dungeons have regularly cleared out the 40+ and below mines in them.

What bothers me about not making any growth type golems is that I've made two rares and one epic golem in that last batch of golems in the new team but none had the growth attribute added with it. I guess getting the first four were due to pure luck because even if there is an almost guarantee when I was making Torva, Martimer, and Joul, there was still a chance of getting normal golems or even failing. Shade however, was 100% luck. Though it seems like my luck ran out and won't come back for a while. I should still be happy since my stats are increasing with each rare and epic golem I make. Before the blacksmith competition starts, I decided to get the production method for a beginner or intermediate blacksmith along with an alchemist, tailor, and as many more production classes as I can get. The sooner I get them made, the easier things will be for me later on. I don't think I will find a painter or sculptor since the users that play those classes are far and few inbetween. I sent out a few eagles to search for users or npcs with low level production classes. After sending them out, it was almost time for the competition so I decided to go there with Torva in person. The elite golem team(aka Martimer's team) followed us behind for protection. We all sported gray cloaks with a black skeletal mask and some armor that Torva designed with a skull on it that was the same as the mask.

What I was trying to do would be disguising ourselves as NPCS since unless a very high level of appraisal was used on me or my golems, all that would be seen is the name and level. My golems would be treated just like NPC's anyways since they aren't classified as pets, summons, or monsters which is weird but it might just be a way for the system to categorize them since they are like on the border between NPCs and summons. Whatever, it's too long to explain and I don't fully understand it. When we arrived at the competition, there was a large crowd surrounding three people, the announcer Rabbit and the competitors, Grid and Euphemina. Besides them were normal blacksmith forges. The people around started cheering for Euphemia or rather 'Erina' as she introduced herself.

"Thank you for your support!"

She smiled while waving at most of the male part in the crowd that was cheering for her. They mostly consisted of players that sadly had no interesting classes that I didn't already have. A berserker wouldn't be half bad to have but, I still have yet to find one of those. Grid tried to mimic 'Erina's' actions and I just facepalmed at his stupidity. Low and behold the disdain that is coming towards him.

"What is that guy doing? Uhh, I feel bad, not for him but for myself by looking at him."

"The bread I ate a while ago feels like it's reaching the back of my throat and I might throw it up…"

"He looks terrible, and he is still wearing that newbie clothing."

I kinda felt bad for him but, he should be mindful of the fact that he may be using them to work in but is currently wearing the basic clothing that players are given when they aren't wearing any equipment. However, against my expectations, the NPCs started cheering for him. Good on him I guess he must have built some reputation with them. Sadly though, the male NPCs still had perverted looks in their eyes and looked at Euphemia. I sighed at what happened next though, Grid down talked Euphemia and called her a kid. He really shouldn't just blatantly say that to a woman and it is clearly because she hasn't met up to his 'standards'. Now don't get me wrong, I have my standards too, but I wouldn't just blatantly be rude about it. Although the way I speak to people other than my golems and Agnus might be taken that way since I either tend to stay silent or play the role of an evil villain. I still wouldn't stoop low enough to make fun of someone's body though.

I stand corrected, Euphemia retaliated back by straight up calling him gay. That right there is a big step to take, I mean seriously, does she think that just because one guy doesn't like her that they have to be gay? How big is that ego? I kind of want to deflate it a ton but sadly she probably is a much higher level than me or my golems. Oh well I really shouldn't judge others personalities when mine isn't that great either. Not long after, the host finally started speaking up.

"The two people have started the game. I will notify the crowd! This time the theme is to make a dagger. The one who produces the better quality dagger within the time limit will be the victor!"

The moment Grid started moving his hammer I swear I could feel the intense stare that Torva was giving him as she wrote in a notebook which I didn't even know she had or when she got it. It looked like Euphemia was having trouble though since she took out a hammer but couldn't equip it and was constantly staring at Grid in bewilderment. Don't tell me, she is trying to copy his skill? No, let's not draw conclusions just yet since only my golems should be able to mimic or have greater ability to wield the skills of a legendary class so an ordinary player shouldn't be able to. What shocked me though, is the fact that she called up Khan to help Grid when he clearly didn't need it. When Khan got up and started to work, she stared at him then started to mimic his skill exactly. She has to be some kind of skill copier or duplicator! I need to make a golem out of her class, if I do then I can think of a ton of skills that would be useful to duplicate, and since I estimate that since her class should be one of the Epic classes, considering her reaction to not being able to copy Grid, by the time I can get a production method of a golem of her I should be able to make at a minimum of 2 and at max 3 golems of the same kind. Something that surprised me was a comment made by Torva when she looked over to Euphemia.

"This girl is disappointing. She has a zero chance of winning and doesn't even have the fire of a blacksmith and yet is willing to be dirty enough to copy the hard earned skills of others in order to cheat her way to a win. Even though I know Grid will win, from what I can tell from watching the mero company around here, they will find some way to cheat out a win for themselves. I don't feel sorry for Grid though, he is still too immature like myself but was gifted a golden goose without the proper resources to use it. Myself however have Preator and everyone else to provide everything I need to grow without stopping."

That statement may have thrown me off for the fact that she actually spoke about someone other than me and the other golems, but it was what she said next that threw me off the most.

"However, just from watching Grid, even if it was for a short period of time, I feel as if he will somehow get through this. I don't know how, but nobody becomes Legendary by accident. That's why, even though I will start near the bottom and he will start near the top, I won't be in any way inferior to him!!"

I looked at her and somehow, there was a bright golden glint glowing through her mask. I could swear I was seeing things so I just let it be for now. Once the competition was about to reach the climax for when they were supposed to examine Grid's dagger, some soldiers came and falsely accused Grid for being associated with Huroi who they probably looked up for false accusation as well. I guess Torva was right about them cheating their way to victory. Grid won though since I examined the dagger from the distance and was astounded by the stats it had.

[Ideal Dagger]

Rating: Unique

Durability: 168/168 Attack Power: 378-413 Attack Speed: +13%

*There is a rare chance of instantaneously killing the target

*Agility +30

*The skill 'Wind Blast' is generated

*The skill 'Quick Movements' is generated

After that point, I shook my head and headed back with my group to the hideout. Hopefully the goblins made good progress. That reminds me, I need to furnish the place so I decided to head to the auction house since most of the NPC stores were closed down due to the competition and guards hired by the mero company taking them in for various false reasons. Eh, not my problem, I'm sure Grid can solve it. After buying a ton of furniture along with items for a few more workshops, we headed back to the hideout. Martimer's team went back to level in the dungeon after several head pats and the same could be said for Torva except, she went to her smithy in the hideout. She preferred to call it a smithy rather than a workshop since it was modified for only blacksmithing. I didn't really mind though. In even better news, the goblin golems were halfway done with the second floor layout I gave them so I started furnishing the rooms they mined out and did some mining myself to fine tune the rooms before resting on a couch I placed near Torva's smithy.

What was strange to me when I looked at Torva's stats is that she was prioritizing strength and vitality, but thankfully she still did distribute some into dexterity. If she solely relied on making items to get the stats for dexterity then it would take much longer. I was going to command her to focus on raising her dexterity but she said that, 'it felt right'. She hasn't been wrong about that yet so I left her alone after making a few strong suggestions on her stat distribution. If she was going that route, then she should at least make it equal. After a few hours of constant work on the second floor, I noticed that Grid, Huroi, and Khan broke out of the prison. Good for them. Grid also spoke about a production method for orbs. Huh, I didn't know that they could be made by blacksmith's. Good thing to note if any of my golems come across a production method for one. I also got a production method for golem horned rabbits and dire wolves. A dark smile came across my face when I imagined a small horned rabbit annihilating a large amount of monsters or players with a delicate appearance. It was at that time that the thoughts of the strongest rabbit that would wreak havoc in Satisfy would be conceived, but that would be for another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back