• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Lost Elemental Hero in Star Rail (An HSR Crossover Fic)

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

It was another day of the Astral Express Crew on a random planet. March and Dan Heng go together to see what the city has to offer while Welt and Himeko go off to do more important matters. However, it seemed that this was the start of a new adventure when they met an odd teenager.
[Honkai Star Rail x Boboiboy Crossover]
[This is before the opening scene of the game, will follow after a few chapters]
Chapter 1

HelloPlayer2

Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?
This is a crossover fanfic of the GAME: Honkai Star Rail and the Animated Series: Boboiboy

I don't own the characters of these series.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hmm, what should I get?" Pondering, March stared at the available clothes in the shop. Her eyes shifted from one outfit to another, each unique and appealing in a way that made it difficult to choose from with the limited budget she had. Despite looking at so many different options, she still couldn't decide which one to pick.

"Just choose one, March." Letting out an exasperated sigh, Dan Heng crossed his arms. "It's been 40 minutes since we've been in this store, and you still haven't picked one."

"But there are too many! They all look good. I just can't choose." March pouted, pulling a random dress from the clothing rack. It was a pink dress with a cute ribbon in the middle. "See?!" She pulled another dress and pushed it closer to his face. "See? See?!"

"Alright, March, you've made your point." Dan Heng pushed the dress away from his face, revealing his annoyed expression. "Then buy all of them. I'm sure Mr. Yang has a lot of spare credits from the missions we did."

"Still, I want to buy it with my own money. I don't want to ask Mr. Yang again for my allowance, and if he finds out that I spent it all in just under a day, he'll be angry," March replied with a serious look, pointing her slender finger at him.

"Alright, fine. Just decide quickly." Dan Heng saw no point in arguing and just let her be.

In the end, March bought two dresses and a T-shirt, spending almost half of her monthly allowance. When they exited the store, the weather was not what they expected. When they first entered the store, it was a bright sunny day with little to no clouds in the sky. Now, the sky was almost completely covered with dark clouds.

March's cheery expression faded as she realized that the day she had imagined was gone. "Really, it's gonna rain? Now, of all times?!" She cried out, dropping to her knees.

"Oh, would you look at that, they just announced that the festival is canceled due to the upcoming storm," Dan Heng said, unintentionally adding salt to her wounds.

"Nooo!" March let out a scream of pure despair.

"It's not the end of the world, March," Dan Heng sighed at her overreaction.

"B-But, if there's no festival, then what's the point of coming here?! All the food, the drinks, the activities, are all gone!" March shouted, and then her shoulders slumped. "I was supposed to take so many pictures. It would have been a great addition to my album" She mumbled

"You do remember that we are here on this planet because Mr. Yang and Ms. Himeko are on a mission, right?" Dan Heng questioned with a stare.

March blinked, her expression swiftly changing to one of realization as her mouth opened but no words came out.

"You forgot. Alright, that explains it," Dan Heng concluded with another sigh.

"Muu, I was all excited about the festival, and this storm just popped out of nowhere and sabotaged it." March stood up with an angry look on her face while dusting off the edges of her skirt. "Do you know why there's a storm suddenly?" She asked.

Dan Heng shook his head. "That's what I've been trying to find out. Surprisingly, they didn't disclose any information other than a storm was coming. As for when this storm will clear out, I don't know."

March appeared sullen. "Alright, might as well seek shelter. What about Ms. Himeko and Mr. Yang?"

"I texted them. They haven't replied to my message yet," Dan Heng replied with a frown.

"They must be busy," March guessed.

"It would seem so."

As they stared off into the distance silently, the wind started to grow stronger and more restless. March began to worry as small objects like posters and tables started to fall.

"Uhm-," March began but was interrupted.

"Attention all citizens. Please proceed to the evacuation zone. I repeat, all citizens please proceed to the evacuation zone," all the speakers around the area rang out together with an alarm. "A storm level Critical-A is approaching. I repeat a storm level Critical-A is approaching."

Blinking, March questioned, "A Critical-A? How strong is that storm, Dan Heng?"

"Let me see..." Dan Heng quickly searched on his phone. "It's apparently strong enough to bring winds that could pull the rooftops off some houses. Though the city seems to experience this often, so it isn't necessarily a concern for them," he answered.

"But why would they advise everyone to go to the evacuation center?" March asked.

"That... I have no answer," Dan Heng replied, shaking his head.

"Well, I suppose we should go to the evacuation center. Maybe Mr. Yang and Ms. Himeko are there to take shelter."

"Possibly, but unlikely we'll find them in the same shelter. Most likely, there will be several shelters," Dan Heng turned his head. "Maybe we should follow that group of people right there?" He pointed to his right.

March followed his gaze and saw a group of people running. They both shared a look before nodding. They took off at the same time as thunder roared in the sky.

+++===+++

"The storm is getting worse," March said worriedly as she gazed up at the sky. It had turned even darker than before. She looked ahead of them, surprised that the people they were following earlier had long disappeared.

"I think we lost them," Dan Heng replied, his eyes set on something else. Then something caught his eye. "Wait, March." He held his hand out, preventing her from going further.

"What? Why did we stop?" March asked, confused.

"We're being watched."

"Huh?!" March exclaimed, looking at him and then around them. "But there's noth-"

"Watch out!" Materializing a spear out of thin air, Dan Heng blocked the strike aimed at March.

"Eh, a void ranger?!" March screamed in surprise as she took a step back.

Dan Heng gritted his teeth as he pulled all his strength to push it back and was successful in doing so. However, more began to appear, surrounding them.

"What are the Antimatter Legion doing here?!" March exclaimed with alarm. "First the storm, and now them? Can this day get any worse?"

"Whatever it is, they might be behind all of this. Be ready, March," Dan Heng warned as the situation worsened with more void rangers appearing and surrounding them from all sides.

March nodded, putting aside her frustration as her weapon appeared in her hand. It was a large bow, sleek and gently curved, its design resembling her blue and white pleated skirt.

The void rangers wasted no time, rushing forward together. March let out the first attack, shooting arrows at the closest void ranger. The arrow pierced its chest, ice spreading across its body as it was pushed back. She let out more arrows, jumping and bringing a hail of them crashing down, freezing most of them.

Meanwhile, Dan Heng pushed back the remaining two behind them with a swing of his spear. His eyes narrowed sharply as his grip tightened on his weapon. He lunged forward, successfully pushing the sharp blade through the other side of its body. He kicked its body back, slashing the other one coming at him with one quick swoop.

"Wow, they're not very good at fighting," March let out a smug grin as she lowered her bow.

Dan Heng remained silent. 'Most of them are reavers and one eliminator,' he noted, scanning the surroundings. "We better go. I doubt that's all of them. There might be people in danger as well."

"Right! As trailblazers, we can't let them be harmed on our watch!" March declared, puffing her chest out.

Dan Heng nodded in agreement, though the storm above them showed no signs of letting up.

+++===+++​

"Dan Heng, over here!" March shouted, waving to catch the attention of a certain person. She flinched as another burst of strong winds flipped her hair onto her face. "Ugh, this is the third time this has happened!" She grew annoyed at how the storm was messing with her hair. Did it know how long it took her to take care of it?!

Dan Heng, who had just finished dealing with the remaining void rangers, turned to March. "How many?" he asked calmly.

"There are three people and a little girl," March replied, pushing her hair away from her face.

Dan Heng nodded. "Alright, let them follow closely."

March turned her attention back to the people behind her. "Don't stray far behind, okay? We'll protect you." Kneeling, she gave the little girl a bright smile. "We'll find your dad, alright? That's a promise." She held out her pinky, waiting for the girl to do her part.

"A promise," the little girl said, intertwining their pinkies, bringing a chuckle to March.

"March, we gotta get going!"

"Coming! Come on, guys, let's go. Stay close, okay? We don't want anyone getting lost, and with this storm, it will be difficult to find you," March reminded them, to which all of them nodded.

March and Dan Heng carefully cleared the streets of Antimatter Legion goons while keeping the group behind them safe. March guarded from behind while Dan Heng took the front and sides.

"Alright, we're near. Everybody, prepare to run towards that alley. Don't stop until you find a door on the other side. There are people waiting for you there who will keep you safe, understood?"

All of them nodded. "What about you guys?" one of them voiced out.

"We'll be fine. You need to worry about yourselves first," Dan Heng reminded.

Reaching their destination, Dan Heng carefully led the people to the alley. "Go! Move quickly."

The people quickly followed his order and began running.

Meanwhile, March was busy holding back the Void Rangers: Reavers that kept coming at them from all directions. Despite eliminating most of them, they just kept coming back.

"Dan Heng, we gotta go or else we'll get surrounded," March said, struggling to keep up with the number of enemies.

Dan Heng was about to say something but was interrupted as something fell from the sky, shaking the ground itself.

It was large, larger than any of the void rangers. It had four legs, and its lower body had a similar structure to a horse, though the upper part of its body was humanoid in appearance. It held no weapon in its hand, merely crossing its arms with its eyes set on them.

'A trampler,' Dan Heng thought, recognizing the beast immediately as it let out a screeching roar.

"March, we can't beat them with the two of us. We need to retreat now," Dan Heng said, stepping back. They were surrounded on all sides. The only way out was to cut an opening. However, with the arrival of the Void Ranger trampler, that wouldn't be easy.

Dan Heng's face became grim as the situation appeared to turn for the worse.

"March—"

"Look, Dan Heng!"

Looking to where March was pointing, he saw something akin to a blur coming towards them at incredible speed. Not only that, it seemed to have caught the attention of the Antimatter Legion forces as they turned their heads in that direction.

"Thunder ball!" a voice shouted.

Small red orbs appeared, flung into the air, and landed on some Void Rangers who were caught off guard by them. When the red ball made contact with their bodies, it sent down a bolt of electricity cursing through them. A bright light illuminated the street, making it look like there was a disco party. As the light faded, the Void Rangers were covered in smoke and their lifeless bodies started to disappear.

The two could only watch, speechless at what was happening.

Then suddenly a figure appeared above them. Dan Heng managed to catch a glimpse of whatever it was and realized it was a person. He wore a red and black outfit with a cap on his head in a similar color pattern. What was noticeable was his weapon: it was a lightning bolt but red in color. Then the figure disappeared, confusing him for a moment.

"Look!" March pointed out, prompting Dan Heng to place his attention towards it.

The remaining Void Rangers went down one after the other. The only thing they could see was flashes of a red blur.

The trampler finally began to make its move, raising its large legs in an attempt to squash whatever it was but failed as it, like the rest, was electrocuted. However this time, it was stronger, bringing flashes that forced them to shield their eyes. When they opened them again, all they saw was a fallen trampler with bits of smoke rising from its body.

Again, March and Dan Heng were left speechless.

"Dan Heng, are we dreaming?" March asked, almost too stunned to speak.

"No."

"Then—"

"You guys okay?"

"Ahh!' March let out a scream as a random person suddenly appeared in front of her. Instinctively, Dan Heng swung his spear but was surprised to see it grabbed by the person on its shaft.

'This person,' Dan Heng gulped, eyes growing wary at the person's strong grip, 'He is strong.'

"Ah, sorry for scaring you guys. And, um, can you please put this away? It's really pointy," the mysterious boy said, letting go of the spear.

Dan Heng eyed the boy suspiciously but relented, vanishing his weapon into thin air. He did save them, after all.

The mysterious boy let out a sigh of relief. "Alright. So—"

"How did you do that?!" March questioned, gone was her moment of surprise as it was now replaced by sheer amazement at the boy in front of her.

"Huh?" the boy blurted out, not expecting March to suddenly lean closer to him with sparkling eyes shining with curiosity.

"That thing, how can you move so fast! Like you were there and there, and we couldn't even see you!"

"Ah, well, um, how do I explain it, um—" The boy appeared to have no words, so Dan Heng had no choice but to step in.

"I'm sorry for my friend here, she can be quite optimistic about things."

"Dan Heng!" March whined, pouting. "Aren't you curious as well?"

Dan Heng looked at March. "I am, but clearly, this is not the best time for such a thing." He told her while looking ahead. "We need to get going before another group of them attacks us."

The mysterious boy nodded, agreeing with him. "He's right. I've got a good place to hide safely for a while. We can stay there if you guys want."

"That would be… good," Dan Heng replied, quite hesitantly.

"Anyways, why don't you tell us your name?" March suddenly asked, looking at the boy who blinked in response. "We can't go around calling you 'mysterious boy,' right?"

"Um, that would be weird." Rubbing the back of his hand, the boy couldn't help but agree with her.

"Mhm. To start, I'm March 7th and this serious and boring guy beside me is Dan Heng. We're from the Astral Express!" March introduced themselves with a cheery voice.

The mysterious boy took a moment to answer. "I'm Boboiboy."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: I've been playing HSR since its first week of release and still playing till now so I decided to make a fanfic out of it. I apologize if I somehow made the Characters OOC. Please point out any mistakes I made, especially grammar, and dialogue if some are awkward. I'm still a newbie writer so please be gentle.

This is before the start of the game.

Chapter 2
Hours before the attack

Boboiboy stared dazedly, standing so still that people walking past him thought he was a statue at first. He turned his head slowly from one side to the other. No matter how much he looked, no matter where he looked, he couldn't find the answer he was searching for.

"Where am I?" he muttered, feeling frustrated.

After his fight with Retak'ka, he was left unconscious and woke up in this unfamiliar place. It's been 2 hours since he arrived here. He tried calling his friends and even contacting the TOPAPS station, but no matter how many tries he made, the connection always fell short as if it didn't exist. How was that possible?

He stared up at the bright sky, feeling lost. Frustration and confusion were another feeling altogether.

"Alright, are you? Staring you have, long time it is" a concerned voice spoke out beside him.

Boboiboy blinked and slowly turned his head to meet an old man staring at him worriedly. The way he spoke was oddly strange but he didn't mind it.

He opened his mouth to say something but couldn't find the words.

"Hmm, I see. A sense of loss and sadness you are feeling," the old man said, nodding slightly

Boboiboy couldn't help but stare at the old man in amazement. How did he figure that out just by looking at him?

"Come. Come," the old man ushered him to follow.

Boboiboy hesitated.

"Doubtful, you are? Force you, I won't," the old man chuckled, shaking his head. "Come, you want."

That seemed to dissolve Boboiboy's hesitation, and he started to follow the old man. They walked down a random street, and another unfamiliar feeling washed over him as he looked around. People were busy working and placing decorations around the street. Their choice of design was peculiar; they seemed to be celebrating a dragon. A dragon festival? That was the first thing that came to his mind when he saw the scene.

They arrived at a small house shortly after the rather long walk. There were fruits and vegetables that he wasn't familiar with displayed in front of the house. The sign read "260 credits per kilo."

Is this man a merchant? Boboiboy wondered.

"Here, sit," the old man gestured to a small chair.

Boboiboy took the chair and sat. The old man poured something into a cup and handed it to him.

"Drink?"

Boboiboy took the cup. It was warm but not enough to burn his hand. "Thank you."

The old man smiled at the gesture.

Boboiboy stared at what was inside and saw the liquid was green, with some leaves floating in it. Tea?

"Now, questions you have, I assume?"

Boboiboy nodded.

"Hmm, lost you are, I feel. Here in this place, you are not?"

Boboiboy shook his head.

"The planet?"

Boboiboy hesitated for a quick second before shaking his head. He knew for sure this wasn't Earth or anything he was familiar with.

"I see, a traveler you are, are you?"

Again, Boboiboy shook his head and decided to say, "Do you know where I am?"

"Hmm, in Kosha City you are. On planet Baryard you are," the old man answered.

"Barnyard?" Boboiboy questioned. Granted he wasn't familiar with planets, but this one didn't ring any bells. He had his fair share of going from one planet to another. But the question remained, how did he arrive here?

"Hmm, you?"

"I'm from Earth. Do you know where Earth is?" Boboiboy asked.

The old man shook his head. "Many planets I know. Earth, not one of them."

"Ah, I see," Boboiboy said, disappointment clear on his face. He took a small sip of the tea and, surprisingly, it was sweet, not bitter as he had expected.

"Do you know where I can hitch a ride here? Like, you know, going to other planets?"

It was one of his early questions when he arrived here after noticing many vehicles in the sky that looked like spaceships. This world seemed more advanced than it looked.

"Hmm, the port you are looking for."

Boboiboy was about to reply, but the old man quickly added, "But expensive it is."

"How much?" Boboiboy asked, nervous.

"A million credits, I think. More it could be," the old man answered.

"Ah, that's…." Boboiboy's words trailed off. The old man hadn't lied about the expensive part. He expected it to be under a hundred thousand, but a million? That was too much, and even he didn't know when he could get that huge amount of money in a short amount of time.

"Disappointed you are?" The old man chuckled. "Worry not, help you I will."

"Really? But isn't a million credits a bit too much?"

The old man shook his head. "Poor I am. Options, however, there are."

The old man hopped off his chair, pulled out a thin, large paper from a small box, and handed it to him. Boboiboy grabbed the paper and saw there was a tournament advertised on it. What caught his eye was the 2 million credits listed as the prize. His eyes widened at how large the amount was.

"A tournament it is. Credits you can get," the old man said.

"A tournament, huh," Boboiboy muttered, looking up. "How do you know I can fight?"

"A feeling I have," the old man replied simply. "Failed? Never was."

Boboiboy stared at the paper, contemplating. Wasn't this a good opportunity to get credits just by fighting? While he had no doubts about his abilities, he still had no idea how people in this world fought. Do they have superpowers? If they were anything like Retak'ka, that would be a problem.

"Decide you must. Regret you shall not," the old man reminded.

"I see, thank you for this." Boboiboy smiled. "I'm Boboiboy, by the way."

The old man smiled. "Fretz, I am."

+++====+++​

After his talk with Fretz, Boboiboy decided to have some alone time. Gladly, Fretz was a kind and understanding old man and even handed him 1,000 credits, which Boboiboy initially denied. But Fretz insisted that he needed it more, so Boboiboy had no choice but to accept the help.

Sitting on a bench, Boboiboy was left alone deep in thought. In his hand was the poster of the tournament. Two million credits, that was the prize money. It was quite a hefty sum and considering he lacked any sort of money, this would benefit him in the most helpful way possible.

He looked at his watch. It was square and had an orange strap. What made the watch stand out was the lightning symbol on it instead of the time. Five years. It's been five years since he became a superhero, five years since he received this kind of power. In those five years, he faced a lot of enemies, lost many times, and always managed to get back up each time. Tok Aba, his mother, his father, and his friends—despite not showing it, he missed them dearly and the thought of them made his heartache.

Knowing he was very far away from them, he didn't know when he could see them again or if he ever would see them again.

"Are you okay?" a voice crept up behind him. It sounded like a little girl.

He turned his head and saw a little girl with bright red hair and a wide smile staring at him curiously.

"Yes, I'm fine," Boboiboy forced a smile and assured the little girl, who couldn't help but narrow her eyes in suspicion.

"Then what's that tear on your face?" the little girl pointed at his face.

Boboiboy blinked, putting his hand closer to his face. She was right; there was a single tear when he tried to wipe it away. "Ah, this, well, sometimes my eyes hurt."

"Mm, but my mom always says that when a person cries, you always comfort them," the little girl said, humming. "Here." She showed him a bear plushie. "This is Hans. He always keeps me from being sad. You can have him if you want."

Boboiboy stared at the plushie and shook his head. "No, I can't possibly keep it. I know it's important to you." He gently pushed the plushie away, but the little girl offered resistance, much to his surprise.

The little girl shook her head as she pushed the plushie closer to him. "But you need it more. Hans's mission is to brighten a person's day."

"I—" For the first time, Boboiboy was lost for words. Somehow the way the girl acted was oddly nostalgic. "Thank you." A grateful smile curved over his lips as he accepted the plushie.

"You're welcome! My name's Amber, by the way," the little girl, Amber, introduced herself.

"I'm Boboiboy," Boboiboy also introduced himself. Then he heard another voice, older and sounding concerned.

"Amber, where are you?" the voice called. "Oh, there you are. I was worried about where you suddenly ran off to."

"Coming, Mom!" the little girl shouted back before turning to him. "It was nice to meet you, big brother."

With a cheery wave, the little girl Amber left, leaving Boboiboy to stare at the plushie silently.

++++===+++​

"It looks like it's gonna rain," Boboiboy murmured as he watched dark clouds invade the bright blue sky. The wind began to grow restless with each passing second.

"I need to find shelter." The only place he could think of was Fretz's house. Knowing the old man, he probably wouldn't refuse to let him stay for a while.

As Boboiboy started walking down the street, he heard someone shouting.

"They're here! The Antimatter Legion is here! Run for your lives!"

A man ahead of him was shouting madly, bumping into several people, some of whom fell straight to the ground. Boboiboy managed to step aside just in time to avoid colliding with the man. He watched as the man continued shouting while hurrying away.

Boboiboy's eyes furrowed in concern. 'Antimatter Legion?'

Judging from the name alone, it seemed to be bad news.

"Wait, did he just say the Antimatter Legion?"

"Is he crazy?"

"Why would they be here?"

"He's probably drunk from the booze he drinks."

Seeing a lot of people conversing about it, Boboiboy decided this was the best opportunity to ask about the Antimatter Legion. He approached a group of people and stepped in.

"Um, can I ask? What is this Antimatter Legion?"

The people turned to look at him oddly. "Kid, have you been living under a rock for not knowing something so infamous?" a man with brown spiky hair asked.

"I'm not from here," Boboiboy defended himself.

"Man, you must be lucky where you come from to not know what they are," another man said, laughing.

The man with spiky hair sighed. "To sum it up, they're bad news, kid. Basically, every civilization in this solar system is afraid of them. Why? Because they're an intergalactic army responsible for the death of hundreds of planets."

"Wait, planets? So they destroy planets?"

"Something like that. Their goal is to destroy all life and every civilization."

"Well, they do follow the Aeon of Destruction, so destruction is what they do," the other man added with a shrug.

"I see." Boboiboy nodded and shifted to another topic. "What that running man said earlier, was it true they're here?"

The man laughed. "Kid, don't take that guy too seriously. He must be drunk for all I care. There's no way the Antimatter Legion would come here of all the planets they could choose from. So don't worry, we are safe with our Aeon of Preservation."

'And this Aeon thing they keep mentioning,' Boboiboy thought. He was about to ask for more information but paused when he heard a loud explosion up ahead.

"Whoa, what was that?!" All the people looked alarmed as they stared right up ahead.

"An explosion?"

"Look, smoke!"

Boboiboy's eyes widened. 'Isn't that near Mr. Fretz's place?' Without a second thought, he ran toward Mr. Fretz's place.

"Hey, kid—kid? Where are you going?!"

+++===+++​

Running, Boboiboy saw fire up ahead, with smoke rising into the sky. Darkness filled the place as the sky was covered with dark clouds. Rain began to pour, and the wind roared.

"They're here!"

"The Antimatter Legion!"

'The Antimatter Legion? I thought that man said it wasn't true,' Boboiboy thought, growing more concerned. If it was true, this planet would be doomed. He saw several people running past him.

"Hey, kid, where are you going? It's dangerous there!"

Boboiboy ignored the warning and raised his wrist. "Boboiboy Thunderstorm!"

His outfit changed to a reddish color, the same as his eyes. His eyes turned sharp as his figure blurred.

He jumped onto the roof and maintained his fast speed. His eyes scanned the place, seeing multiple clouds of smoke rising. When he looked further up, he noticed spaceships surrounding the city, and his horror grew.

When he arrived at the street where Fretz lived, he found the place abandoned, with fruits, decorations, and other things scattered on the ground. Thankfully, there were no bodies in sight.

"Mr. Fretz?! Mr. Fretz, are you here?" Boboiboy knocked on the door repeatedly, but no one answered. He had no choice but to force entry. "I'm coming in!" he said before slamming the door with his foot. The door broke down and fell to the ground. Inside, Boboiboy frowned when he found no one.

"Mr. Fretz?" Boboiboy called one more time, but again, no one answered.

"Mommy!"

Boboiboy's eyes snapped toward the direction of the voice. It sounded faint, but he heard it clearly. 'That voice…Amber!' Electricity crackled around his body, and in a blink, he was gone.

+++===+++​

Amber was crying as she held her mother. "Mommy, please don't die!"

Her mother's eyes slowly began to close as she kept her hand on the wound in her chest.

"Damn it, kid, leave your mother. We need to go now," a man, named Anton, a police officer, said, fending off the Void Rangers with a mere pistol.

"No! I'm not leaving Mommy!"

"Damn it, kid!" Anton gritted his teeth in frustration. "I can't hold them for long. It's either she dies or we're both dead."

"I told you I'm not leaving Mommy!" Amber shouted, feeling hurt at the thought of leaving her mother.

"You have to run, Amber," a weak voice sounded, bringing the crying child to a stop.

"Mommy?"

"You…have…to run," her mother said, pulling all her remaining strength to speak to her daughter.

"Mommy, I'm not leaving you," Amber insisted, trying to put on a tough act but failing as more tears fell from her eyes. She tried to wipe them away, reminding herself that she was a big girl now. She had to be a big girl for Mommy.

"Amber…please listen...Run…"

"Mommy…"

"I…love…you." With her last bit of strength gone, her hand fell to the side, and her eyes closed. Yet, a smile was on her face.

"Mommy!" Amber cried like there was no tomorrow as she held her dead mother.

"Damn it. Fuck," Anton cursed, finally having enough. "Your mom's dead, so let's go!"

"No!"

"Stop being a fucking brat for once—" Anton stopped as a blade pierced through his abdomen. He tried to speak, but blood flooded from his mouth.

Amber's eyes widened at the horrible scene. Her pupils dilated as she struggled to let out a single word.

"Kid…run," That was the last words Anton spoke to her before he was thrown away like a ragdoll.

The Void Ranger lowered its head and looked at her, its blade still dripping blood. It raised its blade higher, preparing for a strike.

Amber's eyes began to close, and she whimpered, feeling scared. She knew she had to run, but her body wouldn't budge. 'Please…somebody…'

She waited, but the strike never came. Instead, a familiar voice rang out.

"Thunder Strike!"

When she opened her eyes again, she saw the Void Rangers dropping one after another. She couldn't see who was responsible; she could only manage to catch a glimpse of something blurry.

When all the Void Rangers were seemingly gone, a figure appeared in the middle of them. He was strangely familiar, and she squinted her eyes.

Despite the change in outfits, she finally realized who it was. "Big brother?"

"Are you alright, Amber? I'm sorry for not getting here sooner." Boboiboy apologized, seeing the destruction the Antimatter Legion had caused in a short amount of time. It horrified him. It pained him to see how many lives he could have saved if he had responded faster. Looking at the dead woman, whom he assumed was Amber's mother, he bit his lip and tried to tear his gaze away. He couldn't bear to see the lives he had failed to save.

"Why are your clothes different, and your eyes?"

"Um, that's not important right now. We need to get you somewhere safe." Boboiboy forced a smile to assure the girl and patted her head.

"But Mommy…" Amber whimpered, looking down at her mother. "Please, Big brother…"

"I—" Boboiboy couldn't find the right words. He couldn't just say her mother was dead, could he? He couldn't promise that her mother would be safe. Even his powers, no matter how strong, couldn't bring the dead back to life. He pulled something from his pocket. "Remember Mr. Hans? You said you'd give him to someone who's sad, right? Here, take him. He'll protect you."

Boboiboy placed the plushie in her hands. "Hold it tight and grab my hand."

"What about Mommy?"

"I'll find a way," Boboiboy said.

Amber nodded and grabbed his hand. In a flash, Boboiboy and Amber disappeared.

In the end, Boboiboy managed to find a safe place for them to stay. It was a small hut, hidden as it was secure. The walls were made of concrete proving it to be a dependable shelter. He found a bed in the nearby rooms and placed Amber on it

"I want you to stay here, okay? I promise I'll be back. If something happens, hide," Boboiboy gave a serious reminder to the girl who nodded back.

"Where are you going, big brother?" Amber asked, a tiny bit of sadness present in her tone.

Boboiboy reassured her by patting her head "Doing what I always do. Saving the day"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back