• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The second Chanche for Two souls

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Noel thought he would live a normal life in this new world even with the goddamn destruction demons.

not with a lance for an arm and the weird things happening around him all because of his soul and maybe his knowledge needed to be corrected because everything was different from what he remembered.

Oh well, Noel may as well do the best he could with what he has.
Chapter 1: Starting point New

Galer

Getting out there.
Went Noel walked out of the bullhead he couldn't be more relieved.

That said he was still a bit dizzy from the trip he had. Ren patted his back while recovering, and Nora pranced around excitedly.

Noel hoped this wasn't a precedent of how the day would eventually get

"Ugg I hate trips like this" Noel said "Oh how I wish to have medicine against nausea."

while he was dealing with this.

Nora was turning looking at everyone and everything, as she talked about one thing to another, one of them was wondering if Beacon would mind her hobby of creating even more explosive grenades.

Not that Noel and Ren would let her do that in their presence they were thinking of not letting her alone unsupervised.

Ren swore to the gods that she had too much energy. not that Noel was better about it because he could be just as energetic as Nora and reckless, with a lack of attentiveness. but with the addition of a dose of anxiety.

Like right now though he had the excuse of using all his willpower to not succumb to the nausea he was feeling when he got up and started walking.

Noel also was likely distracted by the next idea he had in mind. rather than focusing on today.

People were paying attention to them and most likely Noel's right green arm that ended in a blue hand that looked like a raise, with metal nails, some people were curious about the prosthetic. but some just threw him a disgusted face and nasty glare, some even gossiped about it.

Noel didn't seem to notice that he was completely absent-minded from the world around him. probably not Talking with Teresa the spirit on his right arm, most likely his head was in the clouds.

In Rens's opinion, this was the reason why Noel had problems back in the combat school on mistral went they managed to survive the wilderness, after the destruction of their home village kuroyuri

"So Noel what do you think of this place?" Nora asked "Is awesome right!? I cannot wait for the practical exam."

"Uh eh, what?" Noel asked went his mind returned to the real world "Sorry I wasn't paying too much attention"

Nora just pouted at the reaction and let out a sign "....I was asking what you think of this place?"

"Eh good? yeah good, it doesn't seem too bad, to be honest?" Noel said with a very distracted tone in his voice " I meant this is one of the premier schools of hunters in Vale so.."

Nora and Ren just rolled their eyes a bit Nora with a noticeable smile on her face while Ren just had a monotone feel to it.

Noel wasn't that he was humble, it was just that he acted as if the place didn't care or he lacked the motivation to give a damn about how prestigious the place was.

To him this was just another combat school of the many in his head, not thinking about the implications of merely being here.

"Sometimes I ask if you are all there you know?" the rough voice asked in his mind " Oh maybe this is why you are so mopey at times?"

"Hey! It can be fun too. Do you remember how people liked to laugh when I was around in class in the mistral combat school?"Noel said with confidence.

"Were they laughing with you or at you?" she told him sarcastically.

"Do you need to put it that way?" he replied mentally to her to which he just heard a chuckle making him annoyed.

During their talk, Noel almost tripped to the ground.

A person who was nearby grabbed Noel before he could fall flat on his face.

When Noel turned his head towards him he was met with an early 2000 character design.

A stranger with a white t-shirt that was covered by a black jacket with fur on top, his teams were black with gray boots.

his hair was a black mane going all the way to his back and his skin was pale cinnamon, his eyes were a mix of yellow and burn orange, they looked like a pair of twin menacing suns.

Even if he looked cool Noel needed to admit it was edgy, especially with the red tattoos on the grey shirt.

"You should be more aware of your surroundings you don't know if it's going to save your life," he said with gravel in his voice, he helped Noel to stand up and patted his back in a friendly gesture.

"Ok I get it, but don't you think is a bit too intense, Like we aren't in a life-and-death situation," Noel said looking at the guy his glare reminding him of the days in the wild with Nora and Ren but significantly more savage in quality.

The guy let out a sigh although it sounded a bit like a frustrated growl.

"...Yet" the stranger declared with severity.

"Jejeje you are one of those serious but goofy guys don't you?" Nora said getting too close to the stranger for comfort making him stumble back although his expressions looked monotone his body language told a different story, he was startled by Nora invading his personal space.

"Mmrh…you seem very enthusiastic," He said with his expression unchanged however one could feel he was hiding something behind that face "hope that kind of energy helps you get into Beacon"

Silence followed the conversation until it settled into something more awkward, the stranger's face kept being like a stone with a resting bitch face however he seemed to thinking about something else.

He eventually walked away from the group Noel, Ren, and Nora waved him goodbye while he returned the gesture.

"Ok that guy doesn't seem very talkative," Noel said a bit weirded out by his reaction "That was odd"

"Hmmm" Teresa murmured "he looks like a survivor more than anything else "

"How can you tell?"
the ashen-haired tanned-skinned teenager asked his partner his cyan orbs looking back at the monochrome individual.

"The way he moves" Teresa pointed out "it's very similar to all of us went we were in the wilds don't you think? although my observations could be wrong, my eyes are that of a warrior's general survival. not as good"

Noel just nodded remembering the experiences in the past with Nora and Ren.

He reincarnated as a child of an average family Kuroyuri, his mother was a farmer, and his father a humble trader from an antique shop they had two son, his brother and him.

he knew he reincarnated with all the memories of his twenty-seventh-year-old self and knew the world he lived in was almost a hell hole.

His life wasn't that bad he even over time cared a lot about his new family, and although he still wanted to help, he could have told Ozpin way earlier in his life about What he knew even if the world was completely different from the remnant he knew before they were enough similarities that he could avert tragedies.

or at least he hoped they were, the most unfortunate thing is that he didn't have the connections, didn't have Ozpin's phone number, and a lot of other myriads of things along with the feelings of isolation he had at the time.

He wasn't exactly an average kid due to what was cramped into his head, not to mention dealing with a new body, including the very fact that being a kid a the time didnt make adults believe anything you said.

so over time he didnt realize that he remained silent, not sharing what he knew, he enjoyed life in Kuroyuri with his family, including his brother.

Until then the Knuckelave came, it was the last time he saw his family alive that day, that day in which still guild consumed him, the smell of death, fire screams of fear, pain accompanied with the screech of psychotic pleasure and horror the grim let out.

The beginning of the three of them surviving in the wild by the skin of their teeth, and then a fortuitous day in which he met Teresa happened.

----

The trio stopped near a river with a cave in which a strange war scythe was stabbed into the ground surrounded by vegetation, some of which enveloped the weapon and had cracks in some places.

They set up camp here aside from the cave and the scythe. They felt that the place was safe to rest for a while, although away from the scythe they figured it was the grave of some sort.

They didn't want to disturb it, although they were sure the owner wouldn't complain if they took the weapon with them, they needed protection for their journey as soon as they re-started their pilgrimage.

They were children all of them although they didn't have the size they had the strength to carry the weapon thanks to Aura.

Though Noel could swear he saw every once in and while that the flower engraving in the ancient weapon shifted, and he swore he saw a face pop out of it, for a brief second, he didn't know what to make of it. maybe a side effect of how Nora unlocked his aura?

After all, she didn't know the spoken component for the spell, so she needed to do it forcibly. It was an uncomfortable process, and only got a partial unlocking out of the deal.

Great.

They made rudimentary traps that most of the time didn't work.What did work was the fishing.

Nora discovered her semblance that time they got attacked by a Beowulf on a stormy day, when Nora got hit by a lighting instead of a charred corpse, she was charged and punted the creature through several threes. they didn't stick to confirm the kill they were too frightened to do so.

At least it wasn't that giant crocodile-armadillo hybrid animal they found at first.

Normally they would have been excited, but Nora of all people warned them not to get near it, Noel didn't need the warning but figured Ren ironically because he was a child at the time, although he used his semblance to calm himself.

They were lucky both times.

Noel didn't know how but they were, between the giant super animals and the Grimm, on top of common worries like environmental threats, starvation, infection, and illness.

They managed to carve an existence by being essentially vagabonds, that couldn't stick in one place for too long.

It was a good thing they had each other otherwise they would have gone feral already.

However they did it they always managed to find this place that seemed safe consistently enough to not die apart for the days in which they didnt eat at all or couldn't sleep, be it nightmares or simply couldn't.

But they did it enough not to die, yet they still needed to find a settlement or village, they couldn't remain like this forever.

"Hey Ren rest for using your semblance please," said Noel the kid nodded, and suddenly he could feel the restrained wave of dread over him, his hands shaking after gutting the fish they electrocuted near the calm river thanks to Nora.

She seemed to share in the feeling of being distraught. None of them couldn't get accustomed to the fact that they needed to kill wild animals to survive.

The trio was aware they were abusing the emotional-dampening powers of Ren to not get killed by Grimm in the wild in any way they could, but Noel felt this wasn't in any way healthier, although it wasn't addictive.

He could feel they were using it far too often for their own good.

"Well it helps, although I am glad I am cautious with it, this area is serene," Noel thought this place seemed safe, aside from the oddness of little sound from this place and they could-

His thought was interrupted by a feeling of being observed, taking over Noel's mind.

He turned his head at the weird feeling towards the war scythe, the flower engravings on the blade that was on the ground and the rest of the weapon started to shift, changing rapidly from one shape to the next like a response to his gaze.

Eventually, a shimmering transparent mist came out of the weapon, amorphous without shape that coalesced into a hand and slowly materialized a body.

She hovered ever so slightly on the ground, her body all cracked like a rock splintered, with the worst being chunks of her missing, to top it all off her metallic silver eyes were observing him analytically.

Noel could only be tense all through the spectacle sweating a bit, and wondering what the fuck was happening, was he hallucinating thanks to the lack of sleep?

"Eh, guys are you see-? " the black-haired boy was about to say when his words died in his throat once he turned to Ren, on his side there was a shadowy mass, as Noel raised his head.

He was met with several pairs of furious yellow embers looking back.

They were just near a shocked Ren sitting on a rock, Nora yelled as she ran along with Neol toward Ren.

Nora couldn't reach him in time, however, Noel had a headstart as he was closer to him, and he shoved Ren away with his right arm.

What followed was a blur, a bone-white limb with red markings was swimming briefly, as his aura sparked to life but his protection shattered like glass taking the worse of the attack with the aura.

Noel was sent flying just until he hit the ground near the likely grave, briefly seeing the glimpse of the silver shine of the war scythe, he felt a brief sting in his right he turned his head and he then red just red, a mangled thing that was previously his right arm.

Nora was screaming in terror and then… then a garden with the biggest three he saw in life at its center a three that resembled a hand both in its roots and in its branches.

A talk with an imprisoned ghost, an agreement, then he woke up and they ran away from their lives while plants grew to hold back the Grimm, and a group of humanoid silhouettes made out of the dirt served as a distraction.

It was a mess.

---​

He remembered things like they happened yesterday instead of seven years yet he was surprised that he and his two friends were as stable mentally, perhaps between Ren's semblance and distracting themselves with efforts to survive it made it easy for them not to implode.

Except for a few calm moments in which they had the opportunity to relax.

Although he asked how much that was a coping mechanism bootling everything even if his therapist told him it wasn't the case, that he didnt bootle anything.

"At least the therapist seems to be a supportive one," Noel said wishing internally he could talk with them more often, the therapist was helpful he wasn't going to lie, but often they all didnt have the money to afford one for consistent schedules and one thing was certain the man wasn't a bigot which was a plus.

After all people Like Noel with his condition with Teresa weren't treated the best.

Lord knows he already has plenty of bad experiences with that given his condition with his right arm.

"Hey, are you ok?" Nora asked him "You seen deep in thought"

"A is nothing just thinking about the fun times we have gone wandering and got my arm mangled when we met Teresa," Noel said as if it was a normal topic of conversation to say "Sorry it's just I cannot help but remember that we were in that hell and know we are here now getting thrown back a Grimm, normal people would do this, to be honest, we are hardly typical"

"Yep but hey we could still have some fun being hunters don't you think?" she said with excitement in her voice "Plus aren't hunters viewed as heroes, you did want to be a hero in your past life right?"

"Went I was a child, Nora I am doing this out of necessity and not wanting people to suffer because I kept my mouth shut," Noels said remembering his original world life fondly "That, and mostly my mother saying it was too dangerous"

Went Nora was about to say something they were startled by an explosion nearby, followed by an indignant scoff and then a gaggle of people just watching what was happening.

Nora passed to the thought of the mass of people opening the way for Ren and Noel to get a better look, however,

Noel at the beginning didnt know what it was until he heard the voices and he could not help but make an irritated face knowing the participant in this disaster.

he didnt know at first not that you could blame him, he lived in Remnant as a permanent resident, with the differences like the Tsukumogami and survival (mostly survival), which made some memories extremely muddy his memories a lot.

But now that he looked and heard the two it was undeniable, the one in the red dress was Ruby and the other in withe was Weis Schnee.

"I can't believe you did that," a furious Weis said "You could have thrown us off a cliff for that are you that extremely airheaded ignorant fool"

"Maybe if you didn't shake those vials in from of my nose it would have happened," Ruby said in a defensive "If anything you are dumber for doing that"

Shook angrily at the retort but before he could say " You-

"Hey, at least you could be a bit nicer?" Noels said interrupting her " I meant she doesn't seem to be the type to do it on purpose"

Weis bristled at him irritated by his presence Noel on the other hand just got a bit nervous realizing he probably fucked up by being on the receiving end of her annoyance.

Noel groaned at the realization of this he didn't want to start the day on the bad side of someone, even if this person was fictional to him in one life.

"You know who I am?" Weis asked

Noel just let out a sign not being amused by the situation " Judging by the logo? Schnee right?"

Weis just made a smug smile making an audible hum, like a Nobel getting the oh-so-deserved recognition for a peasant "So you know I am expért on this right?"

"Yeah one that almost blew herself up, " Noel said with a wave of his right arm irritating Weis further than before "You need to do something about that temper of yours"

He said the last sentence like he didn't have any temper problems.

Weis changed her tune went he saw his arm her face changed from one of shock to one of hatred.

"tch, of course, a person that s influenced by nothing but an object would say that" she while pointing at his arm, which made Ruby frown and Noel pissed off "Like your kind could say anything about temper to me went you savagely tear things apart, but I guess that what weapon likes to do"

Noel forgot that ugly side of herself. Although he knew she wasn't completely to blame for her racism against non-humans, her father, the white fang, and The hands of Naraka shared part of the load that didn't make this interaction less unpleasant.

In fact, in their frustrated minds, the Tsukumogami and the human wanted to wring her neck went she said that crap, along with the desire to tear that smug face apart.

However, they were quite aware that they weren't psychopaths so things like that stayed only in the mind. instead, it was replaced with the desire of getting the fuck out of there now.

"What not saying anything hu? hmmm!" Weis said with still her smug smile on her face "This feels like a Beacon degraded if they left one of your kind here"

In the crow forming around the three Nora wanted to bulldoze the heiress although Ren was doing everything in his power to stop Nora from making the situation worse Than it was already, even if internally he wanted to give the haired a piece of his mind.

Noel could only roll his eyes at this in his humble opinion stupid reasoning then again bigots were not reasonable people"Cierra tu jodida boca, ve molestar a otro pendeja y vete a la mierda "

Noel said that like no one would understand what he said. Unfortunately, some people who came from Vacuo that were among the public snickered, and the reaction Schnee threw at him indicated that she understood the full sentence.

The only thing Noel could do was stay still with his reactionless expression that told everyone a single word: Welp.

"Hmph!"Weis changed from irritation to contentment, not saying more than that, she was about to stomp out before she almost tripped with someone in front of her "Can you not look when you walk!?"

"So you do not want your bottle of dust back?" said the person dressed in a monochromatic attire and with a bow on top of her head Blake Belladonna if Noel wasn't wrong, "I thought dust was important for you, enough to respect it, well it looks like you throw it away just like the indebted Faunus and Tsukumogami workers in your mines…if the rumors a true that is"

Weis just clicked her tongue at the sarcastic remark and the gall of the girl in front of her looked like she couldn't believe her grandfather's company degraded that much.

But she still has a bubble of doubt emerging from her conviction, one she decided to ruthlessly crush.

What was with this academy wanting to sour her mood? She garbed the vial with all the patience she could muster at the moment, walking away quickly hopefully she wouldn't see any of them ever again

"...I swear I am surrounded by ignoramuses!" Weis said angry.

"Bitch!" Noel said that when she was far away enough he didn't pártiocularly want her to hear this nor did he want to hear her complaining because of it.

"What a way for the day to start don't you think?" Said the Tsukimogamki acting as his arm in his mind.

"This wasn't what I had in mind for the start of the day" Noel replied grouchily due to the sour taste the situation left him with.

Noel would have preferred not to deal with shit like that again. That being said he still wanted to get her out of that prejudice, but Noel didnt know how to approach it, and it wasn't the right moment, not now that was still imparted into her because of her messed up life.

Plus telling her all that he knew would make her dismiss him and call him crazy, even if he hated the fact that he needed to be delicate with this information because at current, with his proclivities to not wanting to be near people, Weiss made the task difficult to do.

Sometimes he wished he didn't have this knowledge in his brain to begin with, it felt wrong. to be honest with himself knowing everything about all of them as people.

Noel briefly looked at the sky for a few seconds, on occasions he wished he could help, even if he did not know how to.

____

A/N:

I don't know why the fuck I am publishing this here fuck I am posting this here.....meh fuck it.

I just need to put this here this story is simply adventure and action A.U of Remnant.

No, I am not gonna write anything naughty because it does not suit me at all

I also need to point out, that my grammar is not the best since English is not my first language.

chapter 2: welcoming and no so welcoming New
"Bitch!" Noel said when she was far away he didn't particularly want to hear her complaining at him for the insult. then he looked at the sky signing in frustration and realized he wasn't alone.

"Hey!" Noel asked the red-haired girl on the floor, giving her a hand. "Are you ok? That was a pretty loud explosion. "

"Yeah It was big but I am ok don't worry," Ruby Rose said with a smile as she got up "Besides I am glad that you came by when she started to yell at me."

"Hmm?" Noel looked at her eyes They were silver alright, just like Teresas. Yep, she was one of those warriors, 's always a good thing the more things remained constant the less the dice would roll on one "Hey don't worry about it, I was there and I tried to do the correct thing, to be honest."

"Like I am a good person, " Noel complained internally " Good fucking joke"

"Yeah, we are hunters in training, but we need to hold on to a standard," Said Ruby, a bit happier.

"That's the spirit," said Nora walking towards them, "Though I think I would have yelled at her if it wasn't for Renny holding me back"

"Nora getting in her bad side by attempting to tackle her is not a wise choice," said Lie Ren a bit winded from holding her back. " we don't want to get into more problems."

"Yeah, but the way he treated Noek was- ugg I wanted to dope slap her to get that expression out of her face" Nora Valkyrie replied petulantly. "But I think Noel already did that by insulting her in Vacuan."

"When someone irritates me, I tend to say things like that," Noel said. "Although I controlled myself, I wished to punch her in the face at that moment"

"Uh? Wouldn't that get you into trouble?" The Gothic girl said. "I meant is not that I didnt want to do it myself, that's just not nice to say. Neither calling her like that even if I agree"

"Why do you think I didn't say that to her face? I don't want anything to do with that mess, I am not an asshole," Noel said bluntly "Thought to be honest that behavior of hers will only get her few allies. "

"Yep, can you believe she blamed me for the explosion?" Ruby frowned "First my sister's ditched me, and now this crazy dust-shaking girl came haunting me, what is up' with me today?

"Hey at least you got us 3 out of 5 is not so bad," Said Noel trying to uplift her mood.

"Guess you have a point," Ruby frowned then changed to a smile that became more pronounced when she looked at his arm " Is that a Tsukumogami?"

"Oh yeah, Meet Teresa," Noel raised his arm, several green stems overlapping giving the impression of muscle all of them ending up in a blue flower that resembled a human hand "She helped Ren, Nora, and me a lot in the past"

"Wow, that's so cool How did you meet?was she a heirloom?Whyissheaweirdarm? is thathersemblance? or isthatmagic? " Ruby asked rapidly words merging as she picked up speed.

Noel could almost get most of what she said, almost after all she was also darting around his arm making her speech difficult to understand

"Woah, woah, woah! stop!" Is this how Ren felt when he talked to him? "I can't respond if you don't stand still!"

Nora grinned at the spectacle while Ren chuckled at the irony of the scenario.

However, that amused smile disappeared when Ren realized how energetic Ruby seemed and that's where dread crawled down his spine.

Don't get him wrong he didn't hate Nora or Noel but when they both got hyper it was a tiresome experience, Gods help him because now there's another with the same biases.

"Gods, why do you give me your hardest challenges?" Ren thought as he let out a sigh.

"Uh, he sorry for that!" Ruby stopped "It's just I admired Tsukumogamis and their process of origin the phenomenon in which the more aura you give to your weapon over time the more they turn into a living being, it's like something from a fairy tale!"

"I meant we do live in a world of magic it's not that unusual, and I would not compare it to a story in a book…" Noel said while trailing out remembering some distant unpleasant memories" although if it was fairy tale, not the darker variants well people would get along more with Faunus and Tsukumogamis"

"Yeah, they would is unfortunate that isn't the case, although I think is better that it also isn't those darker histories I read went I was kid," Ruby said a calm nostalgic smile on her face Noel turned his head towards her slight surprise that she read those went young "surprised? eh? most people don't realize I read them along with the happier ones, the funny thing is reading both variants gave me hope"

Ruby said her eyes full of happiness " That in the darkest of the world you still can make it a better place even if my action is smaller, that's why we are huntsman"

Noel let out a chuckle early Ruby Rose always had that sort of optimism that was contagious, it was the type that made you have the resolve to keep moving forward.

"I just gotta tell you this kid even if you change as a person, you should always still have your core ideals," Noel said he wasn't the sort of guy who imparted wisdom but there was always a moment for everyone right? "They would help down the line"

Ruby nodded in agreement, then she felt someone pat her shoulder the dark-haired redhead turned.

She met a blonde seventeen-year-old teen with armor, combined with a hoodie, wearing jeans with metal kneepads and a pair of grey shoes, Noel laid eyes on him and recognized the teenager as Jaune Arc now that he thought about it, want that an impractical outfit.

Meh, to be honest aura did a lot of shit that made people get away with some questionable crap, not that he was or cared for his or people's sense of fashion.

Beside Jaune, there was a girl with the same features as him although she was substantially different for example; her hair was long, her hands were gleaming metal and her hair had a rigid texture.

Her outfit was interesting, she looked like his friend's Medieval Knight aesthetic, her pants ended in metal boots, and her torso, and shoulders were covered with armor.

Bellow the armor t there was a yellow color, and her arms were free allowing them to reflect light.

What caught Noel's attention was that her armor looked like something from Dark Souls, and it was also worm down, with scratches, like it had seen some use.

Judging by her abnormal features she was Tsukumogami.

"Hmm he doesn't seem to have the same demeanor of the memories you allowed me to see of him," Teresa said inside his head, Noel could see that, in a sense. "He looks less clumsy?"

Yeah he did, Jaune walked more firmly, his gauntlets were worm, and had seen some action Noel felt that he had a quality that you found in a martial arts practitioner, but the slight slouch position and relaxed demeanor retained a sense of goofiness.

The reason Noel could tell that was because of his years of practice in Shades combat school and Teresa's training along with their fusion.

This allowed both to share some feedback, about combat acumen.

That said Teresa was the most skilled of two by a mile, especially given her background.

"Ummm guys do any of you know where the reunion hall is? I forgot to get a pamphlet and well…We are lost," Jaune said with a dopey smile on his face and scratching the back of his neck with nervousness.

"No worries I would get lost too if my combat school was this big," Ruby said enthusiastically while giving him the pamphlet "My name is Ruby Rose what's yours?"

"Jaune, Jaune arc short sweet and Rolls with the Tongue," said the Blonde while the Tsukumogami beside him just rolled her eyes and shook her head, with palpable amusement.

He was met with a confused silence Noel didn't get it completely in fact it went over his head, Nora tilted her head thinking something, Ruby looked at him weirdly, and Ren had a neutral expression.

"Do they?" Ruby asked bewildered.

"Well, that's what my mother said.." Jaune chuckled as scratched his cheek in embarrassment a bit of blush appearing on his face.

"As you can see he can be a bit of a momma's boy," said the blonde Tsukumogami"Corsea Morse by the way."

Jaune just deadpanned at his partner which she ignored.

"Nice to meet you," Noel replied by waving although internally he was surprised, not that he should this world wasn't consistent with the one he knew anyway.

"I Guess that soldier got the family he wanted after all," Teresa said thinking back to her time in the great war "It is not surprising that his blade came alive after a time"

"Well you told me about that old soldier before is not surprising"
Noel replied the first time she talked about Jaune's ancestor was interesting, and it made sense he did belong to a lineage of heroes and soldiers. " I wonder what else changed"

"Maybe is better to wait until we talk to Ozpin"
Teresa finished.

"So you have a Tsukumogami too hu?" Corsea Morse said while looking at his arm " Can you defuse? I would like to talk"

"Sorry we cannot do that at the moment," Noel replied "It's an issue I have, it has more to do with my soul being weird"

"What happened to your Soul? Are you ok?" Jaune asked concerned.

Ruby looked at Noel in worry.

"I'd rather not elaborate too much," Noel said as he reminisced the disaster of a first meeting with Teresa "The circumstances behind my condition aren't pretty"

"Oh sorry," Jaune apologised.

"Don't worry too much you just were curious," Noel said reassuring the blonde " Do we go to the reunion hall now?

They all nodded as they walked toward the reunion hall Ruby and Jaune were talking about weapons.

In the beginning, Ruby asked about Jaune's sword and her sister in all but blood Corsea.

She was very entertained by asking questions and being responded in kind by the sarcastic Tsukumogami and then came the topic of Crescent Rose Jaune was impressed at the fact that she created an anti-materiel rifle.

He even admitted that he had difficulty making guns, he was more adept at making classic weapons even then he needed help, although Ruby refuted praise saying that it took long for her to do things.

She was very insecure about her accomplishments, she wasn't different from her classmates back in her combat school.

"So you made your Rifle?" Jaune asked" That's Amazing! I also practice weapon smithing, although I am better with melee, and even then I need help from my sister Corsea in all her silly glory"

"Hey! Don't make a sound like it like is a curse," Corsea said with a cheeky grin "I am a treasure to be sure, although the silly remark is accurate"

"I am not feeding your ego Corsea," Jaune replied the Tsukumogami who mock pouted making Jaune roll his eyes.

It made Ruby chuckle reminding her of her relationship with Yang.

"Yeah is my personal Baby" Ruby said "and I hope that when I become the greatest huntress it becomes alive So I can teach him all I know"

"Be careful being an early mother will give Tai-Yang a heart attack," Noel interjected with a joke not realizing he let out sensitive information.

Ren and Nora's eyes widened to the point they looked like dinner plates.

A tongue-clicking echoed in Noels' head not doubting Teresa.

Jaune and Corsea laughed at the joke.

Ruby looked embarrassed for a solid minute only to be confused.

"Umm I didn't tell you anything about my father," Ruby asked with a bit of apprehension "How do you know?"

Noel moved his mouth murmuring an imperceptible "Fuck," while his mind was going a mile a second trying to find an excuse so he could omit the truth.

"I know him from a Hunters magazine I read once," Noel said with a forced smile on his face "I meant he is kinda famous…right?"

There was tension in the air as Ruby squinted her eyes "Stop lying to me no need to hide it."

"Ok but to be honest, neither of you would believe me if I told you the truth, you would think I am insane in the first place," Noel said as he let out a sigh an annoyed grimace forming on his face.

"What would be insane? unless is something way more messed up? " It couldn't be worse than Her and Yang cratering the backyard in their sparring or Sweis strangeness, couldn't it? " I meant you are honest right?"

"Because you will see me as crazy if I say: I am a reincarnation of a dead person and I quite possibly know your father because I read it once in what might be an alternative to your world," Noel said directly without tack "What else would be your reaction hu?"

"I umm….." Ruby honestly didn't know how to react to that, Jaune had much about the same reaction and Corsea Morse raised an eyebrow.

"That sounds like you are hallucinating or something," said Corsea while Jaune flicked her in the head "Hey! I am telling the truth"

"Mother didn't tell you previous incarnation to be polite?" Jaune said a bit miffed by her " I get it but it is quite rude."

His sister Corsea clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"See what I meant," Noel said while pointing at the pair "So please could you just ignore the little weird slip-up? is not something I have time to explain, I am rather crap at explaining things or want to explain"

"If you just wanted not to say it you have said no." Ruby said bothered by Noel's reaction he winced "No need to be that hysterical."

After she said that he facepalmed hard, in fact, the sound worried all of them because of the echo such action let out.

"Ruby I was being sincere there, and I would like to tell any more proof, but it could be misinterpreted as bad," Noel said but from Ruby's point of view he gave the impression that he didn't want to talk about it yet, not to mention the people around him were looking at then making a scene" Look the whole situation is long and complicated there are things I rather not say to you yet, so talk to Ren he is better suited for it"

Just like that the mood significantly plummeted making Noel more grouchy, with Nora having a concerned expression on her face.

Ren was explaining to the other Three to the best of his ability what happened to him although Noel noticed for a bit that his emerald clap friend was evading certain sensitive topics.

Ren sometimes looked back at him his face neutral but with a certain feeling of worry directed to Noel.

"Are you sure it isn't his semblance?" asked Ruby still confused "Or at least magic we still trying to decipher it even if we manage to measure aura"

"I saw his semblance is not like that," Ren said while thinking back about Noels' abilities"It's quite strong but so far there isn't any evidence of his semblance making him capable of transferring his or another living being soul, not that we ever meet someone like that."

"huh? weird," said Jaune.

"yeah too weird if you ask me," Corsea said "Don't you think what came out of his mouth is a bit too nuts? even for our world?"

"I meant your soul gets exchanged for another went Tsukumogami reaches the time of death" Jaune put his two cents into the conversation, " I think the situation is similar."

"Ok, it might be, but we don't suddenly wake up with the memories of an alternative reality a fictional one at that, "Corsea skeptically replied" It sounds too much like those overly convoluted comics you like to read Jaune."

"Ok first they are graphic novels," Jaune said annoyed at her misconception"Second he looked like he was telling the truth"

"I think is better to wait for his proof," Ruby said a bit anxious and with the feeling of death on her back " I meant it is harmless? at least I hope so."

Corsea looked like she wanted to argue more however she couldn't help but agree with Ruby while Jaune just nodded.

They walked to the reunion hall and went they finally made it, they found a lot of human Tuskumogamis and Faunus in there talking to each other and likely waiting for Profesor Ozpin to be present for the announcement.

Quickly a blonde blur tackled the Gothic girl, the blur quickly took the form of a long-haired blonde teenage girl who was hugging the life out of Ruby right now, it was quite obvious that she was Yang Xiao Long.

Ruby eventually freed herself from the deadly "attack" which left her mildly embarrassed.

"Well you look at that made friends after all," Yang said while pointing at the people behind Ruby" Hello my name is Yang Xiao Long"

"Name is Noel Cyan," Noel said " The Zen monk behind me is Ren, and the energetic pink carrot on his side is Nora nice to meet you"

He then felt someone slapping the back of his head he turned only to meet the annoyed gaze of Nora.

"Pink Carrot?" Nora said, " I would have gone for Fiery Pink Thunderstorm."

"Nora the color of your hair doesn't help, or you want me to tell them your hair looks like orange cheese?" Noels said with a cheeky smile on his face.

Nora maintained her smile although one could easily tell she was annoyed at Noel. "do you seriously think I look like that?"

"Aside from the pink dress yeah," Noel bluntly stated he only received a punch in his shoulder for his troubles.

Yang and Ruby could only feel amusement at the interplay although this moment was interrupted by a shrill voice.

"You! You almost blow us up! " Said Weis with a scowl on her face that only deepened went she found who was beside the two sisters " Oh Joy here is the Foult-mouthed object-influenced idiot and his friend"

Ren frowned along with an annoyed Nora and Noel scowling at her.

The reincarnated Panamanian really didn't want to deal with the racist version of snow white right now.

Jaune turned his head towards her he couldn't help but think how beautiful she looked, that being said he wasn't ignorant to her insult which soured his first impressions of her, a bit to be honest.

Corsea glared at her with distaste although she limited herself to observing the interplay although with some apprehension.

Yang was confused by what she said while Ruby had a nervous smile on her face.

"May I help you? what problems do you have with my sister and him?" asked Yang "Because so far she hasn't told me anything wrong has happened and the dude seems fine so far besides the plant prosthetic"

Before Weis could say anything Noel interrupted her or more like they mutually interrupted each other.

"Oh sorry you can keep going," Noel instinctively said with all sincerity taking the heiress off guard for that bit of politeness.

But Weis scowled at him thinking he was mocking her it didnt help that his neutral tone of voice messed that up, and Noel realised what the hell he said.

"Why I am apologizing to a racist!?" He yelled to himself mentally. indeed what he was doing? Was he on drugs or something today?

"You see that Rascal over there bumped with my bag full of dust cartridges that fell to the ground and almost blew us up" the heiress explained trying to ignore what Noel said to her still-in-place scowl said otherwise " In my wisdom, I graciously tried to show this Ignorant dolt the dangers of handling dust."

" Tch" Yang didn't like the way she referred to her sister like that " Is that the truth?"

"No she was shaking that vial on my face and it couldn't help but sneeze," Ruby complained "It is more her fault"

"Tch how dare-" Before Weis could say anything in her outrage

"Ok no. Weis she does have a point" Noel interrupted her "Are you incapable of facing the fact that it was your mistake? you are showing immature you are right? I am not the arbiter of that, but I would like you to stop"

Weis just clicked her tongue and her face contorted into a nasty glare toward him.

"As if I would listen to the likes of you," Weis said with significant vitriol in her voice which soured any remnant of endearment she may had, she then pulled out a pamphlet and shoved it to Ruby's face rudely "Just take this and don't bother to talk to me ever again"

Just like that, she went away with a pompous semblance in her strut in a high and mighty manner, Noel was just limited to giving her a death glare and a middle finger went she had gone away, he didn't have the energy to insult her verbally this time.

"Ice queen is charming isn't she?" Yang sarcastically said, "Telling my sister is an ignorant dolt, who does she think she is?"

"Ah, heiress for a megacorporation that distributes dust all around the fourth kingdoms?" Ren interjected"But I guess we already made enemies with her"

"Well after that impression, I do not feel like she is a princess" Yang explained with animosity.

"Is a shame that her opinions are that rotten, she has such a pretty face," Jaune said making everyone turn his face toward him.

"I doubt that it would be a good idea to woo her" Ren calmly stated but with a subtle sense of irritation"She wouldnt feel endeared in the least, not to mention how she treated Noel"

"Meh I have seen better" Yang commented "The scar might give her some points, that said I aint into masochistically trying to date a toxic person"

"Yeah, I have seen a couple of girls and boys in my combat school going through that," Ruby said "Not pretty sight"

The swordsman just scratched the back of his head and nodded in agreement, the commentaries she threw disabused him from the very notion of dating her.

The sound of a microphone being tapped echoed across the hall, All the people present turned their heads towards the podium a few murmured but there was a mostly quiet anticipation, as the headmaster was about to start his speech.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back