• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

To Be Named (Modern Low Fantasy) (My First Quest!)

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

I came. I lurked. I disappeared for a while. I came back. I made a quest. I put an overly long...

LordOfPie

(Verified Great Old One)
I came. I lurked. I disappeared for a while. I came back. I made a quest. I put an overly long gag for the author's note.

Character Creation

Name: [ ] Write In

Race: VERY IMPORTANT

[ ] Mundane - You have no mystical abilities of your own, but are exempt from the Olde Law.

[ ] Born Mage - You can naturally use Magick.

[ ] Infernal - You have Demonic blood. You can use Tainted Magick and form Dark Pacts.

[ ] Celestial - You have Angelic blood. You can use Divine Magick and grant Blessings.

[ ] Fae-Born - Magick acts strangely around you, usually in your favor.

All races have hidden bonuses and weaknesses.

[ ] Insert Very Brief Personality Discription Here

This may or may not have Erratic Updates.

(@v@)

[X] Mundane - You have no mystical abilities of your own, but are exempt from the Olde Law.

[X] Male
[X] Infernal - You have Demonic blood. You can use Tainted Magick and form Dark Pacts.

[X] Male

[X] Born Mage - You can naturally use Magick.

What's the Olde Law?

The Olde Law is an important mechanic which no one has completely puzzled out, but three basic principles are generally accepted by Scholars:

A Debt owed must be repaid in full, no matter what. Failure to do this results in misfortune.

Magick cannot create something from nothing. Attempts to do so fail spectacularly.

Pacts cannot be violated. This is a simple truth, as anyone who makes a pact literally cannot act against it.

Unfortunately, Mundanes can't form pacts themselves, nor, of course, can they use Magick. A debt owed to a Mundane by a Magickal is regarded as just as sacred as any other debt, but a Mundane cannot be punished by Magick for not repaying one.

In an in-game sense, these three principles take many forms. Misfortune as described by the first principle translates to, roughly, "I get to punish you proportionately to the debt owed." *GM Smiles*

Being Mundane isn't any better or worse than any other race, but the play style is more straightforward. I, personally, recommend Mundane due to a particular perk I put down the line, but each race has an equally Bullshit perk. If you want to be a:

Magnificent Bastard: Play an Infernal.

Murderhobo: Play a Born Mage.

Badass Medic: Play a Celestial.

Fair Folk: Obviously, Fae-Born. This gives you the Blue and Orange Morality Trait.

Badass Normal: Mundane. Later becomes an Empowered Badass Normal if you so choose

[X] Male
[X] Born Mage - You can naturally use Magick.
[X] Murderhobo all the way.

Last edited:
Edited my vote, and I only needed to press four keys! Happy now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back