• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Not Really a complaint. Just A Funny observation. The old QQ Forum was Dark Themed you see.

Yeah, I know, used the lighters kin there as well- The only part of "me" regretting switching to the XF default skin is my phone's battery.

Edit: Also hell yes, working quote notifications...

[X] striding calmly into the fight your hand snaps out to seize the collar of one of the thugs. Ignoring the choked cry issueing from his throat you spin around to fling him into a pair of his allies that were attempting to flank Renka. "I applogize for my interruption of your fight Ma Renka, but this conflict is interfering with some business I have to deal with." You said with an apologetic smile, raising your voice at one point to be heard over the sound of splintering wood from the landing of the three thugs on a side table.
-[X] as the girl processes your remark you note one of the thugs throwing a flower vase at you. A hand snakes out and redirects the projectile back at the thrower while plucking a single thornless rose from its collection of flowers. "I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for my intrusion." You intone the words as you tuck the rose behind Renka's ear. Though the image is quickly ruined when you have to backhand a thug attempting to plant a knife in your back.

Last edited:
[X] Search for the sword using the fight as a distraction.
-[X] Priorities, Priorities! Shigure has been searching for that Sword for years and it kept slipping through those soft, quick and dexterous fingers. Imagine her sadness if it slips away again! Pin down the location of the Sword at all cost! Use your Anima Power if necessary, to be economic with your motes activate it with Iron Kettle Body and a Presence Excellency to make a good first impression on the Chinese beauty.
--[X] Weave through the fight and distract her opponents through the sheer audacity of being so obviously supernatural. Use the stunned silence to pin down whoever has the Sword. He is the most dangerous opponent in this place, and most likely supernatural himself. Make sure to point him out to Shigure, with his attention focused on your glory and her in the Shadows at your back, you are invincible.
---[X] Cover your tracks by knocking out the witnesses and spilling beer on them.

-[X] Priorities, Priorities! Shigure has been searching for that Sword for years and it kept slipping through those soft, quick and dexterous fingers. Imagine her sadness if it slips away again! Pin down the location of the Sword at all cost! Use your Anima Power if necessary, to be economic with your motes activate it with Iron Kettle Body and a Presence Excellency to make a good first impression on the Chinese beauty.
--[X] Weave through the fight and distract her opponents through the sheer audacity of being so obviously supernatural. Use the stunned silence to pin down whoever has the Sword. He is the most dangerous opponent in this place, and most likely supernatural himself. Make sure to point him out to Shigure, with his attention focused on your glory and her in the Shadows at your back, you are invincible.
---[X] Cover your tracks by knocking out the witnesses and spilling beer on them.

From my one experience playing Exalted, riding a motorcycle would make us significantly slower than just roof jumping everywhere.
See, your problem there is that you seem to be under the false impression that riding a motorcycle would stop a Solar from roof-hopping.

Cover your tracks by knocking out the witnesses and spilling beer on them.
Where are we going to get beer? Also, how are we going to get beer without Suika immediately showing up and objecting to us wasting it? Also, that is a shitload of witnesses to knock out.

Honestly this whole step just seems ill-conceived.

I just realized all the story links in the index are now dead -_-

so i just started on my backlog for this season and just watched shingeki no bahamut genesis

let me just say the first 2:00 minutes are utterly awesome. Would full dragon + juggernaut drive be equal to that or would it have to be cosmic dragon?

See what dark glory my boredom hath wrought!

QUEST ARCHIVE

INDEX:

MAIN CONTINUITY

Genesis Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8

New Popularity Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

Training Days I: A Very Busy Week
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6 (I), Part 6 (II), Part 6 (III), Part 7

The Sister from the West Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9

Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9,
Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17,
Part 18, Part 19, Part 20, Part 21, Part 22, Part 23, Part 24, Part 25,
Part 26, Part 27, Part 28, Part 29, Part 30, Part 31, Part 32, Part 33

The Snake Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

Phoenix From The Underworld Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Ryōzanpaku Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10,
Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17

Extra Arc: Stray Devils and...Shinobi?
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6

Youkai Yakuza Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10,
Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17, Part 18, Part 19,
Part 20, Part 21, Part 22, Part 23, Part 24, Part 25, Part 26, Part 27, Part 28,
Part 29, Part 30, Part 31, Part 32, Part 33

I have no idea of the name of this Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

SIDE CONTINUITY

Issei's Awesome Adventures: The Old Shrine (This happened between Part 1 and Part 2 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Fluttering of Wings (This happened between Part 2 and Part 3 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Kiba's Request...Has just begun? (This happened between Part 3 and Part 4 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (This happened between Part 4 and Part 5 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9

Why does everyone want Renka when she is suppose to have a thing for Kechii and yes i know that has not happened yet or in quest knowlege.

Why does everyone want Renka when she is suppose to have a thing for Kechii and yes i know that has not happened yet or in quest knowlege.
Because in HSDK canon we know that except Miu no girls got a chance to win Kenichi, it's a classic harem after all. To me I don't care much about this since this is a quest which runs on QQhivemind and as long as KenichixMiuOTP happens, the rest doesn't matter much.

Because in HSDK canon we know that except Miu no girls got a chance to win Kenichi, it's a classic harem after all. To me I don't care much about this since this is a quest which runs on QQhivemind and as long as KenichixMiuOTP happens, the rest doesn't matter much.
It was all but directly stated that Kenichi and Miu hook up at the end what with the picture of a kid that looks like both of them holding Kenichi's hand.

Eh, I don't really care about Renka. I mostly just want to help Shigure finish her sword hunt then go check out the devils.

Because we have a number of followers that expect certain things(being awesome!) from us.

Cult: OOO (there are thousands of people that admire you)

And I don't want to word of us not being, flashy or impressive reaching their ears. Issei should alwats appear his best in front of the ladies anyways.

Why do we want Renka? She is THERE and we don't know her! For all we know she could be the love of our life! We don't want to make a bad first impression. Also you know how in most Harem Manga all females are pushy and oversexed except the one the protagonist wants? Yeah, we'll take all those.

It's like people keep forgetting Renka's the heir/sort of replacement head for a China-spanning martial arts alliance of people that predominately use what 'normal' people would consider bullshit martial arts. Thousands, tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of members is entirely possible when their roster is drawn from a country with more than a billion inhabitants.

Can you think of no use for a literal army of martial artists for the Hyodo Clan and associated allies?

And as to 'but she's Kenichi's!' she's not - and never was even in canon. Oh sure, Renka chased Kenichi just like other girls did - but what did that end up doing for her? She didn't get the guy she was interested in, she never returned home to manage the alliance she left to find it's original leader (her pops), and she basically got stuck working at a chinese cafe in fetish gear (seriously what else could you call her second outfit). The organization in which she takes pride was abandoned, she did not get her feelings reciprocated, and neither of those are really satisfying.

So 'getting' Renka is good for everyone.
  • Renka gets someone who's not a whiney bitch about relationships and will not flee from her advances, who is themselves more prone to the kind of grandstanding bravery that Renka likes.
  • Issei gets another 'would love to be involved in crazy quests because they're classic martial arts adventures writ supernatural' girl, and those are always helpful.
  • Renka gets someone that's actually better than her in terms of how dangerous he is (hard not to be as a sun dragon god thing), and represents multiple ways to breathe new life into the alliance and make the fact she's still not returning with her dad, the original Head less of a problem.
  • Issei gets access to a literal army of martial artists that could probably be introduced to basic magi-martial-arts-capable, and thus be both a massive force and a meaningful one.
  • Kensei doesn't get hounded to return to a place he threw up his hands over and went 'I'm out' about, and ALSO doesn't have to watch his daughter further muck up the place he left in a futile attempt to drag him back.
  • Kenichi doesn't get hounded with yet another, in his eyes, crazy violent girl when he's got Miu to hound after.

Pretty much every party involved 'wins' by the Issei/Renka angle - and that's why it's a good idea.

...That, and as Issei just blatantly drooled, it's a real sexy chinese fighter girl, and that's all kinds of fetish fuel to an otaku-rooted hero.

It's like people keep forgetting Renka's the heir/sort of replacement head for a China-spanning martial arts alliance of people that predominately use what 'normal' people would consider bullshit martial arts. Thousands, tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of members is entirely possible when their roster is drawn from a country with more than a billion inhabitants.

Can you think of no use for a literal army of martial artists for the Hyodo Clan and associated allies?

And as to 'but she's Kenichi's!' she's not - and never was even in canon. Oh sure, Renka chased Kenichi just like other girls did - but what did that end up doing for her? She didn't get the guy she was interested in, she never returned home to manage the alliance she left to find it's original leader (her pops), and she basically got stuck working at a chinese cafe in fetish gear (seriously what else could you call her second outfit). The organization in which she takes pride was abandoned, she did not get her feelings reciprocated, and neither of those are really satisfying.

So 'getting' Renka is good for everyone.
  • Renka gets someone who's not a whiney bitch about relationships and will not flee from her advances, who is themselves more prone to the kind of grandstanding bravery that Renka likes.
  • Issei gets another 'would love to be involved in crazy quests because they're classic martial arts adventures writ supernatural' girl, and those are always helpful.
  • Renka gets someone that's actually better than her in terms of how dangerous he is (hard not to be as a sun dragon god thing), and represents multiple ways to breathe new life into the alliance and make the fact she's still not returning with her dad, the original Head less of a problem.
  • Issei gets access to a literal army of martial artists that could probably be introduced to basic magi-martial-arts-capable, and thus be both a massive force and a meaningful one.
  • Kensei doesn't get hounded to return to a place he threw up his hands over and went 'I'm out' about, and ALSO doesn't have to watch his daughter further muck up the place he left in a futile attempt to drag him back.
  • Kenichi doesn't get hounded with yet another, in his eyes, crazy violent girl when he's got Miu to hound after.

Pretty much every party involved 'wins' by the Issei/Renka angle - and that's why it's a good idea.

...That, and as Issei just blatantly drooled, it's a real sexy chinese fighter girl, and that's all kinds of fetish fuel to an otaku-rooted hero.
I bet you some people are going to try make going after Renka look like it is NTR when it isn't. Or that we shouldn't because she is going to be interested in someone else in the future. Which I'm pretty sure has already been done by at least one person.

Last edited:
I be you people are going to try make going after Renka to be NTR.
First, that's unnecessarily disparaging: 'people like you' is almost never a good idea to use in earnest.
Second that's inaccurate - not only do I not have such intentions I don't think anyone has actually stated an interest in going down that route here.
Thirdly, it's 'I bet'.

Try again please - that wasn't a particularly functional inference.

First, that's unnecessarily disparaging: 'people like you' is almost never a good idea to use in earnest.
Second that's inaccurate - not only do I not have such intentions I don't think anyone has actually stated an interest in going down that route here.
Thirdly, it's 'I bet'.

I concur. While there are reasons not to go after Renka, Smuthunter has voiced a few arguments, I find your argument incoherent. Renka is not in a relationship and we have multiple lovers none who seem territorial. How is this in any shape NTR?

Thirdly, it's 'I bet'.

What? Oh I see why you misread my post. I meant to say "I bet you people are going to try make going after Renka to be NTR." Some how I left the 't' out of my post. So yeah.

I still don't get where you pulled 'people like you' from. Or why you thought I was talking about you when I said people. I mean if I squint at it I can kind of see how you got that.

I concur. While there are reasons not to go after Renka, Smuthunter has voiced a few arguments, I find your argument incoherent. Renka is not in a relationship and we have multiple lovers none who seem territorial. How is this in any shape NTR?
I was more commenting on a tend I noticed from people who don't want to pick up more lovers for Issei. If it's someone from another manga that persuses another guy but doesn't get the guy they tend to make it look like Issei is going after someone already dating someone else. Like the guy who said that Renka had a thing for Kenichi despite that having not happened yet and decided to use it as reason to not hook up with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back